Nausea returning at 19-20 weeks? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-29-2008, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

I had HORRIBLE morning sickness from about 5 weeks until about 14-15 weeks. 24/7 nausea, intense vomiting (at one point 20+ times a day!) And I was basically house bound. It gradually went away, and from about 15-19 weeks I felt good, I had a huge appetite and was back to eating a full range of healthy food, and was able to start taking some of my supplements like my fish oil, probiotics, vitamin d, etc. I felt like I was back to giving my body the nutrition it needed and felt really good about my diet.

However, about 3 days ago I started feeling a low-grade nausea. I felt less hungry, and the nausea was worse after eating, after taking supplements, and at night. It had gradually become worse each day, though I am able to eat. Yesterday was Thanksgiving and I ate a lot of delicious food, even though I wasn't feeling 100% and afterwards was so ill I thought I must have food poisoning! But everyone else was fine. All day today I have been feeling very nauseous again, and even am starting to have that bad taste in my mouth that I had for 3 months during the worst of the morning sickness.

Is it possible for morning sickness to go completely away for a month then come back??? I'm pretty miserable.

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#2 of 7 Old 11-29-2008, 12:50 AM

It comes and goes for me, too. I think I may have had a stomach bug (they seem to be going around a lot) that set me off a few weeks ago. Also, if I get over tired or try to accomplish too much, I tend to get sick again. It was the same way in my last pregnancy, it was never really gone (and I was on a half dose of Diclectin throughout the pregnancy). Take care of yourself and hopefully it will pass soon.
#3 of 7 Old 11-29-2008, 01:34 AM

I'm just about 19 weeks (tomorrow), and I feel pretty crappy today. I was sick for the first four months -- though not as severely as you were. I have been feeling pretty good for the past two weeks, but today is bleh and nothing seems to help.

I hope it's not coming back...

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#4 of 7 Old 11-29-2008, 03:59 PM
jmo

I still get the occasional nauseous, crappy feelings some mornings and I'm almost 22 wks. It seems to happen more when I don't eat a good breakfast (no protein or not enoug food). It's no where near as bad as the first tri but still totally annoying. I was never like this w/ my first pg.

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
#5 of 7 Old 11-29-2008, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

I am also starting to get food aversions again! I had them really bad during the first trimester and now am getting that same aversion feeling towards certain foods, but not the same ones as in the first trimester!? Then I could eat meat without a terrible aversion to it but retched at the thought of veggies. Now I crave veggies but feel sick at the thought of meat.

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#6 of 7 Old 11-29-2008, 09:56 PM

I've been suffering from extreme m/s and while mine didn't go away it was greatly reduced until about a week or two ago. I don't know if its normal but its happening to me as well

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#7 of 7 Old 11-29-2008, 10:12 PM

Mine has been coming and going as well. Just a low grade nausea - especially if I don't eat regularly.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page