Weekly Chat 3.15 - 3.21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wonder how many babies we'll have this week? Sure getting close to April!!! I'm thinking I'll do the taxes tonight. Hmm...we'll see. Very much looking forward to my first ever trip to the chiro tomorrow. Hope he can do something about my numb fingers. I imagine the wrist popping is unavoidable and has to do with loosening joints...it's annoying, but I want those other joints to loosen, so I'll live with it.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#2 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow, I'm going to spend this week gathering my supplies, and making sure I have everything covered. I'm still limping around, my foot isn't that bad unless I wear shoes, stand on it too long, or take the kids swimming, then it definitely lets me knows that it is injured.

Good luck at the chiro Kate! I love mine and can't imagine having a pg without her.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#3 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow, I'm going to spend this week gathering my supplies, and making sure I have everything covered. I'm still limping around, my foot isn't that bad unless I wear shoes, stand on it too long, or take the kids swimming, then it definitely lets me knows that it is injured.

Good luck at the chiro Kate! I love mine and can't imagine having a pg without her.
Thanks! Bummer your foot is still acting up . Hope it heals soon. I mean, wearing shoes, standing, etc., are hard to avoid.

I need to spend this week getting my bag(s) together for the bc and putting together the co-sleeper. I was hoping not to have it in my room until the last minute, but I don't think I'd be able to get it in the door if I assemble it elsewhere...we'll see. Putting it up will mean crawling to the end of the bed to get up at night to pee, but I don't want to have to deal with assembling it after baby is born and I'll be 38 weeks this week.

#4 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 04:31 PM

Peony, glad to hear your ankle is feeling just a tiny bit better. My mom always said that kids and partners seem to think that moms never get hurt or sick so everyone is thrown a curveball when they actually do!

Kate, Im not sure how an AR gets set up, but could you set it up and store it in the babys room for now? It wont take but a min for someone to grab it when you guys get home from the bc. DD1 has been back in our bed, the cat prefers to sleep ON me or right next to me so Ive been taking the bottom of the bed route to pee, and I wouldnt wish that on anyone!!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#5 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 04:42 PM

We took a day trip to Berkeley yesterday and it was awesome. Ate good food and gelato, saw old friends, shopped at amazing book stores. If it wasnt so busy there, Id entertain the idea of living there!!
Then we came home and did the local art walk in town and saw our fav local hiphop band, who was doing an art show. It was the first time dd1 had seen them live and she was memorized by them! Then the singer was doing a song and said "whos in the house tonight? I see Isabella in the house tonight" (pointing at her) and she got as red as a tomato!!!! Needless to say, that was a long day and I was TIRED!!!

I cant sleep at all, Im up all night. I know this is getting me prepared but jeez! I used to have a touch of insomnia now and then so I know I can survive on little sleep, but its just annoying because these last weeks are for me to relax!

The baby seems low and resting on my pelvic bone. It doenst hurt but it makes me feel funny when I walk, like a cowboy!!! Maybe shell come early? I wonder what the percentages are of having a 2nd early, I have the number April 21 in my brain, but thats a whole week early!!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#6 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 06:17 PM

I'm now down to one pair of maternity jeans and football jerseys for clothing. I must have looked ridiculous in these jerseys before, because they fit great now!

I sanded and primed a small dresser today -- it was so very nice outside -- and I did another prep-wash of prefolds. We also installed a home-made shelf thing surrounding the oil tank in the garage so that the nine boxes of comic books in Peanut's closet have a place to live (among other things). A very productive weekend and some fresh air.

And last night I had a small bout of RLS at 3am. This is the third time that has happened. I am taking iron supplements roughly every other day, so that should help. Weird, man.

I can't wait to just sack out on the couch later.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#7 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Kate, Im not sure how an AR gets set up, but could you set it up and store it in the babys room for now? It wont take but a min for someone to grab it when you guys get home from the bc. DD1 has been back in our bed, the cat prefers to sleep ON me or right next to me so Ive been taking the bottom of the bed route to pee, and I wouldnt wish that on anyone!!!
This was my original plan, but we're going to have to wait to figure it out until we start putting it together, because I'm not sure if it'll fit through the door once it's all finished...maybe we could just partially assemble, but I'm not sure.

Nancy, sounds like you had a nice productive weekend!

#8 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 06:26 PM

I'm really, really hoping to have this baby in the next couple of weeks! Baby has moved into the right position now- pretty sure. Last time the midwife checked on Wednesday baby was facing one side and had been for a long time, judging on the kicks. Then all of the sudden I got kicks on the other side for one day and now it seems I have butt right in the front and I'm feeling kicks internally! So I'm hoping this is a sign.... but not counting on it.

I've also had a waves of energy lately and I've been doing weird things like scrubbing walls and I completely scrubbed out the fridge this morning inside and out... hoping that this is also a sign!
#9 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 06:55 PM

nancy try a calc/mag supplement for the rls. I get it a lot, have my whole life, and I have this calm calc/mag "tea" (power that you put in hot water and then juice or cold water) that usually does the trick.

We had our home visit today : Kids loved the baby checking out part. Dominic (one of the twins) showed the assistant his "baby"

I've been having nesting bursts as well, increased bh and I feel like this baby has been working its way into postion. I'm thinking we might have a baby by the end of the month

Back is still killing me though : and we don't have the adapter for our sink so we can fill the birth pool I'll be 37weeks on thursday so dh has a little bit to get it

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#10 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Peony, your family seems to have had a rough go of it this pregnancy (injury/ illness-wise)! I've had a fair amount of foot injuries (sprained ankles) and it just takes a while before your foot is fully back to it old self-- and even now, the ankle that I sprained most severely has a tendency to swell more when it's really hot out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
I need to spend this week getting my bag(s) together for the bc and putting together the co-sleeper. I was hoping not to have it in my room until the last minute, but I don't think I'd be able to get it in the door if I assemble it elsewhere...we'll see. Putting it up will mean crawling to the end of the bed to get up at night to pee, but I don't want to have to deal with assembling it after baby is born and I'll be 38 weeks this week.
The deal I made with my DH when he decided he wanted to get the crib put together and side-carred a few weeks back was that he had to sleep on the side with the sidecar until the baby comes precisely because I was not going to, at this far into pregnancy, crawl out the bottom of the bed 3-4 times a night to pee. He seemed more amenable to this plan when I pointed out that he would probably be woken up less if I didn't have to crawl out the bottom of the bed. I don't know how flexible you and your DH are about where you sleep, but it seems to have worked out okay for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
And last night I had a small bout of RLS at 3am. This is the third time that has happened. I am taking iron supplements roughly every other day, so that should help. Weird, man.
I thought that RLS was more related to calcium/ magnesium levels than iron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2sol View Post
I'm really, really hoping to have this baby in the next couple of weeks! Baby has moved into the right position now- pretty sure. Last time the midwife checked on Wednesday baby was facing one side and had been for a long time, judging on the kicks. Then all of the sudden I got kicks on the other side for one day and now it seems I have butt right in the front and I'm feeling kicks internally! So I'm hoping this is a sign.... but not counting on it.
I'm the opposite, the last two appointments, the baby has been LOA, then last night I was feeling a lot of movement on my left side (where his back should be) so I think he moved out of position. Oh well, it he moved out, he can move back, right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2sol View Post
I've also had a waves of energy lately and I've been doing weird things like scrubbing walls and I completely scrubbed out the fridge this morning inside and out... hoping that this is also a sign!
This was me last week. I had the external drive of trying to get the house ready to host a birthday dinner for my dad and spent 3 days organizing and cleaning the house. Then this weekend my mom and aunt threw a baby shower at my house. I didn't find the energy to touch up the house until like 8pm the night before. I mean, it was still pretty clean from last weekend -- to the point that DH was not terribly helpful with cleaning because he thought it was "fine." Apparently, he hasn't had the "don't argue with a woman who's 37 weeks pregnant about what qualifies as clean, just pick up a mop and ask how you can help" talk. The shower was really nice : and now I can go through my registry and order the last of the "non-negotiables" that we need before the baby comes !

I know I said this last week, but I can't believe I'll be 38 weeks in 2.5days!
#11 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 07:08 PM

We are borrowing a co-sleeper from a friend. Its something we never had with ds. We can't leave it set up before the baby. So I set it up to get a sense of how to, then I'll take it down. Its actually just like a playpen/yard, so really easy once you've done it.

I need to get dh to do a practice run with the co-sleeper since I won't be the one doing it after the birth.

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#12 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
nancy try a calc/mag supplement for the rls. I get it a lot, have my whole life, and I have this calm calc/mag "tea" (power that you put in hot water and then juice or cold water) that usually does the trick.
I drink tons of milk and eat tons of cheese. I can't believe it would be calcium. Magnesium, I don't know. I read something to do with iron and my iron count was borderline low when I took the anemia test recently. This RLS thing doesn't happen often and standing up for like, 5-10 minutes clears it up. It's sporadic and weird. I'll see if I can try the tea -- that sounds doable.

So annoying at 3am along with everything else. Meh.

#13 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

*sigh* I knew there was a reason I was avoiding doing the taxes...It looks like we're going to end up owing somewhere between $900 and $1400. Ugh. Just depends on whether or not our financial guy has rolled over/can roll over my 403(b) from my old job to an IRA. We have until 4/15 and I think it still counts as IRA contributions. We'll see. Either way, it's not money we have at all. I guess we'll have to set up a payment plan. This is seriously making me consider NOT doing the independent contractor work I've been doing. It's just too hard to figure out how much to pay and it turns out all the tracking I've done of mileage, etc., doesn't f*ing matter because I didn't have enough deductions to surpass the standard deduction. Thank god for our AFLAC plan that pays cash for a bc/hospital delivery.

#14 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Kate - I can't believe you are going to be 38 weeks this week and I'll be 37!! :

We have had a beautiful weekend here! I have spent the majority of my time either outside or sleeping . I seriously slept about 13 hours Friday night (woke up at 11:30 Sat. AM) and then took a nap from 6-7:30 and then fell asleep on the couch from 11:30-1AM and then went to bed and slept from 1:30 to 12:30!!!! Wooo, that's a lot of sleeping. My body must be getting ready for the big event!!!!

We live in Boston and walked all around the city yesterday and through the park. It was so nice! Today we went on a mini hike and took the dogs swimming!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#15 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
I drink tons of milk and eat tons of cheese. I can't believe it would be calcium. Magnesium, I don't know. I read something to do with iron and my iron count was borderline low when I took the anemia test recently. This RLS thing doesn't happen often and standing up for like, 5-10 minutes clears it up. It's sporadic and weird. I'll see if I can try the tea -- that sounds doable.

So annoying at 3am along with everything else. Meh.
I've gotten restless legs on and off my entire life. The only thing I can correlate it with is stress... When I was working (outside of the home) it was much worse.

Are you worried about something? It was recently really bad the night before my mother came to visit...

I had a couple of bad nights where my legs would just not settle down, I used some Calms and it helped one night... but not another.
#16 of 161 Old 03-15-2009, 10:26 PM

Just subbing - but I doubt I'll be able to keep up with this thread this week!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#17 of 161 Old 03-16-2009, 12:41 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks for all the warm wishes about my foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post
Peony, your family seems to have had a rough go of it this pregnancy (injury/ illness-wise)! I've had a fair amount of foot injuries (sprained ankles) and it just takes a while before your foot is fully back to it old self-- and even now, the ankle that I sprained most severely has a tendency to swell more when it's really hot out.

!
That's what it feels like! Our life has been complete chaos ever since Gabrielle was born 2.5y ago, it's just been one thing after another.

Anyone else's belly button (well, what's left of it anyway) sore? I don't remember this in my last two pgs but I couldn't even stand to have the 2y snuggling up against my belly while reading stories tonight, my belly button was that sore.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#18 of 161 Old 03-16-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
It looks like we're going to end up owing somewhere between $900 and $1400. Ugh.
Oh no!!! So sorry...what a bummer! Here's a hug for you!

My weekend was OK...hubby took me out to Target yesterday and BigLots today and we got all of our birthing supplies except for the chux pads and a new dresser. Well...we still need a hose to fill up the pool, but the pool arrived on Friday and the kids were ecstatic...they were ready to set it up then.

Being 38 weeks this week also...I better get my act together!
#19 of 161 Old 03-16-2009, 02:33 AM

Quote:
*sigh* I knew there was a reason I was avoiding doing the taxes...It looks like we're going to end up owing somewhere between $900 and $1400. Ugh.
yuck, that happened to us last year, and it was such a bummer... it was the first month I'd been able to pay off the credit card balance and then I got socked with that. The experience has had me dragging my feet this year even though we are a lot poorer and I don't think it will happen again...

ugh, I have so many little paperwork duties to complete over the next couple of weeks, really fun stuff, (taxes, state health insurance for the baby, these small-but-not-insignificantly-so childcare reembursment things from my department, school forms and financial aid forms for my son, FAFSA stuff for myself, fellowship applications for next year, unemployment for my husband whenever he actually starts his layoff, WIC b/c I am pretty sure I actually qualify but haven't had a half a day to go sit around their office and figure it out). I will be kicking myself big time if I don't do all this before having the baby... but its so hard to motivate for this which is way more important than the other "nesting" I would prefer to be doing. (since I did almost none of that last time I actually know from experience you can get away with almost no baby prep or baby "gear"... diapers and carseat are all that you really *need* on hand when its born)

dissertating mom to three

#20 of 161 Old 03-16-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Anyone else's belly button (well, what's left of it anyway) sore? I don't remember this in my last two pgs but I couldn't even stand to have the 2y snuggling up against my belly while reading stories tonight, my belly button was that sore.
Around there and just above it -- stretched real thin and sore, ya. I sometimes can't even have a shirt touching it. Fun!

#21 of 161 Old 03-16-2009, 10:02 AM

on the taxes Kate. Self-employment crap sucks. Just make sure you get your taxes filed and the payment plan set up by April 15 or they're throw penalties on. We had to do a payment plan a couple of years and they were very nice and helpful, not at all what one would expect. I guess they're happy someone is actually going to pay

Emma, you should be able to check the wic income guidlines online http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/howtoapp...guidelines.htm hopefully that helps

peony, my belly button has been bothering me for months. I have having my belly button touched so having it be so shallow is hard. It doesn't help any that a few weeks ago they twins were fighting over who was going to "see" the baby; each hooked a finger in my button and tugged in different directions :

Michelle, that is one thing I am missing about not being in work right now, Boston in the spring. I work at gov't center and we have a famers market right there from late pari./early may-ish through thanksgiving and the commons is just a few minutes walk its such a great way to break up the day.
Gloucester is really beautiful in the spring/summer too but once it starts getting really warm the tourist flock in and well it sucks! I couldn't understand dh's hatred of the tourists until dd was born and I had a year off. Everything gets so expensive and there are people everywhere. We tend to go to the woods more than the beach so I didn't think the tourists would bother me that much (beyond the traffic thing) well all the other locals start avoiding the beaches and go to the woods and parks instead

Im home all by myself today. It hasn't even been an hour and I'm already lonely

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#22 of 161 Old 03-16-2009, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
peony, my belly button has been bothering me for months. I have having my belly button touched so having it be so shallow is hard. It doesn't help any that a few weeks ago they twins were fighting over who was going to "see" the baby; each hooked a finger in my button and tugged in different directions :

Michelle, that is one thing I am missing about not being in work right now, Boston in the spring. I work at gov't center and we have a famers market right there from late pari./early may-ish through thanksgiving and the commons is just a few minutes walk its such a great way to break up the day.
Gloucester is really beautiful in the spring/summer too but once it starts getting really warm the tourist flock in and well it sucks! I couldn't understand dh's hatred of the tourists until dd was born and I had a year off. Everything gets so expensive and there are people everywhere. We tend to go to the woods more than the beach so I didn't think the tourists would bother me that much (beyond the traffic thing) well all the other locals start avoiding the beaches and go to the woods and parks instead

Im home all by myself today. It hasn't even been an hour and I'm already lonely

My belly button is totally popped out now and is more itchy than sore!

Azreial - I used to work downtown right near the Aquarium and I used to LOVE the farmers markets in the spring/summer/fall! Boston is such a beautiful city. We are actually moving back to Jersey in May and I'm going to miss it here. All of my family is in New Jersey and I moved here 3.5 years ago to follow a guy (and broke up with him and met my DH instead ) and its been a wonderful experience, but its time (now that we are having a Baby) to be back near family. Last summer we discovered the beach in Gloucester!!!! We had heard so much about it and finally went a few times. Its beautiful there! My friends are getting married in Gloucester this summer (at a Castle - I can't think of what its called though) so we are coming back for that! I'm sorry you are lonely - just think - the Baby will be here soon enough and you are going to wonder how you ever felt lonely with so much to do!!

Kate - . I owed on my taxes the last couple of years and know how tough that is. This is the first year in awhile I actually got a refund and it felt so good. I'm sure you can set up a payment plan and everything will work out. One more .

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#23 of 161 Old 03-16-2009, 10:51 AM

I'm still enjoying the extra "online" time for my final week of rest before being full-term and giving over to more activity and more contractions.

Kate, I hope you work out the taxes.

I'm also in the "lots of paperwork" club, too. OUr US taxes are finished, but just waiting for a childcare receipt that is in the mail for me. I'm almost finished my Canadian taxes, but my husband's are a mess of paper. We need to get them organized and off to his accountant, since so far it looks like returns in two countries!! : I also want to start some of the baby's paperwork for insurance and benefits, but can't finalize it until after the birth when we have a name and birthdate.

Is anyone else's "to do" list getting longer instead of shorter?
I've started to divide mine in to "absolutely must do", "should do", "nice to do". I like to have lots to keep myself busy in the last few weeks of pregnancy, so my calendar is pretty full. I just keep telling everyone that all of my commitments are contingent on still being pregnant

And I've decided to ditch my plans of freezing many more meals. I knew there was a reason I was dragging my heels on it, and my husband reminded me that we didn't use them in the first week or two (friends and family cooked for us), then by the time we got around to wanting them I was on an allergy elimination diet. I'm going to freeze a couple of things to have on hand, but otherwise we're just going to stock up on allergy-safe staples and deal with it as it comes.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#24 of 161 Old 03-16-2009, 11:42 AM

michelle, Hammond Castle, my sister got married there this August its was very nice

Mel, my to-do list is flucuating widly sometimes I think I could fill a notebook and then a few hours later I'll think "we don't really need to do that" and its down to like 2 things
I have to say that having the homebirth is what's keeping the list short. Most things that I come up with I think "we'll be here any way, we can just take care of it when we need it" With the hospital/birth center births I needed everything ready by 36 weeks, 33 for the twins. I so didn't want to deal with coming home from the hospital and setting up. This time I have the baby's clothes put away, the moses basket up in my room and yeah I think that's about it

I need to get going on the car seat though. I'm just going to wash it we're not going to install it until we need to go somewhere with the baby. DH has become better at installing carseats than me so I don't worry about it. He was so terrible before that I had to install the twins carseats while recovering from the c-section : DH had them in so loose I think I could have put a kid under it without unbuckling!!

I think I might call around to 2nd hand stores today to see if any of them have a plug in swing. We went through so many batteries with the other kids. We do still have a swing but talking about it, I think if I could find one for ~$60 it would be worth it just on the battery costs. $60 might not be enough though so we might just end up using the battery swing

#25 of 161 Old 03-16-2009, 11:52 AM

I'm breaking out. More zits now that I've had my whole pg! Which is always a precursor to labor for me by about 2-3 weeks. Not a bad sign, I guess... although I hate the zits!

Lots more BH and more painful, too. Baby's lower, I can feel him down there, but part of that has to do with all the work we did over the wk I think. Since my dad passed, my mom only had 2 weeks (it's going on 4 now) to move from her 2 bd apt/townhouse into a 1 bd senior citizen apt. They were in gov't housing, and they have rules about occupants, etc. But come on - the woman lost her husband, and you want her to pack and move her whole life in 2 weeks!??!

So I spent the weekend packing stuff - the guys did the heavy lifting. What a PITA to have to do it, though. :

Sorry about the taxes, Kate. You're scaring me - this is the first year I've been self-employed. I don't want to have to render anything to Caesar, thankyouverymuch. We've always gotten a refund. I'm hoping our little deductions (i.e. the kids lol) will help us at least not have to pay out anything. We've been dragging our feet and i haven't made the appt with our tax guy... I bet we can't even get in before Apr 15. And if we file an extension and have to pay? Ugh. I don't want to think about it. *covering ears" LALALALLALALALALALA

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#26 of 161 Old 03-16-2009, 12:23 PM

I think I need a weekend to recover from this past BUSY weekend!

Today... I feel like I went skiing or downhill biking or worked out a a gym all day yesterday - SERIOUSLY! My whole body aches!

Things DH and I accomplished this weekend -
Bought a new Loveseat for the living room (which is completely done with renovations - YAY!)
Bought a new bedframe - SUPER YAY!
Picked up new doorknob and sink faucet for bathroom
Got new window shades for the living room
Sorted and cleared ALL CONSTRUCTION/PAINTING equipment from inside our house YAY!
Cleared out any remaining items from bedrooms to prepare for new carpet to be installed on tuesday (with the exception of a few larger items that we'll move out tonight)
Picked up a color to paint our kitchen (my mom and SD are coming to visit for the day this saturday to help with the painting... it's a very small kitchen, so it shouldn't take more than the day)
Stored some of the items for the baby that we won't need right away up in out attic (high-chair, convertible car seat, bumbo chair etc)
Sorted new baby clothes by size (yay)
Washed A GAZILLION blankets..... really, how many blankets does a baby need? and what do I do with all the extra ones that I couldn't return? Any ideas crafty ladies? I could give half of what I have to goodwill and STILL have too many!
and the biggest project of all....
CLEARED AND ORGANIZED THE ENTIRE SHED WITH DH
I mean... mounting pegboard to hang tools and machines. Lots of walking and moving things and bending and lifting. UGH. I so wanted to just be a lump in the house and fold baby things... but I really enjoy working on projects like this with DH, and while it wasn't easy to do in my pregnant state, I'm proud that I stuck with it and we finished it together.
INSTALLED THE INFANT SEAT BASE. yay. Did it all by myself, DH checked it to be sure... I ASKED that he check it, and it's solid! YAY!

I celebrated with a very big bowl of ice cream!
:

unfortunately.... the things remaining on the TO DO list are still quite extensive... but we're making progress!

Oh... I have an ultrasound this week to size up the baby! (well, from what I understand, it's all just a guess, but I'm excited to see the little one on screen again for sure!)

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#27 of 161 Old 03-16-2009, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the tax hugs . I find that it has opened up a whole new can of worms for things that need to be done before baby comes, so Yes, my list is getting longer. I need to contact DHS about baby's healthcare, too. At the hospitals here they just have someone come sign baby up, but being at the bc, I don't know what the protocol is.

Today's my last day of work :.

Dawn, I'm sure your EIC/child credit will offset a lot...if we'd had a baby last year we'd likely be fine.

Azrieal, thanks for the tip on getting a payment plan set up before 4/15...did you have to call to set it up?

Well, everyone have a good day...I'm going to the Chiro :. I just hope one visit does it, because it's not covered by my insurance and I can only afford to go once! :

#28 of 161 Old 03-16-2009, 02:51 PM

Well, my list keeps getting longer too...seems the more I get done, the more I find there is to do. I REALLY have to get the tax stuff together for the accountant this week. It takes him forever, and though we haven't owed yet, I am afraid we might this year, and I don't want to file late or be figuring it all out at the last minute...

I AM SLEEPY. Anyone else?

Also trying to remembering how I felt before the other 2 were born, but I don't...bummer....

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#29 of 161 Old 03-16-2009, 03:04 PM

Dawn, if you owe you have to pay by April. You can file an extension and pay est tax. All the extension does is give you more time to get the paperwork to the IRS the $$ is due April 15. My sister is a tax accountant

Kate, yeah there's a # somewhere on the tax forms. Just give them a call to set up the payment plan.

I have the car seat stuff in the wash : I need to find our car seat sack though. I don't really see that hapopening though so we might just be using blankets for the time being

My face is breaking out too, and my back : not very happy about it but in the past it has meant not too long for baby. I swear I can actually feel the increased hormones all churning around. I said something about it to dh the other day and he said he noticed it too but didn't want to say anything for fear it would set me off

I have the hormones going, break outs, loose stools, increaed discharge, baby feels low, and baby feels like its trying to burrow its head into my vagina, weird nesting bursts (I cleaned my pantry over the weekend), decreased appitate, small waves of nausea, not wanting to go anywhere and only wanting to be around dh and wanting to be around him all the time (much to his dismay)
yeah I don't think I'm going to make it until April 9, and if I do make it that long I might just be living alone

#30 of 161 Old 03-16-2009, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
yeah I don't think I'm going to make it until April 9, and if I do make it that long I might just be living alone

Seriously, I never thought of the skin stuff, but mine has looked HORRIBLE the last week or so. That and the low crampiness on occasion is very reminiscent of PMS.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page