Flu Vaccine and Dizzy Spells? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-26-2008, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So my 62 year old mother is asthmatic and is convinced that it's best to get the flu shot every year around this time.

I can't say for sure she is wrong to be getting it as the asthma is really severe... however

I know that mercury is still in most flu vaccines and so I worry about her exposure to it.

Also (and this is the primary concern right now), she has a day long headache the day after getting the shot, and for 3 days (including today- day 3), she has had ongoing dizzy spells.

I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with this?

Mother caffix.gif to DD born Jan 2008 and DS born Nov 2011. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 10-27-2008, 12:20 AM

Yes! My 85 year old aunt, exactly the same thing. EXACTLY!

Anyone else????
#3 of 10 Old 10-27-2008, 12:30 AM

Yep, dizzy for months STRAIGHT and still have off and on "spells" of it. I got the shot 3 years ago.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#4 of 10 Old 10-27-2008, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

I wonder what might be occurring the cause the dizziness...

I don't recall her mentioning it in the past. And I too used to get the shot and can't say I recall dizziness. I know that I'd feel a general sick feeling for days afterward.

I was thinking that it might just be related to her worrying about vaccines now that I'm "delaying" DD's! I hope not!

Yet wow, 3 years of dizziness post shot huh? Any co- curring symptoms?

Mother caffix.gif to DD born Jan 2008 and DS born Nov 2011. 

#5 of 10 Old 10-27-2008, 01:45 PM

Oh yes I had a string of neurological problems within a week of the shot. My MRI was normal, and the symptoms got less and less with time. However, there are still some symptoms that never went away or tend to recur so I went in for an EEG and some other tests today.

I know it was the flu shot because it started within that week, just BAM, I was neurologically not the same at all. They thought I had MS for the longest time. My guess is it did *something* to me, messed with my nerves or what not, that they can't put a definitive diagnosis on. Except anxiety, they always try to pin it on that...which it was NOT. I got the shot before I even thought about side effects or anything like that, so I was not worried about it, the symptoms just came. It took me about a year or so to even realize that it conincided with the shot and that was the problem. Because no doctor ever mentioned that of course.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#6 of 10 Old 10-27-2008, 02:31 PM

I have again reminded my mom (she is 86 now) that she is against vaccines and does not need a flu shot. She is in a nursing home and last year decided one day to call everyone to the office and tell them they are getting the shot. She says she didn't get it, but she complained of being dizzy for several days after the flu shot was dispensed so we are not so sure.

She was never vaccinated (except small pox) and there is no sense in her capitulating now to a practice she has always avoided.

I worry mostly about the aluminum in the shots. There are too many people with Alzheimer and we just don't know what the cause is.
#7 of 10 Old 10-27-2008, 09:01 PM

This article

Quote:
She suggested a study of attendance records at St Monica's High School in **********, where school governors have reported that a number of girls were either absent from school following their vaccination or had to be sent home suffering from dizziness, nausea, joint pain, headaches or high temperature.
Makes your moms symptoms sound like it does come from the flu vaccine.
#8 of 10 Old 10-27-2008, 11:12 PM

Yep I got them.....Got the shot a week ago and have had MAJOR dry mouth and Migraine Headaches aswell .............I cant imagine a little child or the elderly getting the shot...........

I have seen in the paper a few basketball players in high school have collapsed and passed away..........I dont know if it would be because of a flu shot but I imagine most teens in school get the flu shot.....I mean its pretty weird to me a health basketball playing kid with a physical would collapse while playing a game scary............
#9 of 10 Old 10-28-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
Yep I got them.....Got the shot a week ago and have had MAJOR dry mouth and Migraine Headaches aswell .............I cant imagine a little child or the elderly getting the shot...........

I have seen in the paper a few basketball players in high school have collapsed and passed away..........I dont know if it would be because of a flu shot but I imagine most teens in school get the flu shot.....I mean its pretty weird to me a health basketball playing kid with a physical would collapse while playing a game scary............
Died or passed out?
#10 of 10 Old 10-28-2008, 09:35 PM

He Died I will try and find a link just seems weird for a health teen.That I am sure had a physical to play bball just collapses.....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page