New to all this - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-25-2008, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, I was wondering if someone could advise me on where to start educating myself on this issue. I have a 3 year old boy who is up to date on his vaccinations except for the ones to be given at his 3 year appointment - which I have not scheduled yet. I have felt leery about vaccines ever since he was born, but unlike my stance on circumcision, I did not know enough about the risks of vaccines to argue against the family's (and the world's) expectation that I vaccinate him. I still don't. But I have been learning more about natural medicine and I feel that this may be the right step to take. Could anyone give me any information about stopping a child's vaccine schedule (if it's even advisable)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-25-2008, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://insidevaccines.com/wordpress/ is a good place to start. I'd recommend books by Aviva Jill Romm, and "How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor" by Dr. Mendelsohn. "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations" by Stephanie Cave is another good one. Check the archives here, and this thread.

Someone recently posted a great list of questions to answer for each vaccine, before you decide whether or not to do them. I can't find it, but maybe someone else can...

I think the most important thing to remember is to research until you are comfortable with your decision, whatever that decision may be. You can get caught up on vaccines anytime, but you can't take them back once they're done. You can make up your own schedule, vaccinate selectively, or not at all. There are people here who have made all of those choices, so stick around and read a lot!

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page