Do you have a feeling about your birth time? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I mean, do you feel you will go early or late?

This is one of the things that I'm most ... not anxious... but curious about! Even more so than whether it will be a girl or boy, I think! I've just felt from the beginning of this pg that the baby would come well before my due date (April 25). I'm kinda feeling first or second week of April. I guess this is because my first was 1.5 wks early, and my second was 2.5 wks early (and I was pretty shocked that time!)

My mom's first two babies were 2wks early, and the last was 3 wks. early.

I'm very sure of my dates. But both my midwives and my husband have commented that they won't be surprised if I go into labor at 36 weeks... this is because I had a chemical pg. the month before and they sort of have a doubt that I got pg. again when I say I did (I'm absolutely sure.)

The suspense is killing me though!
#2 of 22 Old 03-05-2009, 05:32 PM

I am due April 24th and I'm hoping I go 2 weeks early. DD was 2 weeks early so that's why I base this on though I know it's not gaurenteed. I was miserable the 2 weeks before DD birth and can't imagine making it the last two weeks. I really am banking on this 2 weeks early, I hope I'm not disappointed. I'll be praying and doing things to encourage labor as soon as that 2 week mark hits.
#3 of 22 Old 03-05-2009, 05:33 PM

I just have a 40 week feeling. Give or take a few days. This baby has been such a text book pregnancy, I don't think I'll be going early or too late. We'll see. DH keeps saying he thinks I'm going to go early, but there's been no real reason to think that. I hope not. I have a lot to do!

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#4 of 22 Old 03-05-2009, 06:35 PM

I was thinking I might go around my due date gave or take a few days. DS was 9 days late. I am gaining more w/ this baby also. At the end of my first pregnancy I gained 35/40lbs. Right now I am already at 40lbs, so hoping this one wouldn't be to far off the "EDD".
#5 of 22 Old 03-05-2009, 06:53 PM

i have a feeling i'll go early

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#6 of 22 Old 03-05-2009, 08:21 PM

I have a feeling (or maybe a fear?) that I will go early but I am hoping to go to my due date or beyond because of the amount of maternity time I have available to me. I have had a feeling we will go early though, I was thinking 37 or 38 weeks.

SAHM to one sweet little
#7 of 22 Old 03-05-2009, 08:31 PM

I don't really have a hunch at all. When I was having those contractions, it seemed likely the baby would come early. But things seem to have settled back down now. With DS1 I went into labor at 40 weeks on the dot. I'd like this one to come a wee bit earlier... so I figure he probably won't.

Gallifreyan nerdfighter :, doting partner to the sasquatch , mama to the boss : (10/05) and the new little one (4/14/09). :: and hoping to :
#8 of 22 Old 03-05-2009, 08:51 PM

I'm due April 15 but I feel like the birthday will be April 22.

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#9 of 22 Old 03-05-2009, 09:56 PM

I am thinking early. I have been all along, I thought at first it was because I was anxious about it...my trend is 5 days late then 8 days early, so I thinking the trend will continue with a little earlier babe this time. That was my feeling. But after what the doctor said this week, I am pretty sure babe will be here 1-2 weeks before due date at least.

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#10 of 22 Old 03-05-2009, 11:35 PM

I'm thinking early as well, but I'm hoping not as early as DS. If she comes as early as him I'll be having a baby in 4 days!! While I have everything ready just in case she does, I'm not emotionally ready for her to be here yet. Not to mention, I don't want to deal with any possible complications of another pre-term baby. I've had a feeling about 38 weeks, although I had that same feeling about DS, so who knows! I do know that my cervix is already changing (1 cm and 70%) and the baby has dropped a bit (-1 station). I wasn't even that effaced, nor was DS that low when labor began with him! lol I was 3 cms at my check a few days before he was born though so I think it's safe to say that she won't be here quite as early as him.
#11 of 22 Old 03-06-2009, 10:42 AM

March 28 keeps popping in my head, which would be 38weeks. DS#1 was 43weeks and dd was 42wks so I don't think its very likely MW says that my body will remember going at 34wks with the twins so this pg might not be as long as the others

Though I was due at the end of January with dd and I kept thinking February (she was born Feb 6), and end of May for DS#1, he was born at 1am June 1st so it might happen......

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#12 of 22 Old 03-06-2009, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
I just have a 40 week feeling. Give or take a few days. This baby has been such a text book pregnancy, I don't think I'll be going early or too late. We'll see. DH keeps saying he thinks I'm going to go early, but there's been no real reason to think that. I hope not. I have a lot to do!

This is what I feel. I just commented on the when are you due thread that I really hope to go a little early and that I'm starting to "fear" that I will go late. This pregnancy (knock on wood) has been a very textbook pregnancy as well and I am very sure of my dates. I think its all the talk of how big I am (and clearly I can see it for myself ) and how big the baby seems to be (I know its just a guess) gets me hoping he comes just a little bit early. Why is pregnancy based on 40 weeks - is that just on average when it ends when you are sure of someone's dates? I have to imagine its not a science though so who knows.

Also, I tried googling this to no avail, does anyone know what actually "triggers" labor? Is it hormones??

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#13 of 22 Old 03-06-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
This is what I feel. I just commented on the when are you due thread that I really hope to go a little early and that I'm starting to "fear" that I will go late. This pregnancy (knock on wood) has been a very textbook pregnancy as well and I am very sure of my dates. I think its all the talk of how big I am (and clearly I can see it for myself ) and how big the baby seems to be (I know its just a guess) gets me hoping he comes just a little bit early. Why is pregnancy based on 40 weeks - is that just on average when it ends when you are sure of someone's dates? I have to imagine its not a science though so who knows.

Also, I tried googling this to no avail, does anyone know what actually "triggers" labor? Is it hormones??
40 weeks is the average gestation for humans....37-42 is the 'healthy range.'

labor is triggered by baby...everything is hormones...not sure exactly how, but something must stimulate the production of oxytocin, which causes contractions. do you have a good pg book? it might be easier to look up in a book than to find the right phrase to google...kwim?

#14 of 22 Old 03-06-2009, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
40 weeks is the average gestation for humans....37-42 is the 'healthy range.'

labor is triggered by baby...everything is hormones...not sure exactly how, but something must stimulate the production of oxytocin, which causes contractions. do you have a good pg book? it might be easier to look up in a book than to find the right phrase to google...kwim?
Good call! I have some books, but I don't think any of them discuss that aspect of pregnancy. I will try to find one!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#15 of 22 Old 03-06-2009, 02:22 PM

I'm due the last of april so I have been focusing on may however I remembered all my kids were born at the end of the months in the 20s and 30s of the months. So if I follow that pattern I would have to go by my due date.
#16 of 22 Old 03-06-2009, 04:45 PM

I bet I'll go 41-42 weeks and I'm totally fine with that. I was induced at 41ish weeks (but was dialated to at least a 3) both other times because of dr.'s telling me it wasn't safe to go over 40 weeks and I was "pushing" it for them to "allow" me to go a week "overdue". This time, I'm planning a homebirth and NO inductions

Did I sound bitter against my induce happy doc?? LOL

Mama to DD 8 * DS 6 * DS 2
Expecting #4 Late Nov 2011
#17 of 22 Old 03-06-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
It's my understanding that the actual trigger of labor hasn't been discovered yet. My mom (an OB nurse) told me that one theory is that the baby lets off some kind of hormone when they're ready to be born, but obviously that theory doesn't fit all situations. There have been plenty of pre-term babies born that weren't fully developed but the reason the mother went into labor is unknown.
#18 of 22 Old 03-12-2009, 01:33 PM

I'm due april 4, but keep thinking March 28th for some reason, which will put me at 38 weeks. I'm currently 36 weeks 4 days and already 6 cm. dilated at 70% effaced.
#19 of 22 Old 03-12-2009, 02:19 PM

Wow! I don't think I was 6 cm until, like, an hour before DS was born. Hopefully that means you're ready for a quick and easy birthing.

Gallifreyan nerdfighter :, doting partner to the sasquatch , mama to the boss : (10/05) and the new little one (4/14/09). :: and hoping to :
#20 of 22 Old 03-12-2009, 04:06 PM

The closer I get the more I think labor starting friday night 4/3 and baby born on 4/4....just a guess. My mws said that most of the babys born at the bc are born on a weekend, strangely....when no one else is there. Convenient, huh?

#21 of 22 Old 03-12-2009, 05:23 PM

I really have no clue. I want baby to be born on 4-20 because that's my granmother's birth day. Due date is 4-21. I guess I hope I don't go late cause I'm getting quite uncomfortable already. I keep telling baby, anytime after March 31st is okay. That would be 37 weeks for me.
#22 of 22 Old 03-12-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
The closer I get the more I think labor starting friday night 4/3 and baby born on 4/4....just a guess. My mws said that most of the babys born at the bc are born on a weekend, strangely....when no one else is there. Convenient, huh?
April 3 is my date. Not my due date - that's the 8th - but the date I have stuck in my head as "the day." I don't care if he's born on the 3rd or 4th, but I'd like it to be that weekend. For a myriad of reasons - like DH gets no time off, so that's a Friday and we'd have the whole weekend. Like the kids have the whole next week off for Spring Break. Like Easter is a whole week away, then, and gives me time to recover before the holiday stuff, but enough time that I'll feel okay taking baby out to show him off. Like it's APRIL, and I'd really like an April and not a March baby. (Of course, he'll come on March 31st or something, just like my last stubborn son, who had to be born July 31 when he was due August 5!)

The odds are, though, it will probably be early or on-time-ish rather than late. I've never gone late yet. Still, they say fifth babies are weird... I guess we'll have to see!?

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page