Weekly Chat February 9-15 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 112 Old 02-12-2009, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Peony Too much for you to do.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#92 of 112 Old 02-12-2009, 11:05 PM

lilgreen, that is SUCH a beautiful picture!

Since this is my second birth, I don't feel as nervous about the sheer thought of pushing out a baby. But on the other hand, I am hoping for an easier recovery! DS had his hand up by his head, and recovering from stitches is NOT fun. I also had a post partum infection, which really sapped my energy and was really stressful for us just as we were getting used to baby and starting to relax and feel like things were back to normal. I think those are actually my main worries. I know that once we get closer, I'll worry about other things too, but for now thats about it...

... oh, yeah, and how I'm going to survive a 1 year old and an infant! That too!

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

#93 of 112 Old 02-12-2009, 11:54 PM

Oh...I just realized I'm 33 weeks today :

Actually not feeling too tired today either. Hmm...maybe it was the morning yoga?

#94 of 112 Old 02-13-2009, 12:29 AM

I love the photo, lilgreen!

Peony, I hope you can find some help for your trip. It sounds exhausting, even if you weren't pregnant.

As of this weekend, I'll have been either pregnant, breastfeeding or both for four years- wow! Valentines day was pretty special four years ago

I had a midwife appointment today, and everything is normal as usual. I'm pretty pro-active with my research and self-care, so my midwife appointments are just a little reporting of what I'm doing (had some heartburn, this is how I treated it; having some sciatica, this is what I'm doing). The midwife can see that I have things under control, I rarely have any questions, and the appointments end quickly.

Off to read bedtime stories (we're reading the secret garden right now)...

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#95 of 112 Old 02-13-2009, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post

Peony, I hope you can find some help for your trip. It sounds exhausting, even if you weren't pregnant.

As of this weekend, I'll have been either pregnant, breastfeeding or both for four years- wow! Valentines day was pretty special four years ago
woah

wife. dd1 : dd2
#96 of 112 Old 02-13-2009, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
peony. That sounds like rough. I wish I could help!

Quote:

Off to read bedtime stories (we're reading the secret garden right now)...
That's so neat that Valentine's Day has a super special meaning! You got me thinking, Mel... as of March 9, I'll have either been pregnant, bf'ding or both for 8 years. Egads! I guess that's what I get for extended bf'ding and spacing out my kids... but I've loved it all

I LOVE the secret garden! Maybe I can convince ds1 to let me read it to him. He's really into Captain Underpants right now, so I'm not too sure how likely he is to make such a dramatic shift, lol.

One of my transfer applications is in and I met with my soon to be old supervisor to tell her my new plans. She was very supportive, thankfully. I haven't even told my parents my new parents because I'm so scared of their reaction. I know how my mom feels about degrees in women's studies. I've been having anxiety dreams about it. I know she wants what's best for me, but somehow I must convince her that this is way better than a phd in history (it really is!).

I'm feeling kicks on my right side and a little up high, which is good since the baby was breech at my last appt. My next appt. is Monday. If I'm still measuring small and haven't grown, I'll get another u/s. Oh, and my little brother (I say little because he's 11 years younger than me - 21) and his partner got their due date pushed back to April 18th, which is the day before ours!! Yay! My kids call it the great baby race... who is going to have their baby first?? Everything is a race with them, lol.

Is there anybody else out there who hates eating? Eating is SUCH a chore for me these days. I hate it. Food is soooo unappetizing. I can't think of the last time I was excited to eat something. Blech.
#97 of 112 Old 02-13-2009, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgreen View Post
Is there anybody else out there who hates eating? Eating is SUCH a chore for me these days. I hate it. Food is soooo unappetizing. I can't think of the last time I was excited to eat something. Blech.
I haven't been a fan of food for several weeks now. very odd, I've never had this happen in my other pgs, but nothing sounds good and I'm rarely hungry. I make myself eat small amounts here and there but normally I eat everything in sight, pg or not so this feels very strange to me.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#98 of 112 Old 02-13-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgreen View Post
My kids call it the great baby race... who is going to have their baby first?? Everything is a race with them, lol.
hehe very cute

#99 of 112 Old 02-13-2009, 08:45 PM

I hate to eat also. I don't feel well when I don't eat or when I do eat and NOTHING sounds good except stuff that isn't good for me...chocolate and fried foods. And then my tummy hurts after anyway.

Baby is breech again. She has been most of the pregnancy. I'm only 30 weeks so they say she still has time to move but it is on my mind alot. We do chiropractic so I"m sure that will help when the time gets closer.

It is snowing like crazy today...I loved our last week Feb weather in the 50's I hate this snow...may get 10 inches. :
#100 of 112 Old 02-14-2009, 04:06 PM

I have the "take it or leave it" approach to food too! Yesterday, my work had cake for me and the other preggo girl who are leaving and I only had one small piece!! (if you knew me, youd know that is VERY alarming ) I know the baby is growing though, so Im not worried!!

I think I might be addicted to diaperswappers.com and to cloth diapers in general. My collection is rivaling Kates !!! There is just such a huge collection of cloth diapers now (8 years ago, I bought Kushies and pinned and prefolds, cause they were the only ones I could find, now I just want to try them all!!!

Today is the Amgen bike race in my town (Lance Armstrong is a few blocks away from me!!) and everyone is excited!!

Oh and remember that thread we had months ago about the strollers? There was one mommy that wanted a blue circle pattern one but her DH said it was too manly? Well, someone came into my work the other day with that same stroller and her daughter in it, and it definitely was NOT manly!!!! Just FYI, whatever mommy that was!!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#101 of 112 Old 02-14-2009, 09:21 PM

Going on a dinner date in my fat clothes. This sweater makes me look like a snowman.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#102 of 112 Old 02-15-2009, 02:08 AM

Did I say I got the ridiculously cute newborn AIO that I ordered? It's so small it makes me melty .

We went to PDX and got my MIL today for my shower tomorrow (she doesn't have a car). Her neighbor gave her 3 large black garbage bags full of baby clothes for us. We so don't need it, but I went through and picked out a bunch anyway. I figure, eh, whatever .

The show last night went until about 2 am and it was 2:30 before we got home. Then we had to get up and drive to PDX. DH slept in the back seat b/c he's got a cold. we had to cancel all the plans we'd made to visit friends in PDX. But, tomorrow is a baby shower day :. Believe it or not, there are still a few things we need. I don't know what, at this point.

I'm so tired. I don't know how I'm going to do our next (last) show on the 27th. It goes until 1 am and I barely made it through the last one.

Oh, but good news! I think I felt a whole foot poking out yesterday. It was like a one inch lump up by my ribs and then gone! If it hadn't been accompanied by a terribly painful cramp telling me to go home and go to bed (after 2 am show) it would have been more exciting.

#103 of 112 Old 02-15-2009, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
Going on a dinner date in my fat clothes. This sweater makes me look like a snowman.
I love snowmen . I'm sure you look great. I felt a little cowish last night on stage. Whatever.

#104 of 112 Old 02-15-2009, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I hate to laugh about the snowman comment. I have a sweater that is warm but I haven't been wearing because of the same problem.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#105 of 112 Old 02-15-2009, 03:35 PM

I survived, but I felt... really big. Oh well.
What made it worse was that the only winter coat that fits me is HUGE all the way around and it made me look three times as large. Meh. Dinner was nice.
I can't wait to get back to my normal clothing. I miss it.

#106 of 112 Old 02-15-2009, 07:57 PM

31 weeks today :

Bri: mom to K: and M: at 27 weeks and 33 weeks :
#107 of 112 Old 02-16-2009, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokimari View Post
31 weeks today :

Congrats!!!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#108 of 112 Old 02-16-2009, 12:04 AM

Yipee, momtokimari! Congrats on growing your baby one more week :

My breasts have had another "growth spurt". I had the same thing happen in my third trimester last time- my x-small shirts continued to fit my belly but my breasts burst out of them. Luckily this time I remembered and bought smalls instead. I went swimming this morning, and had to loosen my bikini top to the last notch, stuff my breasts in the cup, and still have a TON of cleavage. Must go bra shopping soon- if I lean forward to far my breasts pop out of the top of my current bra :LOL

I don't have any normal sweaters that fit, but I've been wearing cardigans with the bottom buttons undone. Same thing with my winter coat. Luckily my belly is insulated by the baby, and I hope the baby doesn't mind sticking out on a wintery day!

I hope you had a great shower, Kate!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#109 of 112 Old 02-16-2009, 12:37 AM

Just feeling crummy tonight. DH went back to work tonight as he has a ton of work, but I"m thankful for his job! Today was one of those days I felt like I had no breathing room...how in the world will this baby grow anymore in this belly? I feel stretched to the max! I think I have yet another yeast infection due to the sugar overload this week...though generally I can cure it in a few days with my natural regime, I hope! I'm still concerned alot about baby being breech though my brain knows she has time to move my emotions keep me focusing on it! I've had a yucky tummy the last few days, not sure what that is about but so far the peppermint oil on my feet have helped.

My older sister called me tonight..she is home from the hospital...I'm just so impressed she called me and was out of her bedroom and actually being with her kids. I think she really made progress at this hospital though she has a long ways to go to recover from her depression.

ETA: I am doing placenta encapluation this time...it is important to me for the benefits of preventing PPD since my that is what started my sister's downward spiral of depression 2 years ago. I had never heard of it until a few months ago.
#110 of 112 Old 02-16-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Congrats!!!!
Thanks.

Quote:
Yipee, momtokimari! Congrats on growing your baby one more week :

My breasts have had another "growth spurt". I had the same thing happen in my third trimester last time- my x-small shirts continued to fit my belly but my breasts burst out of them. Luckily this time I remembered and bought smalls instead. I went swimming this morning, and had to loosen my bikini top to the last notch, stuff my breasts in the cup, and still have a TON of cleavage. Must go bra shopping soon- if I lean forward to far my breasts pop out of the top of my current bra :LOL

I don't have any normal sweaters that fit, but I've been wearing cardigans with the bottom buttons undone. Same thing with my winter coat. Luckily my belly is insulated by the baby, and I hope the baby doesn't mind sticking out on a wintery day!

I hope you had a great shower, Kate!
And thank you. My breasts grew too. I didn't think they would since they only managed to shrink a little after my milk dried up with this pregnancy. This makes me wonder what will happen when my milk comes in this time. Up another cup size? It's kept me from buying any bras yet.

Bri: mom to K: and M: at 27 weeks and 33 weeks :
#111 of 112 Old 02-16-2009, 02:01 AM

momtokimari : One week at a time!!!

ShineliketheSon - so happy your sister is better...hope she continues to recover!

MelW - hehe none of those problems here....a mixture of relief and regret

The shower was fun. Good friends, good food and NO games. We did make tea in a Kelly Kettle...which is like the coolest thing ever. It's like a thermos of water with a hollow tube down the middle like a chimney that you light a fire in to boil water. It takes 10 times as long as a cup of tea on the stove, but sooo much more satisfying.

DH's mom was here and the more time I spend with that woman the more I realize that she is certifiable. She drives everyone around her crazy. I have rarely felt such boiling rage. I normally get along with everyone.

Oh well, we dropped her off at the bus station and I don't have to see her again until after the baby is born.

#112 of 112 Old 02-16-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
DH's mom was here and the more time I spend with that woman the more I realize that she is certifiable. She drives everyone around her crazy. I have rarely felt such boiling rage. I normally get along with everyone.

Oh well, we dropped her off at the bus station and I don't have to see her again until after the baby is born.
Hehe. Geographical challenges prevent me from seeing the ILs more than once or twice a year. Darn.

PS: Passed all anemia and glucose testing last week. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page