Weekly Chat: 3-22 to 3-29 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 189 Old 03-25-2009, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
OK, so my only question that I have for you ladies since I dont want to get into a heated discussion about this since I already feel : from all this is - 1. is Cooper good for an adult? and 2. I dont mind sharing this and some of you have seen it on facebook anyway, but our last name is Anderson. Cooper Anderson. The complete opposite, but makes you instantly think of Anderson Cooper the news anchor. Is that horrible? I really like the other names still too though. ARGH!!!!
I didn't think of Anderson Cooper until you mentioned it...and there will be enough Coopers around when he's an adult that it will be a fine grown-up name (not too many, but enough ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post
[B]
You bother doing the cleaning blitz ? Kudos, Kate!
It's not a big one, but when DH cleans he's so distracted (which I've learned is a side effect of his Grave's Disease when untreated...the dr. said having that much extra thyroid is like being on cocaine) it takes him 10 times as long to do anything, so he thinks I've done hours worth of work .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
I confess that I planned this pregnancy around softball season and missed opening day by only a month.

I'm tired today...my SIL and nephews came down for a nice visit and they've worn me out. We went to the thrift stores and Trader Joe's and visited DH at work and went to the park. phew. I need a nap . Plus, I mopped the floor this morning and I wanted to make sure it was dry before the boys got here and so I took a big towel and shuffled around the kitchen and dining room drying the floor with my feet and now my pubic bone is KILLING me. Ugh.

And I need a snack.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#182 of 189 Old 03-25-2009, 07:53 PM

I think we're getting closer to having this baby. I finally feel "ready" after weeks of thinking "NOT YET, oh please, oh please, I'm not ready, not yet, baby."

So, we've gotten past all the important things (other than taxes , and I feel like baby has all of our permission to come any time he's ready.

Plus, the hormones have gone wacko the last 3 or 4 days... and I feel sorry for my poor husband who's gotten the brunt of it.

Energy is doing the extreme peak and valley thing that it always does in the days before I birth.

I did check myself today to see if the nightly cramping is doing anything. I'm 2cms and 50%. So, things are moving along.

I'm 38w5, and my last babe was born at 39w4d. Plus, it's STORMING today and tomorrow here in Dallas.... and my uterus is feeling it.

If I don't birth tonight (which would be SO IDEAL... since it's a special date in our family)... I'm heading to the chiro in the morning.

But I would just love to birth tonight for sentimental reasons... but it's up to baby. He may want his own special date... and if that's the case, I'll be OK with that too.

Quote:
is Cooper good for an adult? Cooper Anderson. The complete opposite, but makes you instantly think of Anderson Cooper the news anchor.
Yes, I like it for an adult, and no, it doesn't make me think of Anderson Cooper. It's a great name.
#183 of 189 Old 03-25-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregnant_Midwife View Post
I think we're getting closer to having this baby. I finally feel "ready" after weeks of thinking "NOT YET, oh please, oh please, I'm not ready, not yet, baby."

So, we've gotten past all the important things (other than taxes , and I feel like baby has all of our permission to come any time he's ready.

Plus, the hormones have gone wacko the last 3 or 4 days... and I feel sorry for my poor husband who's gotten the brunt of it.

Energy is doing the extreme peak and valley thing that it always does in the days before I birth.

I did check myself today to see if the nightly cramping is doing anything. I'm 2cms and 50%. So, things are moving along.

I'm 38w5, and my last babe was born at 39w4d. Plus, it's STORMING today and tomorrow here in Dallas.... and my uterus is feeling it.

If I don't birth tonight (which would be SO IDEAL... since it's a special date in our family)... I'm heading to the chiro in the morning.

But I would just love to birth tonight for sentimental reasons... but it's up to baby. He may want his own special date... and if that's the case, I'll be OK with that too.
: labor vibes for tonight...

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#184 of 189 Old 03-25-2009, 08:27 PM

I started the day with great ambitions and a good start on my "to do" list (sewed a new hotpack, sewed some wipes, organized in the crawlspace and hunted for my still MIA ring sling), went to the chiro, then my husband's grandfather called very disoriented and we spent 5 hours with him unsuccessfully trying to convince him to go to the hospital for assessment

I'm off to diner with my grandmother and other extended family, and can't wait for bedtime tonight!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#185 of 189 Old 03-25-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post
I started the day with great ambitions and a good start on my "to do" list (sewed a new hotpack, sewed some wipes, organized in the crawlspace and hunted for my still MIA ring sling), went to the chiro, then my husband's grandfather called very disoriented and we spent 5 hours with him unsuccessfully trying to convince him to go to the hospital for assessment

I'm off to diner with my grandmother and other extended family, and can't wait for bedtime tonight!
Awwww...sorry you had a rough day! I had good intentions this morning too, but DS has been sick and clingy and whiny all day. I need to go to bed too. As soon as DH gets home I'm handing off our LO (who is asleep on the sofa) and hitting the hay too!

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#186 of 189 Old 03-25-2009, 10:07 PM

wow, I have missed a lot during the day off the computer!

As for mommy friends. I really needed some and it took me a while to find the "right" ones. I don't need a lot, but a few. I found I didn't "fit in" at all with the SAHMs OR the F/T WOH moms. (I am a full-time PhD student mom, and have always had my son in about 15 hours a week of childcare of various types). I fell into some weird middle ground and felt at times sort of crazy b/c of it... also I felt like I was kind of being "judged" by both groups. People would always say things like, "I could never do all that", which I think is supposed to be a compliment, but which can feel, after you hear it for the 200th time, like a criticism. I have honestly spent a lot of my 4 1/2 years as a mom feeling kind of squeezed between everything, YET, I love my time with my son, and I love my time in grad school and I wouldn't give them up. I have moment of dread wondering how I will ever keep up this balancing act with two kids. I also often wish I had more family around, I think its just crazy that we parent in total isolation like this. I also fantasize that if I had more money it would be easier, but I am not sure thats even entirely true (SOME things would be easier though, really they would!)

I can't wait to eat chocolate and ice cream, and all the other delicious things you ladies have mentioned. GD has removed some of the last little indulgences a pregnant woman can have- there is not much left to confess! I think I am going to pay for a massage once a week until I have the baby. A friend of mine is doing them in the neighborhood for a very good price.

dissertating mom to three

#187 of 189 Old 03-25-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregnant_Midwife View Post
I'm not far from you - I'm in Denton! I'm using Dr. Fred Cummings at Denton Presby for a VBAC, and I'm also 38 wks, 5 days! Aren't you loving the thunderstorms?

I hope you have your baby tonight. Let us know about any progress!

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
#188 of 189 Old 03-25-2009, 11:59 PM

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback :-D. I'm pretty happy with Cooper now and I know DH is as well! Like you said Amy, one of the reasons that I'm so excited to have this baby is to finally know his name!!

O cannot believe how close we are to April! I also can't believe that we haven't had TOO manuy babies yet. I was on the March DDC quite often in February and I really think tjhey had A LOT of their babies in February. Its coming soon enough for all of us and that's exciting!!

Married to my best friend partners.gif Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two dog2.gif  Remembering angel1.gif 3/2008

****5***heartbeat.gif 10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#189 of 189 Old 03-26-2009, 10:10 AM

Moved to daily chat for Thurs 3.26....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page