Stealing from March - you know you're 8 months pregnant... - Mothering Forums
1 2  3  ... Last
April 2009 > Stealing from March - you know you're 8 months pregnant...
mrsbass's Avatar mrsbass 07:57 PM 02-27-2009
This is a great idea and I thought we could all use a good laugh! I'm stealing the two I most identified with. Please add!

...if you feel you need a drumroll every time you turn over in bed (from Conchobhar)

...if you cross your legs every time you sneeze or cough b/c you'll wet your pants if you don't (and sometimes you do anyway!) (from Motherto4)

dawncayden's Avatar dawncayden 08:04 PM 02-27-2009
...if you don't get food stains on your shirt all day, its quite an accomplishment. :

...when you can fall asleep for a nap in a mere 2 seconds.
momma2be_k's Avatar momma2be_k 08:17 PM 02-27-2009
you eat breakfast....

twice.

:
ShineliketheSon's Avatar ShineliketheSon 08:34 PM 02-27-2009
...when your 4 year old, without being asked, comes over to help you get up off the floor since you seem to always have difficulty. (DD did this at playgroup today!)
michanders4's Avatar michanders4 09:32 PM 02-27-2009
Good idea!! I thought it was great when I saw it over there too!

... when you sit down after emptying your bladder and immediately feel as though you have to go again.

... you are starting to outgrow your maternity clothes.

... you squat down to pick something up and find it very hard to get back to standing alone.
IncaMama's Avatar IncaMama 09:50 PM 02-27-2009
...you can almost count your baby's toes as their feet "walk" across your abdomen (is there anything weirder???)
jennifercp8's Avatar jennifercp8 11:07 PM 02-27-2009
... you forget what your feet looked like

... toweling off, clipping your toenails, and sometimes going to the bathroom should be an Olympic event
dawncayden's Avatar dawncayden 11:19 PM 02-27-2009

TMI but...

...when your usually a trimmer of forestry areas, and now its an crazy jungle down there.
mrsbass's Avatar mrsbass 12:55 AM 02-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawncayden View Post

TMI but...

...when your usually a trimmer of forestry areas, and now its an crazy jungle down there.
I can totally relate! But I still make an occasional attempt and wince with every clip - afraid I'm going to cut myself!
mom2sol's Avatar mom2sol 01:43 AM 02-28-2009
How about when you dribble on your hand when you go to wipe after peeing....
riversong's Avatar riversong 01:53 AM 02-28-2009
...people you hardly know comment on how big you've gotten (a comment they'd better only make when you're pregnant!)
Fridaxsky's Avatar Fridaxsky 02:16 AM 02-28-2009
...when people ask you "When are you due?", then look at you in shock or disbelief when you give them a date that is almost 2 months away (happened TWICE this week, after someone else told me "You look like you're about to pop any day".

...when you eat 4 bites of something and feel completely full - for about 20 minutes until the baby moves again.
Fridaxsky's Avatar Fridaxsky 02:19 AM 02-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawncayden View Post

TMI but...

laughup

...when you can't even see down there to know what it looks like!:
smocklets's Avatar smocklets 04:56 AM 02-28-2009
when walking up the stairs takes your breathe away.
stiles' mummy's Avatar stiles' mummy 11:21 AM 02-28-2009
... When you have to 'remind' yourself NOT to waddle when walking down the hall of your office
smocklets's Avatar smocklets 12:54 PM 02-28-2009
When the sight of a baby makes your breasts hurt.
wobblykate's Avatar wobblykate 01:45 PM 02-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by smocklets View Post
When the sight of a baby makes your breasts hurt.
...when photographs of babies on the internet make your breasts hurt...

...when someone kicks you in the ribs and it's not a felony...

...when you almost start to cry because you NEED a milkshake so bad....

...when the alarm isn't going off until 8:30, but you get up an hour early because you're too hungry to sleep...

...when dogs start sniffing your boobs...
Lindsay1234's Avatar Lindsay1234 02:33 PM 02-28-2009
Haha!!! Great thread!

...When you need your partner to act like a forklift to haul you out of the bath tub.

...when you need to "take a breather" after putting one load of laundry in.

...when your family STOPS asking you if you need to go to the bathroom and just automatically stops in front of one and says "Mom!" if you didnt notice it when youre out and about.

...when youre perfectly comfortable using your belly as a shelf when you sit down!
michanders4's Avatar michanders4 04:56 PM 02-28-2009
...when you walk around Target for an hour and feel as though you have just run a marathon (seriously I just got back and my legs are so numb).

...to further the pee comment, when you are squatting to pee on a public toilet (yes I suprisingly still do this) and somehow manage to pee all over the place because it somehow ran off your belly.
Murph12334's Avatar Murph12334 05:06 PM 02-28-2009
when you beg others to pur your socks or shoes on you

when your husband finds it amusing to watch you get dressed

when you have to get your dh to tie the prgnancy shirts so you can lift your boobs into the right place (ok maybe only me since mine are so so big)

when your pregnancy shirts no longer cover the modesty panel on your pregnancy pants
momtokimari's Avatar momtokimari 05:54 PM 02-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
... you are starting to outgrow your maternity clothes.
Oh good. I thought that was just me! I feel like a house.

And Kate- LMAO @ you get kicked in the ribs and it's not a felony.
fairymom's Avatar fairymom 06:02 PM 02-28-2009
-when the puppy's chewing on your shoe and your encouraging her because you hope she'll actually pull it off for you...
holisticnp's Avatar holisticnp 06:51 PM 02-28-2009
....when you are getting sad for this pregnancy to be over and wish it wouldn't progress so quickly......because you've had 3 miscarriages before this pregnancy and know what a blessing it is just to be pregnant.... and will gladly accept any ache, pain, swollen body part, full bladder or inability to move with open arms just because you are so thrilled to be pregnant, and thanking God every day:
mrsbass's Avatar mrsbass 09:41 PM 02-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by holisticnp View Post
....when you are getting sad for this pregnancy to be over and wish it wouldn't progress so quickly......because you've had 3 miscarriages before this pregnancy and know what a blessing it is just to be pregnant.... and will gladly accept any ache, pain, swollen body part, full bladder or inability to move with open arms just because you are so thrilled to be pregnant, and thanking God every day:
We thank God with you! So glad to have you here and rejoicing with you as you wait for your little blessing to arrive! :
heamae's Avatar heamae 01:56 AM 03-01-2009
When you notice people in the hall staring at your belling, not your face!
mayakas's Avatar mayakas 02:27 AM 03-01-2009
When you walk into a car dealership and the salesman takes one look at your belly and his eyes pop out in the shape of dollar signs :
momtokimari's Avatar momtokimari 02:50 AM 03-01-2009
...when you do a double take every time you pass a mirror
dawncayden's Avatar dawncayden 02:59 AM 03-01-2009
...when you keep misjudging how you'll fit between thing A and thing B.

...when you are really irritated that people don't give you a seat on transit, its pretty obvious by now people!

...when your belly is seriously cold when you take a bath.
secondimpression's Avatar secondimpression 03:26 AM 03-01-2009
...when you listen to commercials on your car radio because you can't reach the dials anymore.

...when you ignore your untied shoes because your feet never come close enough together to trip thanks to the waddling.
smocklets's Avatar smocklets 03:54 AM 03-01-2009
when reading this thread makes you laugh so much that you are out of breath and sore, and now have to run to the bathroom.

But really rejoicing in being pregnant!!:
1 2  3  ... Last

Up