Daily CHAT April 2nd... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-02-2009, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well might as well start this since I'm up. WE had a busy day so I just got on now since this morning. I'm so sad for MI_Dawn and Mischievium . I have to admit it is so hard coming on here and reading those posts, it scares me, but I have to remember God is in control and no matter what he will see me through anything. These terrible tragedies have made me appreciate every little thing about the rest of this pregnancy and to not urge this girl out any sooner than she's ready. I've decided everytime I think of these women to pray for them on the spot and then let God take it...

I'm up with Ctx and sharp pains down below that feel like stretching...I needed a snack too! So I"m not sure what's going on but guess we'll see. Nothing was going on yesterday till 9pm. I did alot of walking and drinking my tea. I am hoping things progress, I told baby Thurs would be a good day to come. Our doula is out of town next week and this weekend the oncall midwife is on and I meet her for the first time Friday. So April 2nd would be great...but I will wait for her to be ready! anyone else up and can't sleep????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2009, 06:29 AM

Good luck with your contractions. Hopefully your hopes for birth will line up with the plan that God and your little one have in mind and you will have your doula around.
I am up way past bedtime because miss Eden wants to nurse nonstop.... but I feel so very blessed to be holding her in my arms with sleep depervation... my heart aches for our mamas who lost their babies.

Stephenie, Wife to Nick partners.gif 9/3/05 Mama to Keagan treehugger.gif autismribbon.gif 4/12/07, Eden dust.gifhomebirth.jpg3/29/09  3rdtri.gif Someone new coming in July and two angels 6/06 and 10/10. Check out my blog! blogging.jpg

Old 04-02-2009, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can't stop thinking about our ddc's losses, either. This happened last time I was pregnant, and an MDC user who knew the Mama IRL set up a way for MDC members to donate to the family through paypal ...

I am awake because my 5yo dd was in my bed and had an accident. I hate waking up in a puddle of pee. DP is sleeping on the couch because we ran out of room for him. I am getting too big, so if the girls want to sleep with us, I've decided DP gets the couch or an empty bunk in the girls' room for now.
After moving the girls around, cleaning the pee, changing the sheets, replacing the girls, and taking a bath, I am as awake as I can be ...

I was able to use these late-night quiet moments to email the two NC Senators on my action list. There is a senate bill here in NC that would make my home birth midwife a felon if it is passed.: Moments like this are why I question that our country is "free."

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
Old 04-02-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post
There is a senate bill here in NC that would make my home birth midwife a felon if it is passed.: Moments like this are why I question that our country is "free."
Wow! That's insane. I live in Indiana, and we just had a bill pass through committee yesterday that will legalize homebirth midwifery! Very exciting for us!

I keep thinking about our DDC losses as well; the mamas (and babies, and families) are on my mind so much and I also struggle with wondering if I should stop visiting until after this baby is born...but like you said, Shine, it is in God's hands. We all have our journey, whether we understand it or not.

I've been up since probably around 4:00, so I feel tired and headachey. I don't work today because I have my 39-week appointment (woo hoo!) so at least it will be a low-key morning once I drop Brynn off at school.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
Old 04-02-2009, 08:07 AM

I'm still here. Didn't get on much yesturday- with back pain and CTXs and just in general early labor stuff. But obiviously not working. Dind't ever get to a point where I felt i should even call the MWs. I don't know feeling really frustrated with everything right now.Been doing this sh*t for a week now- you'd think w/#6 it'd go fast but no. I was home alone w/ds4 and the dog so made it really hard to relax- maybe its related.

Part of me feels so quilty about even feeling the way I do that I should be greatful (don't think I'm not- truly I am- this lo is a mircle!) and not complain and just take life as it comes- in light of the lost los recently.I am just in so much pain and so tired. And I want him out to know he here and love on him.YKWIM?

Have a MW appt on Fri. hope they send me to L/D from there.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymom View Post

Part of me feels so quilty about even feeling the way I do that I should be greatful (don't think I'm not- truly I am- this lo is a mircle!) and not complain and just take life as it comes- in light of the lost los recently.I am just in so much pain and so tired. And I want him out to know he here and love on him.YKWIM?
Same here, but we all still need to focus on doing our jobs to birth our babies and keep positive attitudes so stress doesn't affect baby or the progress of labor. And the other mamas would want us to do so I'm sure... This is why prayer for me is working, when they pop into my head I pray for those mamas and let God take it. Of course I'm doing this quite often but it helps me to keep perspective.

I'm so sorry your in so much pain...this was me last time with DD, for a week I cried nonstop then my water broke and 4 hours later she was here. I guess I expect that to happen this time, but it's all going so differntly.

I had alot of ctx early this morning, then decided to finally try and sleep around 3am. Got into bed and wanted to DTD...weired! So we did and it was GREAT! Then CTX slowed, not what I expected, and I crashed. I just got up with an achy feeling and a few mild ctx. I've gone poo twice allready...hmmmm don't know....
Old 04-02-2009, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
I keep thinking about our DDC losses as well; the mamas (and babies, and families) are on my mind so much and I also struggle with wondering if I should stop visiting until after this baby is born...but like you said, Shine, it is in God's hands. We all have our journey, whether we understand it or not.
I think I'm at this point as well. The thought crossed my mind to stop coming on here as well, but as you said Amy and Shine it is in God's hands and coming here/not coming here isn't going to directly effect this baby or myself. All I can do is have faith. I just couldn't believe it when I just signed on and saw Dawn's post though. I couldn't understand how it happened to another person in this DDC. It's just so horrible. I rented a doppler in the beginning of this pregnancy because I was so scared after miscarrying the last one. I ended up returning it and then renting it again at a later point because there were times when I wasn't feeling him move as much as I wanted. Now I (thankfully) feel him move all the time, but I'm very glad to have it on hand when I just need to hear him. We are all so close to the end.. we can do this ladies.

Amy - I have my 39 week appt today too! I can't wait to hear your update!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
I'm up with Ctx and sharp pains down below that feel like stretching...
I'm experiencing a lot of these sharp pains down below that feel like stretching too. What do you think it is being caused by?? I've had them throughout this whole third trimester pretty much, but haven't had them for awhile. I hope it means something!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
Old 04-02-2009, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
I think I'm at this point as well. The thought crossed my mind to stop coming on here as well, but as you said Amy and Shine it is in God's hands and coming here/not coming here isn't going to directly effect this baby or myself. All I can do is have faith.

I'm experiencing a lot of these sharp pains down below that feel like stretching too. What do you think it is being caused by?? I've had them throughout this whole third trimester pretty much, but haven't had them for awhile. I hope it means something!
Having faith, yup, can't live without that!!! I'm hoping the sharp pains are dilation...I just started having them the last few days when I've had the ctxs..
Old 04-02-2009, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

BTW I'm sitting here on a blanket with only my robe on as I can't stand wearing bottoms when I'm feeling like this...may need to stay home today
Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 AM

I too just can't believe the losses like the rest of you. It's just so unfair feeling. I hope no one else in our ddc has to go through that. I cry every time for them and their little one. I just can't imagine what they are going through.

I've been sore and crampy at my cervix area. I had a little bloody show. With dd after bloody show I had her 24-48 hours later (I don;t rememebre). So we'll see

Shinel - I'm sitting here with a top on and just underwear for bottoms. I've gotten to the point of HATING pants. They are just annoying my with their waistbands. First thing that come off pretty much when i enter the house!

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

Old 04-02-2009, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post

I've been sore and crampy at my cervix area. I had a little bloody show. With dd after bloody show I had her 24-48 hours later (I don;t rememebre). So we'll see

Shinel - I'm sitting here with a top on and just underwear for bottoms. I've gotten to the point of HATING pants. They are just annoying my with their waistbands. First thing that come off pretty much when i enter the house!
I never had the bloody show last time so will be interesting to see if it shows this time. Hey at least you have underwear...I have NOTHING on down there and it feels so great. DD is up now...
Old 04-02-2009, 10:29 AM

Clothes are not my friend right now either, but I'm still working and have to put on business casual clothes everyday!!!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
Old 04-02-2009, 10:45 AM

I pretty much hang out in my nightgown and nothing else all day. I'll throw some clothes on when the kids are coming home or if I have to go out. Once the kids are in bed, nightgown comes back on.

Someone asked on the yesterdays thread about not getting u/s for size or est of size. I haven't gotten any either. My hb mw asks me how big I think the baby is going to be. She's said she doesn't think its going to be as big as #2. The bc just tells me everything looks good.

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 04-02-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I never had the bloody show last time so will be interesting to see if it shows this time. Hey at least you have underwear...I have NOTHING on down there and it feels so great. DD is up now...
yeah without underwear is even more comfy, but we have a dog and dd is 3 and would just keep commenting and i'd get annoyed too quickly...

Old 04-02-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
Someone asked on the yesterdays thread about not getting u/s for size or est of size. I haven't gotten any either. My hb mw asks me how big I think the baby is going to be. She's said she doesn't think its going to be as big as #2. The bc just tells me everything looks good.
People keep asking about size as well...I just say I have no clue. The practice I go to measures your tummy, but I don;t think they do anything more evasive to find out unless you are measuring too small or too big, which i'm not.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
yeah without underwear is even more comfy, but we have a dog and dd is 3 and would just keep commenting and i'd get annoyed too quickly...
Here too. DS4 would find it too silly. and I already have to push the dog way a million times a day- she's obsessed w/sniffing me! I like big and baggy no bra or underwear (unless I have a MW appt or US).

Also my ex lives in the unit upstairs and drops by almost daily or his roommates do so I'd be getting dressed and redressed too many times.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

My DD hasn't noticed yet, so we'll see if she says anything I'm pretty covered and no dog here...

I just threw up...Something has to be going on here or I'm going to be very disappointed, even though i shouldn't be...

ETA Dh just left for work and I was quite emotional bout it. I know he can come home if things progress but I guess I just feel weird today and wanted him home
Old 04-02-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
People keep asking about size as well...I just say I have no clue. The practice I go to measures your tummy, but I don;t think they do anything more evasive to find out unless you are measuring too small or too big, which i'm not.
This is why I have been going in for more u/s's besides the routine ones. I have been consistently measuring ahead. We did discover that my fluid level is on the high end of normal so that contributes. At my 38 week appt last week I was measuring 43 cm and that is when she decided she wanted me in for another u/s. She said that if you get to your due date and still haven't had the baby she normally sends you in for one anyway, but I guess decided to do it this week due to my size. I had an u/s at 29 weeks and 33 weeks and at each of those he was measuring in the 62nd percentile (so not TOO big) so I'm guessing we will hear the same thing today.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:41 AM
LL7

oops, posted this in yesterday's thread.

My midwife guessed 6 pounds at 34 weeks, and after that hasn't wanted to guess or tell me what she thinks. She's been pretty strict about my diet because I'm at risk for GD but never developed it, and I get the feeling that she thinks I'm going to have a huge baby and doesn't want to scare me by saying I have to push out a 10 pounder. She did say that she didn't think it would be good for me to go much past my due date.

After Mischevium's terrible news I've been feeling pretty down, and last night I had a breakdown pretty much freaking out about any number of things that can go wrong between now and the birth, and beyond. And just as I got here this morning I saw the thread with "stillbirth" in the title, which I can't bear to read. I hate that these things are happening. This forum has been a great source of information and comfort in the past few weeks, but that kind of news has such a powerful effect on me that I don't know if I should allow myself to be exposed to it. I do want to read all of the birth announcements and stories that I know are coming, but I may have to lay off for a while until my baby comes. I don't know. I hope you all are doing well.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurilj View Post

After Mischevium's terrible news I've been feeling pretty down, and last night I had a breakdown pretty much freaking out about any number of things that can go wrong between now and the birth, and beyond. And just as I got here this morning I saw the thread with "stillbirth" in the title, which I can't bear to read. I hate that these things are happening. This forum has been a great source of information and comfort in the past few weeks, but that kind of news has such a powerful effect on me that I don't know if I should allow myself to be exposed to it. I do want to read all of the birth announcements and stories that I know are coming, but I may have to lay off for a while until my baby comes. I don't know. I hope you all are doing well.
It's okay to feel what you feel and to do what you need to do. I felt this way too but have been able to find peace through prayer and faith. I stepped away for a day... I can be on here now but I know at any moment if I start to feel overwhelmed with emotion, I will have to step away.

On another note. I am having tightness but not necessarily contractions at this time. I just took a long bath and almost fell asleep so I need a nap. I called our sitter who is homeschooled and she's coming over in 30 min so I can nap...and if things progress then I'll call DH home. I'm so irritable I don't want to be cranky at DD all day...
Old 04-02-2009, 12:30 PM

thankfully my dogs aren't sniffers and its a long nightgown though I take baths with the lo's (yes all 3+me in one tub!!) so they don't care about any lack of clothing. unless I'm completely naked and then its only in the hopes of getting a bath

Shines, I hope this is your time, we need some happy news around here

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 04-02-2009, 12:41 PM

As everyone else, I am shocked and saddened by MIDawn's news. When I saw the thread title, I had to cry once again. How can these things happen? And, having been a regular lurker since September, I feel sort connected to all of you.

Yesterday afternoon I had to leave my job because I was feeling increasingly nauseous. I have been feeling queasy and nauseous on and off for a little over a week, but yesterday I thought I may faint during class and it did not seem fair to my students. Neither water nor food seemed to help, but after lying on the sofa for a while it got a little better.

This morning, after waking up in the middle of the night because I felt queasy again, I decided to go in to work anyway. I am giving a presentation to a campus-wide audience today, and I do not want to skip that especially since I do not want to give the impression that I don't quite function anymore.

I'm feeling a little better, but I am beginning to think that it may be hormonal. It is strangely reminiscent of the way I feel in the days before my period, just stronger and more persistent. I also have an appointment at the women's clinic this afternoon, and I'm going to talk about it to my doctor.

Hope you're all doing well (as much as possible).

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

Old 04-02-2009, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
Shines, I hope this is your time, we need some happy news around here
I don't know, I think I"m getting my hopes up too early. The sitter is here so I'm going to take a nap and see if things will progress. At least I'll hopefullly be well rested if they do.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:02 PM

Gonna paint that dresser today -- it didn't happen the other day. Too tired. It's so nice out though, I'm forcing myself to just do it. It's just white, after all, and not even that big. Bleh.

I slept way late this morning after having my daily Cliff bar and some milk at 7am. I should be good to go for a while. I have to run the floor machine in the yellow room and start moving more baby crap in there. Yet, I think I'd prefer to set up the hammock outside and vegitate more. MUST... FINISH... CHORES... ugh.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
Old 04-02-2009, 01:06 PM

My DH set up a hammock recently and I keep thinking it would be so nice to be able to lay in it - but could you imagine trying to get into and out of it? Plus, there's the whole we aren't supposed to spend too much time on our backs thing...

And a nap - oh I wish I could be taking one right now!

I have been feeling pressure all day mostly on and off. I recently got a fitball seat topper for my chair at work hoping to help baby get into the best position. The pressure comes and goes in waves but it almost feels like my bowels are trying to pass something (tmi sorry - though I am fairly certain that's not it). Does it sound like maybe the baby is TRYING to move down some????

Old 04-02-2009, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I talked to my mom this morning about their planned trip next week. They are still going, and now for 5 days. No cell service or any methods of communication are available were they will be at, it is really remote. If baby comes when around when both DD1 and DD2 came, then they won't be here. She doesn't want to go and is upset that she might miss the birth, but she is the type that goes along with whatever my dad wants and he wants to go, so they are going.

I guess I just cross my fingers that we won't need any help. We may have a MW or not, we have a loose arrangement with one. There is no one else to call to watch children, well, I have people but none my children will go with. DD2 has never been left with anyone but my mom or DH, and DD1 has severe anxiety issues, but mom is the only one that can handle her.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:16 PM

Sorry to hear about that Peony. I am not sure how old your DDs are, but maybe you can have a movie or something ready to have to distract them and hope that they will be on their best behavior that day. I'd say this is one of those situations where it might be warranted. It's so tough knowing that your Mom might not make it. I am sure it will work out though.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:34 PM

I can hammock on my side. Watch me! :-P

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
Old 04-02-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
They are still going, and now for 5 days. No cell service or any methods of communication are available were they will be at, it is really remote. .
Oh no! s for you mama. I'm sure that's stressing you out. For my dd we bought a few quiet toys that are new. She loves those color wonder books and got her a new one of those and a new water doodle book as well. I got her a sticker book but have lost it now. Would getting some new, quiet toys they haven't seen help?

I don;t rememebr if your birthing at home or in a hospital or the age of your kiddos. I know that if my dd is at the hospital with me and I can't handle her in the room I'll have to send her and dh out and be left by myself and the hospital staff.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
I get a lot of sharp pains...mw said it was baby pressing on nerves...

Quote:
My DD hasn't noticed yet, so we'll see if she says anything I'm pretty covered and no dog here...

I just threw up...Something has to be going on here or I'm going to be very disappointed, even though i shouldn't be...

ETA Dh just left for work and I was quite emotional bout it. I know he can come home if things progress but I guess I just feel weird today and wanted him home
Hope this is it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
I talked to my mom this morning about their planned trip next week. They are still going, and now for 5 days. No cell service or any methods of communication are available were they will be at, it is really remote. If baby comes when around when both DD1 and DD2 came, then they won't be here. She doesn't want to go and is upset that she might miss the birth, but she is the type that goes along with whatever my dad wants and he wants to go, so they are going.

I guess I just cross my fingers that we won't need any help. We may have a MW or not, we have a loose arrangement with one. There is no one else to call to watch children, well, I have people but none my children will go with. DD2 has never been left with anyone but my mom or DH, and DD1 has severe anxiety issues, but mom is the only one that can handle her.
Crap:. Do you have a close friend who can come and assist just to have an extra hand in case mw doesn't make it and dh gets caught up with the girls? Hopefully this one will be born after your mom comes home.

...now MI_Dawn...I nearly vomited when I opened the ddc...I know what people mean about not wanting to check back in sometimes, it's so terrifying...but I wouldn't want them to feel alone, either.

I'm 40 weeks today...not a lot going on...mw appt tomorrow. Last night I had some tightening sensations, but it was hard to tell what was going on...lots of those sharp pains in the region of the pubic bone...nothing I could definitely call a contraction, though.

I'm just hoping my original guess of 4/4 is right...don't want to wait much longer, especially after the recent announcements

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.

User Tag List