Daily chat for Wed. 4/1- April Fools!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 04-02-2009, 12:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
: I don't think I knew it was possible to feel so much for someone I only know over the internet until now.
Michelle, I feel the same way. I was up all night thinking about them. I spent all day thinking about them too. DH knows how much I lean on my MDC friends and he was really sad for them too.

wife. dd1 : dd2
#62 of 67 Old 04-02-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
I was definitely in the delusional club and at 33 weeks they estimated this baby to weigh 5.7 pounds.
Holy CRAP!!! lol! Big baby!!

#63 of 67 Old 04-02-2009, 12:43 AM

To everyone today. I did SO many errands today!! I had my first appt with the new doc and after she made me wait for 10 min with my legs hanging off the exam table, they got SWOLLEN. So when she asked about swelling (which has been minimal) she grabbed my now puffy and red legs and commented on us needing to watch that. I told her that it was the dangling but I dont think she believed me!! Oh well, she was very nice and the offices were nice, clean and there was no wait.

Is anyone addicted to Law and Order?! DH put a tv in our room (the first time ever having one in there) and I cant get enough of that show!!

#64 of 67 Old 04-02-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
I really hope I'm right. Peanut has been guesstimated at about 5.5 pounds as of yesterday. With half a pound a week to gain, I'm thinking 2 weeks should do it. Maybe I'm delusional...
Heh. My son was almost that big when he was born. Of course they told me he was smaller by u/s...

Bri: mom to K: and M: at 27 weeks and 33 weeks :
#65 of 67 Old 04-02-2009, 12:46 AM

not to feed your addiction (as if there arent enough L&O in th us), but the uk has a version of L&O now that's really good. Only there are a lot more wigs in their version

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#66 of 67 Old 04-02-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
my mw only does the routine 20 week u/s unless there's indication for another...I just asked her to guess when she was palpating.
The HB MW and the CNMs I am seeing for co-care/shadow-care are not into predicting size. Nobody ever says anything about it (they measure me and feel the baby, but no discussions one way or the other). They didn't even think it was important for me to do the 20 week US (I didn't).

I am going for a size check US b/c I have gestational diabetes- really to make the hospital-based people happy, even though I am not planning to birth there (but can't totally tell them that). I am SOOOOOO skeptical about these things, they are renowned for being incredibly inaccurate. EVERYONE knows they are, and so why do they keep doing them? Just because they've got the machines? I honestly don't care if my baby is "big" and I don't want people trying to get me worked up about it in advance anyway... knowing some (inaccurate) number will not change the fact that I'll be giving birth!

dissertating mom to three

#67 of 67 Old 04-02-2009, 10:35 AM

My midwife guessed 6 pounds at 34 weeks, and after that hasn't wanted to guess or tell me what she thinks. She's been pretty strict about my diet because I'm at risk for GD but never developed it, and I get the feeling that she thinks I'm going to have a huge baby and doesn't want to scare me by saying I have to push out a 10 pounder. She did say that she didn't think it would be good for me to go much past my due date.

After Mischevium's terrible news I've been feeling pretty down, and last night I had a breakdown pretty much freaking out about any number of things that can go wrong between now and the birth, and beyond. And just as I got here this morning I saw a thread with "stillbirth" in the title, which I can't bear to read. I hate that these things are happening. This forum has been a great source of information and comfort in the past few weeks, but that kind of news has such a powerful effect on me that I don't know if I should allow myself to be exposed to it. I do want to read all of the birth announcements and stories that I know are coming, but I may have to lay off for a while until my baby comes. I don't know. I hope you all are doing well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page