Daily Chat ~ April 3rd - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Awake at 3:30...right on schedule. : Good morning ladies.

Huh, it wouldn't let me multi-quote from the last thread, so I will try to remember what I wanted to reply to.

First of all, nothing happened after my post last night, so I am just in this weird labor limbo state of expecting it any second, but knowing it might still be days or weeks! Kate, I think you asked when I'm done with work - I told everyone my last day would be the 10th, but now I am seriously considering having Monday be my last day (I have my two last meetings on Monday). I'm off on Tuesday for my MW appointment anyway, and a part of me doesn't think I'll make it past that anyway. I think I might just see how I do this weekend and then decide. But yes, it's definitely an option.

Sorry about the heart palpitatoins, by the way! I hope you have been able to get a little sleep.

Shine, I hope you feel up to the consignment sale. I LOOOOOVE consignment sales!

Dang, I can't remember who else I wanted to respond to. So - love to you all. I am going to try to go back to sleep now.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#2 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 06:19 AM

So. I sat on my new exercise ball to relieve my lower back that doesn't appear to enjoy sitting for prolonged periods anymore. Well, it made my pelvis hurt more! I don't know if it's something I just have to get used to, or what.

Kate, please send me all your chocolate bars. kthx.

I'm not sure why I'm awake right now, other than that I just kept rolling around in bed (painfully). Peanut isn't happy, I'm not happy. I can see where this is going.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#3 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 06:59 AM

I'm awake, too. Probably because my husband came to bed late at 1:30, and I woke up and decided to talk to him for an hour. Now he's sleeping (I'd say like a baby, but we all know babies don't sleep) and I'm up.

*Amy* I hope the labour limbo declares itself soon! Maybe you can have the best excuse ever to miss your Monday meetings

And Kate, I hope you're fast asleep now!

nancy, maybe the positioning on the ball made the baby drop lower? I'm done with sitting, too. Perching, sometimes. Standing and pacing while watching a movie- yes! Driving everyone around me crazy by pacing and making them think I'm in labour- check!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#4 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 07:27 AM

Up here too- can't seem to sleep past 4:30-5 anymore, not w/the up and down of peeing every hour and ligament pains and hip pain that occurs when I am on one side too long.Its easier to just get up and take multi naps (about an hour each) w/o the day.Also enjoying having the time alone w/o anyone else- seems like the normal noise of the house (w/5 dc and dh) is irratating me more and more each day.

Yesterday was uneventful in the get baby here aspect.But I felt almost normal. Have my MW appt today and weekly BBP US (because of GD). I don't mind the weekly USs puts my mind at ease some after a more than average stressful pg. And its fun to watch the techs get frustrated w/lo even when we warn them he has never cooperated w/any of the previous USs- seriously he loves to make them work for their money!

Hope something is different today- don't really know in what way but maybe in the progress dept.?!

I was thinking how odd it is I feel I have forgotten pg stuff even though this is #6 for me- sometimes I feel as if its #1. Maybe its because of the spacing between dc or the fact I haven't been this pg in like 8 years. DS4 was here by now and this pg has been different from conception! I never knew I was pg w/any of the others till about the time aunt flo was due but with this one I had a very odd WTH or my g-d I just concieved elcetric shock moment the day I concieved. I think it has to do w/the ralationship DH and I have and your bond.???But I know july 23rd at 9:30 am I concieved this lo. And funny enough 40 wks from that date is april 15th my due date.

Well I hope those that couldn't sleep are sleeping, those that are up for the day have had a beautiful begining, that mama's are giving birth and those with plans for fun and great days get them!
#5 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Ugh, I am so tired. I think I ended up sleeping from around 5:30 to 6:30 after being awake at 3:00 until 5:30. When Jason said, "How are you this morning," as he always does, and I said, "UGH! I slept terribly!" as always, and he said, "Really? Why?!" *again* (like he seriously cannot imagine why I'm tired), I could not contain myself and said, "Because! I'M PREGNANT!!!" So then he decided I'm in a bad mood and hasn't talked to me since.

What-evaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#6 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 09:04 AM

I also woke up in the middle of the night, but I can't force myself to actually get up other than to pee. Because we heat with wood, our house is really cold at night, and lying in bed is the most comfortable thing to do even if it is not that comfortable either these days. I usually fall asleep again after an hour or two, and then I don't feel like getting up when I have to.

We have an appointment with our family practioner today to see whether we want the baby to go there, too. So, I need to draft a list of questions in the next hour. Then, I'm off to work for the day. Hope all goes well, especially since I had either some really bad BH-contractions or some real contractions while watching a movie on campus. I think I was dehydrated.

Amy, I hope you can stop working on Monday. Work is just no fun at this point in pregnancy.

Nancy, sorry to hear about the pains. I wonder sometimes why pelvis bones hurt so bad.

fairymom, good luck with your appointment.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#7 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
Ugh, I am so tired. I think I ended up sleeping from around 5:30 to 6:30 after being awake at 3:00 until 5:30. When Jason said, "How are you this morning," as he always does, and I said, "UGH! I slept terribly!" as always, and he said, "Really? Why?!" *again* (like he seriously cannot imagine why I'm tired), I could not contain myself and said, "Because! I'M PREGNANT!!!" So then he decided I'm in a bad mood and hasn't talked to me since.

LOL, Amy. Tomorrow I'll be 39 weeks, and DH is now sleeping in the guest room so we can both get more sleep. Between my tossing, turning, getting up to go pee every few hours, and literally feeling like I have a basketball under my shirt, it's the ONLY was we've managed to get any sleep in this house!

Bradley Teacher, Doula, Wife To DH (6 yrs), Mama to DS (9/07), DS (4/09), and due in February of 2011
#8 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 09:52 AM

I thought last night was very possibly "the night". Had on and off back pain all afternoon.... in the evening had several hours of mildly painful contractions that started to get closer together... and then I got really tired, and I had to lay down. I figured I'd rest for 30 minutes or so, but the contractions completely stopped. :

My teenage step-son is supposed to be here this weekend, and I really (much as I love him), don't want that... not this close to birthing. I want to tuck the little ones into bed at 7 or 8pm and then wander my own house in just my bra and undies, walk around, do stairs, roll around on the birth ball, stick my ass in the air on hands and knees, and generally do all the oxytocin-increasing zen stuff that I try and do every night. I don't like clothes on my belly at this point, so if I'm at home, I just have a bra-top on and my belly is hanging out (which makes my dss VERY uncomfortable, I know). I feel like if he is here, I'm not free to do all that stuff. He also does NOT want to be here for the birth and I don't want to have to deal with finding someone to come pick him up if I'm in labor. Ack.....if I just go into labor today, before we are scheduled to pick him up, it'd make it so much easier. But, that doesn't seem likely, as I hardly ever have any contractions worth mentioning during daylight hours.

I'm due today. I can't believe I made it to my due date. I really didn't think I would. Last time around, I had a 4-day old babe by now.

Dh is driving the kids to school, so I'm off to watch a tear-jearker and hang out on the birth ball.
#9 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Morning everyone! I forgot to set my alarm last night - oops. The good news is that I only got up once to pee and I * think * I actually slept ok. I still made it to work at a decent time though. And I have a day full of stuff to do ahead of me. They just keep piling on the work. At some point I will either decide to stop working or have this baby and I'm going to have work on my desk that just doesn't get done! I don't think they realize that my due date is ONE WEEK FROM TODAY (WOOHOO).

OK, I'm sorry to keep complaining about this but something HAS GOT TO GIVE with these sore hips I'm experiencing EVERY MORNING. They are so sore for the first half of the day that I have to limp around when I first get up from sitting. I am not sure if there is anyway to help them, but any advice is appreciated!!!! I know we are all going through it, but man I can't not sleep on my sides and its just wearing them down .

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#10 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 10:33 AM

Only have a quick minute before the consign sale!!! So here are a few pics that the gal uploaded onto her gallery... I hope these post!

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...02R000002&po=2

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...2R000043&po=43

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...2R000076&po=76

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...R000120&po=120

Oh and I slept great last night-hard as a rock...sorry everyone who didin't! I finally came to peace last night with the fact that this baby may wait till edd to arrive and I need to keep living my life. I heard a loud pop last night and though it was my hip, then thought could be my water breaking as this is what happend with DD but didn't have any signs. However, I am now having some fluid on my panti liner and have changed it twice, so not sure about that... I'm only feeling pressure now sooooo who knows. I knew for sure with DD. It's so hard when you really have no idea.
#11 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 10:36 AM

Beauitful pictures Shine - thanks for sharing!!!!:::: You have a beautiful family!!!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
#12 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

This sounds like my house. DH has no idea about lack of sleep, he gets 7 hours of sleep and he is complaining about being tired. We've kept separate bedrooms for the last couple hours because it was easier to split up the kids and with my insomnia, his snoring, us together wasn't a good mix. Now we are having to transition DD2 to sleep with daddy so he has been sleeping with her and I, I'm sleeping awful. Between a toddler waking up, me peeing every hour, my insomnia, his snoring, he keeps trying to work late but then he wakes me up when he comes to bed and then I'm up for hours.... For once I'd just like to wake up in the morning and feel somewhat refreshed.

My 10 minutes of sitting is over, sigh. Off to feed kids, take a shower, get everyone dressed and out of the house so i can drive 20 miles to take the 6y to a friend's house.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#13 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 11:10 AM

Shine, what beautiful photos! Enjoy the sale...

Pregnant_Midwife, I hope that your step-son's visit passes quickly so you can get back to being comfortable. Or having the baby.

Michelle, have a good day at work. Not much longer...

I was woken up at 5:15 this morning by Neela who had locked herself in her bedroom. I had never even noticed that the door could be locked. I managed to convince her to turn on her light and open the door, but then accidentally locked it again behind her. (Then she cried because all of her toys were locked up- verrrry helpful!) I tried to pick the lock, then e-mailed my landlord. Finally after a bit of breakfast I tried again and was able to figure it out. I function so much better after breakfast- I usually eat as soon as I get up, and trying to do anything first is nearly impossible.

#14 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:

It's times like these that I get the most aggrevated. DH has been SO GOOD with most of this pregnancy stuff, but when he does start with me, especially when its obvious I'm just in a bad mood at that moment I get so frustrated. I know it seems unfair, but I want to tell him - um hello - pick your battles!! I'm 9 months pregnant carrying OUR child and if Im having an off day let me be!!!!

Sigh, of course I don't usually say this, but I should!

#15 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 11:32 AM

DH moved out of the bedroom about 1/2 way through dd's pg and hasn't really come back. We both sleep better that way. And when we do sleep together we really appreciate it.

I wish the baby would come so I could stop thinking today might be the day. DH keeps saying tomorrow night, if the baby doesn't come then I might just be a crying mess

All the lower pelvic/belly muscles are so sore it hurts to do ANYTHING. Now I have constant rectal pressure and the bh are in my whole belly and back and have downward pressure. Its awful. I'm miserable. I have no other baby is coming signs though

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#16 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 12:00 PM

I slept in this morning until almost 7:30! Granted, I woke at 1, 3, and 6 (at the minimum) and that last 1/2 hour DS was nursing, but I was at least half asleep, so I'm counting it.

The reason for me getting to sleep in though is a little funny. DH installed some more RAM in the computer last night (YAY! It is so much faster!) and had to take his wedding ring off. I found it where he set it on a rubbermaid tote in our office, and it didn't look very safe, so I picked it up. I ended up putting it in a silver goblet in the bathroom that I keep my earrings in. The poor guy remembered this morning when he got up that he had taken his ring off, and went looking for it. So I was happily snoozing (he comes and wakes me up usually) while he was worrying and trying to figure out where the 1 year old would have put the ring if he had moved it!

I'm torn between guilt and amusement. It is true that I thought when I moved it that it would be funny when he couldn't find it, but I assumed that I would be there, and would tell him after a few minutes that I had moved it. Wasn't anticipating the poor guy spending 20 minutes searching for it on a workday before coming to wake me up saying, "Do you want to hear something horrible?" : Ok, obviously I'm an evil person, because I'm cracking up writing this...

In baby news, I have given up. I am going to be pregnant forever.

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

#17 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 12:05 PM

Well I'm not sure about my water breaking yet... I moved in bed last night and heard a loud pop which I though might be my hip but then this morning I've changed my pantiliner 3 times and I don't normally do this...so I took a warm shower and am laying down, we'll see when I get up if any sign of waters...last time this happened it was a loud pop, a gush and then hard contractions right away...I have no idea with this babe. So much for the consign sale. I need to get into the chiro especially if my hip did go out and I'm starting labor...
#18 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
Well I'm not sure about my water breaking yet... I moved in bed last night and heard a loud pop which I though might be my hip but then this morning I've changed my pantiliner 3 times and I don't normally do this...so I took a warm shower and am laying down, we'll see when I get up if any sign of waters...last time this happened it was a loud pop, a gush and then hard contractions right away...I have no idea with this babe. So much for the consign sale. I need to get into the chiro especially if my hip did go out and I'm starting labor...
Eek.

#19 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 01:00 PM

Well off to the chiro...Dh came home as I was too nervous to go by myself with DD just incase...I hope I'm not crying labor!!! We then will walk around the sale/eat lunch and go to my MW appt at 1. I'll keep you all posted...So hoping I'm not crying labor!! This is so hard to know.
#20 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
Kate, please send me all your chocolate bars. kthx.
: They're all yours...lucky you, too, because it's the good stuff I can't eat anymore. So bring on the crappy, cheap chocolate .

Quote:
So then he decided I'm in a bad mood and hasn't talked to me since.

I HATE this. When DH is in a bad mood, I'm supposed to be sooo understanding. When I'm in a bad mood it's unacceptable...even when it's not a bad mood, just exhaustion . If I'm not totally 'up' then he's asking me if I'm in a bad mood, which annoys me, so I respond tersely, which in his mind confirms that I'm in a bad mood and he gets mad at me. : That's entrapment, in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregnant_Midwife View Post
Dh is driving the kids to school, so I'm off to watch a tear-jearker and hang out on the birth ball.
Sorry last night wasn't 'it' and hope baby comes before DSS...enjoy your movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
OK, I'm sorry to keep complaining about this but something HAS GOT TO GIVE with these sore hips I'm experiencing EVERY MORNING. They are so sore for the first half of the day that I have to limp around when I first get up from sitting. I am not sure if there is anyway to help them, but any advice is appreciated!!!! I know we are all going through it, but man I can't not sleep on my sides and its just wearing them down .
Man, so the chiro didn't help? super lame. I'm sorry. Mine still hurt a bit when I'm sleeping, but nothing like before and no pain really during the day (at least not hip pain). Take some tylenol...seriously, no one wants to take it all the time, but maybe if you take it before bed...? Glad someone slept through the night, btw, I'm jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
Oh and I slept great last night-hard as a rock...sorry everyone who didin't! I finally came to peace last night with the fact that this baby may wait till edd to arrive and I need to keep living my life. I heard a loud pop last night and though it was my hip, then thought could be my water breaking as this is what happend with DD but didn't have any signs. However, I am now having some fluid on my panti liner and have changed it twice, so not sure about that... I'm only feeling pressure now sooooo who knows. I knew for sure with DD. It's so hard when you really have no idea.
Well, sounds like the universe is playing a joke on you...you finally decide to be patient (let me know how to do that, will you? I haven't figured it out, yet) and then you get thrown for a loop like that. Hope it's the real deal. Especially since it's making you miss the consignment sale. And the pictures are GORGEOUS!! Lovely family, beautiful daughter .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
For once I'd just like to wake up in the morning and feel somewhat refreshed.
Wishing rest on you and refreshing sleep vibes :

MelW- locks on kids rooms are a bad idea, anyway...when I was little, my brother locked his door and left the room and my dad was so pissed b/c there was no key and he had to drill the lock out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
All the lower pelvic/belly muscles are so sore it hurts to do ANYTHING. Now I have constant rectal pressure and the bh are in my whole belly and back and have downward pressure. Its awful. I'm miserable. I have no other baby is coming signs though
: Soon!!

Well, that was about the worst night of sleep ever. Finally fell asleep around 2 am, woke up a few minutes later to pee. I peed every hour on the hour...knew I would b/c I drank all the water to flush out the chocolate. The heart palps are mostly gone, but I think I'll need a few days to get completely back to normal. I think I finally convinced DH that sleeping with the window open right now is a bad idea, though...with all the coughing it causes. Gotta love the Willamette Valley...allergy season 9 months of the year .

Well, I'm officially overdue...: Looking forward to what will (hopefully) be my last child birth class today, though.

Oh, I've been getting really irritated with DH lately because he's taken to saying things like, "I just know you're going to have to be induced" and "That baby's never going to be born and you're going to be pregnant forever." I asked him why he was saying that and he tries to pin it on me..."well, you're such a procrastinator, she's bound to be late" and "every woman at my work has had to be induced." Of course, they've all had highly medicalized pregnancies and believe that I will die or something if I don't get my cervix checked weekly, so it's not surprising that they could be talked into more intervetions . Like Amy said:

Quote:

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#21 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 01:25 PM

Shine, I hope this is it for you!!!

Enjoy your last class, Kate! My husband was born at 43 weeks, so I throw that out whenever he complains/wonders when the baby will be born (that and the fact that I'm only 39 weeks tomorrow, so he should chill out).

I never had any prelabour signs with Neela, so the lovely pink-brown tinged mucous plug from this morning has me on my toes. Personally, I preferred the thinking I was going to be a week or two post-dates then having the surprise water breaking start to labour. This waiting and wondering is pretty silly

#22 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post

Enjoy your last class, Kate! My husband was born at 43 weeks, so I throw that out whenever he complains/wonders when the baby will be born (that and the fact that I'm only 39 weeks tomorrow, so he should chill out).

I never had any prelabour signs with Neela, so the lovely pink-brown tinged mucous plug from this morning has me on my toes. Personally, I preferred the thinking I was going to be a week or two post-dates then having the surprise water breaking start to labour. This waiting and wondering is pretty silly
I never, ever should have told my dh that I was 4 weeks late...it's been his favorite thing to bring up lately.

I hope this is it for you!! (though I will be exceedingly jealous, but overjoyed for you)

#23 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post

Well, I'm officially overdue...: Looking forward to what will (hopefully) be my last child birth class today, though.

Oh, I've been getting really irritated with DH lately because he's taken to saying things like, "I just know you're going to have to be induced" and "That baby's never going to be born and you're going to be pregnant forever." I asked him why he was saying that and he tries to pin it on me..."well, you're such a procrastinator, she's bound to be late" and "every woman at my work has had to be induced." Of course, they've all had highly medicalized pregnancies and believe that I will die or something if I don't get my cervix checked weekly, so it's not surprising that they could be talked into more intervetions . Like Amy said:
I love it when men have no idea what they are talking about so they just take whatever they hear about someone else's experience and think that's just the way it must be . Being that your DH works with mostly women (I am pretty sure you have said that and I'm assuming at a preschool this would be the case) he's obviously going to hear stories like that. My DH did this when it came to DTD (which I have been more than making up for these last few weeks as I'm hoping it will do something - but no, sorry for the tmi, but I can "O" over and over again and do not get as much as a Braxton Hicks contraction . Anyway, he took what he heard from his buddies and the one book he read and thought that all pregnant women are extremely horny throughout pregnancy and when I just wasn't in the mood (which was quite often throughout) he figured "I must just be different". MEN!! He now has a friend who's wife is pregnant and his friend was thinking the same thing and came to Tim for advice and Tim told him not to listen to other people's stories or the books so I guess he ended up figuring it out anyway.

#24 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
MEN!! He now has a friend who's wife is pregnant and his friend was thinking the same thing and came to Tim for advice and Tim told him not to listen to other people's stories or the books so I guess he ended up figuring it out anyway.
At least he can learn. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my dh, but he's so freakin' gullible. Every new story he brings home to me and I'm like...If I told you a news story that was fishy you'd be all over it and you think these women you work with are any more reliable than fox news?

#25 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post

GL Shine and have fun Kate!

I like this and think I will do the same thing. DH was 3 weeks late - I totally need to remind him of this when he starts to get antsy (I'm plenty antsy enough for the both of us anyway ). Yesterday when we were leaving the Doctor's office he said he was tired of his life being on hold (in his defense he is not working now and just waiting for the baby and we plan to move a month or so after baby gets here) but I immediately said to him, "oh yeah? Are you the one actually carrying this baby????" Doesn't he realize that I'm as antsy as him AND I also get to be uncomfortable and huge all the while??

Haha, I promise I'm not mad or irritated at DH right now at all, sometimes it's just nice to share stories with others going through similar things .

#26 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 01:37 PM

Does anyone else feel that baby is trying to ripen your cervix using a knife and fork?

Does anyone else have to pee ALL THE TIME but force yourself to hold it for at least 30 - 45 minutes so as to strengthen kegels?

Some braxton-hicks here but not much else. And baby still not in position (head-down but posterior, or rather, wherever it wants to be- she keeps turning!).

Re: Men stories: gosh, when I read stuff like that I wish I would have been nicer to my husband. Though, he could have been nicer to me, but anyway. What is WRONG with men? Why are they so selfish, rude, and downright mean? They are like two-year-olds.

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
#27 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 01:38 PM

Well. I have to say, based on everything you guys keep complaining about with your husbands, that I must have found some kind of mutated man. He has been nothing but supportive, caring, effortful, loving, blah, blah, blah. If anything, he feels so guilty that he can't really help me deal with my discomforts other than to wait on me. Even my nurse at the doctor's office had to comment on how "nice he is to me." TBH, it's not even because I'm pregnant -- although that helps -- he's just like that.

Sure, he annoys me on occasion, but I am easily annoyed and it's only because he's not doing somthing exactly the way I want it done. It really has nothing to do with his demeanor. I'm a victim of myself, indeeed.

And Dan in a bad mood? Very rare and I am usually the one to cause it. Which means, I can easily remove it. We really don't fight. It's hard to get him riled up, and I certainly do try.

Such a sensitive guy. I know I'm fortunate to have found him, but I also know he went through rigorous testing before we got married and that my scrutiny paid off. Now, to see which one of us this kid follows. I think I probably deserve myself in miniature but, at the same time, would find that extremely enjoyable. Bleh, I'm rambling again.

PS: I found long neglected, but ingeniously packed, fudge in my refrigerator and ate the whole block. Peanut is now doing a happy dance. >.<

#28 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
At least he can learn. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my dh, but he's so freakin' gullible. Every new story he brings home to me and I'm like...If I told you a news story that was fishy you'd be all over it and you think these women you work with are any more reliable than fox news?
Oooh, very true! I hope he listens when you say that! He's probably only coming home with the "horror stories" and not the nice "normal" ones. Why do we like to scare others when it comes to birth stories????

#29 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
Well. I have to say, based on everything you guys keep complaining about with your husbands, that I must have found some kind of mutated man. He has been nothing but supportive, caring, effortful, loving, blah, blah, blah. If anything, he feels so guilty that he can't really help me deal with my discomforts other than to wait on me. Even my nurse at the doctor's office had to comment on how "nice he is to me." TBH, it's not even because I'm pregnant -- although that helps -- he's just like that.

Sure, he annoys me on occasion, but I am easily annoyed and it's only because he's not doing somthing exactly the way I want it done. It really has nothing to do with his demeanor. I'm a victim of myself, indeeed.

And Dan in a bad mood? Very rare and I am usually the one to cause it. Which means, I can easily remove it. We really don't fight. It's hard to get him riled up, and I certainly do try.

Such a sensitive guy. I know I'm fortunate to have found him, but I also know he went through rigorous testing before we got married and that my scrutiny paid off. Now, to see which one of us this kid follows. I think I probably deserve myself in miniature but, at the same time, would find that extremely enjoyable. Bleh, I'm rambling again.

PS: I found long neglected, but ingeniously packed, fudge in my refrigerator and ate the whole block. Peanut is now doing a happy dance. >.<
Sounds like your DH is wonderful!! Mine really is as well, he has his flaws just like we ALL do, but all in all he treats me like a princess and constantly compliments me and it's very sweet .

Fudge - oh my - I think I must get my hands on some of that. That and starburst jelly beans. My friend was talking about them yesterday and I really want some now. :

#30 of 83 Old 04-03-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
Between a toddler waking up, me peeing every hour, my insomnia, his snoring, he keeps trying to work late but then he wakes me up when he comes to bed and then I'm up for hours.... For once I'd just like to wake up in the morning and feel somewhat refreshed.
Have you tried putting earplugs in when you go to bed? That's helped me a lot. I would always wake up when dh went to bed and often had a hard time falling back to sleep. This only works for me if we're in separate rooms, though. If he's climbing into bed with me, I'll wake up for sure. Can you guys stay separated till you have the baby?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page