Hurting contractions last night after intercourse - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-03-2009, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why do you get contractions after sex? I was in pain for a few hours, going from my stomach/abdomen area to my lower back. I couldn't do anything, I had my job work to do and I was in too much pain. After I while I went in bed and was still having them, I guess I fell asleep after a while but then I had "painful dreams" where in my dreams someone slipped something in my food/drink so I can have them so they could have made money out of me not sure how).

Then I had to get up and go to the bathroom a thousand times, each time felt like a baby was coming down, not to mention we sleep on the floor so getting up was a hassle I ended up on the couch around 2:30am. Then I had a good sleep. Woke up and had a few more slight, not to bad contractions: I felt tired. I wonder now if I can even do a project during labor. (Never had a chance w/ DS labor as I went straight into active labor and it only lasted 2 hours, but I did use to have those "sex contractions" though).

Anybody else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 03-04-2009, 02:38 AM

Orgasms are contractions. Nipple stimulation releases oxytocin, which causes contractions. Semen has prostaglandins in it, which stimulate contractions.

It's a cruel joke of biology. I'm a horny pregnant woman who has massive contractions after sex. I can't wait until I'm full term, and can stop feeling guilty about the possibility of preterm labour :

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#3 of 7 Old 03-05-2009, 02:22 AM

I have alot too. My hormones are at a higher level as well. Sometimes I don't want to get involved, because I don't want the contrax. But eventually... Mine don't sound as strong as yours. I hope it gets better. Maybe there is a tea that you could drink, to help your muscles relax or something. I am new to teas, so I'm pretty impressed with them and think there is a tea for everything now.
#4 of 7 Old 03-05-2009, 02:44 PM

Yeah... most often they're just very hard Braxton Hicks for me, but one night I even had full on labor-like contractions. (Every 2 minutes for a couple hours, complete with pressure, etc.)

I found out that if DP massages my lower back when they start, usually the contractions will quickly taper off. You might give that a try.

Gallifreyan nerdfighter :, doting partner to the sasquatch , mama to the boss : (10/05) and the new little one (4/14/09). :: and hoping to :
#5 of 7 Old 03-05-2009, 04:31 PM

I haven't experienced this, at least not something that lingers... I do experience a very tight contraction in my uterus after "O" but I only notice that one.
#6 of 7 Old 03-05-2009, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasharna View Post

I found out that if DP massages my lower back when they start, usually the contractions will quickly taper off. You might give that a try.
We did try this but it didn't work.

I think the only thing that works is for me to just lie down and try to go to sleep.

Maybe I should just use these contractions as practicing in how to deal with them. I am not sure how often they where coming but I know I didn't have more than a 4/5 minute break.
#7 of 7 Old 03-05-2009, 11:41 PM

This happened to me last time we DTD! It scared me to death because they were coming every 3-5 minutes for several hours. They started out a little painful, kind of like gas pains, but that eventually tapered off to just normal BH tightening. I've been to afraid to do it again since then. That was two weeks ago and I've put myself on pelvic rest till 37 weeks just because I was too embarrassed to ask my midwife if sex was still safe for me! LOL Even if it is still perfectly safe I don't want to deal with that discomfort.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page