*April 7th Daily Chat* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 70 Old 04-07-2009, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
Even though I won't get the experience of giving birth naturally, I do feel like I'm getting a different kind of rite of passage, since I'm really having to let go of what I wanted for myself, in favor of what's best for my child.
Great words!!! They give me lots of inspiration!!!!
I am now doing a hospital birth instead of a homebirth and I was mourning for a while but then came to that realization!!!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#62 of 70 Old 04-07-2009, 07:26 PM

Lindsay, I'm working until Apr 17 unless the baby comes earlier. But next week will be a little more laid back for me because I don't have to prepare for classes anymore and the grading load will go down too. Oh, and sorry to hear about the bruises.

Michelle, congrats on being done with work. Of course, now you can't sleep at your desk anymore...

Nancy, congrats on painting the first wall of the bedroom. What sort of blue is it?

Kate, I hope the walking helps. I can't imagine being overdue (yet). Even though I probably will learn to live with it soon.

Shine, glad to hear the snow is gone. We still have about an inch at this point in the yard, but the tulips and other flowers are poking out, and it feels springy (a whopping 50 F for the last few days).

Work went well today, I guess. I've begun making jokes about being pregnant and the uncertainties of it, which helps and makes my students laugh. BH-ctx just picked up again once I got home. DH wants baby to wait at least another week. We'll see.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#63 of 70 Old 04-07-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FischK View Post
Nancy, congrats on painting the first wall of the bedroom. What sort of blue is it?
Thanks.
It's a deep blue-gray: Benjamin Moore Saratoga Springs.
My house is generally painted with subdued colors, but these two bedrooms are on the bold side. The color is a little darker than I expected, but the hue is a nice change. You know, because I need more change added to the list.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#64 of 70 Old 04-07-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
Thanks.
It's a deep blue-gray: Benjamin Moore Saratoga Springs.
My house is generally painted with subdued colors, but these two bedrooms are on the bold side. The color is a little darker than I expected, but the hue is a nice change. You know, because I need more change added to the list.
Nice color for a bedroom. But then, I'm a big fan of brighter colors; I'm currently thinking of switching my hall from beige (previous owner) to bright orange or sunflower.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#65 of 70 Old 04-07-2009, 08:26 PM

You'd love Peanut's room then.
Yellow. Benjamin Moore Sundance

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#66 of 70 Old 04-07-2009, 08:31 PM

Liseux, when is your section scheduled for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Great words!!! They give me lots of inspiration!!!!
I am now doing a hospital birth instead of a homebirth and I was mourning for a while but then came to that realization!!!!
Sorry you have to miss out on your homebirth. Another thing that's helping me is, I'm also trying to remember to be grateful that medical interventions are available for when they're needed. They probably are overused, and in most cases a homebirth would be ideal, but when you need a surgeon, you really need one!

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#67 of 70 Old 04-07-2009, 09:55 PM

Uncomfortable cramps tonight...Yeah!!! : Now let's pray it lasts! Can you believe I"m wishing to be uncomfortable!!

We walked today and I worked on DD's valance for her window while bouncing on the ball. Doula comes home tonight from her trip so we are smooth sailing from now on.

All you who are complaining of the hot temps...I'd trade you in an instant I'm tired of this cold Iowa weather: It's going to be in the 50s the rest of the week, Yeah!!!
#68 of 70 Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
Sorry you have to miss out on your homebirth. Another thing that's helping me is, I'm also trying to remember to be grateful that medical interventions are available for when they're needed. They probably are overused, and in most cases a homebirth would be ideal, but when you need a surgeon, you really need one!
Thanks, I forget sometimes that most docs ARE here to help!! dd (7) was mourning it way more than we were, she was a homebirth baby and its really hard for her to think she wont have that with her baby sister. We have explained to her that doctors are here to help when we need it, and her little sis might need it! She is a lot better now but absolutely REFUSES to leave her sister in the hospital with "all those strange people".
Its really hard for us to be willing to open ourselves up to doctors after being anti-modern meds for so long!!!(and having 14 mis-diagnosis during this preg) Were learning though!! Dd1 had to go to the ER last week for an ear infection (the 2nd time shes been to a hospital for something wrong with her). I think it was easier for her to accept this new birth plan because she was treated AMAZING, the visit was fast and the meds worked instantly. It actually came at the perfect time for explaining to her!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#69 of 70 Old 04-07-2009, 11:36 PM

I think when the baby comes I'm not going to call a single person. I'll just let them find out for themselves since they all think that's what we would do :x

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#70 of 70 Old 04-08-2009, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
[QUOTE=lilgreen;13513778
Peony... I think I've said it before but your dd is so lucky to have such a committed mama. It sounds like so much work to get her the help she needs, but you're amazing! I really admire you for it.
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
wth! Yes or no, lady! It just seems a little nose-in-the-air! Why wouldn't she accept a paying client who obviously needs her help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Michelle -

Peony - How long is the therapy for?My bro had dyslexia when he was younger and when he was in 3rd grade or so, his therapy was built into school finally. I really hope that you guys can find a schedule you can live with!!!!
Thanks for the kind words, they are nice to hear, it feels like we've been through the wringer with all of Madeline's various issues. This particular person we've found (we are in a very rural area, not many choices), retired here and then discovered she missed working with children so she picks up a client here and there. She doesn't take many, only severe cases and ones the really interest her. She usually works with a child for 2-3 years 4-5 days a week so extremely limiting in who she will see. She has already said that she is puzzled and fascinated by Madeline so I'm taking that as a good sign! If she chooses not to see a child personally then she'll refer to others. And she didn't shy away from Madeline's speech issues (another issue we've been going round with), the last person who we talked to about working with her, couldn't understand Madeline.

We are doing everything out of the school district, all privately. The district here has been sued twice for refusing to accommodate dyslexic students. Madeline's other issues, severe anxiety and SPD would make public school a nightmare, she refuses to speak most of the time in settings like that. We've gone around and around with the district and what they could offer her is nowhere near what she needs, we really have no choice left then to do what we are doing now and that is seek out everything she needs personally. It will all be worth it in the end, I can't wait for the day when she realizes that letters make sounds or can write her name.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page