Daily chat for Wed. 4/1- April Fools!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning mommas! Do we have any April fools day baby's yet?

Hope everyone has a good day.
#2 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
I really haven't felt myself today...maybe a sign? My mw is stuck in Dallas waiting for a plane, so not tonight, but soon...
I haven't felt like myself in.... 36 weeks!! :-P
Hang in there!

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#3 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good morning! One morning closer to our next home birth.

So, did anyone decide they'd pull the April Fool's prank? I couldn't do it - I would worry about upsetting someone. However, if I were the one being fooled, I know I would laugh. I told my girls about April Fool's Day yesterday, and they spent the last half hour they were awake last night "fooling" DP & me.
I have an old family friend coming to visit me with his family this afternoon. I haven't seen him since I was 14. I will be spending the next few hours cleaning so I can actually show them the house my DP built.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#4 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I was just going to start the thread as I didn't see it a few minutes ago. I guess no one was up with insomnia last night?? Or didn't feel like coming on here at least.

I won't do the April Fool's prank. It's so not worth having everyone even think I'm in labor when I'm not - I think it would be too disappointing to me, lol.

The good news is it's April and this is OUR month!!!! ::::

I have a question. Does anyone feel baby hands?? in their groin area. Once in awhile I feel movement right in the area where my thighs meet my torso and its very odd. I guess baby must have his hands up by his head????

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#5 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 10:00 AM

I WILL have a baby this month. I have to keep repeating to myself, "I WILL have a baby this month".

Grrrh.... I really thought I'd already have this baby by now. People are driving me nuts with the whole, "Baby yet?" questions. And some are now even getting creative in their couched questions. I've had friends call up with requests for the weirdest things... and I know they're just calling to see if I answer the phone, or return their voice mails/texts..... It's getting old, and I'm getting crabby.

Otherwise, I have a prenatal appointment and lunch date with my sister midwife today.... that when I scheduled it, we were laughing that we'd certainly have to change it into a postpartum/newborn visit.

But nope, still pregnant. It's amazing how quickly you can emotionally change from "I'm not ready, not yet!" to "Get this freakin' baby out of me already!".

Yesterday was wonderful though. I had the day to myself at the house. In the afternoon, one of my favorite clients, for whom I've caught a couple of her babies, called and said her husband needed to drop something off at my place on his way to work. I said sure, and figured I must have left something over at their house at their last postpartum visit.

Instead, I answered the door to find a case of bottled water (we had many talks about adequate hydration during the course of her care, so it became a running joke when I myself got pregnant), and a pint each of my two favorite ice creams in the world (Hageen Daaz Raspberry Sorbet, and Ben and Jerry's Half-Baked). I totally teared up. I don't even know how they remembered that conversation about which ice creams were the best. He told me, "We know how those last few days are, and we figured you could use this."

Quote:
Does anyone feel baby hands?? in their groin area. Once in awhile I feel movement right in the area where my thighs meet my torso and its very odd. I guess baby must have his hands up by his head????
Yep. Baby likes to poke around at my right hip, and sometimes right by his or her head.
#6 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think I feel fingers sometimes, scraping. It's not painful but I don't like it - gets on my nerves in the way of fingernails on a chalkboard. That's been going on for the last couple of months. Ugh.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#7 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

I was up w/CTX but didn't feel up to starting the thread.So I did get it started when I got back up.

Thinking I won't need to do the prank- really might be having him today. Funny I am ok w/it and have been since finding out the due date. Seems ironic w/him- he's been a prankster in utero the whole time! Think we should maybe change this name from Caleb to Loki if he is born today!

Trying to keep my sense of humor up- but so uncomfortable w/back pain and mild CTXs, just want all mt dc to go away (to school and such) so I can be a alone and relax w/this for awhile. Sent dh to work not really wanting to but no point him being here right now, this is going very slow.

CTXs are pretty consistant but not all that strong the back ache is whats killing me right now. Trying to keep it going.so moving bouncing, and laying down. Please send some go faster, keep going, and get stronger vibes my way!

Oh I am 38 wks today!!!
#8 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymom View Post
I was up w/CTX but didn't feel up to starting the thread.So I did get it started when I got back up.

Thinking I won't need to do the prank- really might be having him today. Funny I am ok w/it and have been since finding out the due date. Seems ironic w/him- he's been a prankster in utero the whole time! Think we should maybe change this name from Caleb to Loki if he is born today!

Trying to keep my sense of humor up- but so uncomfortable w/back pain and mild CTXs, just want all mt dc to go away (to school and such) so I can be a alone and relax w/this for awhile. Sent dh to work not really wanting to but no point him being here right now, this is going very slow.

CTXs are pretty consistant but not all that strong the back ache is whats killing me right now. Trying to keep it going.so moving bouncing, and laying down. Please send some go faster, keep going, and get stronger vibes my way!

Oh I am 38 wks today!!!
I hope this is it for you!!!! :

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
#9 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 10:15 AM

yup i think i feel hands as well. At least i hope thats hands and not feet!

I go in today for a quick ultrasound so we can confirm head down. I'll also have an internal done and a regular appt. So we'll see where i'm at now.

I'm so nervous that something will be wrong on the ultrasound. It's wierd, but everytime I have one of those it's like I expect to see an alien or something instead of a baby. They've always turned out just fine, but still it has me a touch nervous.

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#10 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Please send some go faster, keep going, and get stronger vibes my way!

Oh I am 38 wks today!!!
: here's hoping you are progressing!

I usually do something on April Fool's but haven't thought of anything yet today. The kids and I will think of something before DH comes home, even if it's hide the van and pretend we're not home and then jump out and surprise him. Not very creative or energetic at this point.
#11 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
You got it! Hope you have a beautiful birth today! :::
#12 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
yup i think i feel hands as well. At least i hope thats hands and not feet!

I go in today for a quick ultrasound so we can confirm head down. I'll also have an internal done and a regular appt. So we'll see where i'm at now.

I'm so nervous that something will be wrong on the ultrasound. It's wierd, but everytime I have one of those it's like I expect to see an alien or something instead of a baby. They've always turned out just fine, but still it has me a touch nervous.

Yeah, I know this guy is head down so they must be his hands. He is very squirmy right now (which I love as its comforting to feel him move). I have the same schedule tomorrow! My u/s is to see how big this guy is measuring though and then I have my 39 week appt right after. I know what you mean, I always worry before an u/s - I remember my friend who had a baby last year tell me that the u/s's are the scariest things and now I know what she means. If I don't feel him move as I'm laying on the table getting gel-ed up, than I worry that something will be wrong. I.am.such.an.over.worrier. I need to calm down now as I'm sure when he gets here and I get to start mothering him on the outside I am going to find many more things that I can worry obsessively about if I let myself. I will not let myself do that (within reason)!

#13 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 10:23 AM

Sending you strong, productive ctx vibes, fairymom!

I finally... FINALLY... got almost a full night's sleep. Little to no ctx last night - after five nights of constant ones... they started again around 5 am, but they were short in duration and I went back to sleep in between. So much less exhausted today. Whew. Still have a sleep debt, but wow, what a difference.

MW appt tonight. We'll see what she says. I'm 39+1 now and surprisingly, I think the ctx might have been doing something, I had some blood-tinged mucus the past few days. That would be a shock - I've never dilated/effaced until "the day" before. I don't know if I want her to check me, though. Owie.

I'm such a baby about the ctx pain now. Not a good thing - I wince every time I feel that pressure and think, "Oh no, not another one!"

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#14 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 10:33 AM

Well, I wasn't on last night and I just read mishchievium's post...I can't stop crying for her.

I am home today and getting everything ready...everything...that whole list will be done today!!!

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#15 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 10:38 AM
LL7

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
I have a question. Does anyone feel baby hands?? in their groin area. Once in awhile I feel movement right in the area where my thighs meet my torso and its very odd. I guess baby must have his hands up by his head????
I've been feeling baby hands for a while, especially when I was still working and I'd sit in my chair and lean forward. I guess the baby got cramped and would start a little protest by punching and what felt like grabbing... I don't know if there's any way my uterus could have folded over where I was bending so that he could grab on, but that's what it seemed like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregnant_Midwife View Post
I WILL have a baby this month. I have to keep repeating to myself, "I WILL have a baby this month".

Grrrh.... I really thought I'd already have this baby by now. People are driving me nuts with the whole, "Baby yet?" questions. And some are now even getting creative in their couched questions. I've had friends call up with requests for the weirdest things... and I know they're just calling to see if I answer the phone, or return their voice mails/texts..... It's getting old, and I'm getting crabby.
I will have a baby this month too! It's so exciting to know that. I hope it's this week!!

My dad has been calling and/or texting me EVERY DAY with stuff like "What's the hold up??" and "I have a tank full of gas and I'm ready to come meet the baby." I finally told him yesterday how frustrated I was that I haven't had the baby yet and that his impatience is NOT helping. I think he understands now.

Quote:
You are SO gonna have that baby today! :
#16 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 10:38 AM

Well I guess yeserday was just a "practice" day. I really thought things were getting started though I expected it to last a while. I didn't expect it all to go away, even the low back cramping. But I slept hard last night once LO stopped moving...she was all over the place! And nothing going on this moring. I am only 37 weeks tomorrow, so shouldn't even expect to be going this early...but alas I do.

Quote:

I won't do the April Fool's prank. It's so not worth having everyone even think I'm in labor when I'm not - I think it would be too disappointing to me, lol.

The good news is it's April and this is OUR month!!!! ::::

The fact that it is April boosts my mood!!! I do feel baby hands down there, especially last night. It was cool yet kinda uncomfortable. I told my mom last night that if I call today and need her it is NOT an April fools joke, I won't do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post
Good morning! One morning closer to our next home birth.
Yeah!!!! I go by days too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregnant_Midwife View Post

Instead, I answered the door to find a case of bottled water (we had many talks about adequate hydration during the course of her care, so it became a running joke when I myself got pregnant), and a pint each of my two favorite ice creams in the world (Hageen Daaz Raspberry Sorbet, and Ben and Jerry's Half-Baked). I totally teared up. I don't even know how they remembered that conversation about which ice creams were the best. He told me, "We know how those last few days are, and we figured you could use this."

Yep, will have baby this month! That was so sweet of your client to think of you like that. I always want to do those types of things but I have a terrible memory so never remember those little details people throw out...

Quote:

Oh I am 38 wks today!!!
Yeah!!! Hoping we don't here from you as that means baby is coming soon!!!

Quote:
Yeah, I know this guy is head down so they must be his hands. He is very squirmy right now (which I love as its comforting to feel him move). I.am.such.an.over.worrier.
LO was so squirmy last night too, I loved it till I really wanted to sleep! I too overworry but thankfully prayer tends to put things back into perspective for me.

DD and I have a tea party at her friends house this afternoon, should be fun, keep us busy. Then we have to go to Babies R US to try the britax frontier in our car, people are saying it doesn't fit well in all vehicles so want to be sure before I order the pink one!
#17 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 10:55 AM

fairymom~ sending you strong labour vibes and wishing that today is *the day* for you!!!

We have had so many announcements in the past couple of days, and several more on the way, it seems! It really is April!

I don't have any April fools jokes planned, but my husband has been rooting for today because he wants to get out of a work event tonight. I'm not feeling it, though...

I've just started to get people calling/e-mailing to see ask about the baby- it never really happened last time because she was born at 39 weeks and I was pretty vague about the due date to start. This time I told more people the "real" due date, and they know Neela was a bit early, AND I stopped work early because of contractions- so they're calling. But I'm not even 39 weeks yet, so my standard answer has been "probably not until the END of April". My husband was a 43 weeker- so maybe this is a boy that will take after him!

Oh, and I get the little hand jabs as well. They're fine, but I don't like the little cervix punches. They make me wish baby had a head wedged down there, since I'm not keen on having another baby born with a nuchal hand

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#18 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
I fully expect an alien to emerge. No doubt im my mind.

#19 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post

Oh, and I get the little hand jabs as well. They're fine, but I don't like the little cervix punches. They make me wish baby had a head wedged down there, since I'm not keen on having another baby born with a nuchal hand
This is exactly my thoughts - I like to picture him all tucked up nicely with his hands by his knees. If his hands are up in my groin then I guess they are near his head. Let's hope that changes before the delivery! I guess he really is my little monkey . I like to affectionately call him this and his nursery theme has monkeys in it and he already has 3 stuffed monkeys. He's been head down for months and obviously enjoys hanging upside down and even let's his arms hang down so he is indeed my little monkey !!!! Hehe

#20 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
:

Nancy, you get me every time! We all know though that they do slightly resemble aliens when they come out and we will find them to be the most adorable things in the world anyway!!!!

#21 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
:

Nancy, you get me every time! We all know though that they do slightly resemble aliens when they come out and we will find the to be the most adorable things in the world anyway!!!!
It already acts like an alien!!

#22 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
It already acts like an alien!!
It does. This morning during breakfast, the baby shifted from one side of my belly to the other, making everything move with his back. At times, one side was about 1 inch higher than the other. I think he wants to move more, but he can't at this point. I just hope he keeps quiet when I teach today.

And yes, there are hands and fingers moving constantly in the lower part. Sometimes, he even tickles me and makes me laugh.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#23 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 01:07 PM

Jeez!! It's only 9 o'clock and we're on page 2!

to everyone with labor pains this morning, whether it's the 'real deal' or just practice.

I feel hands, but they tend to be more around the inside of my hip bone than by her head...hopefully

Well, tomorrow's edd for me.......we shall see.

Last night I had some lower belly 'discomfort,' shall we say. Sorta like what you get before your period...not full fledged cramps, but . I get a lot of sharp pains all over the place these days. Probably just my poor, protesting muscles and ligaments.

I wonder how Leah (inky_leuuh or however you spell it) is doing today? Hmm...

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#24 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 01:08 PM

I swear it's going to pop out the front any minute. Just like the movie!! :-O

#25 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
Jeez!! It's only 9 o'clock and we're on page 2!

to everyone with labor pains this morning, whether it's the 'real deal' or just practice.

I feel hands, but they tend to be more around the inside of my hip bone than by her head...hopefully

Well, tomorrow's edd for me.......we shall see.

Last night I had some lower belly 'discomfort,' shall we say. Sorta like what you get before your period...not full fledged cramps, but . I get a lot of sharp pains all over the place these days. Probably just my poor, protesting muscles and ligaments.

I wonder how Leah (inky_leuuh or however you spell it) is doing today? Hmm...
It's 12 over here!

I wonder how Leah is doing as well! She is probably snuggling her newborn!

Quote:
I swear it's going to pop out the front any minute. Just like the movie!! :-O

Seriously, there are times that I feel like he is trying to escape out the front! I keep telling him, just come on down and out, we are all ready for you!

#26 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 01:13 PM

oh nancy you are too funny!!!

I called my friend and the first thing out of her mouth was are you calling me to tell me you've popped?! I said Oh goodness, I hope not, i'm not a balloon! The image sprang to mind of popping a balloon with a pin (but instead my tummy) and it popping out the front

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#27 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 01:37 PM

My April Fools day joke to dh was that it was really hot and sunny out

It's actually snowing :

We did Oodles of stuff around the house yesterday, I'm finally feeling like this baby could come now and I wouldn't be a complete crazy person.

Fingers crossed for beautiful births today

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#28 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 01:46 PM

Since I'm already a crazy person, and I have an alien trying to tear out the front of my abdomen, I'm going to try napping after I install a couple more closet shelves. But, not before I eat an orange. I'm beginning to feel a time-crunch and I still need to paint the master bedroom! >.<

#29 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 01:51 PM

I have a 2-hour lunch and meeting over at campus today. And then, my big plan is to take a swim afterwards. Though it only requires a 10-minute bus ride and about 10 minutes total of walking, I think I am going to drive. It seems horribly lazy, but I am really having a hard time walking, its just so uncomfortable! And baby has shifted from ROA to ROP, so I think some swimming (probably slowly with the kickboard!) is in order. Its the first time in MONTHS that I don't have DS to take care of in the afternoon, so I think I can actually do something BY MYSELF.

My baby isn't due until April 23. SO, I might be waiting around until May. Some of us aren't actually guaranteed to have our baby in arms this month!

dissertating mom to three

#30 of 67 Old 04-01-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
We called the baby an "alien shrimp" because in the beginning thats what she looked like! I was SHOCKED the other day to see her on the u/s looking fat and baby-ish!!!!

wife. dd1 : dd2

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page