Nesting (xpost) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-15-2009, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just asked this ? on the March board, but figured BTDT mamma's might remember as well. It's been 3 years so I don't remember the answer for myself but...

How many of you had nesting going on before giving birth?

How long until you gave birth from when the nesting urge started?

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#2 of 9 Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 PM

I'm in May DDC, but i can tell you that i just HAD to organize the closet today, as well as the TV cabinate and i HAD to scrub under the kitchen sink.

Up till now i don't think i have had any particular nesting feelings, but i guess it has started in the last few days.
I am 9 weeks from EDD.

SAHM to 5 cats, a crazy toddler and my new baby girl born at home 3/12/12.

#3 of 9 Old 03-15-2009, 09:45 PM

I can't reflect on my last nesting, as it was over 10 years ago but I'm a few days over 35 weeks, and nesty like mad. I put my birth kit together yesterday, pulled the board books down from the attic along with other items, washed everything, and examined everything for dust. Today, I cleaned my oven, put new foil on the thingies that fit under the stovetop burners, cleaned out the fridge - majorly - as in dumped old condiments and recycled the bottles, and cleaned/ reorganized under the kitchen sink. I continued with laundry which I will probably do until bedtime. When I get off here, I plan to cut up old towels for perineal compresses.

I have had the need to organize for a couple of months now, but this is different - like, endless supplies of energy devoted exclusively to the aim of cleaning and organizing.

Oh, and babe is not allowed to come until week 38, and I have told her so.
#4 of 9 Old 03-15-2009, 10:20 PM

Don't remember the other two pregnancies but I've definitely had a burst recently and I was 37 weeks on Wednesday... so we'll see.
#5 of 9 Old 03-15-2009, 10:27 PM

This is my first pg...I would say I've been having a lot of nesting urges for the last month or so. Maybe more in the last couple of weeks. There was the day when I took down and washed and ironed all the curtains in the house and made curtains for a window that had nasty miniblinds. That was a whirlwind. But no baby yet.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#6 of 9 Old 03-15-2009, 10:38 PM

ive been nesting on and off. ill get a huge spurt of energy, clean, and then turn around and everything is a mess again. i plan to go into a cleaning frenzy in early labor and tell people if they mess it up, they don't even want to know what will happen to them!

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#7 of 9 Old 03-15-2009, 11:12 PM

^

That's me exactly.
#8 of 9 Old 03-16-2009, 11:20 AM

I've been nesting since the beginning of February! I think about a month of good nesting is what I've had before. I'm due at the end of April but this is my third and I feel he/she will come at the beginning of April.

This time I am *cleaning* much more, last times I organized and did projects but I've never cleaned like this!

I went back and read my two pregnancy journals and found I had a major burst of energy the day before I went into labor both times. Like I organized all day and then went on a long walk. So I'll be looking out for that this time.
#9 of 9 Old 03-16-2009, 12:55 PM

I didn't have traditional nesting with DS, but I was working full time and too exhausted to do anything when I got home every night. I did "nest" in a different way though. I just posted this on the days before labor thread, but I totally cleared my schedule of all responsibilities within a week before DS was born. He came early so I had no reason to cancel some of the commitments I had, but I just felt like I needed to! lol The biggest one being I quit work just three days before he was born when I was originally planning on working till my due date, or until he was born. I guess the extreme back pain I got from sitting at my desk all day helped with that decision, but I still felt this need to quit then instead of just tough it out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page