Funding of anti-vax research?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-14-2008, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A friend of mine emailed me asking who funds the anti-vax research. She wonders if Pharma funds that side too because they produce the drugs to combat the illnesses that people would get if they weren't vaxed.
I am not sure how to respond... thoughts?? What would you say?
nak
Ronna
#2 of 5 Old 10-14-2008, 11:25 PM

What anti-vax research?

There basically isn't any- BECAUSE no one funds it.

-Angela
#3 of 5 Old 10-14-2008, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Well, that was my immediate thought!
And that her questions come from an assumption that vaxes work, and that those who don't get vaxed need a bunch of medical care to help with the consequences of the diseases they get.
I want to be able to formulate a thought-out response to her question about anti-vax research. I think the only vax info she gets is whatever she sees on TV and hears from her doctor/ped. She knows we don't vax our kids and I think she thinks we are crazy, but doesn't do any real digging herself.... just asks her doctor and watches the news.
I want to respond to her in a way that will make her think, and not turn her off to me as being cooky. I've been a non-vaxer for so long I have lost nearly all perspective on how to talk to a pro-vaxer.... and try to meet her where she is in her thought process.... which is very much "vaxes have saved countless lives and it borders on child abuse to keep such proven life-saving substances away from an innocent child"
#4 of 5 Old 10-14-2008, 11:55 PM

Basically the diseases for which there are vaccines where the disease is still in significant circulation, medical care is not really needed for disease treatment (think measles, chickenpox etc) Most are best treated with general nursing and supportive care.

Like a cold or flu.

-Angela
#5 of 5 Old 10-15-2008, 07:35 AM

If there were only some money to do research. The best would be to conduct a study of fully vaccinated kids vs. vaccine free kids. The study would have to be large enough to include all life styles.

That would show the true picture.

But that will never be done because the outcome would most likely be that vaccine free kids are MUCH HEALTHIER AND LIVE LONGER.

I have a theory that vaccinated kids won't even live as long as their parents. We just don't know. We have not seen any population that was as vaccinated as kids are today. I feel so bad for them which is why I spend so much time tying to reach parents of newborns.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page