Special/Meaningful 'Bringing Baby Home' or 'Welcoming Baby' Items - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-23-2009, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who has a special outfit/blanket/or other item they will use when bringing baby home? Or, if homebirthing, will use as a welcome baby for the first outing or something like that?

I have a little pink and blue crocheted blanket that I was brought home in. I've brought my two oldest kids home in it and will pack it to take the new baby home with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2009, 10:12 PM

ill probably pick out a first diaper and maybe an outfit, although i sort of just assumed the baby would be wrapped in warm blankets (were having a homebirth). maybe ill shop for a cute first blanket, lol.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
Old 01-24-2009, 01:36 PM

I have a cute little onesie that my nephew was brought home in. So, we'll probably use that. Plus, I'm knitting a special blanket for baby.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:08 PM

I have a sweet little blue one piece outfit (complete w/ hat and booties, blanket) that DS was brought home in. I wanted to do something different for this one, but then thought it might be neat to do the same for this one. I might change my mind if I see something in a store that grabs me and doesn't cost an arm and a leg...

We didn't get a picture of DS in his coming home outift and I could kick myself for it. We had an unplanned c-section, so coming home was a painful experience for me and it was just DH (not a camera person) and I and little one, so no picture! But we'll get one this time! I hope I can finish my crocheted blanket in time...

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:35 AM

My Aunt made a really beautiful red blanket for baby. I'm not sure on the outfit. I think I'll wait until after the baby shower and see if someone gives us something really meaningful or special. Otherwise, I'll buy something special or pick something cool from what we already have.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.

User Tag List