Daily Chat: April 6th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitful womb View Post
Do you consume a lot of sodium in your diet?
Not a ton. I think I'll try drinking water and resting and see if it goes down...it's not huge, like you can't tell by looking, just when I tried to squeeze my ring on it wouldn't go and my shoes felt ouchy. My bp has been perfect so far...I'm hoping this is just a signal that I don't have long to wait because I've had no swelling whatsoever this pg.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
So I was wanting to make it to this morning because it was my bfing meeting day, I have no one else to cover for me, and I hate to cancel. Anyway, I did the meeting, stopped by hubby's office, went to the bathroom and discovered I had lost my mucous plug. What timing.

Course for me that never means labor is coming soon. This is actually the first pg where I haven't lost it months ago, then again since it didn't bother to emerge until 38 weeks, there can't be months left!
:

#63 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 07:08 PM

I had a great lunch with co-workers today, though the sodium from Japanese food plus a very warm day has me nice and swollen now. I also dug through the closet to find a t-shirt that fits, since I don't really have summery maternity clothes and we have a beautiful warm sunny day.

I have had some swelling in my feet, sometimes my hands and a little bit in my face for a week or two now. Swimming helps, as does drinking lots of water and elevating the feet. Cucumber and watermelon are supposed to help, too (eating them, that is).

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#64 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 07:11 PM

oh forgot to share...I just scored three polar babies wraps at a second hand store for 15 bucks...all in trade ::. I don't know that I particularly needed them, but it'll be nice to have variety in case I decide I don't like something!

#65 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post
I had a great lunch with co-workers today, though the sodium from Japanese food plus a very warm day has me nice and swollen now. I also dug through the closet to find a t-shirt that fits, since I don't really have summery maternity clothes and we have a beautiful warm sunny day.
: Ahhh I'm loving today!

I'm feeling REALLY achy and sorta contractionish, but nothing to say I'm actually in labour. Its just super annoying, because I can't do anything. Making a sandwich for ds and myself was quite the feat. Dh went to work at 2pm, because I don't actually feel in labour, but he says he's going to expect a call I think I look quite out of it today.
I never realized how annoying it would be to feel this way and look after ds He's watching Walle right now, so I can't complain too much, but me make dinner tonight? How? Hmmm

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#66 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 08:13 PM

I agree Dawn. Taking care of DS is kinda rough right now, but I guess I shouldn't expect it to get any easier once baby is out either... Luckily mine is watching Caillou right now- sigh, I think more movies and TV might be in the forecast for the little guy. I ordered a train table for him a couple days ago that will be the "gift from the new baby", we're kind of handling it like Santa or the Easter Bunny I guess, whatever makes him more amenable, anyway it will hopefully provide hours of distraction and imaginary play.

My DH also goes to work in the evenings and I think it freaks him out any time I call; he's just waiting for "the call" to come home. He keeps looking at me and saying it'll be any time now, which makes me feel like I must be looking pretty bad.

Anyone else living in the water? It feels SO GOOD to have a hot bath or shower these days I'm often doing it more than once (and yes it is drying out my skin a bit). If that midwife article is correct and warm baths do actually help prepare the pereneum then the baby should be able to crawl right out haha.

So many babies- its still so early in the month and it seems like there are more babies than we even had members in our DDC!

OK, better pay attention to my LO now, poor little guy needs exclusive mommy time.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#67 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 08:48 PM

i've been having contractions since around 5pm...consistent in terms of timing, but not really painful at all, which tells me that it's not labor. just annoying. *sigh*
#68 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncaMama View Post
i've been having contractions since around 5pm...consistent in terms of timing, but not really painful at all, which tells me that it's not labor. just annoying. *sigh*

I hope they pick up!!!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#69 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

I'm... eating. I guess that's nothing new. :-/

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#70 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Yeah, the taking care of other children part bites at times. Madeline is over at my mom's house, she comes back tomorrow morning, only having one child to deal with has been nice. I'm just so tired all the time now, also feeling really crampy, but nothing else besides the constant BH that I always have. I just don't want to chase after a 2.5y, sitting on the couch and not moving is more my speed right now. And now that I've read Heather's post about the train table, I realized that I never bothered to buy anything for Gabrielle from the baby. Being the toddler, she is the one that is going to have the hardest time with the new addition.

Kate- you have quite the dipe stash now! I like variety as well, so I think I have a little bit of everything.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#71 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 10:06 PM

I decided to call my mom to come over...although the line was busy for an hour! hehe what if I REALLY needed her!

When I finally got through I told her, 'now I'm not in labour, but I'm feeling crampy, so can you come over to help me with ds?'
She mentioned calling the MW's about 3 times...which I won't do if I KNOW I'm not actually in labour. She took a cab, which I told her not to do, since I wasn't in a hurry...and then called me twice on the ride over to 'make sure I'm ok' 'MOMmmmm, I'm NOT in labour!

Now after being here for an hour, I think she's settled down and believes me

I only feel cramping when I get up and walk around, not when I'm sitting or lying down...if THATS labour, I want it Easy Peasy

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth

#72 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
I'm... eating. I guess that's nothing new. :-/
What are you having? :P

I've been crampy all day, too. I kind of like the way labour started with Neela. No pre-labour, no "signs", just BAM water breaking. This prodromal stuff is kind of irritating. I never think I'm in labour, just keep wandering around cleaning the house and wondering when the "real" thing with happen.

I remember what labour feels like, so I'm not really in a hurry to be in labour or to have a newborn to look after. I'm in the "easier on the inside" camp. At least this minute or hour. I think I said an hour ago that I wanted the baby "out of me"

#73 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
What are you having? :P

I've been crampy all day, too. I kind of like the way labour started with Neela. No pre-labour, no "signs", just BAM water breaking. This prodromal stuff is kind of irritating. I never think I'm in labour, just keep wandering around cleaning the house and wondering when the "real" thing with happen.

I remember what labour feels like, so I'm not really in a hurry to be in labour or to have a newborn to look after. I'm in the "easier on the inside" camp. At least this minute or hour. I think I said an hour ago that I wanted the baby "out of me"
Add me to the crampy group. I've been feeling very crampy today as well. It's weird I think I felt more crampy when I was laying down then I do now while I'm sitting up.

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#74 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawncayden View Post
I decided to call my mom to come over...although the line was busy for an hour! hehe what if I REALLY needed her!

When I finally got through I told her, 'now I'm not in labour, but I'm feeling crampy, so can you come over to help me with ds?'
She mentioned calling the MW's about 3 times...which I won't do if I KNOW I'm not actually in labour. She took a cab, which I told her not to do, since I wasn't in a hurry...and then called me twice on the ride over to 'make sure I'm ok' 'MOMmmmm, I'm NOT in labour!

Now after being here for an hour, I think she's settled down and believes me

I only feel cramping when I get up and walk around, not when I'm sitting or lying down...if THATS labour, I want it Easy Peasy
Glad you finally got a hold of her. I'll hope that all of us that are having cramps, are actually getting some where, faster would be nice though.

#75 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 10:50 PM

Yeah, after feeling contrax all last night, and being able to sleep...I totally felt more dilated down there. It felt like I had an extra couple inches added space and walking was interesting, like I had just riden a horse

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth

#76 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 11:03 PM

Wow, when I dont get on in the morning, I have NO chance of catching up!

Im full term today! Almost there, almost there, almost there. I was thinking about all you mamas who are due all day!!! I was hoping to come on here and either see that no one has posted OR 5 new babies born! Thats ok, Ill hope for the same thing for tomorrow too.

Lilgreen - YAY!!!!!!!!::: I was actually thinking about you and that darn paper. Im a student too ("career" student, hundreds of credits, no degree!) and I was thinking about how awesome you are, I withdrew from my classes because it seemed like way too much at the time. KUDOS for sticking with that paper til the very end!!!!!

Shine - you and you dh are dtd an awful lot!! Im actually kind of jealous!!! I think dh and I are both a little scared to do it anymore!! (not that its not comfortable, but that dd2 cant come before the 9th so we dont want to take chances)

Did my 3 hr Glucose test today and FAILED!! Its ok though, I guess I didnt fail by that much and diet monitoring is what Ill have to do till lo is here! I DO however look like a heroin junkie, those darn blood tests wrecked the inside of my arms (even though 3 out of 4 draws didnt hurt at all!). Its a great excuse to not do much housework today. The baby was OUT OF CONTROL moving after I drank that glucola and now has been pretty quiet the rest of the day.

And is anyone sad about not being preg anymore? Even with all the trials and tribulations I have been through during this preg, Im really sad to see its about to come to an end. After shes born, Ill be "Isas mom" again and wont be "special preggo" anymore! DH joked that Im having PRE-partum depression but Im about to go from being royalty-like to being surrounded by diapers and crying kids.

wife. dd1 : dd2
#77 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Shine - you and you dh are dtd an awful lot!! Im actually kind of jealous!!! I think dh and I are both a little scared to do it anymore!! (not that its not comfortable, but that dd2 cant come before the 9th so we dont want to take chances)
I agree you two are like honeymooners

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth

#78 of 85 Old 04-06-2009, 11:27 PM

I'm checking in very late today. It took me almost 30 minutes to read the whole thread, and while I remember snippets, most of it is a blur. So, to those of you who are having contractions, keep them coming; to the crampy ladies, hope things move to contractions; and to those who are still waiting, hope things will change soon.

I think I remember that it was lilgreen's birthday: congrats (also on finishing that paper).

And then to everyone with sick kids, I hope they will be better soon.

My day was a blast. I went to work this morning and spend 3 1/2 hours grading those essays I never got to over the weekend. Then, I did some instant course prep over lunch, and off I was for an afternoon of classes, interrupted by another hour of power grading. By 4.30, I was almost half-way through my last class, and I totally lost it. I could not remember what I was talking about a minute ago, and I blanked on student names as if I had recently met them. Luckily, the students were quite forgiving, especially when I explained that this is what pregnancy does to the human brain.

Afterwards, I had my weekly appointment. Of course, I had forgotten all the questions I had, except that I did remember to ask about the birthing chair, and now I will have to add that to my birthplan. I'm still putting on weight, but I am much more concerned about that than my midwife. If I keep going at this rate, I'll have but on 70 + pounds by the due date. I'm measuring at exactly 37 weeks today and the baby is dropping into position and head down. My blood pressure was a little high today, so they checked for protein, but nothing; I hope it stays that way. Oh, and the strep test came back negative.

Tonight after dinner some more BH-ctx but nothing else. DH off to watch the final college basketball game. I'm jealous, but I can't sit for two hours at a bar, watch an intense game, and not drink a beer or two. Too much nostalgia. So, I'm doing the responsible thing and go to bed sort of early. Sigh.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#79 of 85 Old 04-07-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FischK View Post
Luckily, the students were quite forgiving, especially when I explained that this is what pregnancy does to the human brain.
It's that the truth. I'm such so spacey right now, I'm always amazed that I can get through the day without some major incident.

DTD is most certainly not happening in my house. I always get vulvar varicosities, this time I seem especially swollen, I'm not interested in anything getting anywhere near that area.

#80 of 85 Old 04-07-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
So I was wanting to make it to this morning because it was my bfing meeting day, I have no one else to cover for me, and I hate to cancel. Anyway, I did the meeting, stopped by hubby's office, went to the bathroom and discovered I had lost my mucous plug. What timing.

Course for me that never means labor is coming soon. This is actually the first pg where I haven't lost it months ago, then again since it didn't bother to emerge until 38 weeks, there can't be months left!
WOW! That is really awesome!:
#81 of 85 Old 04-07-2009, 12:53 AM

Lindsay & FischK congrats on full term::

Lindsay, totally lame about the sugar test. At least it's only diet control for a few weeks.

My swelling went down...it involved drinking copious amounts of water. Guess I need to pay more attention to that.

#82 of 85 Old 04-07-2009, 01:17 AM

Lindsay, sorry about the GTT. Why did you do it now? (if you didn't already mention why...).

FischK, congrats on the productive day and the good appointment.

I went for a wonderful walk this evening around the lake in the park. Everyone is out enjoying the beautiful weather. It was nice to put Neela to bed and have a little time to myself (and before dark, too- gotta love the spring). The cramps/contractions increased during the walk, but settled down again after I got home. Still losing bits of sometimes bloody mucous, but this has been going on for days.

Tomorrow morning is registration day for the preschool I'm hoping to get Neela into. I hear that some people line up early, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I registered her at another preschool that I like, but is less close to home, so I have a "back up" plan if she doesn't get in. I've been agonizing for ages about whether I should get up early, but it just doesn't sit well with me. I think the whole preschool thing is kind of crazy- I mostly just want her to go so I'll have a couple of hours of time just with the baby this fall. And I hope she'll like playing with other kids.

Off to bed. Tomorrow is my husband's birthday (and my grandfather's) so the baby coming would be a great gift. It's also the day that I predicted early on in the pregnancy.

#83 of 85 Old 04-07-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Off to bed. Tomorrow is my husband's birthday (and my grandfather's) so the baby coming would be a great gift. It's also the day that I predicted early on in the pregnancy.

: Hope tomorrow's your day . My dh and my dad have the same b-day, but that's in July, so we're not hanging around for that.

#84 of 85 Old 04-07-2009, 02:26 AM

Welcome, hibiscus mom.

We went grocery shopping possibly for the last time pre-baby. Took my daughter to the first class in this session's swim lessons and I'm praying she gets to go on Wednesday as well and then my mom can take her the following week. She sure loves those lessons.

The weather here has been amazing for the past three days and it's the first sun after a long, hard winter, so we have been outside and I have not been able to bake. Tomorrow I hope to make bread and a pasta bake (similar to lasagne, except without lasagne noodles...) to freeze. And I also want to get the toddler to the park as well, so wish me luck!!!

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
#85 of 85 Old 04-07-2009, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Did my 3 hr Glucose test today and FAILED!! Its ok though, I guess I didnt fail by that much and diet monitoring is what Ill have to do till lo is here! I DO however look like a heroin junkie, those darn blood tests wrecked the inside of my arms (even though 3 out of 4 draws didnt hurt at all!). Its a great excuse to not do much housework today. The baby was OUT OF CONTROL moving after I drank that glucola and now has been pretty quiet the rest of the day.
Weird to test so late though, hardly seems there is any point now.

I've been doing diet control for over 2 months now. I was overwhelmed at first, but its not so bad, and its working great. I have blood sugar like a totally normal person. It forces me to eat extremely healthily. Its crazy. I thought I ate well before but this is like a whole new level of it. It goes WAY beyond limiting sweets. I think I've eaten like 3 pieces of bread since I failed the test. I eat vegetables at all three meals a day. Phew, its a lot of chewing. There is a good GD support thread on "I'm Pregnant". You can skip to the end, read the last few pages if you want.

dissertating mom to three

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page