Daily Chat Sunday 3/29! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let me start by saying OW! I've been having contractions about every 3-5 minutes lasting 40-60 seconds since about 2AM and they're getting downright hurty! This better be the real deal. We're supposed to meet our midwife at the birth center at around 8AM (assuming the ctx don't slow down). Wish me luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 11:51 AM

Oh Mama!!!!! That's great!! : I'll be thinking of you today. That was really the news I needed to hear; I am so fricking grouchy today and have NO energy. I just told my husband, I'm grouchy today and I'm just going to BE grouchy. I'm not fighting it.

I'm tired of being tired and huge and uncomfortable.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#3 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Congrats mischievium! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the contractions don't slow down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
I'm tired of being tired and huge and uncomfortable.
YES!! I just want to sleep at night. I always sleep better with a newborn waking me up to nurse constantly then being uncomfortable, pg and having to pee every hour. All I want to do is sit on the couch and not move, not really an option when you have other children in the house.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#4 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 12:45 PM

Good luck mischevium!! Thinking of you ::

And I forget who had the bank card fraud, but I also had some a few years ago, and the bank refunded all of the money after a quick investigation. I had to sign an affidavit that said I had no part in the fraudulent transactions, and they told me that they reviewed security camera data from where the fake card was used to make sure it wasn't me (not to mention that it was across the country and would have been totally impossible for me to do!). I hope your situation is resolved smoothly

Amy, I hope you get some rest today.

I'm surrounding myself with positivity today. I put on a nice outfit, and told my husband "Thanks, I think I look good today, too!". Of course Neela told me that I looked beautiful (totally unprompted). I'm off to vacuum, then to stock up on groceries.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#5 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Best wishes and congrats Mischievium!!!!

I slept nice and late today and am feeling great right now! I hope it lasts.

Sorry you are feeling crabby Amy, I know I have those days too.

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#6 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 02:02 PM

Amy--I am having a grouchy day too! I wonder if it's because it's raining here? I went to empty a trash can spilled it on the floor and now I have to vacuum even though I just did yesterday. ARG

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#7 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 02:26 PM

Grouchy here today too! And not fighting it either. Been dealing with CXs that go nowhere for 2 days and then today nothing. I'm done.

On a different note tried to stay busy and optimistic yesterday and got lots done- ran errands, washed cds, and just in general finish my lists hoping everything would pick up.Tried RRP tea- nope nothing worked. Blah!

It's sunny but cold here today- 25f degrees. And there is nothing to do. Is it possible to just me so bored?
#8 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 02:46 PM

I TRIED sooo hard to have a good day yesterday, but it just wasn't in the cards.
I fought with someone on facebook about her negative attitude about birth and to 'keep her bad thoughts away from me' Let me be in my positive bubble people!!!

for all the grouchies

Where does it say on mdc that you can't post when your in active labour? I can't find this anywhere.

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#9 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 02:59 PM

I found the post thru the link on the other thread. Brain not working right now so can't think of titles but found the info long and confusing- again w/the baby brain. If anyone else read it and understood it better then I did can you explain more clearly?

I guess my questions come done to- what you can and can not post while in "active" labor? and what qualifies as "active" labor- for ex. water breaking but no CXs doesn't mean to me I'm in active labor. My water broke w/ds4 and I had no CXs for 2 days but would've liked to be able to ask for suggestions on how to get there- into "active" labor that is. And am I violating for asking for suggestions on how to go from "prelabor"/"early" labor to "active" labor?

I kind of understand on the UC aspect and not posting but at the same time if I am feeling up to typing while in "active" labor and bored why can't I? This is kind of null and avoid as I am having a hospital birth anyways but I guess just thinking out loud.

Ok rambling and not making sense- what is wrong with my brain today?!

ETA: I found the name of the thread and the poster w/the link- whoo hoo water broke! and poster is MelW.
#10 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawncayden View Post
Where does it say on mdc that you can't post when your in active labour? I can't find this anywhere.
As near as I can tell, it started in the UC Forum; there was a thread closed. Then a long thread in Questions and Suggestions (also closed now), where the admin. were promising to clarify the policy (not to mention "define" what constitutes 'active labor').

The main issue, so far as I could tell, was people posting on MDC for "medical" advice instead of going to a health care provider. I'm pretty sure that if one were in labor and just wanted to chat it wouldn't be an issue.

ETA Found this in the general Birth and Beyond forum

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1062673

which seems to bear out that you can post so long as you're not asking for advice.

Mom of two girls.
#11 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post
Let me start by saying OW! I've been having contractions about every 3-5 minutes lasting 40-60 seconds since about 2AM and they're getting downright hurty! This better be the real deal. We're supposed to meet our midwife at the birth center at around 8AM (assuming the ctx don't slow down). Wish me luck!
Eeek! GL!! : Hope this is it!

We had donuts for breakfast :. Actually, for me it was second breakfast (I make myself eat something healthy first).

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#12 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 04:16 PM

I'm tired, tired, tired.

I sleep okay at night. It's just a fight to move during the day - and I don't have a choice. Things need to be done! Put away, cleaned, organized.

My super-mom (god-bless her soul) was supposed to come back one last time before the baby came to help... but we all forgot about my stepsisters ds's 2nd b-day yesterday. So there I was cleaning baseboards, moving and sorting through storage bins (while DH ripped up old floor in our bathroom and installed new stuff! YAY). I was beyond overwhelmed with the scope of work in the AM but sucked it up and made great progress... although I'm definitely feeling it today. There's STILL more to do... but by god - I WILL GET IT DONE TODAY.... because I'm hoping for the baby to arrive next weekend. We'll see!

Have a great sunday everyone!

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#13 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 04:40 PM

yay mischievium!!

i'm having lots of pressure still, som cx but nothing consistent.

my DD is sick - high fever, cold stuff.

i just want to return to some normalcy. i hate feeling like i'm on hold!!
#14 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2be_k View Post
I'm tired, tired, tired.

I sleep okay at night. It's just a fight to move during the day - and I don't have a choice. Things need to be done! Put away, cleaned, organized.

My super-mom (god-bless her soul) was supposed to come back one last time before the baby came to help... but we all forgot about my stepsisters ds's 2nd b-day yesterday. So there I was cleaning baseboards, moving and sorting through storage bins (while DH ripped up old floor in our bathroom and installed new stuff! YAY). I was beyond overwhelmed with the scope of work in the AM but sucked it up and made great progress... although I'm definitely feeling it today. There's STILL more to do... but by god - I WILL GET IT DONE TODAY.... because I'm hoping for the baby to arrive next weekend. We'll see!

Have a great sunday everyone!
GL! Try not to wear yourself out too thoroughly.

I just had a weird realization...now when people ask me when the baby's due instead of saying "a couple of weeks" or "next month" I can just say "thursday." weird

#15 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post
Hoping baby has arrived or is arriving soon!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claras_mom View Post
As near as I can tell, it started in the UC Forum; there was a thread closed. Then a long thread in Questions and Suggestions (also closed now), where the admin. were promising to clarify the policy (not to mention "define" what constitutes 'active labor').

The main issue, so far as I could tell, was people posting on MDC for "medical" advice instead of going to a health care provider. I'm pretty sure that if one were in labor and just wanted to chat it wouldn't be an issue.

ETA Found this in the general Birth and Beyond forum

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1062673

which seems to bear out that you can post so long as you're not asking for advice.
This was my thought too...if you just want to chat while in active labor then I'm sure it's just fine...I'm sure I won't want to as last time I was in the zone...but you never know!

I missed alot yesterday. We did end up having a good day, busy, but good. I'm sorry for the mammas who couldn't make it work, there's always the next day. We took DD to ballet, then ate lunch out and went to the natural living health expo, then home for resttime, then back out to jumpin jacks so DD could release some energy! Today has been good too. Went to church, got groceries and DH is cleaning the house Yeah! We are going to babies R us later to look at boosters for DD. No baby stuff going on which is good, she needs to stay in there for another 10 days!

For Heather who posted yesterday about the cold sores...I had a bad run with them and even l-lysine wouldn't take it away so my chiro physician suggested drinking once a day 1 cup of water with 1tbs of apple cider vinegar and honey to taste. It is sooo gross...but after 3 days they were completely gone and havn't returned. It is all natural stuff so I like this better than the l-lysine anyway! I drank a sip of juice before I downed the stuff and then chased it with a cup of juice after..seemed to help the yucky taste. You may want to look into it!
#16 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 04:41 PM

Hello mamas! How's your weekend going?

Mischevium, good luck! Hope your labor is going well or your already holding your little one!

Mel, sounds like you've got the right attitude!

I needed some distraction today. I've had a couple bouts of what seems like practice labor, which I've never had before with my pg. I'm trying not to analyze every little twinge and sensation. I took my littlest one (3yr) to the mall yesterday and treated us both to new Crocs and DQ Blizzards. That was my little pick me up and it worked!

We went out today to look at playgrounds for the kids. We went to three stores and I walked alot! I told hubby I was coming home to eat and sleep.

Quote:
It says that you cannot "seek advice" while in active labor. I don't see where it says you can't post.

Good luck mamas! This is getting so excited! And I feel like I'm not alone in it. I haven't been here very long during my pg but it has been a blessing to be able to read and chat with you all.
#17 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 04:45 PM

Lindsay: that sounds like the most fun and laid back baby shower ever! I love baby showers but they do tend to get a little bit stuffy sometimes.

Mischevium: this is it- woohoo! Wishing you a quick and easy one. You can post away apparently.

Clara's mom: thank you for doing our research for us to get some clarification on the issue. Now it makes sense. I mean honestly, how could they tell if you are in labor anyway, but I guess I can see that as a liability in case medical advice is sought or issued...

I was looking at birth stories yesterday and got the bright idea to look for a birth with squat bar because I want to at least try that at the hospital. Unfortunately it brought me to a site with lots of birth videos, some lovely, some rather horrific. It basically got me really anxious and upset, sort of like watching a rape or something. I had trouble sleeping last night because I was so agitated. Now I'm feeling kind of scared like I was the first time, like I don't want to go into labor. I think I need to listen to some affirmations today.

My doctor AND my doula are out of town next Fri and Sat, so lets hope baby stays put until after they are back; I hate the thought of delivering with strangers with no support (besides DH of course who is wonderful but is a man after all).

:Lastly, I am SO GLAD that I found this site after my miscarriage. The support and fellowship here really helped me get through it. Its just been a Godsend in dealing with so many issues with my toddler, breastfeeding, learning about circumcision, educating myself about birth and homeopathics and even saving money and first aid tips! I am so happy to have this board too and to have connected with like-minded mamas (and some far out mamas too- lol). :

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#18 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherweh View Post

:Lastly, I am SO GLAD that I found this site after my miscarriage. The support and fellowship here really helped me get through it. Its just been a Godsend in dealing with so many issues with my toddler, breastfeeding, learning about circumcision, educating myself about birth and homeopathics and even saving money and first aid tips! I am so happy to have this board too and to have connected with like-minded mamas (and some far out mamas too- lol). :
I'm glad you found support here! I also wanted to be sure you saw my above post about your cold sores...I know how annoying they can be and DD did end up with one due to me forgetting about not kissing her...
#19 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 04:54 PM

I MDC, too. It makes me feel so mainstream

It's a beautiful sunny day outside. The house is cleaned, the fridge is stocked with groceries, and we're going to the park after lunch. My husband thinks it's not warm enough for a picnic, so we're taking an "afternoon snack-nic" instead.

#20 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 06:34 PM

I'm so grouchy and sleep deprived. GRR. I've had ctx three nights in a row now, but they're not productive. They're just... annoying. And wake me up. I've never ever had prodromal labor with any of my kiddos. Totally new to me. Dang, I have much more sympathy now! I keep wishing for a "REAL" ctx already. Because these achey low-belly, low-back things? Crampy but not, ya know, IT, yet? *sigh*

So exciting to see so many mamas heading toward the finish line, though!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#21 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 06:47 PM

mischievium: YAY - hope you're holding your little one by now or well on your way! :

Sounds like nearly everyone's doing great! It is a lovely day here, too. I feel good, actually, despite being 5 days away from due date and no signs at all yet. Maybe I'll be on of those that goes into labor with no warning and everything goes fast and wonderfully!

Congrats to Stephanie and little Eden MaryAnn - another April baby in March! :

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
#22 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
I'm glad you found support here! I also wanted to be sure you saw my above post about your cold sores...I know how annoying they can be and DD did end up with one due to me forgetting about not kissing her...
Thanks Shine! Its like they're just the pre-cold sore or something, basically I just get little cracks in the corners of my mouth. But yes, Abreva isn't even working and as soon as one side is good the other side is cracked.

I'll try that vinegar (oh yuck). I think I read its also supposed to help with heartburn/reflux which has been my biggest problem this pregnancy. I've been doing aloe juice and baking soda water and it really cant get much worse than those disgusting little remedies.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#23 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 07:19 PM

I'm feeling very miserable. I want this pg to hurry up and be over with I had yet another night of do nothing ctx. There were a few "real" feeling ones in there and for awhile I was hopeful it was happening but nope

I'm feeling really sorry for myself today

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#24 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
I'm feeling very miserable. I want this pg to hurry up and be over with I had yet another night of do nothing ctx. There were a few "real" feeling ones in there and for awhile I was hopeful it was happening but nope

...soon, Azreial, soon.

#25 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post

I hear ya. Same experience, past three nights...

And today, I laid down for an hour (so so tired) - had some pretty painful and intense ctx the whole hour while I'm TRYING to sleep - got up, they disappeared. WTH??

I'm just so tired. This is ridiculous. If nothing happens before I go to bed tonight, I'm taking Benadryl. Two always knock me out.

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#26 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 09:10 PM

Azreial and MI Dawn. I hope you can both get some rest. Prodromal labour is so annoying and exhausting!!

#27 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
I just had a weird realization...now when people ask me when the baby's due instead of saying "a couple of weeks" or "next month" I can just say "thursday." weird
That is so awesome. But I know what you mean about weird; I was thinking when I go back to work tomorrow, I can say "next week" if people ask. That just sounds so...imminent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Dawn View Post
I'm so grouchy and sleep deprived. GRR. I keep wishing for a "REAL" ctx already. Because these achey low-belly, low-back things? Crampy but not, ya know, IT, yet? *sigh*
So right there with you. I had that all day today but in my mind can't really call them contractions. I don't know what they are, but I just keep hoping it means something's going on down there! I wish I had the "Baby come out!" Hypnobabies CD because I'd be listening to it every day if I did!

I've been taking a skullcap tincture the past two nights, and it really does help. Especially if I refrain from chocolate like I know I should. :

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#28 of 32 Old 03-29-2009, 10:18 PM

Oh gross, sick, disgusting. I just drank that cup of warm water with tbsp apple cider vinegar. It sort of hurt going down, I think instant reflux. I finished it off with 2oz aloe juice and then a cup of cool water with baking soda. I am really ready to be done with this psychotic heartburn and reflux; the chest pain is keeping me up at night, I can't even enjoy eating (and its my last chance to pig out)!

#29 of 32 Old 03-30-2009, 01:31 AM

heatherweh ...I love food and this makes me sad...hoping your baby drops in time for you to enjoy a few awesome meals :

Well, I walked again today, but can't go to far from a bathroom, so it was short by necessity. I got chocolate om the way home, but wth? :

I've got a new stretching sensation today...the inside of my hips right where the belly pops out...hoping this means she's getting ready to move down.

I have to say that I'm still feeling okay, so I can bear it awhile...but I'm just so ready to meet her!!

Spending a lot of time on the birth ball.

DH and I started watching the mini-series "Bleak House" online on netflix and it's great! That's one of my favorite Dickens novels and they do a great job...I recommend it!

#30 of 32 Old 03-30-2009, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
DH and I started watching the mini-series "Bleak House" online on netflix and it's great! That's one of my favorite Dickens novels and they do a great job...I recommend it!
I'm a HUGE Gillian Anderson fan

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page