Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
just wanted to share the new song dh and I wrote for Eden
"I'd rock you to sleep if I could..."

Lovely!

You will, soon.

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2009, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Had a check up with the bc today. Baby is "way down there" so I think baby did drop, plus movement feels different, almost like baby is stuck. Also I gained 7 lbs and measured 38cm maybe I won't have a tiny baby after all.

I really feel that I'm going to have this baby before April. I feel like my hormones are kicking up, baby has dropped, bowels have been emptying I've been getting serious nesting urges (which I can't do anything about becausxe of my back), my appitate has all but dissapeared and I feel totally unprepared
Then again, I walked, uh hung around, for almost 2 weeks when I was pg with dd at 6cm with her at +2 station. not something I reccomend btw

lilgreen glad you weren't having pre-term labor

co-sleeping, not rolling over on the baby is along the same principle as you're not falling out of bed or rolling over on your spouse. We all have a level of awareness of our surrounding when we're sleeping.
DH is a very heavy sleeper and has actually rolled over on me before : however he is hyper aware when sleeping with a baby and has slept with one on a couch.
He was super nervous about co-sleeping but he encourages people to try it out now. Though he only thinks it should be for a few months and the baby should have it own room by 18mths He sleeps on the couch 90% of the time though so "our" room is really my room and the lo's only moved out of there this summer when the twins were two and dd 3.5

I'm looking foward to having a wiggly heat-pack in my bed again. MY babies always seem to be so hot

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 03-12-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitful womb View Post
Thats incredible! Are you singing that? I LOVE THIS SONG!!!:
yes, that's me . Thanks...recording 8 months pregnant was a different experience than un-pregnant or even 5 months pregnant when we recorded our E.P.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
Had a check up with the bc today. Baby is "way down there" so I think baby did drop, plus movement feels different, almost like baby is stuck. Also I gained 7 lbs and measured 38cm maybe I won't have a tiny baby after all.
: Sounds good!

Old 03-12-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
just wanted to share the new song dh and I wrote for Eden
WOW Kate! just beautiful...... and the fact that you recorded it while pregnant is even more special.... a treasure for Eden, for sure!

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

Old 03-12-2009, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Kate, what a beautiful song and a beautiful voice !

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
Old 03-12-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Dawn View Post
You know, as a new mama, you become SO attuned to your baby. I can't even imagine not being aware of him/her, even asleep. In fact, I would wake up, look at the clock, and wonder why I was awake at 3:17am, because I was sooo exhausted... and then the baby would just begin to stir. Happened a lot - it's like we're still connected, like my body wakes me up just in time for the baby to eat, before the baby knows he/she's even hungry yet!
I think the awareness starts in pregnancy. The crummy sleep, waking up multiple times each night and having a big belly prepare you. Just like you don't wake up sleeping on your stomach now

My husband and I were out today and I made him stop for Value Village (not the original purpose of the trip). I found a really cute striped sleeper, so I guess it was calling to me. Still a couple more baby things to accumulate, but nothing essential. My newborn diapers are prefolds from last time, but I'm going to try to convince my MIL to buy the baby some pocket diapers for fun

I managed to vacuum and not have too many contractions today. I also got some New Year's resolutions crossed off the list- I designed a website for my community garden group (almost done), and made an appointment for a haircut. It's a friend who is a hairdresser, and it feels like going in for confession- I told her that I haven't had a haircut in two years and admitted that my last haircut involved participation from a two year old :

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

Old 03-13-2009, 12:41 AM

Wow Kate

Ds and I have listened to all tho music on there and sang along and danced, thank you!

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

Old 03-13-2009, 12:52 AM

Went to the TV studio soundstage last week to have our interview for the documentary. They had us up on these tall barstools under bright lights for those takes. And let me tell you, it was uncomfortable trying to balance my 36 week self on a barstool where I couldn't touch the floor! I felt a bit out of my element.

Today, the crew came to my home to film my homevisit, which was a lot more comfortable of a setting. My couch, my home... oh, and a boom mike, cameras, and lights set up everywhere . But, I felt so much more relaxed having them film my prenatal at our house. I kept the kids home from school today so they could be a part of it. My 5yo got a little restless and wiggly for some of it, but hey....that's how it goes sometimes. Cameras watching or not.

Let me tell you, the kids are SO excited for show and tell tomorrow!

The plan is a small 2-person crew for the actual birth... with the main producer who I've been working with for the past year on this project in the other room running equipment, and then only one female camera operator actually in the room while I'm laboring and birthing. They are trying to keep it as unubtrusive as possible, which I certainly appreciate.

In other news, I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, baby is LOA, active, still floating. Crampy contractions every night. I checked myself, and my cervix is still quite posterior, 50%, 2cms at the outer os, and 1 cm at the inner os. So, the crampy contractions are actually doing things in there. And I hope they hold off... I've still got to do taxes, maternity photo session on Tuesday, Disney on Ice with the grandparents and cousins on Wednesday..... I just don't want this baby to come prior to 38 weeks. My goal is to have everything ready by then, and then I'll be ready to rock and roll.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:27 AM

I should be writing music, too -- that's a really nice idea. I just don't have a partner in crime and therefore a lot less motivation. Maybe I'll come up with something afterwards. All my guitar callouses are gone and I haven't touched my keyboard in ages. I'd have to dig it all out and put it.... somewhere... >.<

Scan tomorrow morning to check "position." I was hoping to have a really good guess prepared, but I can't tell what all the squirmy lumps are! Bleh.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
Old 03-13-2009, 01:34 AM

Thanks everyone!! DH is beaming...he loves this song .

Mel, hope the haircut turns out well and congrats on the VV score!! I went to st. vincent de paul's today and scored a pair of monkey but organic cotton pants for 1.50!! Also some great material.

Dawn, glad Cayden liked the songs!! So cool...many of our fans are of the younger set, especially since dh teaches preschool.

Pregnant_Midwife : that you make it to 38 weeks...sounds like you've got a busy week coming up...try and rest some (like I'm one to talk ).

I feel like baby has had a boom in energy today and is wiggling a lot. I wonder if she's trying to drop? Who knows?

Old 03-13-2009, 09:11 AM

OK called the MWs yesterday about the cramps/CX- not too worried told me to drink lots of water and rest and call back if they got more regular. Had them all day upt to 3 an hour and to the point I had to concentrate and breath.Got a little closer but intensity slowed down. Was able to sleep some and was only woken twice last night. So far this am not feeling anything. Hope this doesn't go on daily for weeks- so would suck! Can't check my own cervix (can't reach) and Mws don't feel the need to till next weeks appt. DH thought it felt soft and about 1 cm.But couldn't tell for sure- his 1st pg so no experience.

I'm ok going a little early but would like to wait till after next weekend. Dh thinks 2 weeks and lo will be here- kinda going off his gutt- he knew lo was a boy when I was sure it was a girl (and had never been wrong w/my others) so maybe he's just intuned to this lo more than I am!

Wobblykate- great song.congrats.

As for co-sleeping never even crossed my mind NOT to even at 17 when i had dd15. And I find it so true that I am really attuned to los needs from moment one. When i had dd15 I accidently fell asleep w/her on my chest in tht hospital and had a nurse come in a Yell at me about how dangerous that was and that it wasn't allowed. Like I'd drop her! I just figured at the time I was being sterotyped for being a teen mom and waited till I got home.

I have always found my ex was just as attuned to lo was I was and would wake to them fussing too so never worried much- did tend to sleep w/lo oppisite just because I didn't like to face him in bed anyways. This is dh's 1st lo but he's such a light sleeper I don't worry about it at all. He wakes every time I move in bed or when someone crawls in during the night. (I think this may have to do w/ex Marine training and time in combat zones)

But when I 1st got pg and brought up co-sleeping he was like "well yeah duh", like it was something he natrually thought would happen- so I think fathers have it in them too!
Old 03-13-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post
I managed to vacuum and not have too many contractions today.
I was wrong- I contracted all night long again. Back to a little more rest. I'm really looking forward to being 37 weeks and not worrying about bringing on contractions.

Pregnant Midwife, I'm glad that your filming is going well. How exciting for your family!

Great song, Kate

nancy, good luck with the scan. Are you having it because your doctor can't tell the position either?

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

Old 03-13-2009, 01:02 PM

For sleeping arrangements... I always tell my pregnant friends to stay flexible about it. You can't really know ahead of time exactly what will work for everyone in your family.

Cosleeping was great, we never considered anything else, though we also hadn't totally decided to bedshare ahead of time. Once the baby was here it was just so obvious that he belonged in bed with us. My husband loved being next to him. By the time he was just about 2 months old we would wake up and find the our son had slipped a little hand beneath each of us- he liked to sleep touching us both. You know, it wasn't just for our son (who loved being with us), we also just loved being with him. The baby was always a heavy enough sleeper that things like reading lamps, talking, and, um, adult intimacy never woke him. (actually nor did vacuuming... though the toilet flushing in the other room was another story)

Picklin Queen- its so great that they are considering you normal b/c of your diet control. I am frustrated by the fact that I've been controlling my gd FABULOUSLY with diet (yesterday the dietician gave me my weekly message which said "I wish all the moms I work with could follow such a perfect diet"). However, they still want me to start 2x a week NST and 1x a week size checks. Sigh. Good thing I am planning a HB b/c it seems like no matter how great I do, they are determined to find a problem. I don't think they are all going to like me so much when I decline the fetal monitoring but I may just drop the co-care if it starts to be too big of a hassle.

And... I am so relieved because I PASSED MY QUALIFYING EXAM YESTERDAY! (I'm a PhD student). Also, my dept has come up with enough funding to keep me enrolled w/out having me teach, and thus with health insurance. Its such a relief not to have to contemplate switching to medical 4 weeks before baby is due. PHEW. Now I just have to get through finals week which starts tomorrow (I am also teaching) but this weekend before the final papers start rolling in I am going to FINALLY go get all my HB supplies, fill out my "healthy families" (sCHIP) forms for the baby, wash the baby clothes and dipes, and get started on taxes. All fun stuff. Good thing I'm due late April-- even if this one is a 38-weeker like my son I still have a couple of weeks.

dissertating mom to three

Old 03-13-2009, 02:09 PM

Hi all! Sorry I've been absent this week...it has been nuts at work...I sure I hope I can get this all done before baby gets here.

I haven't been on in so long...I don't even know if I remember everyone who needs a hug...so I'll just send it to all y'all....

I plan to be pretty flexible with sleeping, we had a waterbed (so co-sleeping was out!) but for my b-day my dad got us a mattress : It's been nice to be in my own bed again! And now if I want to pull the babe in bed with me to nurse, I can, and not be terrified of falling asleep! However, I know that I sleep better without someone all up against me (health issues make me have to move at night, or be numb and useless the next day.) so while I am open to falling asleep with baby or if baby fusses, bringing it to my bed, I think the bassinet within arms reach of the bed is as good as I can do for now.

We went to Childbirth class last night (since it's DH's first I thought he'd find it interesting) but I have to say I was a little bored...after being on here so much and doing so much research this time, it was like hearing the same things over and over...blah maybe next week will be better...We did get to tour the hospital, which was good. We saw the LD rooms, and rooms for after delivery. They have birthing bath tubs, balls, chairs, squat bars, everything I could think of to encourage changing positions! She did say they like to only have 2 people with you during delivery, but don't care about labor...I really wanted about 4 or 5 people...and she said that it would ultimately be left up to the doctor, so I will talk to him when I go next week. She did say my OB was the most flexible about it that she knew!! Anyway, next week I do the natural childbirth class about doing with no medication..at the hospital, sponsored by the hospital, and taught by one of their own nurses, so I am feeling pretty confident about not being pushed into anything I don't want!! WOO HOO

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
Old 03-13-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post
It's a friend who is a hairdresser, and it feels like going in for confession- I told her that I haven't had a haircut in two years and admitted that my last haircut involved participation from a two year old :

wife. dd1 : dd2
Old 03-13-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post

And... I am so relieved because I PASSED MY QUALIFYING EXAM YESTERDAY! (I'm a PhD student). .
YES!!!! Good job!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 02:22 PM

My dh said the same thing about co-sleeping, it worked last time, itll work this time!

I just get worried sometimes that I didnt do something "right" with DD1, I was 22 and didnt really know anything about having a baby. But dd1 survived (and thrived!) these past 7 years so I guess I didnt mess her up TOO bad!!

This weeks thread has SOOOO much great news!!!!!! Im so happy for everyone.

Last night the baby was pushing her foot out so we could all feel the size and shape of it, you should have seen DH and DDs faces!!! Priceless! DD1 has been calling her sis Big Butt Baby cause her butt is always sticking out between my ribs. So she talks to my stomach, "Hey you Big Butt Baby, hows it going in there? Almost ready to come out?" We always joke cause dd1 has a Jennifer Lopez/Kim Kardashian sized butt from birth! I keep saying Ill have to beautiful big butt babies and my dd thinks its the funniest thing shes ever heard. (shes my biggest fan)

Old 03-13-2009, 02:32 PM

Head is down. I'm pleasantly surprised, yet I should have known that mini-genius knows better what to do than I do. Well, that was a relief. Wewt.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
My dh said the same thing about co-sleeping, it worked last time, itll work this time!

I just get worried sometimes that I didnt do something "right" with DD1, I was 22 and didnt really know anything about having a baby. But dd1 survived (and thrived!) these past 7 years so I guess I didnt mess her up TOO bad!!

This weeks thread has SOOOO much great news!!!!!! Im so happy for everyone.

Last night the baby was pushing her foot out so we could all feel the size and shape of it, you should have seen DH and DDs faces!!! Priceless! DD1 has been calling her sis Big Butt Baby cause her butt is always sticking out between my ribs. So she talks to my stomach, "Hey you Big Butt Baby, hows it going in there? Almost ready to come out?" We always joke cause dd1 has a Jennifer Lopez/Kim Kardashian sized butt from birth! I keep saying Ill have to beautiful big butt babies and my dd thinks its the funniest thing shes ever heard. (shes my biggest fan)

You know Lindsay every time I read a post from you I think this but never say it so I'm saying it now. You seem like such a fun person - I'd love to have a friend like you IRL . You seem so animated and happy and I really admire that!! Oh, I also admire the relationship you seem to have with your DD - very cool !

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
Old 03-13-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
Head is down. I'm pleasantly surprised, yet I should have known that mini-genius knows better what to do than I do. Well, that was a relief. Wewt.
: Congrats Nancy!!!! Is his/her face facing your tummy or your back (did they say if he/she is posterior or anterior)?

Old 03-13-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I thought so, when I heard you were feeling hiccups down low. But good news!

Anyone else nauseous, and feel hungry but can't eat because there's NO ROOM anymore!? This guy literally kicks my stomach all day long, and I feel sooooo sick. Blah. I can eat about 1/2 cup of food at a time, I swear, before I feel full and sick again. This so sucks!

In light of this new development, I've decided, he can come any time. I don't care if I have a Pisces or an Aries. I just want to not be pg anymore.

:

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
Old 03-13-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Dawn View Post
I thought so, when I heard you were feeling hiccups down low. But good news!

Anyone else nauseous, and feel hungry but can't eat because there's NO ROOM anymore!? This guy literally kicks my stomach all day long, and I feel sooooo sick. Blah. I can eat about 1/2 cup of food at a time, I swear, before I feel full and sick again. This so sucks!

In light of this new development, I've decided, he can come any time. I don't care if I have a Pisces or an Aries. I just want to not be pg anymore.

:
I haven't been feeling too full or sick but I can't seem to eat anything, big or small without getting heartburn. I second your last statement!!

Old 03-13-2009, 02:49 PM

Yeah, the heartburn is a bit annoying -- to say the least.

Fortunately, PEanut's feet seem to kick out to the side rather than up into my stomach. It's the BUTT that rides up on me all the time (nice to know exactly what it has been all this time).

Old 03-13-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
You know Lindsay every time I read a post from you I think this but never say it so I'm saying it now. You seem like such a fun person - I'd love to have a friend like you IRL . You seem so animated and happy and I really admire that!! Oh, I also admire the relationship you seem to have with your DD - very cool !
well.. THANKS!! Way to put me on cloud 9!!!

Id love to be real life friends with all of you guys! We seem to all click and give REAL advise to each other!! Im a lurker on the babyctr board and they are always fighting!::

Old 03-13-2009, 02:56 PM

yea for head down babies : and passing exams :

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 03-13-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
: Congrats Nancy!!!! Is his/her face facing your tummy or your back (did they say if he/she is posterior or anterior)?
Posterior, at the moment, but the doc says it's very likely to pivot around when necessary. She wasn't concerned. We shall see!

Old 03-13-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Posterior, at the moment, but the doc says it's very likely to pivot around when necessary. She wasn't concerned. We shall see!
Same with my little guy - he was posterior at my last scan and I just have a feeling he still is. My doctor said the same thing.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:28 PM

35 weeks today! :

Kate, that song is so sweet, your babe is truly blessed and will certainly grow up with a very special relationship with music.

I totally can't find my cervix either! Mystery cervix...
I'm pretty sure things are holding together though, don't feel ready to go any time soon.

Dp and I have been arguing about finances for the past 2 hours. He's a self-employed carpenter and teaches an art class at a local university, which means we have no money. He has been around the house for the past 3 weeks, this is so stressing me out. I wish I could work more, but I'm a doula and a yoga/dance teacher and I can't increase my hours - I'm in the middle of subbing my classes out for the birth and beyond, and can't handle being on call or attending births this late in pregnancy. I feel pretty trapped and helpless. There is just...no work. *sigh* We started arguing about having to buy a new mattress, ours is too soft for bedsharing and I am really prioritizing this mattress and he doesn't understand that we can's sleep an infant on a super soft pillowtop mattress! I mean, he gets it, but is like "We'll wait 'till the last minute". I'm totally nesting, and the prospect of waiting last minute is just killing me - when is the last minute? Who knows?

We have absolutely no money, I have no insurance, yet was denied for state medical assistance. How will I pay the midwife? I'm concerned.

On a lighter note, I have almost completely purchase all items on my birth kit list. That makes me very happy. Thank goodness for the nice check my MIL wrote me as a birthday gift!
Old 03-13-2009, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=herbanmama;13358876]

Dp and I have been arguing about finances for the past 2 hours.
QUOTE]

We've had a few of those the last few days...though not as serious as your situation-I'm sorry you have to go through that!...I do think that adding another person to the family just makes that a concern no matter where you are financially. I am a SAHM and DH just got switched to salary so no longer makes his overtime (due to the economy) yet still has to work alot more hours...though I'm not complaning as he has a good job. Anyway, I finally got all the cloth diapers but then I realized we need wipes, powder, baby wash, nursing bras etc...all that stuff you get from your shower the first time around you have to get yourself this time. And unfotunatly I know our friends and family will buy outfits and toys for baby which is soooo not what she needs! Anyway, sorry for the vent. It's so hard when you are "nesting" but you financially you can't get that stuff right now.

DH hasn't been very understanding about household chores. I don't think he really understands how hard it is for me to be 8 months pregant and take care of DD. I do the best I can but I'm so tired and sore and my personality has never been to keep up on everything everyday. I wish he would just accept it. We don't argue about it...he just comes home and does what I didn't do and shuts down toward me. It's his personality that he can't relax till everything is done...which is fine but then I hate that he's distant to me because of it. I've been very very emotional the last few days...I cry for nothing and it's so hard when he's distant. And then I've been working so hard at finding good deals on cloth diapers to save us money and I'm excited about cloth diapers-it's my new passion!...last night he saw the new ones I got and he just said "I don't think they'll work as good as disposables"...talk about taking the one joy I had in my days lately! He is a good man and he really cares about me...maybe I"m just being too emotional?

User Tag List