Weekly Chat 3.15 - 3.21 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 161 Old 03-21-2009, 10:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
btw, anypone else having a really noisy stomach lately? I'm getting lots of weird rumbles and gurgles..........
Yes, but it was the lunch I ate. I feel like garbage...

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#152 of 161 Old 03-22-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
btw, anypone else having a really noisy stomach lately? I'm getting lots of weird rumbles and gurgles..........
Yeah, that was happening in bed last night and I really didn't even feel like it was me... I felt disassociated from the strange noises my body was emitting...

And, ShineliketheSon, I didn't mean to say you are labeling your daughter... its more just my issue, my son b/c of his temperment and personality has often been called rowdy, rough, rambunctious, daredevil (in his earshot, by other people), and I've started to try and be really careful about even how I think about him to myself.

dissertating mom to three

#153 of 161 Old 03-22-2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
I am so irritated and cranky lately! but to top it all off DD is so defiant. DD will be 4 in a few weeks and I'm not sure if it's age or knowing baby is coming or what but she has never acted this way so many days in a row. She has really been an easy child... We have our moments but usually our love and logic ways get us through it and it is short lived. now it seems like there is NOTHING I can do. She is batteling EVERYTHING! I'm so scared with thinking about having two now! I know I"m probably just freaking out cause I"m so tired today and we did alot of running around. here's praying tomorrow is better....
That was my day today exactly. She is two and a half and I had to carry her out of the store screaming (her screaming, not me, though I yelled later... ), after having got down at her level and explained, offered positive incentives, compromises... basically I guess she just had to freak out. I am so sick of the battle over holding my hand or not running away in public places I could scream. In fact I did. What will I do with two, if this one INSISTS on running into traffic and down the aisles?

Other than that I have everything ready for baby, just need to get some more stuff ready for the birth!

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
#154 of 161 Old 03-22-2009, 03:04 AM - Thread Starter

to everyone in toddlerville

mischievium, I wouldn't worry about not being able to express...the crustys are proof positive...have you had a bf class/seen people express?....I wouldn't have known how before the class. Also helps to try after a shower.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#155 of 161 Old 03-22-2009, 04:23 AM

My rib cage is burning on one side. Owch.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#156 of 161 Old 03-22-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post

Oh.. and I was going to ask, about the colostrum, am I the only one who CAN'T hand express any? Really, I have a teeny-tiny amount of "crust" on my nipples (really, only noticeable if I look for it), and hand expressing results in nothing at all coming out and I have no leaking at all. Should I be worried?
I could never hand express colostrum eighter. I get the little 'crust' thing too only if I look for it also. I don't leak during pregnancy eighter which I hear some people do. Even when DS was born and was wondering if I was making enough, I tried the pump(because I was curious) and half a drop tried to come out. I called the La leche people and the explained how much colostrum baby actually get, ect...
#157 of 161 Old 03-22-2009, 08:52 AM

I have a DS 4 who is also very energetic (sp?-sorry its early for me) and has been going through some changes. I actually have seen changes in all of my dc and I think a lot of it has to do w/me and my horrible cranky moods as of late. Ds is one that has always been independent but clingy at the same time and demanding- like for ex. right now he's telling me to clean up the crusty dirt that fell off Dh's boots in the bathroom "RIGHT NOW" because he has to go and doesn't think it belongs there. Sorry kiddo want to finish my 1 cup of coffee before I start to clean anything! please be patient w/your big "fat" (his words) mama.

I took the puppy, ds4, and dd7 to the park yesterday. And have now vowed not to do that agian till after lo is here. Too much for me being this big- I think they have forgotten the rules for walking and the dog is unused to walks with the dc so I really stressed DS would get hit by a car, or fall while running, or pup would break off harness and run (she's a terrier)- there is no way I can catch any of them if I needed to and dd is not fast enough to catch pup if needed to. Live and learn- a month from now or so it'll be different they'll be ok.

To try and deal w/the change in behaviors in my dc there are a few things I've beeen trying. When someone seems "needier" give a little extra loving but if it's corrsponding with a neg. behavior I'll tell them I am willing to love on them but once they decide to clam down (its a lot of screaming at me lately). We've been also using a lot of time outs away form others. Also we have a lot of direspectful language going on ( name calling and puts downs, etc) and we put put ribbons w/eachs name on it and they get a cloths pin put on the ribbon when they are disrespect to anyone, if they reach 5 they lose a privlage for the next day and the rest of that day. No bady's gotten to five yet, so seems to be working.
#158 of 161 Old 03-22-2009, 09:12 AM

I started a new chat here, Mamas.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#159 of 161 Old 03-22-2009, 09:13 AM

nm
#160 of 161 Old 03-22-2009, 09:15 AM

nm
#161 of 161 Old 03-22-2009, 09:15 AM

nm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page