Planned hospital birther's thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 102 Old 03-24-2009, 11:56 AM
 
michanders4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
I finished my rice bags last night...I bought way to much rice...so will donate it to our church pantry as I'll never use it! My DH made a good point not to fill it tooo full as it'll take forever to heat up.

Still packing my bag: I bought slippers, hard candy, mama bottom spray, small bottles for my tea tree oil hand lotion and body wash, hair clips, etc...

I also got a folder and put the birth plan, labor help sheets from our Bradley class last time, and a sign for the door for visitors.

I"m not sure everything will fit in my bag, but DH will have a small bag so I'll put my robe in it to save space.

I'm really getting excited! I imagine myself going through the labor/delievery all the time. I have another midwife appt Thurs and then next Fri I do the GBS test...praying for a neg result this time!

For some strange reason I've been worrying about sleeping in the hospital room with baby there...like someone could come take baby while DH and I are sleeping. Now I'm a very very light sleeper and I didn't even have this concern with DD in the hospital so not sure what my worry is about?
I'm sure your worry is just stemming from pregnancy anxiety. I don't know about your hospital, but my hospital literally puts an alarm on the baby and if the baby goes anywhere near a door it goes off. Also, DH was in the military and is very aware of what goes on around him at night, especially in a strage place. I can't imagine being in too deep of a sleep while sleeping on a cot.

Our bags are all packed and in the car already!! You are reminding me of some last minute things I need to get though - thanks! I want to make a rice sock and I need hard candy and some gatorade or juice boxes or bottles.

What is the Mama bottom spray? I can imagine what it is, but have never heard of it?

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
michanders4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#62 of 102 Old 03-24-2009, 12:29 PM
 
heatherweh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
For some strange reason I've been worrying about sleeping in the hospital room with baby there...like someone could come take baby while DH and I are sleeping. Now I'm a very very light sleeper and I didn't even have this concern with DD in the hospital so not sure what my worry is about?
I have my GBS test today- wish me luck!

I was so exhausted and out of it after giving birth that I didn't even notice comings and goings. The baby kept crying (he hated that plastic bin) and a nurse brought him over to me and told me to just sleep with him in the hospital bed with me and put the rail up. We slept well then, snuggled up together, anyway when I woke up the OB was standing above our bed- creepy- we hadn't heard him come in and DH was still sound asleep on that awful fold-out chair thing. The OB was taking my son away to do the circ! Like he was just going to do it without telling us! Ahhhh! Luckily this time no circ so no such issues or reason baby should leave us, but I do understand your concerns, it seems implausible, but labor and delivery and nursing can really take it out of you!

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
heatherweh is offline  
#63 of 102 Old 03-24-2009, 12:36 PM
 
michanders4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherweh View Post
I have my GBS test today- wish me luck!
Good luck!!!!

I passed my GBS test, I forgot to mention that! One less thing to worry about.

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
michanders4 is offline  
#64 of 102 Old 03-24-2009, 12:41 PM
 
ShineliketheSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
I'm sure your worry is just stemming from pregnancy anxiety. I don't know about your hospital, but my hospital literally puts an alarm on the baby and if the baby goes anywhere near a door it goes off. Also, DH was in the military and is very aware of what goes on around him at night, especially in a strage place. I can't imagine being in too deep of a sleep while sleeping on a cot.

Our bags are all packed and in the car already!! You are reminding me of some last minute things I need to get though - thanks! I want to make a rice sock and I need hard candy and some gatorade or juice boxes or bottles.

What is the Mama bottom spray? I can imagine what it is, but have never heard of it?
I did add gatorade rain in my bag too! Mama bottom spray is a natural mix of herbs to use on your bottom after birth instead of the antiseptic stuff the hospital gives you. Thought I'd give it a try this time.

Even when tired I am always a light sleeper, so I'm sure it's just normal pregnancy anxiety as well. I might sleep with baby though if need as Heather did. Though I would be totatlly shocked if I didn't hear someone coming in...sometimes light sleeping is a curse and sometimes a blessing!

Congrats on the results Michanders4!!! ANd Good luck Heather!!!!
ShineliketheSon is offline  
#65 of 102 Old 03-24-2009, 09:08 PM
 
HotJabanero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherweh View Post
I have my GBS test today- wish me luck!

I was so exhausted and out of it after giving birth that I didn't even notice comings and goings. The baby kept crying (he hated that plastic bin) and a nurse brought him over to me and told me to just sleep with him in the hospital bed with me and put the rail up. We slept well then, snuggled up together, anyway when I woke up the OB was standing above our bed- creepy- we hadn't heard him come in and DH was still sound asleep on that awful fold-out chair thing. The OB was taking my son away to do the circ! Like he was just going to do it without telling us! Ahhhh! Luckily this time no circ so no such issues or reason baby should leave us, but I do understand your concerns, it seems implausible, but labor and delivery and nursing can really take it out of you!
Good luck and that is a scary story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
I passed my GBS test, I forgot to mention that! One less thing to worry about.
That is great and must be a big relief. Mine is next week and although I've never tested pos I am still nervous.
HotJabanero is offline  
#66 of 102 Old 03-25-2009, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter
 
Murph12334's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
was tested today, was neg last time and am afraid either of being postive or i'll go into labor before results and they'll treat like positive.

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

Murph12334 is offline  
#67 of 102 Old 03-25-2009, 10:41 AM
 
lj2blessed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bham, AL
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ladies - are y'all having VEs at your appointments (those in the home stretch)?

I'm 38w5d, and I haven't had my cervix checked since 35w when they did my GBS swab. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm dilated any yet, but I honestly don't know because he hasn't checked me. Week 36 he said he'd check next time, week 37 he was on vacation so the other doc didn't bother to check me, yesterday I only saw the nurse because he was in an emergency c-section...

Not that I want his hands in my crotch every appt, just wondering if others are getting checked and I'm not
lj2blessed is offline  
#68 of 102 Old 03-25-2009, 10:44 AM
 
michanders4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj2blessed View Post
Hey ladies - are y'all having VEs at your appointments (those in the home stretch)?

I'm 38w5d, and I haven't had my cervix checked since 35w when they did my GBS swab. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm dilated any yet, but I honestly don't know because he hasn't checked me. Week 36 he said he'd check next time, week 37 he was on vacation so the other doc didn't bother to check me, yesterday I only saw the nurse because he was in an emergency c-section...

Not that I want his hands in my crotch every appt, just wondering if others are getting checked and I'm not
We have been discussing this in the "to check or not to check" thread. Most OBs routinely check and I am curious as to why? I don't mind it since I like to hear what's going on (or what's NOT going on as every week she says "nothing's happening"), but I know it definitley does not mean much. Anyway, I've been checked since my 36 week appointment.

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
michanders4 is offline  
#69 of 102 Old 03-25-2009, 11:55 AM
 
ShineliketheSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
We have been discussing this in the "to check or not to check" thread. Most OBs routinely check and I am curious as to why? I don't mind it since I like to hear what's going on (or what's NOT going on as every week she says "nothing's happening"), but I know it definitley does not mean much. Anyway, I've been checked since my 36 week appointment.
I have my 36 appt tomorrow...I wasn't going to ask but with my history of yeast I'm going to have her check me for that and also check my cervix so I know I can continue to use my TTO suppos and use garlic to prevent GBS pos depending on dialation.
ShineliketheSon is offline  
#70 of 102 Old 03-30-2009, 01:46 PM
 
ShineliketheSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I was checked, soft cervix but not dialated, and start of yeast infection. I was so impressed with this midwive, I've seen her twice now, that she said just do what you do to cure the yeast. So I did my tea tree oil, probiotics, cut sugar and it appears to be gone. Now hopefully DTD last night doesn't bring it back up again!

I wanted to encourage those first time hospital birthers that natural childbirth in hospital is possible. We hear alot on this site from the HB mammas and quite a few of them choose HB due to bad hospital birth experiences. I am sad for these mamas who experienced this... But I have had a great natrual hospital birth, no intervention, no pain medication, with my midwives and doula. And I will be having another this time. Being armed with a great birth team, knowledge and the ability to speak up when necessary natural birth experience can happen in hospital! Be confident in your choices. And relaxed in your preparation for baby...it doesn't matter where your baby is birthed as long as you get to have the birth you are wanting. And if things were to be out of your hands, due to emergency, the only thing that matters is a healthy baby in the end!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
ShineliketheSon is offline  
#71 of 102 Old 03-30-2009, 01:53 PM
 
Lindsay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys! Im switching over from a home to a hospital birth and now Im racing to get ready!! Theres lots of stuff I didnt realize I would need to bring and plan for but after making tons of lists, well be ready! (hopefully)

Its going to take me a min to read through all the posts but I know itll give me a lot of insight as to what to expect (my last was a homebirth)

:

wife. dd1 : dd2
Lindsay1234 is offline  
#72 of 102 Old 03-30-2009, 02:18 PM
 
goodmomma76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Around the corner, eh cornfield
Posts: 747
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How are you guys handling the stuff you can't pack?? Like the stuff you use every day? I have the baby stuff all ready. And my clothes and stuff, and I bought a travel deodorant and toothbrush, so even if I forgot everything else I would remember that. But my shampoo and contact stuff, I am afraid I will get into the labor and completely forget. I guess someone can go get it for me, but we're 35 minutes from the hospital. I know, I'll send my mother to walmart just up the road.

Are you feeling like you're forgetting something? I am. I don't know what. I think I have it all ready. And I am GROUCHY GROUCHY at people (ie kids, dh) who are making messes in my clean and ready home. I am trying not to be, but it doesn't always work...

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
goodmomma76 is offline  
#73 of 102 Old 03-30-2009, 02:20 PM
 
michanders4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought travel size everything so everything is in the car and packed already. The only thing I will need to try to remember (and I will probably forget and send my Mom for) is my glasses. I wear contacts but imagine I'll enjoy the break from time to time and want my glasses on.

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
michanders4 is offline  
#74 of 102 Old 03-30-2009, 02:28 PM
 
wobblykate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Willamette Valley, OR
Posts: 3,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmomma76 View Post
How are you guys handling the stuff you can't pack?? Like the stuff you use every day? I have the baby stuff all ready. And my clothes and stuff, and I bought a travel deodorant and toothbrush, so even if I forgot everything else I would remember that. But my shampoo and contact stuff, I am afraid I will get into the labor and completely forget. I guess someone can go get it for me, but we're 35 minutes from the hospital. I know, I'll send my mother to walmart just up the road.

Are you feeling like you're forgetting something? I am. I don't know what. I think I have it all ready. And I am GROUCHY GROUCHY at people (ie kids, dh) who are making messes in my clean and ready home. I am trying not to be, but it doesn't always work...
I'm going to a bc, so we're packing, too. I wrote a very clear note for myself or DH to follow on what needs to go in the bag last minute. and placed it on top of the bag. It says things like

YOU SHOULD HAVE 3 BAGS
-1 BABY
-1 MOMMY
-1 DADDY

+CARSEAT AND FOOD!!!

ADD TO BAGS AT LAST MINUTE--
-DEODORANT
-CELL PHONE CHARGERS

etc...

Hopefully clear enough even for DH!

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
wobblykate is offline  
#75 of 102 Old 03-30-2009, 02:33 PM
 
michanders4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
I'm going to a bc, so we're packing, too. I wrote a very clear note for myself or DH to follow on what needs to go in the bag last minute. and placed it on top of the bag. It says things like

YOU SHOULD HAVE 3 BAGS
-1 BABY
-1 MOMMY
-1 DADDY

+CARSEAT AND FOOD!!!

ADD TO BAGS AT LAST MINUTE--
-DEODORANT
-CELL PHONE CHARGERS

etc...

Hopefully clear enough even for DH!

Oooh Cell phone charges!!!! How could I have almost forgotten? Good call. That's one thing that will need to be added at the end too!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
michanders4 is offline  
#76 of 102 Old 03-30-2009, 02:48 PM
 
ShineliketheSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
I'm going to a bc, so we're packing, too. I wrote a very clear note for myself or DH to follow on what needs to go in the bag last minute. and placed it on top of the bag. It says things like

YOU SHOULD HAVE 3 BAGS
-1 BABY
-1 MOMMY
-1 DADDY

+CARSEAT AND FOOD!!!

ADD TO BAGS AT LAST MINUTE--
-DEODORANT
-CELL PHONE CHARGERS

etc...

Hopefully clear enough even for DH!
Good idea to have a detailed list for DH for the last minute stuff...I need to do that!
ShineliketheSon is offline  
#77 of 102 Old 03-30-2009, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter
 
Murph12334's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my bag and dd's toy bag (3yr old) is packed in the car. Base is in each car and carseat in my car. I have a oivernight bag packed for dd, in case she has to go to neighbors.
I'm putting dh's bag with mine. Whenever I go the bag's all go with me. So if we go in dh's car all bags need to be switched, hence we take my car now for everything.

If I go into labor while out, there isn't enough time to come home and get anything. So one more bag will be packed that has to come with me in and out of the house now. It'll contain my hypnobabies stuff, cell chargers and some other stuff that escapes my mind at the moment

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

Murph12334 is offline  
#78 of 102 Old 03-30-2009, 04:38 PM
 
Maxine45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post

If I go into labor while out, there isn't enough time to come home and get anything.
oye oye oye, something I didn't even think about!
Maxine45 is offline  
#79 of 102 Old 03-30-2009, 05:01 PM
 
ShineliketheSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shoot...I"m GBS+. I figured I would be due to being + for dd, but I was hoping all the naturl things I've done for my system would have helped. I seriously think that the antibiotics I got at last birth is what caused my horrid cycle with yeast...well at least now I know how to deal with it naturally.
ShineliketheSon is offline  
#80 of 102 Old 04-10-2009, 03:51 PM
 
HotJabanero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone just checking to see how many of us are left and how the hospital births are going.

I just had a prenatal today and we went over all the stuff I've had concerns about and I am very comforted. We should only have to monitor 10-20 minutes before I get in the tub and no problem on the exemptions (huge relief) and we should leave within 6 hours provided all are doing well and healthy. Oh and the biggie I am GBS- that had been pressing on my mind for some time and is a big big big relief. She is estimating the baby to be arond 7 lbs give or take a few oz's. So all in all I am feeling better about having to use a hospital this time around.

Happy healthy labor vibes to all I will probably be around here until the end.
HotJabanero is offline  
#81 of 102 Old 04-10-2009, 04:21 PM
 
heatherweh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Hottie- thanks for bringing back this thread! I was wondering where it went. I was also GBS negative- hooray! The hospital I'm going to pretty much just does continuous monitoring, so that is the bad, but the good is that they have those monitors you can walk around with and even wear into the shower and bath. My OB said she isn't sure if they're going to allow us to have the baby checked out on my abdomen versus in the bin under that warming lights, but even in that case it'll be right there in the room right next to us so we can see everything (the warmer thing is on wheels). The facilities are super-nice and my OB is excellent, so I feel good about that although still anxious about another hospital stay and having to potentially fight for my right to labor naturally.

I started worrying about baby last night; this one will probably also have some ABO blood incompatibility leading to jaundice that just won't quit. Our pediatrician is going to work with us to see that baby comes home in a timely manner though by ordering the in-home bili blanket and whatnot instead of recommending hospitalization. i'm worried that since I'm at a different hospital now I might end up with some d-hole ped that won't work with us. I guess we just have to hope for the best where that's concerned.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
heatherweh is offline  
#82 of 102 Old 04-10-2009, 04:52 PM
 
Sasharna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 845
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of you seeing an OB, I just wanted to remind you that there are still doctors who will perform a stripping of the membranes without asking your permission. This happened to me at my appointment on Tuesday. It wasn't too big of a deal to me because I had intended to ask him to do so anyhow, but I do feel that it was a big violation of my rights as a patient that he performed the stripping before asking.

It makes me a bit more concerned about laboring in the hospital here, too... I wish my OB had showed his mindset earlier in the pregnancy. I don't feel comfortable switching providers at nearly 39 weeks. If I get a whiteboard in my room, I am going to write on it that I want to be asked for my verbal consent before every procedure done on me or my baby.

Gallifreyan nerdfighter :, doting partner to the sasquatch , mama to the boss : (10/05) and the new little one (4/14/09). :: and hoping to :
Sasharna is offline  
#83 of 102 Old 04-10-2009, 05:07 PM
 
FischK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still here, still waiting. I'm still comfortable with the hospital I've chosen, but I'm a little worried about the pediatricians who work there. They basically assume we're going to send our son to them, but we won't. I also anticipate a minor problem about refusing HepB-shot, but since it is my right to do so, I'll fight it out.

I found out the other week that the hospital also offers birthing chairs, and since I am determined to avoid the bed (and the hospital does not do tubs), I've chosen to try that out. Will be easier than squatting I hope.

Btw, I'm also GBS-. So, all set. Now labor can begin.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

FischK is offline  
#84 of 102 Old 04-10-2009, 05:51 PM
 
Lindsay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FischK View Post
Still here, still waiting. I'm still comfortable with the hospital I've chosen, but I'm a little worried about the pediatricians who work there. They basically assume we're going to send our son to them, but we won't. I also anticipate a minor problem about refusing HepB-shot, but since it is my right to do so, I'll fight it out.

I found out the other week that the hospital also offers birthing chairs, and since I am determined to avoid the bed (and the hospital does not do tubs), I've chosen to try that out. Will be easier than squatting I hope.

Btw, I'm also GBS-. So, all set. Now labor can begin.
Hey, Im refusing the shot too but Im saying "Im going to talk wait and talk to her pediatrician about it" so it sounds like Im gonna vax but just not now!

wife. dd1 : dd2
Lindsay1234 is offline  
#85 of 102 Old 04-10-2009, 06:23 PM
 
FischK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Hey, Im refusing the shot too but Im saying "Im going to talk wait and talk to her pediatrician about it" so it sounds like Im gonna vax but just not now!
Oh, awesome. Can I borrow that answer?

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

FischK is offline  
#86 of 102 Old 04-13-2009, 12:03 PM
 
ShineliketheSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Come on baby let's get this going!!! I'm actually looking forward to my mini vacation in the hospital! with DD last time it was nice to have all the meals brought to us and just sit around and hold/nurse baby and watch TV. This time DH is looking forward to watching adult shows as DD will be with Grandma. And with DD wanting us to play with her all day loooong latly it'll be a nice break there too, Grandma will wear her out with play!!!!

ETA I'm really comfortable with the midwives and hospital at this point. I'm GBS+ and have accepted it, thankfully they do the hep lock and I still plan to labor at home for a while. They do the first 20 min of monitering and then only check with doppler off and on. Baby will room in with us the entire time! Never leave our site! And I have everything laid out in my birth plan that all midwives and doula have okayed.

I have my bag and DD's bag packed and put it in the car every time we leave our suburb. DH has his list for last minute things. The video camera and regular camera are all ready! So feeling really really good about this!!! Just want it to come soon.
ShineliketheSon is offline  
#87 of 102 Old 04-15-2009, 11:51 AM
 
HotJabanero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherweh View Post
I started worrying about baby last night; this one will probably also have some ABO blood incompatibility leading to jaundice that just won't quit. Our pediatrician is going to work with us to see that baby comes home in a timely manner though by ordering the in-home bili blanket and whatnot instead of recommending hospitalization. i'm worried that since I'm at a different hospital now I might end up with some d-hole ped that won't work with us. I guess we just have to hope for the best where that's concerned.
Wow it sound like you have a lot potentially on your plate. I'm glad you have a ped who is willing to help with your situation. I'll cross my fingers you don't get the stinky ped.

Shinelikethesun - that is a bummer you are GBS+ sounds like you will do okay and have a positive attitude about things.


I've been having some bad hip and upperback pain so have been going to a chiro twice a week. I sure wish I would have started sooner as I knew it would start and maybe it would have kept it at a lower level of pain but it is helping enough comined with heat/ice and the occassional tylenol to get me through every few days. Other than that I am feeling better than I have for a long time. The nausea that I've had the whole time is responding to some digestive aids still have some bad days but some days are okay.

Hope everyone is still doing well. I got to hold my friends 6 week old yesterday and I'm all baby hungry now. Can't wait:
HotJabanero is offline  
#88 of 102 Old 04-21-2009, 12:46 PM
 
HotJabanero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to keep bothering you all but I was wondering if those who have had there babies so far could update on how well their wishes were respected such as turning down routine procedures.

If things went as expected or was maybe easier or harder, like with the pediatricians/docs/CNM's and nurses?

I am feeling a bit nervous and am hoping for all of us that we have good experiences.
HotJabanero is offline  
#89 of 102 Old 04-21-2009, 01:35 PM
 
Lindsay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotJabanero View Post
Sorry to keep bothering you all but I was wondering if those who have had there babies so far could update on how well their wishes were respected such as turning down routine procedures.

If things went as expected or was maybe easier or harder, like with the pediatricians/docs/CNM's and nurses?

I am feeling a bit nervous and am hoping for all of us that we have good experiences.
: Yes, can you guys? Another nervous one here!!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
Lindsay1234 is offline  
#90 of 102 Old 04-21-2009, 01:48 PM
 
nancy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 1,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm prepared to fight.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
nancy11 is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off