Daily CHAT April 9th...FULL MOON-come on babies!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
Okay! Well, here's the deal...Eden's a little low on amniotic fluid and the mw said she needs to come today. So, we did a membrane sweep (a vigorous one ) and mw said I was at 3 cm and 90% effaced. Baby's very low and mw felt like it was very likely I would go into labor on my own. I have until 5 pm. DH came home from work and we're going to pick up the house a bit and go for a walk. If I don't start contracting by 3:00 my cousin is going to ask the mw at the bc today to break my waters (if she didn't already). When she did the sweep she thought she might have broken the bag a little. We shall see.

Please, please send me some labor vibes...I really don't want to deliver at the hospital.

Good news, though, was that her heart rate was fine and she had good accelerations. Also my bp was 120/62.

Wish me luck!

Said a prayer for you that labor starts soon and baby is out by 5pm at the BC. Can't wait to hear the news!!!
#32 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Okay! Well, here's the deal...Eden's a little low on amniotic fluid and the mw said she needs to come today. So, we did a membrane sweep (a vigorous one ) and mw said I was at 3 cm and 90% effaced. Baby's very low and mw felt like it was very likely I would go into labor on my own. I have until 5 pm. DH came home from work and we're going to pick up the house a bit and go for a walk. If I don't start contracting by 3:00 my cousin is going to ask the mw at the bc today to break my waters (if she didn't already). When she did the sweep she thought she might have broken the bag a little. We shall see.

Please, please send me some labor vibes...I really don't want to deliver at the hospital.

Good news, though, was that her heart rate was fine and she had good accelerations. Also my bp was 120/62.

Wish me luck!
Good luck good luck good luck! : : : I can't wait to hear your birth story - I am so happy for you!! Hey on facebook last week when I made my guess I guessed April 9th! :

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#33 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Hope everything is going really smoothly, Kate! You're really effaced so hopefully that sweep jumpstarts things and you can do some dilating. Come on, Eden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
I think this is exactly what I needed to subconsciously encourage this baby: a challenge! :
LOL! It's a race!

I'm trying to decide if I want to haul myself out and go grocery shopping. If I do, I want to get together with my mom and walk, but really, it isn't as pretty out there today, so I'm not as tempted... but on the other hand as crazy as this weekend might be maybe I should. It might be good for my sanity to get outside. Plus, if I walked enough, who knows? Maybe I'd have a baby tonight/tomorrow!

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

#34 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Wish me luck!
kate - remember to be positive no matter WHAT happens!!! I hope you get the birth you want but I hope also you get the safest birth for both of you!!!::

wife. dd1 : dd2
#35 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 03:34 PM

: labor vibes for Kate

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#36 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexo View Post
I woke up this morning feeling really crampy and nauseous. My EDD is Saturday, so we'll see! Maybe tonight's the night!
I feel dumb to ask... but I'm feeling horrible, nauseous, crampy, low energy. Am I sick? or is this early labor?? My first was nothing like this. I was just peppy as ever and having contractions. I went to appointments, ate dinner, watered the garden, then, blam, had the baby in the middle of the night.

And Kate- GL!! I know others here are saying it did nothing for them... but do you have any friends who can do acupuncture/acupressure in a pinch/last minute? I have a good friend who did it to herself (she's an acupuncture student) when she didn't start labor in time (water had already broken and she didn't want to lose out on her HB!). She said it worked really well- about an hour later she was in full-on labor. She's a close neighbor and has offered her services if I need "help" that way, but I had no idea about that before hearing her story! Anyway, apparently there are these special points on your ankles that you can do w.out needles too.

dissertating mom to three

#37 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
I feel dumb to ask... but I'm feeling horrible, nauseous, crampy, low energy. Am I sick? or is this early labor?? My first was nothing like this. I was just peppy as ever and having contractions. I went to appointments, ate dinner, watered the garden, then, blam, had the baby in the middle of the night.
It's so hard to tell. Many women do report feeling a little sick and having their body "clear out" before labor begins. But then you have women who literally have no signs and feel like a million bucks and then BAM! labor hits unexpectedly. Hoping this is a sign that labor is soon for you!

Bradley Teacher, Doula, Wife To DH (6 yrs), Mama to DS (9/07), DS (4/09), and due in February of 2011
#38 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 04:16 PM

Well, maybe things are starting to happen...

After being up for a little while this morning, I got a really bad headache and felt sick to my stomach. Laid down for a bit and felt some cramping. Stayed in bed on and off for a few hours. Headache eased off but not the cramping. Just got up and back to the birth ball and feeling A LOT of pressure and my stomach feels like a rock. Definitely feeling "different" today. The pressure is so bad I'm really uncomfortable walking. Still no idea what contractions feel like so not sure if I'm having any or not . I have an appt. with my MW scheduled for tomorrow morning. We'll see!

To all the other mamas who are ready to go today, best wishes to each of you for a safe and happy birth! :

“He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.” 

- Gabriel García Márquez

#39 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 04:24 PM

DO EEEEET WEEBLEKATE!!!

Wall painted.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#40 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 04:50 PM

I'm very crampy and still bleeding...I've had some 'maybe's' on the contractions...I can't tell if it's a bh with the cramps, or a real deal. Eh, we'll see. More cleaning to do and then some nipple stim with the pump.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#41 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 04:51 PM

Wow! So much going on,

Azreial, I am sorry your appt was stressful. It can be hard to believe in ourselves when they make it all so hard. I hope things happen for you soon!

Wobblykate, I am hoping for the best for you!

Gnatty, I hope that your baby comes at the best possible time. Both of our funerals are on Monday, I just found out luckily, that 4 of my cousins are not staying with me after all.

I hope the full moon works for everyone, except me!
I had my last appt today and I think my OB thinks I'm a nut b/c i have tons of questions like always.

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
#42 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 05:01 PM

Kate, here's some wonderful birthing vibes :

Azreil, that sucks that your MW would do that, totally unfair.
Breathe, let it go, and focus on whats ahead

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#43 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 05:13 PM

I just observed that my belly looks really front-heavy. Like, it's falling over my belt, practically. I think Peanut is still semi-posterior and is curled toward the front a little. Not that I know what normal is, but my belly looks very ABnormally shaped. Just so much out front! Bleh.

#44 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
I think this is exactly what I needed to subconsciously encourage this baby: a challenge! :
I'll join the challenge if that's ok. I'm also due on 4/25. And as much as I try not to care, the thought of competition makes things more interesting and could convince the baby to come early.

Quote:

Wish me luck!
You can do it. Good luck! :

My consultation with the pediatrician was worse than expected. After asking us to come two hours later, she let us wait for 35 minutes in some examination room. Then, she came in and didn't even pretend to care that she had let us wait.

The conversation basically consisted of her handing us a twenty-page detailed handout about the practice which we are supposed to read. She was very short on answering questions, either telling us, we first needed to educate ourselves before she could discuss things with us, or that we could talk about certain things later on. She seemed to think that we not quite intelligent enough for complete answers. And for some strange reason, when we left everyone in the practice seemed to think we had picked her as our pediatrician even though they didn't even ask. GRRRR. Needless to say, we have picked a provider for our son, but not this one.

Sorry. This vent was necessary. I'm still steaming 4 1/2 hours later.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#45 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 05:48 PM

Kate I've been thinking about you . Come on Eden!! Wishing you the best for a smooth labor however it is that it starts!

I just had my appt. I'm dilated a fingertip and baby is lower so there is SOME progress to speak of . She guessed I'm probably about 50 percent effaced. When she used the doppler she picked up a lower heartrate at first and wasn't sure if it was mine. I'm pretty sure it was. she sent me for a NST just in case and baby did beautifully. I'm going in for another NST and appt on Monday - if the full moon doesn't send me into labor tonight

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
#46 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
michanders - i'm so glad baby's fine

Fischk - that totally sucks. I've never had a bad experience with any of my health care providers and I'm not sure how I would handle it if i did. You need to feel confident in your relationship. Are you able to find a different one?

I'm letting ds2 watch tv :
#47 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 06:14 PM

Woohoo! Full moon! To everyone hoping for this moon to move some babies... : !

Kate - hope that labor gets going! Sounds like things are moving along.

Me? This full moon can pass me by and I'll be okay with it. I am not 'due' until the 18th. I think I have another week for sure. I still feel too good to be 'ready', though things are changing.

Quote:
I've been finding it difficult to keep up with these chat threads. I don't know if it's my ADD or what, but I have an easier time joining in the topic threads. I feel like everyone has been getting to know each other here in the chats, so I am trying. I don't have any IRL pregnant friends this time around and it has been a great comfort to follow along, even when I haven't always been able to post. I'm grateful to you all for keeping these up!
BennyPai - I feel the same way. I have a really hard time keeping up! Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Azreial - sorry to hear about the crappy MW appt.
#48 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Was feeling fine today...then an hour before the chiro I was looking for a toy DD lost and I felt wet down below. I've changed my liner more frequently but am not calling it my water as I was wrong last time! I've had cramping and a few off and on ctx, mostly tightening of the belly. Went to the chiro and she adjusted me really well, hoping this allows things to happen. Bought EPO and Castor oil and will do those tonight (castor oil on tummy) and DTD. Praying that full moon makes this baby want out!
#49 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 06:53 PM

Shine, I hope the full moon works for you, too. :

Michelle, glad to hear the baby is well.

lilgreen, thanks. We have a family practioner with whom we talked last week and who is much more closely aligned with our ideas about childrearing and medicine in general. But we thought we would at least give the real pediatrician a try because they're affiliated with the hospital here in town and more accessible during evenings and weekends. Now the decision is easy and our son will see the same doctor we're seeing, at least for the moment.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#50 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 06:57 PM

well I have the reply window open; don't know what I wanted to say though

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#51 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
well I have the reply window open; don't know what I wanted to say though
LOL, at least I'm not the only one! I have so much I wanted to reply to but the level of interest and my energy level is not quite the same.

I can't be the only one that is utterly exhausted, right???? I don't remember feeling this way with my last two pgs, but then again I am chasing two children around, and we have so much going on everyday that down time just doesn't happen.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#52 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I think it's a good sign that we haven't heard from kate since her update and sweep

So exciting! I can't wait to log on tomorrow morning and see how many full moon babies were born!
#53 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 10:25 PM

Gravity is killing me.

#54 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 10:33 PM

I went and marched all over the grocery store, flea market, and park. We'll see if that puts me into labor... tonight is the last "good time" for labor before next Tuesday...

40 wks 3 days... I keep telling myself that yes, SOMEDAY I will have this baby... but I kind of feel like I've given up. I guess it is easier to be patient this way...

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

#55 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnatty View Post
I went and marched all over the grocery store, flea market, and park. We'll see if that puts me into labor... tonight is the last "good time" for labor before next Tuesday...

40 wks 3 days... I keep telling myself that yes, SOMEDAY I will have this baby... but I kind of feel like I've given up. I guess it is easier to be patient this way...
I'm 39 weeks 6 days and I am right there with you! I know I will have him soon and it will probably be within the next week as my doctor has a one week past your due date before inducing thing that I am surprisingly ok with. We'll see if there are any changes next week and maybe we'll hold out if it looks like I'm SLOWLY making progress but if not, something's gotta give.

I can't wait to hear Kate's update - I'm sure she's in labor as I type!!!!

#56 of 56 Old 04-09-2009, 11:24 PM

We picked up a swing for the baby today. 40 weeks +1 pleanty of time the mama we bought it from seemed very lonely. She liked seeing our van full of kids she said it reminded her of home. She said Americans don't have enough children and her husband said their one is enough and she looked sad I think we gave her a little happy spot though. Her baby looked around 7-8 months old and the twins were enamored with her

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page