Anyone feeling close? Or just wanna obsess? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 03-18-2009, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
not too anxious...but I think it's because I have a feeling this baby is going to term and beyond. I'm guessing 4/4...we'll see. That's still only a little over 2 weeks away!!
Yikes! That's perspective, isn't it!? 2 weeks... I can live with heartburn and waddling and peeing every three minutes for two more weeks. Could live with almost anything for two more weeks, for the reward this brings, right?

I keep remembering what I used to tell anxious mamas when I was a doula: "Right now, taking care of your baby is the easiest it will ever be in your life... once s/he's here, that changes completely!"

So while I'm really uncomfortable, and part of me is most definitely impatient, I know I can wait. Thanks for the perspective, Kate!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 03-18-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Dawn View Post
Thanks for the perspective, Kate!
anytime Of course I think the truth is that I just haven't reached that state of extreme discomfort that I hear people talk about...hope that doesn't mean a 42 weeker

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#33 of 38 Old 03-18-2009, 02:35 PM

Fairymom: I'm so sorry. Hugs to you and hang in there! I'm feeling overwhelmed for you for all you want to get done and while under such physical stress. I understand a little about having so much to do and hurting too much to do it. I pray you can be encouraged in these last days (yes, days!) enough to enjoy being a mom to 4 such BEAUTIFUL children and feel better about the timing of the entry of your fifth. Congrats on dealing so well with your GD so far. Try to relax as much as you can. You're almost 37 weeks! Again, you have a gorgeous family!

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
#34 of 38 Old 03-18-2009, 02:40 PM

Can I join too?? I am a professional pot watcher! Every little thing that happens gets me thinking, "Could this be it? Could I go early?" My mom was over a week past her due date with me and two weeks past with my younger sister. Don't know if that has any bearing on how/when I will go into labor. On March 31st I'll be 37 weeks and able to have a waterbirth at the hospital. So that's what I'm hoping for!
#35 of 38 Old 03-18-2009, 02:43 PM

About how I'm feeling these days: ready! I'm trying not to watch this pot (though it's hard to ignore!). I'm trying not to be discouraged about the braxton hicks dropping off significantly in the past few days, and not being able to feel my cervix hardly at all a few days ago (must be pretty posterior). My back is much better but still really sore so I'm trying to take it easier, but I have ENERGY today and want to get so much done! I'm cleaning off porches, de-cluttering here and there, wanting to plant some pretty flowers and herbs in my pots, ... is this the burst of energy that happens right before labor begins? So, I'm obsessing... I can't help it! I'm almost 38 weeks!

Hang in there, girls! We're almost there!

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
#36 of 38 Old 03-18-2009, 03:11 PM

Fairymom:

Sorry about the "4 children" thing. I had seen pictures of Fruitful Womb's kiddos and with my preggo brain transferred them to you (I think it was the fact that you both have names that begin with an "F"). You have 5 and are expecting #6 - that's wonderful. I'm the oldest of 9 and love it!

#37 of 38 Old 03-18-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
anytime Of course I think the truth is that I just haven't reached that state of extreme discomfort that I hear people talk about...hope that doesn't mean a 42 weeker
Could just mean a smaller baby. My third was a peanut, and I didn't have any of the usual discomfort stuff... I was packing and moving in the 8th month!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#38 of 38 Old 03-18-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Dawn View Post
Could just mean a smaller baby. My third was a peanut, and I didn't have any of the usual discomfort stuff... I was packing and moving in the 8th month!
Yeah...I'm really thinking that she's not more than 7 lbs 8 oz...possibly more like 6 lbs 8 ozs. We'll see...I was 7lbs 8ozs, my brother was 8 lbs 8 ozs...not bad considering my mom was a smoker. DH was only 4 lbs 9 oz, but he was a huge 30 weeker...she could just fit well .

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page