Daily chat: April 12 (Sunday) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Easter!

Wow- my first chance to start the daily chat. We're approaching the half-way point of the month! Lots of new babies; I can't believe all the action.

I've been having contractions/cramps since about 2 am, but I don't think they've developed any pattern yet at this point. It just got too painful to sleep through them anymore so I thought I'd check in with you ladies. This is the third time I've had ctx start and stop after a couple hours; definitely different than my first time around when my water broke and I didn't have any ctx until they induced me at the hospital.

I think I'll throw together a couple of the casseroles for Easter dinner, one less thing to do later so I can nap when I need it. TTFN!

Sucko update- had them at 5-6 min apart and 30-40 seconds for one hour, packed my cooler bag of snacks and everything, and then they started tapering off. I mean seriously?

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#2 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 05:57 AM

Sounds... FUN!!
Good luck developing your rhythm!

I'm having trouble sleeping, and I don't know why. I did so much work to my bedroom yesterday and was very tired. So here I am doing my milk drinking thing and I'm going to try to go back to sleep. Bleh.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#3 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Jumping in to a chat thread for the first time to say that if this child doesn't come soon, my belly is going to be scratched raw!!!! No PUPPS or anything----just insane stretching! It was so slow and gradual up to this point, I didn't even get stretch marks. Now I've got a belly full of them and it's why it's driving me crazy with itching! If not for Gold Bond medicated lotion, I'd never get a break. But that only works for a few hours, tops.

Sorry, just had to vent to someone, and DH (and the rest of the normal world) is asleep. We now resume your regularly scheduled programming.
#4 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 08:05 AM

Well, I'm still here. Since my EDD was yesterday, that means I'm now technically past my due date! I guess it's no surprise...my other child (18 months) was born 9 days past his EDD. I am still sick with this rotten head cold. I sound and look horrible. Plus every time I cough I nearly pee my pants! So I am glad that my body is waiting until I feel better physically before I take on natural childbirth. I asked my husband how he would feel if he had been training for a marathon for the past 9 months and then got a rotten head cold a day or two before the marathon! So I'm hoping this will only last until tomorrow and then I'll be asking you mamas to send some labor vibes my way :-) Can't wait to hear about all the Easter babies!

Bradley Teacher, Doula, Wife To DH (6 yrs), Mama to DS (9/07), DS (4/09), and due in February of 2011
#5 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 09:29 AM

Heather - Darnit!!!! That must be the worst, actually packing the snack bag. Grrr. Well, I hope the ctx pick up again and STAY put so you can have this baby!!!!

Nancy - I feel ya. Seems like when I get more exercise during the day, Im up achy all night. Cant win!

Sarah - Welcome to the thread!! I had the same problem with the stretch marks with dd1, go them the last 2 weeks. This time around, Im using Burts bees Hand Salve to sooth my skin. IT has lots of different oils in it, so it doenst rub in easily. Try using something with oil, or even olive oil!!

Bexo - Sucks to see you on here and still with that darn cold! I feel really strongly that your body knows exactly when the right time is to have the baby so hopefully it WILL wait til youre healed!

DD1 woke me up at 340 because she was so excited to see if the bunny brought her something and then she saw the glint of candy wrapper and couldnt get back to sleep (we leave a trail of candy from her room to little gifts around the house and then hide eggs) DH worked a double shift today so at 445 I finally got up and let her run and get all the goods without waking him.

I had a dream last night that I had the baby, like I pulled her out from between my legs, I birthed her in my dream. And guess what? She was HUGE and could talk! It was very weird!! My legs are SO achy I cant sleep. I ate a bowl of cereal (a huge no-no on my low sugar diet) and Im feeling sleepy again!

I hope everyone else is getting some sleep.

wife. dd1 : dd2
#6 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 09:46 AM

Good morning beautiful pregnant mamas and Happy Easter. Before I can tell you how things are going with me I need to take a step back and explain what has been going on. I have been measuring about 2 to 3 wks off for a long time now, but went to see an ob, (something my midwife requires or maybe it's the state) anyway at the ob visit I was measuring 5 wks off and showing the baby had no growth in 2 wks. So, the ob convinced me to do an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay with baby. Everything was fine except it showed my amniotic fluid level was a 9 and it's supposed to be a 12.
One mw called me and said they are not worried, but just pay attention to baby movement. So, I wasn't concerned. Then the other mw came over for a visit and made me worry about the fluid level. So, I went to an acupuncturist to have him do some induction stuff and started having contractions. I called the midwife that had worried me to ask her what I could do to keep the contractions going. She gave me a few suggestions, but then said, "Your baby is going to come when it's ready to come". So, then I'm confused. Can you tell I'm all over the place emotionally right now? Okay, so now your updated. So, I didn't feel much movement from the baby yesterday and what I did feel felt very sluggish. So, I called the mw and they sent one of the assistants over and boy did this baby make me look like an idiot. The assistant had me lay on my back to monitor the baby by dopplar and this baby was moving all over the place and wouldn't stop. It even kept me awake a little with all it's movements last night. The assistant said everything looks fine, but all the mw's and assistants agree that they would like to see this baby born as soon as possible. UGH! I'm not even at my edd yet which is not until April 18th. Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to have the acupuncturist do some induction stuff on me, which by the way is very painful, or if I'm just going to let it all go and expect the baby to be born sometime next week. What would you ladies do? Would you try to take matters in your own hands and try to do some induction stuff, or would you just leave it alone? I guess I should also mention that since going to the acupuncturist I have been having contractions, but nothing that is anymore than 15 mins apart or last more than 40 secounds. The mw have checked me and I am 2 cm dialated which is practically nothing since this is my third, and the babies head is engaged. Argh, what to do what to do.
#7 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justice'smom View Post
Good morning beautiful pregnant mamas and Happy Easter. Before I can tell you how things are going with me I need to take a step back and explain what has been going on. I have been measuring about 2 to 3 wks off for a long time now, but went to see an ob, (something my midwife requires or maybe it's the state) anyway at the ob visit I was measuring 5 wks off and showing the baby had no growth in 2 wks. So, the ob convinced me to do an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay with baby. Everything was fine except it showed my amniotic fluid level was a 9 and it's supposed to be a 12.
One mw called me and said they are not worried, but just pay attention to baby movement. So, I wasn't concerned. Then the other mw came over for a visit and made me worry about the fluid level. So, I went to an acupuncturist to have him do some induction stuff and started having contractions. I called the midwife that had worried me to ask her what I could do to keep the contractions going. She gave me a few suggestions, but then said, "Your baby is going to come when it's ready to come". So, then I'm confused. Can you tell I'm all over the place emotionally right now? Okay, so now your updated. So, I didn't feel much movement from the baby yesterday and what I did feel felt very sluggish. So, I called the mw and they sent one of the assistants over and boy did this baby make me look like an idiot. The assistant had me lay on my back to monitor the baby by dopplar and this baby was moving all over the place and wouldn't stop. It even kept me awake a little with all it's movements last night. The assistant said everything looks fine, but all the mw's and assistants agree that they would like to see this baby born as soon as possible. UGH! I'm not even at my edd yet which is not until April 18th. Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to have the acupuncturist do some induction stuff on me, which by the way is very painful, or if I'm just going to let it all go and expect the baby to be born sometime next week. What would you ladies do? Would you try to take matters in your own hands and try to do some induction stuff, or would you just leave it alone? I guess I should also mention that since going to the acupuncturist I have been having contractions, but nothing that is anymore than 15 mins apart or last more than 40 secounds. The mw have checked me and I am 2 cm dialated which is practically nothing since this is my third, and the babies head is engaged. Argh, what to do what to do.
No advice, but I'm sorry that you are dealing with this.

No baby here either. By 11am this morning, this will be the most pg that I've ever been, apparently this 3rd child is already demanding attention. I attended a friend's blessingway last night, she is due 7 days after me, and at this rate, she very well might be meeting her baby first.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#8 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice'smom View Post
So, I didn't feel much movement from the baby yesterday and what I did feel felt very sluggish.
Well I'm not an expert on any of the amniotic fluid level stuff, but if it isn't too much of a worry on their part then I'd hold off. Can they just give you more frequent checks or even order non-stress tests for baby? Like you, I would be hesitant to try induction methods until at least the EDD.

Oh and I've noticed less movement from baby lately too and as you mentioned, much of it does seem sluggish (well like the baby is underwater). I'm sorry that you've had all those worries about baby's measurements. Good luck whatever you decide.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#9 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 11:59 AM

My water broke about an hour ago, so looks like I'm going to have a little easter bunny baby! :

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#10 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
yay for Amy and Bexo!!!

Sarah - welcome! your babe must be in a new position or something that's causing you to stretch so much. Yikes! It does not sound comfortable!

Nancy - I'm with you on the sleep... I was so exhausted last night and then I was up for most of the night. I'm hoping for a nap today.

justice'smom - What a rollercoaster! I agree, though, with heather that if the m/w aren't pushing you to birth soon you might as well take it easy. If it's any consolation, I'd been measuring 2-3 cms small for weeks and then I for three weeks in a row I measured the same so I was 5cms too small at one point. My m/w's didn't seem concerned... although I do have the benefit of knowing that I generally tend to measure small (this is my third babe).

Peony - I'm hoping I don't get past my longest pg yet. Hopefully your baby will come sooner than your friend's otherwise I can imagine how frustrating that would be!!

I've made it to Sunday with no real signs of impending labour (except for thursday night). That means that unless I give birth before about 4/5pm tonight I'm in the clear from birthing with IL's around. YAY!!!

My little brother (11years younger ) and his partner are overdue now with their first. Their baby was a surprise so their due date has been moved all over the place, though. It's hard to know when she's really due. But we're all so excited!! My kids are keen to see who's going to win the "Great Baby Race" - us or them, lol.
#11 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 12:30 PM

Happy Easter, everyone! Wow, Amy! An Easter baby would be fun.
I went to a music festival for 4 hours yesterday and my body is complaining now. I need to get my girls ready to go to the in-laws for an Easter lunch. They'll be keeping the girls for a while afterward so we can log some more time into baby prep stuff.

My baby still hasn't dropped and I don't feel like it is close. BUT, I have reached another milestone: 39 Weeks! :
The girls have had so much junk to eat between yesterday's festival and their Easter basket candy, I'm glad for the healthy meal we'll be enjoying soon!

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#12 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Oh yeah, my vent....

Thursday night I was up most of the night with painful regular contractions and I was thinking something might happen. Well, dh didn't come to bed until 2:30am - drunk. I was so mad thinking I'm going to have a drunk birthing partner and he's going to be hungover on the first day of his son's life. Nice.

Well, last night I told him not to go out so it wouldn't happen again. Well, he went out and came to bed at 3:30am totally pissed. He was so drunk he was wondering around the room and when I asked him what he was doing he replied "working on the room" - clearly incoherent. As if he'd be any help if I suddenly went into labour! I'm really mad.

But, we spent the day with my good friend and her dh and kid on Friday. My poor friend constantly deals with her dh who loves to party - and I mean with hard stuff. So, dh is now thinking he's a saint compaired to this guy. I guess that made him feel like he could go out and get drunk a week before my due date.

Ok, my vent is over. I'm too glad to have the IL's gone this afternoon to stay overly mad.
#13 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgreen View Post
Oh yeah, my vent....

Thursday night I was up most of the night with painful regular contractions and I was thinking something might happen. Well, dh didn't come to bed until 2:30am - drunk. I was so mad thinking I'm going to have a drunk birthing partner and he's going to be hungover on the first day of his son's life. Nice.

Well, last night I told him not to go out so it wouldn't happen again. Well, he went out and came to bed at 3:30am totally pissed. He was so drunk he was wondering around the room and when I asked him what he was doing he replied "working on the room" - clearly incoherent. As if he'd be any help if I suddenly went into labour! I'm really mad.

But, we spent the day with my good friend and her dh and kid on Friday. My poor friend constantly deals with her dh who loves to party - and I mean with hard stuff. So, dh is now thinking he's a saint compaired to this guy. I guess that made him feel like he could go out and get drunk a week before my due date.

Ok, my vent is over. I'm too glad to have the IL's gone this afternoon to stay overly mad.
I've be really peeved as well.

My vent of the day are the phone calls. Anyone else getting them? From friends here and there, that is fine, they don't pester me, but my mother. : She is driving me absolutely insane, for almost 2 weeks now, she has been calling me 3 times a day to see "how I was feeling". And then I get a reminder once a day to call if I wake up and am "feeling poorly" (her term for being in labor). Not answering doesn't work because DD1 calls my mom at least 5 times a day talk to her so at once point or another I get forced to take the phone. This morning I flat out refused to talk to her. She left two messages, both times I had DD1 call her back, my mom still demanded to talk to me so told DD1 I was taking a shower and to give the phone to DH if my mom needed to talk to an adult. : Course that only bought me until this afternoon when we start all over again.

Tomorrow morning I swear that I'm changing my phone message, "You have reached the house of x and x, as well as (enter non-profit name that I do work for). For those that are curious, NO the baby has not arrived. Have a nice day."

#14 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 12:56 PM

Happy Easter, everyone!

I never got back to yesterday's threat because by the time we returned home, it was almost midnight and I was ready to crash. Great day, though. After having brunch at one of our favorite restaurants in the area, we headed down to Freeport and did some shopping. I finally have something to wear in the hospital : . Of course, it was really crowded, and for some strange reason all women were staring at my belly while most men were pretending I was not there. LOL.

After that, we took a look at some of the islands on the coast. Then, we went to a nearby state park and went for a hike. It was really nice with lots of stone beaches. But after about 1/2 hour I was starting to get sore and tired from walking about. Very sad, because it was so nice to smell the ocean and enjoy the outsides for a while. Guess we'll have to come back with LO in a few weeks.

Today, I'm taking the day off. I was going to do taxes, but it turns out that DH's employer failed to mail out his form. They've been doing this every year, but since we moved half-way across the country last summer, we can't just stop by and pick it up. Now, I'll have to find some other way to get the stupid taxes done in time or file for an extension. :

So, maybe I'll clean instead. For some reason, I lost my ability to just relax and enjoy the day. Nesting instinct or just restlessness associated with impending life change?

Some answers to yesterday's chat:
Jenny - My DH is orginally from NC and we go there about once a year. Where in Maine are you moving to?

Lindsay - Yes, this is my first baby. So, I am a little clueless about what is going on.

Hope you're all having a great day!

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#15 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 01:46 PM

Happy Easter!!

I had painful contx off and on all night. Very crampy, and thought maybe I'd have an Easter baby too! But, now that I'm up everything seems to have stopped, so, maybe not. Oh well, we do have a lot going on today with church, easter dinner and egg hunts with my parents and inlaws.

Fast and easy labor vibes for Amy and Bexo!!

To all else--have a great Sunday!!

Mama to DD 8 * DS 6 * DS 2
Expecting #4 Late Nov 2011
#16 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 02:42 PM

Happy Easter everybody !

I was so happy to read about Amy and bexol :
I'm more and more sure I'll go until (and past ?) my EDD (the 21st). Actually, I'd loooove to have my baby in my arms (and get rid of all the pains and discomfort of the pregnancy) but I just don't think it will be for soon...
Baby has discovered he loves to spin around, so I'm not worry anymore about him being breech, as he just turns and turns and turns all the time...

justice'smom, if you're really worried, I'd go for another US to see what they say. Your fluid level might as well be just perfect, you never know with those US...
#17 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 02:42 PM

Happy Easter everyone! Wow Amy and Bexo - so exciting!!!! Amy - your off feeling yesterday MUST have been an indication - I'm so happy for you!!!!

I just went out to Easter brunch with DH and one of our couple friends. It was very delicious!!!!

No labor signs here, sigh. I am so happy for everyone having their babies, but I have to admit, its making me get more and more antsy - anyone else feel that way? I am really tempted to try castor oil today. I have a non stress test tomorrow at 2:30 so if I'm going to do it I think I'm going to do it today since baby will be monitored tomorrow. Ugh I don't know what to do! I'd like to try to go into labor "on my own" (as in w/o a scheduled induction) and have to wonder if this will even work or not. I'm so confused!!!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#18 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 02:54 PM

Getting so jelous seeing new baby posts and going into labor posts. I so was to be posting one!
I'm just tired of being pregnant. I've taken it slow today since my feet were so swollen yesterday from being on them almost straight for 2 days.

Need to pick up a little of the house because dh's idea of picking up sucks

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#19 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 03:52 PM

Happy Easter everyone! I can't wait to see those Easter baby pics (I SO wish I could have one, sigh).

justice'smom - kinda in the same boat. I'm due same day as you (and this is my 3rd) and MW says I'm measuring small (that's really not good due to I usually have big babies) so I was worried too until she told me he's facing the wrong way which could cause the measurement to be off (not making me feel better!) lol. But we have good movement, so pay good attention to that. If the stress test was ok, then things should be alright and you can feel baby moving that is great. Just stay aware.

I had ONE big contraction this morning that lasted a while and I couldn't walk through it. Then that was it. LOL! I have a head cold and kinda hope this baby would just come but then I think I wish I wasn't so stuffy!!!

Hope everyone has a joyful and beautiful (baby filled!) day!!

:
#20 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 04:07 PM

It's always something in my house. DH woke up this morning with severe foot pain, no injury though. When it started increasing with shooting pains up his leg, I forced him to go to the ER. The diagnosis was gout which actually surprised me since he is only 32, but we discovered his BP was through the roof which would explain why. So now I get to monitor him and take him back if it doesn't decrease any. He refused to be admitted which is what they wanted, and I am an RN so I can check his BP at home. Guess it is a good thing that baby isn't here yet.

#21 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 04:28 PM

Peony, sorry to hear about your DH's illness. Hope his BP normalizes soon. Take care.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#22 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 04:31 PM

:Happy,Happy EASTER EVERYONE!!!! JESUS IS RISEN!!!
We enjoyed our church service and yummy brunch this morning. The desserts were amazing! I walked back to my table carrying 3...oh well everyone could plainly see my baby belly so that's my excuse! DD got an easter basket from us filled with things about Jesus and she hunted for ressurection eggs. I can't believe that next holiday we will have two children. This was the last time I"ll have video taped DD by herself...seems so unreal.

I've had ctx off and on all day. Alot of cramping this morning but it went away. I'm glad baby has decided not to come yet, tonight would be fine but just want to get closer to when doula is back, though I wouldn't stop her if she was ready! Still have to keep myself thinking it could be another 3 weeks so I won't be dissapointed... hard to do.

Amy and Bexo- can't wait to hear EASTER baby news!

Sarah - welcome!

Heather- bummer about everything stopping. I get so dissappointed when things stop progressing!

Nancy - Sorry about the sleep problems. I actually slept good last night but am still very tired today!

justice'smom - No advice here, just hugs!

Peony - I'd change the message too! Sorry about DH!

lilgreen- what a relief to be clear of the IL soon!

michanders4-I'm getting antsy too. I have the castor oil on the counter to do the topical belly stuff, but havn't yet. I'm just doing the EPO orally and wondering about doing it vaginally as well as DTD but need to get rid of this yeast infection first.
#23 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 04:55 PM

Despite all the cooking and cleaning today, no action to speak of. Calm before the storm?

Happy Easter to all who celebrate Him.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#24 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 04:55 PM

Happy Easter everyone!!

I'm very excited about Amy & Bexo too, I hope things are really rolling for both of them by now

Justice'smom, The only thing i can say is listen to your instincts. If kick counts don't look good , don't hesitate to get checked. There is nothing wrong with checking too much. I had a stressful pregnancy years ago where we checked on my little guy constantly & all is well, but sometimes it helps your peace of mind to know.

I had 8 hours of contractions the other night, finally I tried the ancient midwife trick, a glass of wine and they shut down. So I am still aiming for Thursday! I got some crazy looks at church b/c I am about the biggest pregnant chick in the world, it looks like I have twins at 42 weeks! But its just 1 and I'm 38 & some change.

Good luck to all of you & have a beautiful day!

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
#25 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
:Happy,Happy EASTER EVERYONE!!!! JESUS IS RISEN!!!
We enjoyed our church service and yummy brunch this morning. The desserts were amazing! I walked back to my table carrying 3...oh well everyone could plainly see my baby belly so that's my excuse! DD got an easter basket from us filled with things about Jesus and she hunted for ressurection eggs. I can't believe that next holiday we will have two children. This was the last time I"ll have video taped DD by herself...seems so unreal.

I've had ctx off and on all day. Alot of cramping this morning but it went away. I'm glad baby has decided not to come yet, tonight would be fine but just want to get closer to when doula is back, though I wouldn't stop her if she was ready! Still have to keep myself thinking it could be another 3 weeks so I won't be dissapointed... hard to do.

Amy and Bexo- can't wait to hear EASTER baby news!

Sarah - welcome!

Heather- bummer about everything stopping. I get so dissappointed when things stop progressing!

Nancy - Sorry about the sleep problems. I actually slept good last night but am still very tired today!

justice'smom - No advice here, just hugs!

Peony - I'd change the message too! Sorry about DH!

lilgreen- what a relief to be clear of the IL soon!

michanders4-I'm getting antsy too. I have the castor oil on the counter to do the topical belly stuff, but havn't yet. I'm just doing the EPO orally and wondering about doing it vaginally as well as DTD but need to get rid of this yeast infection first.
I tried the topical belly rub with castor oil three times now. I think I should really take a hint here!!!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
#26 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 05:07 PM

I'm having a great day

Lots of fun with the kids this morning. Then out for Mexican for lunch, dh says I could use some spicey food Then a fun trip to the playground. Now dh andthe kids are at the il's and I'm resting with my feet up

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#27 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 09:09 PM

I had a dream about you all last night. We were meeting in this sweet little town in New Jersey (?!?) and there was a movie theater converted to a coffee shop and we were all hanging out in this sunny side street. I took the NJ Transit train there (I lived a lot of my life in NYC, but live in San Diego now, so it was very much dream world). You all were so friendly and lovely, sitting around drinking coffees on chairs out in the sun and it was nice. It was all women too- no kids, no men. (when does THAT ever happen!?!) Oh, and the ladies from the GD support thread were there too. There were lots of us!

Other than that, I woke up in the night from a painful contraction, but just one! I went back to sleep. Had a fun day, mom is here, got together with a couple of other families, its warm and sunny and wonderful, just one of these perfect southern california sort of days. We aren't religious but have taken the opportunity to celebrate springtime today. My 4yo son sewed these lovely little felt bunnies (I helped him to make his own design) to give to his friends (and kept one for himself too). DH and I are going to take a LOOOONG walk and go out to and earlyish dinner. Hoping the walk is good for getting some action going here (lots of pressure, cramping, occasional contractions but nothing remotely resembling labor, sigh).

Good luck everyone!

dissertating mom to three

#28 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FischK View Post
Happy Easter, everyone!

Some answers to yesterday's chat:
Jenny - My DH is orginally from NC and we go there about once a year. Where in Maine are you moving to?
We'll be moving downeast for the summer to stay in an old house owned by DP's stepfather. DP will be renovating until the weather turns cool, then it'll be off to Portland. Our mothers are in central Maine, so we'll likely be spending time there as well.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#29 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 10:59 PM

I'm at the movies and have to hop on and ask anyone who is tired of braxton hicks say I!! Ugh I'm getting tired of them and just wanted to check in to see who else is getting a ton of them.

#30 of 34 Old 04-12-2009, 11:10 PM

I probably won't be able to catch up at all on this thread, but I'm still pregnant!

Our home internet is down... the cord is broken. :

Still hoping for Tuesday... maybe in the afternoon after my houseguests leave and I take a nap.

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page