Low back pain - ouch! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-16-2009, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday, I felt like I was getting sick (chilled, tired, etc.) and last night I had some BHs that were stronger than usual. This morning when I got out of bed, I noticed throbbing in my lower back. I can hardly walk! And I had so many plans for this week. I was going to return DS's shoes to babies r us, get some EPO, among other things. Now I'm trying to get a referral to see a chiropractor ASAP and my OB's office is on lunch break!

I talked to my mom, and she asked me if I was sure it wasn't early back labor?!! Well, what if it is? I'm not having any contractions at all, but I did have more discharge and BMs the last few days and again this morning.

BACK PAIN - here's what I'm feeling: burning/occasional throbbing that sends sharp pains into my hips. I have to seriously waddle to walk anywhere. I can hardly lift my purse when standing. I'm not even considering lifting DS. DH is home today so can do all that for me!

What do you girls think? Does it sound like I just need an adjustment or does it sound like something more? (I've got shower curtains in the wash and am doing rugs after that. What else do I need to do...)

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
#2 of 6 Old 03-16-2009, 03:06 PM

sounds like plain 'ol pregnancy back pain to me. Is the baby lower today?

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#3 of 6 Old 03-16-2009, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

I don't think the baby's dropped any. My back never hurt like this with my last one. I really hope I can see the chiro today. I can't function like this! I can hardly do my laundry, much less cook or run errands. I don't want to lay in bed all day.

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
#4 of 6 Old 03-16-2009, 04:16 PM

I hope you can see the chiro.

Try icing in the meantime and laying on your side with a pillow between your knees and ankles, easier said than done with a lo running around I know. That's what they told me to do for my back (I probably have a herniated disk)

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#5 of 6 Old 03-16-2009, 05:10 PM

Yeah, that doesn't sound like back labor, that sounds like something needs to be adjusted. Good luck getting into the chiro soon!
#6 of 6 Old 03-16-2009, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Here's hoping I can get in tomorrow. My OB's office called back and are setting up a referral for me with a chiro. I called to get an appt. set up and they're not open today! I left a pathetic sounding message for them so hopefully they'll call me with a good spot IN THE MORNING. I'm in so much pain...DH took DS to the park for a stroll and I couldn't go. And we can't go out tonight either. I guess I better go rummage around for something for dinner, if I can hobble my way in there.

Please pray this is something that can easily be fixed so I can be my merry 37-week self again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page