Daily Chat for Fri April 10th! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 04-10-2009, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Ladies,

lilgreen, I am so sorry that you have IL's in your house right now, that is hard!! I hope labor stays away until they leave!

Nancy,
I have gained 59 POUNDS! So, 50 is pretty good I just don't care though, I'll take the chub and be proud! I tell myself that I need extra to make good milk & then it will come off eventually with babywearing.

I am cramping the night away & damn it, please stop so I can have Easter with my family & make it to my Grandma's funeral on Monday.

Good night to all of you & I'm hoping for the best for everyone!

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
#32 of 47 Old 04-10-2009, 10:03 PM

Lilgreen, they cannot ruin your labor. Make a special place in your mind and also a room and do not let them come in. When you are in labor prepare yourself- you will tell them, "I love you but I need to labor with my husband ALONE. Please leave." If nothing else gives you the courage contractions should. Do you have a room where you can stay alone, that is attached to the bathroom?

I for one was at 25 lbs gained and I have LOST three of them here at the end. So I bought a jar of Nutella and a pint of Nancy's organic chocolate ice-cream. Our freezer is also full to the brim so I couldn't even save all the ziti I made. Egads.

Have been having contractions off and on but not at all regular. They are more like false contractions but not only BH- they are also crampy.

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
#33 of 47 Old 04-10-2009, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I feel like we are getting quieter and quieter - so many babies are being born :!

I have had a productive day. We went into the city and walked around and got lunch and ice cream. Then we went to the gym and swam and I walked 2 miles on the treadmill. This baby is RESISTANT! He is still moving around plenty, but not QUITE as much as the past couple of days so maybe he is slowing down and ready to enter the world!!!!

How is everyone else? Any plans for the weekend to help keep you distracted?

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#34 of 47 Old 04-10-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgreen View Post
OMG! Save me, pleasee. My IL's have been here for only 20mins and already I can't stand it. I'm feeling so crampy, too. FIL is predicting I have the baby tomorrow. To make matters worse, they're staying all Sunday and leaving late that night. I"m really feeling depressed about this. they will ruin my birth being here. I can't bear the thought of it. I'm really, really bummed.

sorry, had to vent. They are awful and they bring the worst out in dh.
I hope for you that as soon as they are gone and far enough away that your labors then starts

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#35 of 47 Old 04-10-2009, 11:54 PM

wowzers!! It seems babies are just coming more and more!

Me, dd and dh all made her birthday cake together. Then we colored Easter eggs. We had fun and got some great pictures! We'll decorate her cake tomorrow. We'll pretty much let her decorate it. And we have a full schedule planned for tomorrow. I really should find something that is a little cuter than what I have been wearing. I have dd's clothes ready and laid out.

I got the kitchen and the dining room clean!!! WOOHOO!! Those two places look wonderful again. I really need to keep it up this time (I keep saying this every week it seems)

#36 of 47 Old 04-11-2009, 12:02 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post

How is everyone else? Any plans for the weekend to help keep you distracted?
We'll take the girls swimming in the morning, Madeline has a gymnastics show in the afternoon she wants to attend. Sunday is all about egg dying and hiding eggs, with some candy thrown in.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#37 of 47 Old 04-11-2009, 12:56 AM

Yep, we are going to dye eggs tomorrow (using the Mothering online tips for natural egg dyes, I am sooo excited about that, and can you believe we have everything? That wine I left there for nine months will come in handy finally!) and then Easter will be a little hunt and a basket. I chose three little toys (two Hot Wheels and one lip balm...) and the rest is all chocolates. Was horrified, absolutely gobsmackingly scandalized when I saw the ingredients in jelly beans but bought them anyway. :

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
#38 of 47 Old 04-11-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Lindsey I know you must be getting frustrated with doctors - you are almost there!!!!

So - I just started a thread about castor oil and really need some opinions. I'm starting to really consider trying it, I just fear that the baby could pass his first bowel movement in the womb. I feel like I know so many people who at least try it, but now I'm so worried. What do you guys think? I'm due today and probably wouldn't need to try this until next week sometime. If I'm still pregnant I think I am going to go into the hospital on Thursday night to start an induction. COME ON BABY!!!!
Michelle - I havent tried it but it literally seems like an extreme last resort to me. I didnt realize the baby could go to the bathroom after you take it. I HOPE the baby comes soon and you dont have to succumb to that yuckiness!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#39 of 47 Old 04-11-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyem View Post
I don't normally post in the daily chat--it is hard to keep up! But I always read it Sounds like some things are happening for some of us! How exciting!!

Today is my official EDD. I was hoping for the moon to work on me too (of course) and I did have some cramps all night and have continued to have some off and on all day, but nothing major or consistant. I've also had really loose stools today, but that also happened last week for several days

I am still 3+cm, 80% effaced, high cervix, VERY soft or "mushy", baby's head is partially engaged and I officially hit 30 lbs of weight gain, which is good.

I should be 38-40 weeks pregnant more often though. My house is always spotless (I'm always a meticulous house keeper, but it is beyond normal lately). And just this morning, I've been baking bread (banana and whole wheat) to freeze. I also made a HUGE potato salad, a pan of baked ziti for the freezer, and shredded beef enchiladias for the freezer this morning. My freezer has been well stocked for weeks too, and now I'm just running out of room! Oh and I made some fresh guacamole and salsa to go with my blue corn chips cause it sounded good So at least I'm getting stuff done with this time!

Good luck to everyone and I always enjoy reading the updates!
Holy cow, you are READY!!!! lol Hopefully you will go soon!!

#40 of 47 Old 04-11-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
Lindsay, if I remember correctly you JUST got the GD diagnosis, right? Anyway, if your ##s are looking good, its worth discussing a different "protocol" for antenatal testing with the doc. I did and was pleasantly surprised that he agreed with me and gave me the green light to not start antenatal testing until AFTER my EDD (I did one "size check" U/S, yah, basically to make nice. well, and honestly my "discussion" consisted of me saying that I didn't want to start all the testing yet). I wrote about it in the GD support thread. And testing your own blood 4x per day really does get easier. I still think its weird they are making you do so much so close to term. There isn't THAT much effect that lowering you BS will have now, other than to avoid a small risk of hypoglycemia after birth.

I'm also doing concurrent care w/ HB MW and the hospital-based CNMs. And the hospital-based ones don't/can't officially know about the HB plans. I do hope I don't go too long b/c it will be a serious PITA to go to so many appts now that I am on weekly!

Took a nice long walk with my son before nap. No effect I could notice on my readiness to give birth, but it was nice to get out of the house and I am feeling much, much better than yesterday.
THANK YOU EMMA!!!! I went to the doc today and agreed to one u/s for size. The past 3 days Ive been charting #s, my averages were 85, 120, 105 and 144. She asked me if I wouldnt mind going on meds until I deliver and I said "SHEESH LADY, give me a second to regulate, this is all new to me." (In a nicer way) Its all about the hypoglycemia for the babe I guess.

So I agreed to the one u/s and the daily blood draws and thats IT! My last baby was 9lbs and the doc didnt seem THAT worried about the size of this one.
I read a LOT of those GD posts and Im glad you guys have talk so much to talk about! I was armed with questions and comments for her and I think she really respected that I did my homework and gave her informed answers.

Oh and the concurrent care is a HUGE PITA. I love my mws, but their appts tend to run an hour to hour and a half, pair that with an hour at the doc, info from both (the doc give the scary, the mws give the reassuring), its hard !!!! But Im almost done and Ill have a great birth!!

The good thing with this GD is that Ive been walking a lot more and I think its the reason Ive been sleeping REALLY well!!

#41 of 47 Old 04-11-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgreen View Post
OMG! Save me, pleasee. My IL's have been here for only 20mins and already I can't stand it. I'm feeling so crampy, too. FIL is predicting I have the baby tomorrow. To make matters worse, they're staying all Sunday and leaving late that night. I"m really feeling depressed about this. they will ruin my birth being here. I can't bear the thought of it. I'm really, really bummed.

sorry, had to vent. They are awful and they bring the worst out in dh.
That is LAME!!!! Im so sorry!!!
But cheer up Buttercup! (My dds fav saying) Its only til Sunday night and youre feeling tired and crampy and should stay in bed all weekend, uninterruped, with a stack of books and snacks, right?...RIGHT?!

#42 of 47 Old 04-11-2009, 01:37 AM

Nancy - I gained 60 with dd1. Its really no big deal! Not like you gained it being a lazy, you BUILT A BABY!!!

Michelle - Sounds like you had an amazing day!! I cant believe you exercised so much!!! I hate to say it but you MIGHT be the only woman actually pregnant forever!!!! KIDDING KIDDING!!! Actually, that might not be bad, no talking back, no chuck e cheeses...

ednamarie - We did some natural dyes the other day too and they were beautiful!!! If you do the grape fruit juice simmer, add another teaspoon of vineger every once in a while, our blue and purple didnt seem as dark after the first eggs. Oh and are you doing tumeric? Um, keep your nose AWAY. I was gagging the entire time from the vinegar/tumeric mix. I also did coffee (brewed double strength)

Im so tired, I didnt ge tto everyone, but I hope youre all having a great day!!

Im SO excited to see all these babies today!!! At my docs appt when she asked about any leaking or blood I just hung my head Charlie Brown style and said "nooooo, unfortunately".

Good night!!!

#43 of 47 Old 04-11-2009, 02:00 AM

I think daisy inspired me - not only is the kitchen completely clean, but so is the dining and living room!!!!

Those were the worst rooms in the house. This weekend the rest will get clean - well except for the computer room that is a tornado area and needs to come last.

#44 of 47 Old 04-11-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Nancy - I gained 60 with dd1. Its really no big deal! Not like you gained it being a lazy, you BUILT A BABY!!!

Michelle - Sounds like you had an amazing day!! I cant believe you exercised so much!!! I hate to say it but you MIGHT be the only woman actually pregnant forever!!!! KIDDING KIDDING!!! Actually, that might not be bad, no talking back, no chuck e cheeses...

ednamarie - We did some natural dyes the other day too and they were beautiful!!! If you do the grape fruit juice simmer, add another teaspoon of vineger every once in a while, our blue and purple didnt seem as dark after the first eggs. Oh and are you doing tumeric? Um, keep your nose AWAY. I was gagging the entire time from the vinegar/tumeric mix. I also did coffee (brewed double strength)

Im so tired, I didnt ge tto everyone, but I hope youre all having a great day!!

Im SO excited to see all these babies today!!! At my docs appt when she asked about any leaking or blood I just hung my head Charlie Brown style and said "nooooo, unfortunately".

Good night!!!
Right?? You'd think all of this activity would help get a move on but so far it's not! At least I am making SOME progress as the baby is lower and I started to dilate a little.

Oh, and I know exactly what you mean. Whenever my doc asks me if I'm feeling anything I usually just say no or I try to come up with anything that could mean something!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
#45 of 47 Old 04-11-2009, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
Just returned from the doctor.

Baby's head is descending and my cervix is soft and beginning to efface. No dilation yet, but I knew that. Peanut's heart is strong and remains very active.

So far, everything about this pregnancy has been textbook. I am hesitant to expect a smooth delivery, but it's nice to think that it'll be a good possibility.

Given that, I suppose delivering closer to my due date is likely, but I'm still hoping that by the end of next week we might see some action. That was my original prediction.

Oh, and my weight gain is officially 50 pounds. *cry*
So glad to hear that peanut's head is descending!!!! Was this your 37 week appt?

#46 of 47 Old 04-11-2009, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
THANK YOU EMMA!!!! I went to the doc today and agreed to one u/s for size. The past 3 days Ive been charting #s, my averages were 85, 120, 105 and 144. She asked me if I wouldnt mind going on meds until I deliver and I said "SHEESH LADY, give me a second to regulate, this is all new to me." (In a nicer way) Its all about the hypoglycemia for the babe I guess.

[....]

The good thing with this GD is that Ive been walking a lot more and I think its the reason Ive been sleeping REALLY well!!
Well, your numbers don't even sound bad to me (well, okay the 144 isn't great, but hey, its okay to have a high one now and again). They are nuts to talk about putting you on meds RIGHT before you deliver when your numbers are pretty normal anyway!! I hope your MW is saying that to you! Mine keeps reminding me that I am doing incredibly and she thinks the fact that I've managed to stay within these very strict parameters I've been given by the medical folks is also probably really good for my general health, but that their requirements are excessive.

I have to say the good side effect of GD (well, a side effect of what I've done to manage it) has been that I've really been good about exercise, I've really had a SUPER DUPER healthy diet, and I've only gained 17lbs. I'm tempted to keep it up after baby and lose that baby weight that never came off after number one...

Oh and to top it off, in addition to diet-controlled GD, I am GBS+ *AND* my baby is posterior. Could I have any MORE slightly worrying but controversial conditions going into labor?? Sheesh.

dissertating mom to three

#47 of 47 Old 04-11-2009, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the tip... do you normally like turmeric or not? I use it a lot so hopefully that won't be tooooo bad. I was going to use a wine simmer. The wine is practically vinegar already so will not add vinegar to it. I was going to use bluberries, spinach, turmeric, and wine for blue, green, yellow, and red, respectively. They seem to do our clothes those colors very well : so they ought to dye the eggs well enough!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page