Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-15-2009, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter
jkg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When are you due?

How have you been feeling so far?

Are you having any cravings or aversions?

Where did you grow up? Where do you live now?

Do you have siblings
#2 of 7 Old 03-16-2009, 12:16 AM

When are you due? I'm due April 4th.

How have you been feeling so far? I've been feeling pretty good! I'm more tired now and am having some upper back pain, but all in all, I feel great.

Are you having any cravings or aversions? I had a lot of cravings in the beginning. I had a yogurt aversion early on, but quickly got over that and have been eating a lot of yogurt. I'm HUNGRY almost all the time now. At this point, I'll eat most anything that isn't too greasy. I'm not wanting anything greasy right now.

Where did you grow up? Where do you live now? I grew up in Atlanta and live in the Atlanta 'burbs now.

Do you have siblings? Yes, I have one living sister and one sister who passed away at 6 months of age.

Casey
Mama to DS 2/22/06 and DS 3/27/09 :
#3 of 7 Old 03-16-2009, 01:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What nesting-style activity is your favorite/do you feel is most important in preparing for birth?

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#4 of 7 Old 03-16-2009, 10:53 AM

What have you knit/are you knitting for the new baby?

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#5 of 7 Old 03-16-2009, 02:22 PM

Any preg/birthing/parenting books you LOVE?!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#6 of 7 Old 03-16-2009, 05:09 PM

Any other special craftinesses besides knitting?

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#7 of 7 Old 03-16-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post
What nesting-style activity is your favorite/do you feel is most important in preparing for birth?
The nesting that I think is most important is getting the house ready for birth (if you're doing a homebirth) and getting all the things together for the new baby such as diapers and carseat, etc. I also think that having lots communication with your partner about parenting etc. is great.

However, I've been going crazy with the nesting! I'm making all of the diapers for this baby (24 of each size, for a total of 72 pocket diapers). The diapers are all done except for a few that need snaps that the snap site is out of stock on.

We bought a new mattress to connect to our king size bed, so we have a mega bed. The bed is a king size bed with a twin extra long on one side. DH and I both like our space and we want to keep co-sleeping with DS1 so we got a new bed. Now I need to make matching duvet covers for the duvets. I also wanted it to look a bit nicer so we are in the process of making a leather headboard. It's almost completed!

I lined the curtains in our bedroom with blackout material so it is darker.

We've also put the carseat into the car which meant me trading cars with DH because his car is bigger and has four doors. All of DS's baby cloths are out of storage and sorted and in the dresser. We have all of the homebirth supplies, the pool, the air pump, the hoses, etc. I'm sure there is other stuff that I'm forgetting I've done or is on my list. I've been busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post
What have you knit/are you knitting for the new baby?
With all the nesting I'm embarrassed to say I haven't knit hardly anything for this little one! I'm finishing up a kimono and I've knit a pair of longies. That's it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Any preg/birthing/parenting books you LOVE?!
Hmmm, I love so many parenting books! I'm a huge fan of "Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves." I also like "The Contiuum Concept". I recently read "Playful Parenting" and liked it. I have Dr. Sears "The Birth Book" and it's quite good.

Casey
Mama to DS 2/22/06 and DS 3/27/09 :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page