Mothering Forum banner

Spent the night in L&D

553 views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  BennyPai 
#1 ·
I had an interesting night last night. I ended up having to check into the hospital overnight to get Terbutaline injections to stop contractions. Luckily they were mostly non-productive. I had a bit of funneling, but my cervix is closed tight!

The babies and I are exhausted today. They didn't get any sleep last night either as the nurses came in every half hour to chase them down when they fell off the monitors. Of course, I didn't sleep at all. You would think they'd figure out how to make a comfortable hospital bed!

So I am officially on bedrest. Hopefully I can spend the next 10 weeks on bedrest and still have some big healthy babies. Send good thoughts to me to keep these babies in for a nice long time!

#7 ·
Oh how scary. I went through that with DS three times... but he held on and stayed put until 39 weeks! Bedrest can get annoying, but if you find lots of good books etc it is better. Sorry you have to go through this! Your little ones and you will be in my prayers.

#14 ·
Thanks for all the good thoughts and recommendations. I'm still having a few contractions but not many and the medicine they sent me home with is doing it's job, mostly. Just got to keep these babies tucked in tight for a while more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.