Mothering Forum banner

Weekly Chat: *March*1 - *March*7

4K views 154 replies 32 participants last post by  ShineliketheSon 
#1 ·
Here we are in MARCH! omg! What's up with everyone?

#2 ·
Might as well start things off....

Ds2 has swimming lessons every Sunday morning and I have to go in with him. I'm really regretting that I signed him up these days. My bathing suit (a bikini) barely fits me anywhere - my boobs especially look like they're going flop out any second. Not so cool for a little kiddie swim class, lol.

Ds1 (7) woke up this morning when I crawled into their bed and the first thing he said to me was "I had a super happy dream last night! I dreamt that you had the baby and your placenta was the best placenta in the whole world. It got put in a museum and we became super rich!"

I really had to hold back my giggles when he was telling me. What a dream for a seven year old boy to have! lol.

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilgreen View Post
Ds1 (7) woke up this morning when I crawled into their bed and the first thing he said to me was "I had a super happy dream last night! I dreamt that you had the baby and your placenta was the best placenta in the whole world. It got put in a museum and we became super rich!"
haha... that's awesome. That's why I want to have kids.

my belly changed shape overnight. I don't know if the baby dropped, I haven't felt a lot of extra pressure, but it seems to be a little bit lower than it was before.

I freak out every once in a while worrying that I'll go into labor early. I know it wouldn't be really bad since I'm at 34 weeks, but I just want baby to stay in there for a little while longer. I don't think I'm ready yet.

#4 ·
Thirty-four weeks is reaaaaaally early; babes born at that age can still have a lot of problems. Keep 'em in as long as possible!

I'm just trying to get some organizational stuff done today, and I ordered my birth kit, so
: I'm ripping all of my Hypnobabies CDs to my mp3 player today also, which I've been needing to do for weeks now. I have so much more mental motivation, but (as the other thread said) having a hard time with the physical follow-through!

lilgreen, that was hilarious!

#5 ·
I think I could have seriously murdered my cat this morning
:

Ds woke up extra early but I had convinced him to go back to sleep...2 minutes later our %$#%^^ cat is picking at the door with her claws and meowing and of course I can't sleep through this and neither can ds

So I try to get dh to stay up with ds, but he's so sleepy and out of it, I just gave up. So now, all morning I've been so irritated with ds, and I think its just lack of sleep. I feel like such a horrible mom right now

wah!

#6 ·
lilgreen - youre kid sounds hilarious!!!
dawn -

Um, "Im due next month." We get to say that now!!!! Crazy!!!

Talked to the mw about the baby and heart problem, turns out that her partner hb a son with the EXACT same problem 22 years ago!! Because we live in a very urban area and the heart hospital is 1.6 miles away from us, she is STILL comfortable doing a hb if WE are!! Im not sure I AM comfortable with it, but it gives us a lot to think about. She wants us to tour the hospital, get the info on what our birth will entail there. What are the "standard and required" procedures. We know (cause we asked the heart doc) that either way the babe will be wisked away immediately
. But the good thing is that the mw said they will be there every step of the way!!! So grateful!

We went to a big ol comic convention yesterday (7 hrs of walking, phew!) and my dd had the BEST one liners all day! There was a woman in a cat woman costume, boobs practically falling out and I heard dd say (under her breath) "Jeez lady, put on a bra!"

My showers (having 3) start on March 28 so I feel like I have NOTHING ready. No carseat, stroller, etc. I have the bare minimum (diapers, bassinet, clothes) but thats about it!

:

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dawncayden View Post
I think I could have seriously murdered my cat this morning
:

Ds woke up extra early but I had convinced him to go back to sleep...2 minutes later our %$#%^^ cat is picking at the door with her claws and meowing and of course I can't sleep through this and neither can ds

This is totally my life lately!!! I kept trying to lock my cat in the basement by adding barricades to the baby gate, and he houdini'd it every night. Then I locked him in the kitchen one night and he peed all over a pile of bills. Now I'm back to listening to him wailing and scratching. What is up with the cats???

#10 ·
I had my ds4 at 34 wks and he was just fine, so I lo does come in the next week I won't be to scared.Not that I am advocating birth that early just I know he'll be fine.

I am more worried about this 2nd cold I've gotten this month- my water broke while I was coughing (w/ds4) no other preterm labor symptoms.So I worry about coughing and sneezing too hard! lol I know its silly.

I know I have about 6 wks left but would love to go in 4! Feeling really uncomfortable today!

#11 ·
I would love to go in four also, but I guess it's not up to us, hehe!!!!

I have had a great weekend!! I had family brunch this morning with family that I haven't seen in awhile and it was really nice. My cousin has a baby who was born last year in April so we tease about how I am one year later parallel pregnant to her!! Her baby is sooooooooo cute

#12 ·
First off.... I've never been pregnant in March before.
I'm 33 weeks today.

Secondly... My shower..... Ugh. Things started off horrible, but picked up and I guess ultimately I'm ok with it. I'm just really really mad at some people who were supposed to be my friends. I got a new gender neutral bouncer.
Now I need to figure out what to do with the nice pink one we had for Kimari.... It was $60 so I don't just want to toss it in the garage never to be seen again, kwim?

#13 ·
I've officially entered the stage of feeling like I need a forklift to roll over at night.
And if I hear one more comment of "when you are due again" while eying my belly, I won't be responsible for my actions.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by momtokimari View Post
First off.... I've never been pregnant in March before.
I'm 33 weeks today.

Secondly... My shower..... Ugh. Things started off horrible, but picked up and I guess ultimately I'm ok with it. I'm just really really mad at some people who were supposed to be my friends. I got a new gender neutral bouncer.
Now I need to figure out what to do with the nice pink one we had for Kimari.... It was $60 so I don't just want to toss it in the garage never to be seen again, kwim?
I have two bouncers...both hand-me-downs. One for upstairs, one for down. If I find it's too much, I'll ditch one.

Baby shower was lovely! Too many girl clothes, of course, but that's to be expected. I did get my mei tai and the best present ever from SIL - a freezer full of food all from scratch for post-partum!
:
:

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
I did get my mei tai and the best present ever from SIL - a freezer full of food all from scratch for post-partum!
:
:
WOW! That really is awesome! I'm lucky in that I have a big group of friends who all deliver meals to the post-partum family....but I'm not sure if I'll get as many offers as most of our friends do because I live about 30 minutes out of town. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though! Usually the friends cover the first two weeks or so post-partum, which is a huge help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peony
if I hear one more comment of "when you are due again" while eying my belly, I won't be responsible for my actions.
I was at the zoo last year and saw this pregnant woman wearing a shirt that had her due date, and "boy" printed across the front. I laughed and thought, "She's smart!" I, personally, just want one that says, "Don't ask."

#16 ·
I had three ladies, whom I vaguely know, stop me at the farmers' market on saturday to tell me "oh, honey, no WAY are you making it till april...".
ummmm ok.
Anyone else finding themselves listening to way more lady punani stories than they would ever have considered? It's kind of funny: I know all about various strangers' vajayjays now. what a a weird, secret aspect to the mom club. I actually appreciate the stories: nice to hear so many different experiences, but I never thought about cervical mucous as an extended topic of conversation before....

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
I've managed to avoid hearing stories and answering questions by limiting my exposure to humans. I attribute my sanity to it.
Yep, works for me.

I'm just gathering the last bits of things. Baby hats. Forgot I'd need those. Cloth baby wipes (got a WAHM to do them for me, $20 including shipping for 2 dozen!) and diaper doublers. Speaking of which, anyone have a good cloth baby wipe recipe on hand? It's been soooo long...

I think we finally have settled on a name. I think.

I'm so jealous of your full freezer, Kate! I'm writing down recipes like crazy and going shopping in two weeks for my weekend cooking marathon - gonna freeze it all for after the birth.

DH still has to line/pad the horse trough.

<---trying to wait patiently. Ha.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MI_Dawn View Post
Yep, works for me.

I'm just gathering the last bits of things. Baby hats. Forgot I'd need those. Cloth baby wipes (got a WAHM to do them for me, $20 including shipping for 2 dozen!) and diaper doublers. Speaking of which, anyone have a good cloth baby wipe recipe on hand? It's been soooo long...

Saw this link on a diapering board and it has a few good recipes!!

http://www.naturalbabyworld.com/home...aby-wipes.html

#20 ·
It is snowing like crazy here!! It's beautiful, but 10 yo dd has WAY too much undirected energy and it's driving me insane. Same with yesterday. She was in and out of our bed babbling at least 10x before dp and I finally dragged ourselves out of bed, she has been running wild blowing a recorder, playing the keyboard, watching movies, and stretching with an theraband all at the same time. All in 865 square feet. I don't know what we are going to do when babe comes, 4 people, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 865 square feet. I have given dp an ultimatum. By the time babe is 18 mo, there will be an addition on this house or we are moving.

Dp needs to find a job. He has been a self-employed carpenter for a few years and things were pretty good. But now with the economy the way it is, he has little work. He was home all week last week and is at home again today. We had to cancell our insurance at the start of the New year. We were refused for FAMIS which is medical insurance in my state for children and pregnant women who fall between - making too little to afford insurance, but too much to qualify for medicaid. I'm going to re-apply with more current income info than our 2007 taxes which we initially used, but what a pain! We have to come up with a 3 month profit and loss statement and start the whole process over again. 33 weeks and no insurance. My midwife only charges $2,500 for the whole package, but we were hoping it would be taken care of. Heaven forbid I transfer to the hospital for some reason...

What shall I do with my snowed-in day? Make dd do supplemental math worksheets?
Force dp to watch more birth movies?
I have already washed and organized baby clothes and diapers, finished the taxes, I don't want to clean...I'll figure something out. My shower isn't until the 21st. I need baby stuff to organize NOW!

Quote:
Anyone else finding themselves listening to way more lady punani stories than they would ever have considered? It's kind of funny: I know all about various strangers' vajayjays now. what a a weird, secret aspect to the mom club. I actually appreciate the stories: nice to hear so many different experiences, but I never thought about cervical mucous as an extended topic of conversation before....
: Punani! I can't tell you the last time I have heard that term. I hear a lot of punani talk as a doula and one of my closest friends is a midwife. I am also the oldest of 5 girls and we all have little girls. I guess it's my fate.

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
I have two bouncers...both hand-me-downs. One for upstairs, one for down. If I find it's too much, I'll ditch one.

Baby shower was lovely! Too many girl clothes, of course, but that's to be expected. I did get my mei tai and the best present ever from SIL - a freezer full of food all from scratch for post-partum!
:
:

I ended up with 3 bouncers!!!! Two hand me down and one brand new that we couldn't return (no receipt and it was "too much" to give us a store credit). One of the hand-me-downs is soft and cuddly and seems like it will be good for when he is first here and the other is a really fun rain forest one that we registered for anyway. The new one is a fun one too. I thought two was plenty, but maybe the soft one will go away when he gets bigger?? I don't know! We will figure it out.

#22 ·
Had my first shower this weekend. It was really nice and small (got LOTS of stuff!). Saw a lot of family and close friends.... it was really great!

My feet are swollen to the size of Shreks! turned up all of a sudden on friday night... and no amount of putting them up, drinking extra water or anything would make the swelling go down! The swelling only went down minimally after sleeping at night. Finally after driving myself home from Massachusetts to NJ (DH stayed at home to continue our ongoing renovations) and sleeping in my own bed they're back down quite a bit! But I'm keeping a close eye on them, it's hard to keep my feet up and not scurry around the house (did I mention I'm snowed in today - YAY!).

I'm having a hard time figuring out where I'm going to stash all the goodies from the shower in our house right now. We're emptying out the bedrooms so we can get new carpet installed this week, so free space is at a premium right now.

All I want to to do is wash baby clothes and start organizing everything! But I still have a couple weeks to go before I can start that. SIGH.

My pubic bone has been REALLY sore lately... but otherwise I'm feeling great!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by herbanmama View Post
It is snowing like crazy here!! It's beautiful, but 10 yo dd has WAY too much undirected energy and it's driving me insane. Same with yesterday. She was in and out of our bed babbling at least 10x before dp and I finally dragged ourselves out of bed, she has been running wild blowing a recorder, playing the keyboard, watching movies, and stretching with an theraband all at the same time. All in 865 square feet. I don't know what we are going to do when babe comes, 4 people, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 865 square feet. I have given dp an ultimatum. By the time babe is 18 mo, there will be an addition on this house or we are moving.

Dp needs to find a job. He has been a self-employed carpenter for a few years and things were pretty good. But now with the economy the way it is, he has little work. He was home all week last week and is at home again today. We had to cancell our insurance at the start of the New year. We were refused for FAMIS which is medical insurance in my state for children and pregnant women who fall between - making too little to afford insurance, but too much to qualify for medicaid. I'm going to re-apply with more current income info than our 2007 taxes which we initially used, but what a pain! We have to come up with a 3 month profit and loss statement and start the whole process over again. 33 weeks and no insurance. My midwife only charges $2,500 for the whole package, but we were hoping it would be taken care of. Heaven forbid I transfer to the hospital for some reason...

What shall I do with my snowed-in day? Make dd do supplemental math worksheets?
Force dp to watch more birth movies?
I have already washed and organized baby clothes and diapers, finished the taxes, I don't want to clean...I'll figure something out. My shower isn't until the 21st. I need baby stuff to organize NOW!

: Punani! I can't tell you the last time I have heard that term. I hear a lot of punani talk as a doula and one of my closest friends is a midwife. I am also the oldest of 5 girls and we all have little girls. I guess it's my fate.
Bake some cookies! (ooooo I may do that too..... or brownies!)

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Me too, Ive been actually sitting up, turning to the side, fixing my pillows THEN lying there waiting to go back to sleep. UGH
I have to use someone else's arm to lever myself into different positions... it's a subconscious task now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.