Daily Chat, Monday April 13th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-13-2009, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Sorry about this situation!! How long will they go before they start having the talk about c-sections? Just remember the move from squatting to getting on all fours for maximum pelvic open-ness!!
And just remember, great births come in all types, so induction might be the best route for you!!! I just cant wait to see pics of your sweet baby!!
Thanks Lindsey . I imagine that c-section won't even be discussed (and won't even need to be discussed at all hopefully) until Im trying to push. I think once you push for a couple of hours if he doens't move down at all they suggest it.

I agree that great births come in all types and an induction might be the right way for me (although I really would like it if he decided to come on his own like TONIGHT OR TOMORROW). I will definitely do my best to get into all fours and squat and keep active and knowing that I'll want to do this will be my motivation to at least try it w/o pain meds!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2009, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I took a LONG nap today and I feel a lot better. Im so happy reading about all the cramps and feelings everyone is having!!! Seems like our babies come in 3s and I wonder which trio are next!

Melissa - You are NOT alone with the annoying DH. Ugh.
Yay for a LONG nap!!!! I'm so enjoying sleeping whenever I feel like it!

Oh I forgot to add that I'm going in for a bpp u/s tomorrow just to check on him one more time!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
Old 04-13-2009, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
my doctor is slightly concerned that there is some reason the baby isn't dropping (like my pelvis is too small). I'm just glad she isn't trying to schedule a c-section for me and is letting me give it my best shot to have this baby vaginally. I'm just sick of the anxiety produced from the unknown and am happy that we are going to start an induction on Thursday night. The baby is probably going to be big and although I know inductions are not always the best route to go, I feel that I need to have this baby soon to give me the best chance of having him vaginally. I was over 8 pounds and my Mom couldn't deliver me vaginally because I got stuck so of course that isn't helping to alleviate my fears. My mom is much smaller than me and I know that there is no reason for me to think that I cannot deliver him vaginally and I am doing my best to keep having faith in my body. I just need to have faith in my body and myself and God.

I am here to tell you to take heart and still try and try not to worry. My first baby they said was too big, I couldn't have him vag, and being 16 days overdue, we were getting close to "losing him" because of placental failure. They said that to a 42+ week prego first time mom. In retrospect, I should have punched someone in the face. =P Anyway. He was at a -3 station (floating high up above the pelvis) and I was dilated to ONE. No effacement. I am a size 2 jeans when not prego. They induced, and 8 hours later the doc panicked and said he's got to be stuck. I wanted to push but she said no he's stuck. So she left to go prep surgery. I told DH to get me off the bed and upright and that baby came right out. Gravity can work some wonders. Being on my back was slowing labor and making it hard for me to push. He was 9lbs 6oz.

My next one was not induced, i stayed upright, had him in ONE push, 10lbs 1oz. My mother NEVER had any babies even close to those weights. Hers were all 7lbs and under - her average pushing was 30 min to an hour. Also, in mom's time, they made them lie on their backs too. Back lying is bad for everyone involved except doc.

My point to being long winded and prego brained, is that allow yourself the chance. Don't go in defeated before it starts, just stay open minded and ask them to work with you (birth ball, positioning etc.) Do some of the pp ideas with pelvic opening and yes yes have some faith!! You can't change everything, and if it is genetic then you just go with the flow, but you can go in with happy vibes and knowing you'll give it your best shot!!!

:
:
Old 04-14-2009, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
I just need to have faith in my body and myself and God.
Yes, keep your faith! YOu can do this! One way or the other baby is coming out and as long as baby is healthy it's what matters most!

Quote:
I took a LONG nap today and I feel a lot better. Im so happy reading about all the cramps and feelings everyone is having!!! Seems like our babies come in 3s and I wonder which trio are next!
Yeah for nap. DD and I took a good nap too. Totatlly helped both our moods. Now I hope I can sleep tonight, DD is allready out! DH had to go back to work, he'll probably have to do the 7am-5pm then 8pm-1am schedule till baby is born just to keep caught up...at least he has job security right now so I shouldn't be complaining and he is home during the evening hours when I need him most to help with DD.

Still wondering about Amy and Bexo...have to check their posts to see if updates.

It is quite here...I waaaaant to go next...hear that whine???

User Tag List