anyone else overdue? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-05-2009, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My due date was April 1st and well now it is April 5th. I know from the Friday before last that I was 3 centimeters and 50% effaced and I have already lost my plug so I am really just waiting...it can't be long now right????
#2 of 8 Old 04-05-2009, 12:27 PM

I was due April 3rd. I was three weeks late with dd and was SOOOO hoping to go "on time" with this one.

Jenny, proud maker of red things
#3 of 8 Old 04-05-2009, 01:55 PM

*sigh* I was due 4/2....I decided not to get cervical check until 41 weeks...so we'll see. Also if I get to 41 weeks, I'm going for the castor oil. yucky

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#4 of 8 Old 04-05-2009, 02:05 PM

I'm nowhere near "overdue" yet, but I just saw the thread and wanted to pipe up to say that, its not like a library book... I don't think we're actually "overdue" until 2 weeks AFTER the due date. The EDD is the middle of the full-term period, which is pretty long.

For me, sadly, this won't be until May 7! My son was born at 38w2d, so its going to feel like a looooong and uncomfortable 4 weeks if this one gestates for 42 weeks...

dissertating mom to three

#5 of 8 Old 04-05-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
I'm nowhere near "overdue" yet...

For me, sadly, this won't be until May 7! My son was born at 38w2d, so its going to feel like a looooong and uncomfortable 4 weeks if this one gestates for 42 weeks...
I'm not overdue yet either and DD was born at 38 weeks so if I go over it too will be looooong for me! I am 37 1/2 weeks now, am 3 cm dialated and 70%effaced...havn't lost my mucus plug but I didn't with DD till actual labor.

Doxiegirl: Have you considered accupuncture, chiro, EPO, castor oil? I know these have given people results for jump starting labor in a more natural way... Hang in there!
#6 of 8 Old 04-05-2009, 03:58 PM

I was "due" April 3rd too. Nothing happening yet. Just wearing a track between the bathroom and the rest of the house

“He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.” 

- Gabriel García Márquez

#7 of 8 Old 04-05-2009, 10:24 PM

Due 4/2, now overdue by 3 days. Contractions 5 minutes apart since Friday morning, but no dialation at all. I will survive, I will survive, I will survive.

I may go insane trying to be patient though.
#8 of 8 Old 04-06-2009, 11:54 AM

Well, by the usual due date calculating dates (LMP) I'm two weeks over. But neither I or the midwife think that is accurate for me. Our other guess date is today. So I guess after today I can count myself overdue.

People keep asking me, "So, what does your midwife say?" (about no baby yet), and I keep telling them, "She says the baby will come when the baby is ready!"
I feel like I've been repeating that a lot but it is probably a good thing because I'm sure I need to hear it anyway!

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page