Mothering Forum banner

She's here!!...added pics/birth story...:)

1K views 21 replies 22 participants last post by  MelW 
#1 ·
I'm keeping this short as I'm still hurting quite a bit, but will update with pics and birth story when I'm a bit better.

Giada Lily was born Wednesday April 8th, 2009 at 7:11 pm via c-section. Basically she wasn't handling labor well (her heartbeat kept dropping in the 80's with each contraction) so the midwife recommended a c-section.

ETA: Birth Story

Well, about 9:00 am on Wednesday April 8th, I started having contractions. The midwife had done a sweep on Monday and I was hopeful that this was the real deal. About 12:30 pm my water broke so I waited for DH to come home and we made our way to the hospital. At this point contractions were still manageable.

Anyway, I get checked in around 2:30 pm and just sit and wait. About a half hour later I think I had another water break and gushed all over the hospital bed. After that contractions really kicked in. They checked me and I was at 4 cm.

At this point the pain was pretty much unbearable for me. The ctx were one on top of another and there was no rest for me...so I asked for the epi. It took them 2 tries to get it in, but once it was in I felt better. Around 4:00 DH took DD home so I could get some rest since I felt I wouldn't go very fast based on my previous labor with DD. Anyway, after DH left the midwife comes in and is concerned about the baby's heart beat. The entire time I was there it wasn't stable. The baseline was high and the decels were in the 80's. While it was not an emergency situation, the midwife recommended the section before it got to that point...as I was not making any progress either.

Unfortunately DH couldn't make it back as we could not find someone to watch DD, but at 7:11 pm Giada made her entrance. Cried right away and her apgars were 9/9. It was definitely not the experience I was expecting but I am just glad that she is here safe and sound. I was able to see her about 3 hours after the section and she latched on right away and has been breastfeeding really well.

Anyway, she came out just fine weighing 6lbs 15 oz and 19" long. She has black hair and brown eyes. We are all doing pretty well and DD#1 is adjusting to being a big sister. Anyway, off to get some rest. I'll post again when I can.

ETA: pics...

Giada 1

Giada 2

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.