Feel Yucky In My Tummy - Am Almost Done Vax Schedule & Wondering If I Can Delay the Rest? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-08-2008, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I was pregnant, I did not know much about vaccinations. At 5 months pregnant we moved to a very anti-anything natural part of the world (no midwives even)and I was preoccupied with finding a dr. who I could trust to allow me to have a drug/intervention-free labour and delivery. (What a task that was!)

With less than a month to my due date, I began hearing more and more about vaccinations so headed to the library and internet to start my research. I decided that I did, in fact want to vacc my child, but I was uncomfortable with all the weird stuff that was going to be pumped into her. Any medical staff I tried to speak to was as good as useless (all pro-vax) and my husband wasn’t any help either ei: “just do what the dr.’s say, everyone else does”

I had never heard of delayed vax until after my baby already had her 2 month shots. (I had a horrible time after my babe was born, otherwise I would have figured this out sooner).
I wanted to learn more about these “alternative” vaccines that I heard about…and I wish I knew about delayed vaccinations… URGH!! Everyone was so pro-vaccination – there was no one who could tell me any different! Anyway…so, my child has her 2, 4 & 6 month vacc’s and will soon need her 12 month and then will be done… Everytime I take her in I feel sick to my stomach as I wonder if maybe this could be the vax that damages my baby forever.

So, my q’s are:
Can I delay her 12 month vax?
For how long?
What about these “alternative” vaccines that don’t have all the harsh metals and whatnot in them?
Can anyone recommend some good factual information on delaying vaccines after already starting the schedule?

And you wanna know what bothers me the most!? My sister has Hep. B – that’s the only vaccine that I really want her to have right now. But I will wait until this round of vax’s is over. Of course I was told I “had to” add the Hep. B on with the other 5 she was already getting as I didn’t want to put my baby at risk…figure that one out!?

PS – I did end up having my 25.5 labour/delivery DRUG-FREE!! I ROCKED that delivery room!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinguk View Post
So, my q’s are:
Can I delay her 12 month vax?
For how long?
What about these “alternative” vaccines that don’t have all the harsh metals and whatnot in them?
Can anyone recommend some good factual information on delaying vaccines after already starting the schedule?
You can delay as long as you want. Years. Forever.

I have no idea what alternative vaccines you refer to. All vaccines have questionable ingredients as far as my research has shown.

-Angela
Old 09-08-2008, 02:23 AM

Stopping vax at any time is fine wont affect anything should you decide to continue down the road. As for hep b I assume you know how that is passed from one person to another?

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 09-08-2008, 09:21 AM

Delay as long as you want while you research. You can always get the vax later, but you can't take it back.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My DD is all up to date until her 12 month shots. The MMR (and chickenpox) scared me, so we told them we're waiting on that. DD has not had any shots since (she's 2 1/2). The Nurse Practitioner we saw was actually very accomodating on delaying - she just looked like this has happened LOTS of times before. She said "oh, ok, sure! We can wait until kindergarten or whatever". I didn't tell her that kindergarten wasn't that likely for us, since we're planning to homeschool. That said, I'm not completely sure we won't vax at a later date, but my DD is still about 23 pounds, so I'm really REALLY nervous about pumping all that junk into her at her size (or at all). DS has had 2 of the HIB shot. We've been avoiding everything else, and honestly, I wasn't real sold on HIB either.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

I have no idea what alternative vaccines I'm reffering to either! I swear I came across something about a vaccine without the harsh metals that I intended to read at a later date ...and now I can't find it. Maybe I misread what it was about, b/c I can't find anything on the 'net about it

Hep. B is transmitted through blood. We're actually living with my sis right now for who knows how long. However, right now she is just a carrier and hope she stays that way

I think I will delay until I feel absolutely comfortable with following through with the rest of the vax's -- although, with all the disturbing stats on vacc's I may never get to that point!

What would you guys recommend as the best book on vacc's?
Old 09-08-2008, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Aviva Jill Romm's Vax book is pretty good. I also appreciated Dr. Sears vax book, because even though he is pro vax he pointed out weak points, made suggestions for an alternate delayed schedule, and talks about his worries concerning aluminum.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:41 PM

I believe the alternative vaccinations you are referring to are homeopathic vaccinations, and yes they are completely different than your medical society vaccinations.

From what I have heard, they are processed without anything harmful, and are mainly for if there happens to be an outbreak. If my son gets to his teens without getting chicken pox, I may consider the homeopathic route, but may not... I still have questions, and studying to do on the subject.

I will PM you as I find more if you would like. They seem good, and it is nice to know that there is something that is out there that will help in an outbreak.

Again... I haven't done a lot of study yet on nosodes... but so far they do sound good to me. Do some research on them...

I will PM you any links I find that are good if you would like.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Wow thanx all for responding!

Loveyouohana thank you! I thought I was imagining things haha! I just 'googled' nosodes. If you find anything especially intriguing I would absolutely appreciate the link.

I'm a huge fan of Dr. Sears and already had his vacc book in mind. I know what you're saying about him being pro-vaccine. However, I trust his info as he provides unbiased facts and info and encourages parents to educate themselves and do what they feel is right. I wish I had a doctor with that philosophy...
Old 09-08-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinguk View Post
I'm a huge fan of Dr. Sears and already had his vacc book in mind. I know what you're saying about him being pro-vaccine. However, I trust his info as he provides unbiased facts and info and encourages parents to educate themselves and do what they feel is right. I wish I had a doctor with that philosophy...
I loved that book. It's totally pro-vax but really solidified my understanding of vaccines and my decision not to vaccinate. You should read it. I'm pretty sure that book has convinced alot of people not to vaccinate their kids.

What I got out of it was that the vaccines they give in the first 12 months are for things your baby won't likely catch if you breastfeed and don't send your baby to daycare (in Canada, babies under a year old in daycare are getting to be quite rare). About the Heb B one, he says in the book, that unless your baby has unprotected sex or share needles with infected addicts, it's pretty silly to give to little kids. The other ones are either for dangerous illnesses that have completely dissapeared or used to be pretty common in childhood (read: you may have a sick kid for a week, big deal).

And there is the section on aluminum in vaccines. *shudder*

Anyway, read the book!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:00 PM

Where in Canada are you? In Alberta & Saskatchewan Hep B is given in Grade 6(age 11 or 12 depending which province you live in). Unless the mother has Hep B there is NO reason at all to have it earlier than that.

The other vaccines you can just stop getting. Does your dr do them, or do you take them to public health for vax'd. If you take them to public health for vax's it's easier to not do them as there is no reason to go in there other than for vax's. Anything else they do the dr does at well baby checks too. Even if you do go into public health all you have to do is say no.

NO vax is required in Canada, there are only 3 provinces that you need an exemption for when they go to school. Public schools have to accept the exemption forms as it's against our civil rights to "require" vax's

User Tag List