Weekly Chat: *March*1 - *March*7 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 155 Old 03-03-2009, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also had a licence expire but didnt realize it til the woman at BevMo showed me, in FEB. (it expired very beginning of Jan). I actually like how I look better preg so I didnt mind taking a pic (anything was better than the last pic). AND my dmv appt was fast and everyone was nice to me, it was the best dmv experience ever so I didnt have a scowl taking the pic.

wife. dd1 : dd2
#62 of 155 Old 03-03-2009, 02:47 PM

well, it's $26 to renew the license, but only $10 to change it! I do not like this picture...but I loved the last one...it was the first one after I had lost about 65 pounds, and it was very nice! so much so that the BMV lady cut out my 'fat' picture from my old license and gave it to me!

Anywho, I went to the doctor this morning, good grief I gained 4 pounds in 2 weeks, but considering I had only gained a pound the month before he didn't say anything, but sheesh, that makes my total 30. I still am measuring 2 weeks behind, but since I gained 2 weeks, he is ok with it. Says my painful BH are because this is the third baby..yee haw. Says there is an anesthesiologist at the hospital all of the time now, so that put my mind at ease a little about this VBAC. I remember waiting an hour for them for the CS. He also said that when I go back in 2 weeks, I will be on weekly appointments, and do the strep screening, and he will check my cervix starting at 37 weeks, if it seems ready, he wants to strip my membranes at 38 weeks, but only if my cervix is ready, because he wants to be proactive in getting this labor started without drugs to avoid a repeat CS. I am nervous now, could be only 4 weeks left, I am 34 weeks tomorrow!!! But excited too!!

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#63 of 155 Old 03-03-2009, 02:59 PM

My license still has my photo from age 17. >.<

And... squirmy hiccups.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#64 of 155 Old 03-03-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2be_k View Post
It stinks that his movement "upwards" is so sudden..... but I'm crossing my fingers that my baby (and everyone's baby!) will drop within the next week or so providing us all some much needed breathing room. (I'd rather be peeing more often than continuing to have a hard time breathing... FOR SURE).
Yes, I will say, my overall pelvic discomfort has been really bad for the past few weeks: extremem pressure on my pubic bone and bladder, excruciating SI-joint pain, and that oh-so-pleasant sensation of having a bowling ball between your legs! I'm not having any of that right now (even my SI-joint has been OK for the past few days, hallelujah!) but I really can't say which set of discomforts I'd rather have.

I don't if it's a baby growth spurt or just my body adjusting to having such a big baby in there, but I feel like I have doubled in size the past two days. I mean, HUGE. I seriously think I pulled a muscle in my back last night just rolling over.

Five more weeks, five more weeks. (Or seven. Please lord, not seven!)

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#65 of 155 Old 03-03-2009, 03:12 PM

I rolled over in bed Sunday night heard this aweful grinding pop crack and PAIN. Went to the chiro yesterday and he said he thinks I may have herniated a disk and sprained my sacrum. Best case is just the sacrum. We're not checking the disk because I'd need an MRI

So I'm in agony. I can't sit, I can barely stand so I can't work. I'm almost 35 weeks I really didn't need this now. And just to make it better the baby has gone from vertex down low into an unstable lie; transverse, breech, oblique my chiro did some work to try and get baby back vertex in addition to my back work

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#66 of 155 Old 03-03-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
I rolled over in bed Sunday night heard this aweful grinding pop crack and PAIN. Went to the chiro yesterday and he said he thinks I may have herniated a disk and sprained my sacrum. Best case is just the sacrum. We're not checking the disk because I'd need an MRI

So I'm in agony. I can't sit, I can barely stand so I can't work. I'm almost 35 weeks I really didn't need this now. And just to make it better the baby has gone from vertex down low into an unstable lie; transverse, breech, oblique my chiro did some work to try and get baby back vertex in addition to my back work
I'm so sorry. That sounds terrible. I hope that everything heals up before the baby comes and that the disk is NOT herniated. ugh.

I just returned my last few baby shower doubles and got my Maclaren umbrella stroller and some things off my registry! (10% off coupon from target) Yay!!::

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#67 of 155 Old 03-03-2009, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Azreial

Kate - you are off the hook with the motivation - please send some my way please!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#68 of 155 Old 03-03-2009, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:

Oh, no, Azreial! I cna't imagine! I'm so sorry this happened. I hope your chiro can help somewhat at least.
#69 of 155 Old 03-03-2009, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
That's what I keep saying, although both my boys were a week late so I'm not going to hold my breath.
#70 of 155 Old 03-03-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Azreial

Kate - you are off the hook with the motivation - please send some my way please!
Does it really take a lot of motivation to shop on someone else's nickle? I just finished my diaper stash purchases :. I may still make a couple more fitteds and some woolies, but it's not a priority. I just bought 6 bumgenius os and 2 pail liners and some flannel doublers (I know I could make them myself, but who knows if I'll have the time) and some Eucalan.

The only thing I will need to do is fine some pails to fit the liners and boom! Finished!

Now if only I could finish sorting through everything from the baby shower, washing and putting away whatever I'll need in the beginning, finish the curtains, make sheets for the mattress I made for the moses basket. Make something to line the moses basket and do my taxes.

I'm not getting a lot of work done and I only have two more weeks. Sigh. Better makes some calls and get some appointments set up!

#71 of 155 Old 03-03-2009, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I'm so sorry!

I'm having a bad day as well here. I feel so guilty that this pg is preventing me from being there for DD2. She has to have her 3rd x-ray in 5 weeks and of course I can't stay with her during it. She is only 2, and daddy doesn't quite cut it in cases like this. Last time I had to send her back alone because DH was out of town, it took two techs to hold her down long enough. I refuse to do that this time so I put off this one until tomorrow when DH can arrange to go with us.

The last two were for her broken clavicle, this one is a chest x-ray for a chronic cough. She has an extensive respiratory history, she was O2 dependent until 7 months of age, many, many respiratory illnesses in her short life. She has been coughing since early Jan and it's not getting better, So we are just ruling out any major problems. And to top it off she has a stomach bug as well so she isn't thrilled with the world to begin with. This should be fun.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#72 of 155 Old 03-03-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
Last time I had to send her back alone because DH was out of town, it took two techs to hold her down long enough. I refuse to do that this time so I put off this one until tomorrow when DH can arrange to go with us.

The last two were for her broken clavicle, this one is a chest x-ray for a chronic cough. She has an extensive respiratory history, she was O2 dependent until 7 months of age, many, many respiratory illnesses in her short life. She has been coughing since early Jan and it's not getting better, So we are just ruling out any major problems. And to top it off she has a stomach bug as well so she isn't thrilled with the world to begin with. This should be fun.
I'm so sorry. That must have been very hard to watch. Poor little girl .

#73 of 155 Old 03-03-2009, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
I'm having a bad day as well here. I feel so guilty that this pg is preventing me from being there for DD2. She has to have her 3rd x-ray in 5 weeks and of course I can't stay with her during it. She is only 2, and daddy doesn't quite cut it in cases like this. Last time I had to send her back alone because DH was out of town, it took two techs to hold her down long enough. I refuse to do that this time so I put off this one until tomorrow when DH can arrange to go with us.
Oh, your poor dd. I know how heartbreaking it is for them to get those xrays alone... ds1 had to have his chest xrayed when he was little and I couldn't go in with him either. They look so vulnerable and helpless on the big table Can you get her a gift or something special to give her for afterwards to help her forget about it? Big hugs and lots of kisses should help, too I hope he cough is not something serious, poor thing. I'm glad your dh will be there at least this time.
#74 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 02:22 AM

Peony - I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope that dh's presence makes a big difference for her. I can definitely relate to the feeling that being pg your not as "there" for your kids/family as you'd like to be or know you would be if you weren't pg. My only way of dealing with this guilt is by reminding myself - I'm almost there. That seems to help.

On that note, I thought I would give an update. I had my OB appt. today and shared my concerns about what the perinatologist said regarding that I could already have a defect in my uterus - and how I have been playing this statement over and over again. She said that after our last appt. and after reading his full report regarding the u/s she contacted him to talk to him in person and asked him if he felt that we should even let the pregnancy get to 38 weeks and he quickly told her he didn't think so. So she talked to me today about having an amnio at 37 weeks to test for lung maturity and then having the c-section that day or the next if the lungs are mature enough. She was uncertain how I would take it, but I agreed quickly. I just have this feeling. I am nervous about getting the baby out earlier than 38 weeks, but I'm more nervous about rupturing and losing baby, my uterus, or myself. So I am nervous, but happy that my OB is on the same page as I am. I am really concerned about this and I hate to feel like i'm just some crazy, nervous mother - ykwim? So, I am looking at a St. Patti's day baby or Mar. 18. We are going to be doing an ultrasound weekly to make sure my placenta is functioning properly and the baby is doing well until we deliver.

I'm sorry for being a rain cloud over here, but it is good news in my world. So please send some strong healthy baby, healthy lungs vibes my way.
#75 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herins View Post
This is totally my life lately!!! I kept trying to lock my cat in the basement by adding barricades to the baby gate, and he houdini'd it every night. Then I locked him in the kitchen one night and he peed all over a pile of bills. Now I'm back to listening to him wailing and scratching. What is up with the cats???
I'm so glad you mention that !! A few months ago, my husband decided the cats couldn't sleep with us anymore (they're "my cats", they came with me from Greece). They complained a little bit for a couple of days but got used to it pretty quickly. I'm home alone all day long so they know they'll be able to spend time with me if they want to. I could even let the door of the bedroom open, they wouldn't come in.

During my first trimester, they usually usually wouldn't leave me alone during the day. The one would stay with me all morning and the other one during the afternoon ( http://www.our-great-adventure.net/g...ies-belly2.jpg ) .

They were not so overprotective anymore during the second trimester but since the third began, they started acting like... babies Wanting to stay on my lap all day long ( http://www.our-great-adventure.net/g...309/category/3 ) and following me everywhere and... since a few days, they've totally forgotten they were not allowed in the bedroom anymore. When the door is open, they'll just jump on the bed without listening to me telling them to go out (that was usually enough... before...) and when it's closed, they'll keep crying until I go and see what's going on and they'll just slip inside

I wouldn't care but they come now and then with fleas inside and we've been able to keep them out of the bed so, well, I would prefer not to have fleas in there when the baby comes

Right now, I have a cat sleeping on my desk, ON my mousepad and another on my lap...
#76 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamccloud View Post
it is good news in my world. So please send some strong healthy baby, healthy lungs vibes my way.
Oh mama, I hope he's strong and healthy by 37 weeks! Good luck to you both!!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#77 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 10:31 AM

I've been having a simular thing happen w/our dog as w/your cats.And she's a puppy! She has to be w/in eyesiteof me at all times or next to me.She's a jsck russel so pretty small and any time I lay down she either curls up right next to my tummy or tries to lay on the belly! I think animals smell the difference in our hormones.

mamacloud- I'm sorry you're going thru this but at the same time how exciting to know you'll be seeing your lo soon- like two weeks even! Sending do well vibes your way.
#78 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 11:10 AM

My cats have no clue. My personal cat is neeeeeedy. But she always was. The other one is just a pain in the butt really belongs to my friend -- so, he leaves me alone for the most part. I think they are in for a rude awakening!

Extra strength to all those who have medical issues. I can't pretend to imagine the mental distress, among other things. But, I'm sure your babies will be fine, even if they're a little early. And, for that, I'm jealous. Early is my wish.

#79 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 11:10 AM

My dogs LOVE me when I'm pg. The bichon loves to lay draped across my belly when I'm on my side. Its funny because while she loves laying on or against my belly when I'm pg she does not like babies. The chihuahua on the other hand normally sleeps against my belly but once the baby is big enough to really fell he wants nothing to do with my belly, however he thinks babies are the best

Kate, if you have the purple sized bummi's bag a regualr kitchen trash bucket will work just fine. That's what we used, as a matter of fact our kitchen bucket got gross so when we stopped cd'ing the twins we took the diaper pail and made it our kitchen bucket I'm not sure if we're going to get a pail this time, we might just use the bag and see how that goes

I'm feeling so unprepared for this baby/birth. I was getting things together and once I hit 33-34 weeks everything stopped, dh too. I think its because the twins were born at 34 weeks 6 days and that was not fun We've both been talking a lot about their nicu stay and newborn period. Normally we don't talk about it, well in passing we don't ignore it, its just wasn't a pleasant time. It has to be the fact that I'm right about the same point in the pg as I was when they were born.
I figured I'd get moving in a week or so but now with my back being a wreck I can't do anything. I can't even take a proper bath. I am dirty and need to wash my hair and I need to wait until dh can bathe me like a baby

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#80 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 12:11 PM

This is my first time posting to the weekly chat, but I had to get in on the sensitive pets line of thought.

One of my dogs has always been sensitive (when I got my tattoo he sniffed and sniffed and worried and wanted to lick it... same with any other time I bleed a little). As my belly has gotten bigger, he's been extremely careful never to step on it when we snuggle. Now he usually rests with his head and one paw draped over my belly. Last week he got kicked in the head for the first time. It was hilarious! He gave me a very confused look, sniffed the belly all over, licked it twice, and put his head and his paw back.

and good vibes to those of you facing difficult decisions and extra stress.

Loving life with my amazing DH , luminous DD ( March 2009), and two crazy .
#81 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
this is me only i'm not due for 8 more weeks...so 6weeks please!

hugs to mamamccloud, azreial, peony

mine isn't that bad but i didn't sleep a wink last night...contractions...and now i'm sick with a bug...i'll be in bed all day and its 57 out today
#82 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 12:27 PM

I'm still here- and still contracting. I took Monday off work, by the end of the day yesterday was contracting more again. So I'll probably be going off work early. I'm finishing up some work and passing on a lot of the clients on my caseload.

It's a bit frustrating because I really don't mind the contractions, and don't expect to have the baby early. But based on how guilty I would feel if the baby was early and I didn't take it easy, I think I should start my leave early. I can't wait for full term when I feel I can be more active and not worry if it brings on contractions.

s to those who need them - it seems like there is a lot going on in our group right now!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#83 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxeyedkat View Post
As my belly has gotten bigger, he's been extremely careful never to step on it when we snuggle.
My cat basically slept on the side of my belly (I was laying on my side) during some fetal hiccups. She had no idea, nor did she do anything besides lay there and purr -- which she always does. I would think she might have some reaction or something, but ... nothing. Bringing it home is going to be quite inetersting. I'm not shutting her out, so I can't wait to see what happens. She won't be so oblivious then!

#84 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 01:12 PM

mamacloud - so glad your docs are communicating to keep you safe. : healthy delivery vibes to you!

Azreial - I got a draw string bag that's the same size as the bummis one, but was a second. They're pretty cheap for folks who are looking here. This website also has a great deal on haute pockets...I've never tried them, but they're fairly well-liked, I think, and $10 for a OS pocket is great!

I'm so sick of my fingers falling asleep!:

#85 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 01:39 PM

to everyone!!!

Kate- you always find the best websites!! Im ordering one of those pail bags!!

On the animal issue, when I was preg w dd1, we had 2 pit bulls (one ours, one our roommates, both safe and awesome dogs). My dh and roommate worked at night at a bar so Id be alone every night. One dog would sleep next to me (like down the length of my body) and the other would sit at the end of the bed, facing the door. They would switch off!! One day the male dog jumped top lick my face and scratched my stomach. I said "Shade! Watch the belly" and he started contorting his body in a way that would still reach my face, but not touch any other part of me! Hilarious!
When we finally had dd1, that was their baby and the first time the mw came over and held the baby she cried, well those dogs were up in her face in a FLASH! Wondering what the mw was doing to make the baby cry. They seriously puffed out their chests, covered the baby (who was on mw lap) with their body's and just stood there. It was so touching!
Now we have a cat that we rescued who is a lap cat and I think she likes all this excitement, I mean, she has a TON of super soft baby stuff to sleep on now and a mom who stays at home with her !!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#86 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 02:08 PM

Well, we've banished the cat from the bedroom, too. (but he still sleeps with our roommate, so he's not abandoned) Not just because of the baby, but because he had developed a habit of going outside and coating himself in mud and coming back in and laying down on my side of the bed to clean himself. Only my side. He's not allowed in baby's room b/c he gets cat hair on everything he lies on...a good lesson folks, just because a cat is short haired doesn't mean they'll shed less than a long hair! He's a lovely thing, though. A good boy. I think his first reaction to the baby will be to keep away. He likes older kids, but little kids are too unpredictable. It may be different once he gets used to this one, though. We'll see.

#87 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

mamamccloud - ... sending strong lung vibes to your baby!

I just discovered that walking home from my son's school only takes about 40mins (I used to run home through the trails or bike or bus, but I've never walked it for some reason). So, I've been enjoying that walk through the forest at a brisk pace instead of doing 30mins on the eliptical which bores the hell out of me. yay!

I had serious anxiety dreams last night but I'm not sure what I'm anxious about

Anyone taking fish oil capsules? I got the kind that aren't supposed to give you fishy burps, but they still do. Do you have any tricks to stop this from happening?
#88 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgreen View Post
Anyone taking fish oil capsules? I got the kind that aren't supposed to give you fishy burps, but they still do. Do you have any tricks to stop this from happening?
These are what I take, and I've had absolutely no problems. I take them before bed, I don't know if that helps.

ETA: My mom keeps hers in the freezer and says that helps, too. Haven't tried it.

Loving life with my amazing DH , luminous DD ( March 2009), and two crazy .
#89 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
mamamccloud - ... sending strong lung vibes to your baby!

I just discovered that walking home from my son's school only takes about 40mins (I used to run home through the trails or bike or bus, but I've never walked it for some reason). So, I've been enjoying that walk through the forest at a brisk pace instead of doing 30mins on the eliptical which bores the hell out of me. yay!

I had serious anxiety dreams last night but I'm not sure what I'm anxious about

It seems to help me if I don't take them with meals...less burping in general.

#90 of 155 Old 03-04-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I take Nordic Naturals DHA with strawberry essence.... never once had any kind of fishy burps.... the Prenatal DHA (which is identical in ingredients to the regular DHA just a different "flavor") has a lemon essence and never had a problem with those either.

I highly recommend this brand....

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page