Vision Vent - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-25-2009, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have one pair of contact lenses left (I use the disposables). My eyes have gotten fuzzy and I feel like I may need a new prescription, but was advised by old eye doctor to wait until about 6 wks after baby is born to let vision "settle". I don't want to see the one I used last time, it cost an arm and a leg. So I go to Walmart to order another set of lenses to tide me over until then, but I can't order anymore b/c my prescription has expired! I have to see the doctor and get a new one just to order more lenses for myself! So the doctor "owns" MY prescription???!!!

I guess I'm stuck. If I tear or lose my current pair, I'm on my last ones and I don't like that feeling. I don't have current glasses I can wear, either. And I'm about to have a baby, for crying out loud.

Okay, I feel a LITTLE better. Thanks for letting me vent.

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
#2 of 9 Old 03-25-2009, 03:58 PM

hmmm, I am the vision trouble queen...lol

Here is my suggestion...can you go to the doctor you used last time, and ask him for an extra set to tide you over until after the baby comes? I did this since my prescription is expired also, and they gave me a couple of sets. Nothing says you ave to go back there any way, but they usually will give you a sample...

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#3 of 9 Old 03-25-2009, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
As a fellow contact lens wearer, I know the frustration. I'd see if you can get your doctor to give you just one pair (they might have a sample they can even give you) just to tide you over until you can have your next exam at 6 weeks post partum, per his/her advice.

Sorry !

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#4 of 9 Old 03-25-2009, 04:05 PM

oh what a pain! i hope what others suggested works out for you

i only wear glasses and my eys have been worse while pregnant. I haven't been to the eye dr in a while and need a new prescription, but i know it's pointless for me to go right now

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#5 of 9 Old 03-25-2009, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks - I'll do that if I do indeed get down to one pair left. I hope they carry my strength in the office. It's so strong they always have to order it for me.

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
#6 of 9 Old 03-26-2009, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I just realized that I posted at the same time as goodmomma76, oops!!

I hope you get the lenses you need!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#7 of 9 Old 03-26-2009, 11:53 AM

ha! I read the posts...but didn't even realize we posted at the same time....PG BRAIN

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#8 of 9 Old 03-26-2009, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Canada)

Eyewear is considered 'prescription' in the US but not in Canada. If thats an option for you, you can just get one or two more pairs to tie you over.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#9 of 9 Old 03-26-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmomma76 View Post
hmmm, I am the vision trouble queen...lol

Here is my suggestion...can you go to the doctor you used last time, and ask him for an extra set to tide you over until after the baby comes? I did this since my prescription is expired also, and they gave me a couple of sets. Nothing says you ave to go back there any way, but they usually will give you a sample...
I agree. Maybe you can wear your most pregnant looking outfit and waddle into the docs and get a couple sympathy packs!! Maybe grab your sides and look uncomfortable while youre waiting?

With dd1, my vision was horrible. Like no night driving at all-horrible, but my eye doc said the same thing, it happens to preg women and you go back to normal 6 wks after.
Good luck!

wife. dd1 : dd2

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page