Mothering Forum banner

***Spotlight on BennyPai!***

441 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  wobblykate 
#1 ·
When are you due?

How have you been feeling so far?

Are you having any cravings or aversions?

Where did you grow up? Where do you live now?

Do you have siblings

#2 ·
Oops.
My sister was visiting for a few weeks and I missed my spotlight.

I had been looking forward to it, but felt like it was in March for some reason... I finally checked the sticky thread tonight. I hope it's okay that I reply now.
Don't want to take away from current spotlights - I'll just answer the opening questions:

I'm due April 19th.

I'm feeling great! I have the normal ache in the pelvis & back that comes with later pregnancy - normal for me, anyway. Other than that, no complaints.

I'm not craving anything in particular - just good, fresh fruits & lots of protein! I am having some trouble with water, though. For some reason it just makes me feel sick. Still, I force myself to drink as much as I can.

I grew up on the east coast, mostly. I went to 18 schools in MA, NC, VA, and ME. My family moved around because my father couldn't commit to any particular location/occupation. I've been living in NC with my husband for 10 years. We met in Maine, and we're finally moving back to Maine this summer.

I have six sisters. The first five of us were born between 1975 and 1985, and then my parents had two more in 1997 & 1999. Five of my sisters live in Maine and one lives in NH. I miss each of them every day.

#3 ·
I see the "counter" in your signature goes to 42/43 weeks- were your other kids post-dates?

Where do you fall in the birth order with your sisters?

How many children do you plan on having?

#6 ·
MelW - My first dd was born 8 days past my EDD.
My second dd was born over 2 weeks past my EDD. I had used black & blue cohosh tinctures and every non-invasive technique I could find, and finally went into labor after 2 courses of castor oil.
My dd's heart rate had been sporadic during that last week and we had started to worry. DD#2 tolerated labor well and was born healthy. I am hoping that we won't need to do anything to get labor started this time - especially castor oil!

My birth order: I was #3 - 1980, exactly in the middle until the last two girls were born in the late nineties.

This is my final pregnancy! DP and I both feel that 3 is the perfect number for our family.
I have to admit that this pregnancy has gone by too quickly for me, and I'm not quite ready to be heading toward the final stages this time, though.

Lindsay - Other than Mothering, which I subscribe to, I love the Dr. Sears Attachment Parenting book and children's books: What Baby Needs & Baby on the Way! Of course, most books recommended around this site are among my favorites. I am a fan of Birthing From Within.

Wobblykate: I finally got a sewing machine lesson last fall
So far, I've made a changing pad / activity mat for my neice who was born in November, aprons & pillows for my daughters for Christmas, and I am setting my sights toward what will hopefully be a simple project for our new baby: cloth wipes. Maybe a simple blanket.
I need to buy a new wrap as I passed my Maya wrap on to my sister two years ago. I'm hoping to find one that is more user-friendly. The only position that ever stayed in place for my daughters was the on the hip one when they were older. (That was GREAT, but not much help when I needed hands during early infancy.) $50 is my spending limit, so I won't have a lot of options.
I also need to increase my cloth diaper stash.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post
MelW - My first dd was born 8 days past my EDD.
My second dd was born over 2 weeks past my EDD. I had used black & blue cohosh tinctures and every non-invasive technique I could find, and finally went into labor after 2 courses of castor oil.
My dd's heart rate had been sporadic during that last week and we had started to worry. DD#2 tolerated labor well and was born healthy. I am hoping that we won't need to do anything to get labor started this time - especially castor oil!

My birth order: I was #3 - 1980, exactly in the middle until the last two girls were born in the late nineties.

This is my final pregnancy! DP and I both feel that 3 is the perfect number for our family.
I have to admit that this pregnancy has gone by too quickly for me, and I'm not quite ready to be heading toward the final stages this time, though.

Lindsay - Other than Mothering, which I subscribe to, I love the Dr. Sears Attachment Parenting book and children's books: What Baby Needs & Baby on the Way! Of course, most books recommended around this site are among my favorites. I am a fan of Birthing From Within.

Wobblykate: I finally got a sewing machine lesson last fall
So far, I've made a changing pad / activity mat for my neice who was born in November, aprons & pillows for my daughters for Christmas, and I am setting my sights toward what will hopefully be a simple project for our new baby: cloth wipes. Maybe a simple blanket.
I need to buy a new wrap as I passed my Maya wrap on to my sister two years ago. I'm hoping to find one that is more user-friendly. The only position that ever stayed in place for my daughters was the on the hip one when they were older. (That was GREAT, but not much help when I needed hands during early infancy.) $50 is my spending limit, so I won't have a lot of options.
I also need to increase my cloth diaper stash.
AWESOME!!! Sewing wipes was so fun and low-expectations can be nice...I mean it's for wiping poop, they don't have to be seen in public with it
. On the wrap front, I've been searching for a good infant wrap and this one was recommended in the 'crafty mama' thread http://www.mykarmababy.com/pages/BabySlingPattern.php. It looks pretty darn easy to make. I think I'll do it. I got some fabric for cheap at the thrift store and so the whole wrap is going to cost me like a $1 if it works out. I'll let you know how easy it is.

#9 ·
Quote:

Im on my way to the book store to pick up the Dr sears one, I havent read it yet!!

#10 ·
Quote:

That sling is adorable!! Maybe I'll give it a try

Alright, so I did one yesterday and it was SOO easy I totally recommend it. If you're not really experienced with bias tape, I have to recommend the polar fleece kind...it's more forgiving (and softer).

I'll post pics in the crafty mamas thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.