*****Daily chat April 14 TUES***** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well definatly would be a GREAT day to have baby today! It's going to be nice out and Dh has meetings all day and he'd love to miss them. I had ctxs starting around 10pm. Pretty strong, cramping, nausea. I was able to sleep off and on all night. I vomitted around 2am and then my tummy felt alot better, no more bacon till baby is out! Thought maybe I'd wake up to water break like DD's this morning but still have ctx, cramping and gas. This is the most for the longest I've felt so far. I did feel like this for a week with DD but hoping since everything else has been different it won't last long this time.

I can't sleep anymore so I'm up on my birth ball trying to keep things going. Only time will tell.

Still don't see anything from Amy or Bexo...wondering what those babies are doing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 09:02 AM

Quiet night for me. No action.
More and more spells of abdominal tightening after peeing, though.
I got some sleep, Peanut is typically squirmy and I started to pack my bag.
I washed the new dipes one last time and just have to wash a batch of newborn clothes.
I'm starting my mental telepathy campaign, now, in a feeble attempt to get Peanut on the same page.
GOGOGO!!!

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#3 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 10:46 AM

I was up all night peeing I'm tired and have a tired headache

Dd is home from school today. We're going to do something special today, not sure what but when you're 4 mcdonald's can be something special. So the bar isn't too high

Shine I hope your ctx lead to sonething. I've been in the on and ctx land for like 4 weeks myself so I know how frustrating it can be

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#4 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 11:12 AM

Feeling blue today. Yesterday was a good day with the mw saying they felt comfortable with me being pregnant until 42 wks. So, I felt like things were fine. I then visited the acupuncturist in the afternoon and he explained that what he was doing was not a true induction, but just helping my body to prepare for an easier labor and recovery. These ctx that I've been having though are very strong and make me wonder if I will be able to handle the more intense ones to come. I did birth my second at home, but have to say I'm a little scared this time. I'm visiting the acupuncturist again today, actually everyday until this baby comes, and hopefully he can help my mood like he did yesterday. Good luck to you mamas. Hopefully your babies will be here soon.
#5 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 12:03 PM

No action here since Sunday- I actually feel fine and suspect baby has settled back in comfortably. :-( I slipped and fell this morning, the good news is I landed on my knee, the bad news is that with my 200 lb pregnancy frame my knee hurts like hell. I'm just feeling a little blue too and also have a headache this morning. I stopped drinking the apple cider vinegar and now it seems I might be getting a cold sore again, so back to that routine for me. Fascinating stuff...I'll spare you any more mundane details of my life.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#6 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 12:03 PM

Had a dream my DH and best friend decided to go to France for two weeks, leaving today. I was mad! good thing it was a dream.

Last night my son fell out of a tree and and I was worried about him but he seems AOK this morning. Little kids are amazing.

Baby can be born ANY TIME.

dissertating mom to three

#7 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I went out with friends last night to the local CHADD meeting. On the way there, we had dinner. Yummy chicken tortilla soup with avacado and tomato pesto cheesy bread.
On the way home I started having long, strong contractions. When I tried to go to sleep, I had horrible heartburn. I kept going to the bathroom because I thought I might vomit. Papaya enzyme helped a little. Finally, I propped my upper half up with pillows and fell asleep. I was up off and on last night with contractions and an achey lower back. I'm still having more frequent contractions - not labor contractions, but noticeably stronger.
Pesto has basil in it, doesn't it?
Think I'll stay away from pesto until after my mother blessing tomorrow ... I need to do cleaning today. Nesting on the fly!

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#8 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Shine - I really hope this is it for you! Keep us updated!

I slept pretty well last night and have an u/s today at 1:30. This LO has been moving all morning and based on my last u/s and how much fluid I had I'm pretty sure he will pass this one too with flying colors.

I'm starving! I need to go eat breakfast!

Labor vibes to us all! :

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#9 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Absolutely nothing happening here in terms of baby. Which is a really good thing because DH hasn't been doing he is supposed to regarding rest/meds and he can barely walk. If I went into labor right now. he'd be completely worthless to me since he can't even get up the stairs.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#10 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 01:04 PM

39 weeks, I have a midwife visit today and I'm secretly hoping she'll strip my membranes. With DD #1 I went into labor 2 days after having that done. SOOOO Ready for baby to make her arrival. Lots of early labor stuff going on but nothing that sticks around for to long.

One of the luckiest woman in the world! luxlove.gif

#11 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 01:13 PM

So I totally wasn't for interventions and so agree with wanting membranes stripped at my next appointment as well.

I told dh I think i'll just be pregnant forever and baby will eventually need to be induced because i'll go too long. Last night I told him i'd take his headache for a year if he would just finish being pregnant for me!!

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#12 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post
Pesto has basil in it, doesn't it?
Most commonly, yes. There are some variations without it.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#13 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 01:37 PM

40 weeks + 4. I thought for sure yesterday was they day. I had some intense, crampy contx most of the night and all morning, then everything just stopped. Nothing since then.

Come out baby! It really is time now!

Mama to DD 8 * DS 6 * DS 2
Expecting #4 Late Nov 2011
#14 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 01:55 PM

About 38 weeks here! Had an appointment this morning. I'm still only dilated about 1/2 a cm (so, not enough to count for anything) and measuring 38.5. So far my due date is staying around the end of this month... I gave the doctor a copy of my birth plan today and discussed a few things. (I didn't see my normal doctor because she might be out of town so I'll probably have to do it all over again next week) The doctor I saw was VERY excited I'm planning on breastfeeding I also informed her that I'm refusing the Hep B vax (I have a signed, notorized form stating as much as well) and the look on her face can only be described as shock and horror I'm in a teaching hospital so she's a resident (as is my other doctor) so my mom and I got a good laugh out of it.

She told me that the eye goop is required...does anyone know for sure if Texas requires it or where to research that? I tested negative for everything so I'm not worried about it...

DH might make it to the birth (if I deliver on time) so that's good news. (He's doing school for the Air Force a couple of states away so it was iffy whether he'd make it or not. I'll be honest and say I'm drinking 6oz or so of wine every night to try to keep from going into labor early (they told my mom to do it when I wanted to come early so I figured I'd try it)

Glad to know I"m not the only one not sleeping... between peeing every 30mins (he sits on my urethra so I have to twist around to pee at all most of the time...and even then only pee a tiny bit) and back pain I'm constantly up!

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#15 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 02:02 PM

Shine - Im keeping my fingers crossed that its more than bacon keeping you crampy (or if it IS bacon, I hope it send you into real labor!)

Nancy - I think we are literally on the same exact pregnancy path here! I slept well last night too and Im getting the tightening, especially after peeing!!!

Azreial - Ugh, sucks being up all night. Maybe dd can watch a movie today while you take a nap?

justicesmom - is there something he CAN do to start labor? Ive never been but it seems that if theres something to help recover, there should be something to help start it!!!

heatherweh - Dang. It seems like being preg really exacerbates all medical problems!!! I hope your knee feels better soon and lets be thankful it didnt pop out of socket!!!!!!!

emma - That dream is hilarious!! Are you scared they wont make it to your birth?! Im glad your son is ok. They always say kids bones are like rubber and it really seems to be true!!!

bennypai - your meal last night just made me drool, now I wonder where I can get that same meal at 8:51 am here....

michelle - Da**it! I thought about you all night!!!! I was hoping youd be one of the 3 that has their babies. Im glad you got a good nights sleep, they are coming fewer and farther between for everyone it seems!

Peony - ugh, sorry about your dh, that sucks. Any estimate of how long hes going to be down? Do you have other support for the birth just in case?

mermaidmomma - How far along were you last time when the mw stripped you?

murph - I was thinking about you too last night, I hoped Id see you had your baby today. Eh.

daisy - dang on the loss of those ctx!!! Ill keep my fingers crossed youre in labor soon!!!

Went to the emergency "catch class" at my mw house last night!! It was fun, 4 couples doing homebirth, all with different first births (hospital, c-sect, preemie babies) there was even a deaf couple there! The mw had a fresh placenta to show us (some people have never seen one!) and my dd was literally on top of the mw getting a good view and asking questions!!!

My blood sugar has been looking great and I feel good so this baby can literally come anytime without the worry of extra heel pokes!!

I have the day off today!! (til 2) dd is in school and dh started his new job so hes gone all tuesdays! Im very excited!!!

Have a great one!!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#16 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 02:06 PM

Just wanted to add...the doctor JUST called to remind me to have copies of my birth plan and refusal form in case something gets lost (way ahead of you, I made 4 copies of everything) AND to give me a brief lecture on the Hep B Vax and why it's good. "You never know when you or the baby are going to need a blood transfusion" was her big selling point. Got it. She also mentioned the eye goop again and this time didn't sound 100% that it was required...just highly recommended. Off to research that.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#17 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
Glad to know I"m not the only one not sleeping... between peeing every 30mins (he sits on my urethra so I have to twist around to pee at all most of the time...and even then only pee a tiny bit) and back pain I'm constantly up!

I have to do the same thing to pee, it's so annoying. All that effort for the tiniest little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Peony - ugh, sorry about your dh, that sucks. Any estimate of how long hes going to be down? Do you have other support for the birth just in case?
I can call my mom, but as a very last resort. She has been driving me absolutely nuts lately, calling constantly to check if I'm in labor. The last person who I want to see while laboring right now is her. They don't know, they said maybe 2 weeks but he is doing the opposite of everything the docs and I are telling him so who knows. He obviously will still be limping around when baby arrives but it would be nice if he wasn't completely doped up on pain meds, able to play with the kids, and can go upstairs with having to crawl. He did finally take his other meds and let me make an appointment for tomorrow with his primary care doc so we'll see.

#18 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 03:56 PM

I think there are laws fir eye goop in most states but you can sign a waiver. It's the law in ma but only my 1st had it. We just signed the waiver with the other kids. Same with the hep b

DD and I went to a pottery painting place after my pt appmnt. I think she had a good time. I ended up painting most of her box though. I'm sure she'll be all excited when we go to pick it up on Thursday

Thechat is really slowing down now that all those babies are being born

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#19 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post

Thechat is really slowing down now that all those babies are being born
I've actually avoided coming in here lately because I feel so left out! I'm SO uncomfortable and ready to be done and it's kind of depressing to see all the wonderful birth announcements.

#20 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=Lindsay1234;13552746]
justicesmom - is there something he CAN do to start labor? Ive never been but it seems that if theres something to help recover, there should be something to help start it!!!

QUOTE]

The way he explained it to me is that he can't do anything my body is not ready for. Not that we are not hopeing it won't happen though. Everyday, he says I hope I don't see you tomorrow and we both laugh. I do have contractions on the table while he's working on me, but nothing has stayed yet. I'm going again today so we will see.
There is a lady on here that has been prediciting babies gender and she predicted this babies birth date as the 19th. I feel pretty silly to say I really believe her. I have heard she's pretty accurate.
#21 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 04:38 PM

: I went to put Gabrielle down for a nap and noticed that my birth pool that has been blown up and in the master bedroom for the last few weeks is rather deflated. It wasn't that way last night so I must have a hole. I don't have a back up one so I'm hoping it's just one and that I can find it quickly, and patch it. I will not be a happy person if I don't have my tub of water while in labor!

#22 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
peony - that sucks about your pool!! I've been fearing that for mine, too, as it's sitting up in our room totally inflated and the kids are just dying to start playing in it. I hope it's just a small one. ARe you able to get out today to geet a patch kit?

Lindsay - sounds like a good day . I'm glad your blood sugar level is good.

Shine and Bennypai - sounds like things are starting to happen!

as for me... I just got back from my m/w appt. (i'm 39wks and 2 days) All is well and she said he's begun to descend. My favourite m/w is on vacation this whole week, so I'm hoping (for that and other reasons) that this baby holds off until Sunday or later. I'm not overly anxious to get this over with, although I've finally begun to feel like I'm ready.

I've done tons of walking yesterday and today. I even played 12 holes of golf yesterday (pitch n putt, lol) with the kids.

Oh, and when we went out to visit the bird sanctuary yesterday I made dh stop and buy some cranberry wine at a fruit winery I love for after the birth.
#23 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

I"m still here Got up and went to music class, things slowed enough, sold my 2 FB diapers to a gal I met there, and then went to the mall for some walking and bought two nursing bras. Took a good rest/nap and am now going outside with DD to keep walking this baby off!!!! Something has to work soon right?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherweh View Post
I stopped drinking the apple cider vinegar and now it seems I might be getting a cold sore again, so back to that routine for me. Fascinating stuff...I'll spare you any more mundane details of my life.
bummer on the knee, hope it gets better... I nearly fell down the stairs last night and realized how clumsy I"ve been. As for the cold sore, mine came back a few days ago so I'm back on the apple cider vinegar too, YUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
I was up all night peeing I'm tired...

Shine I hope your ctx lead to sonething. I've been in the on and ctx land for like 4 weeks myself so I know how frustrating it can be
Well I guess it's the on and off for me too. Still having some and cramping but that's it, sooooo frustrating! I too was up all night peeing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Shine - I really hope this is it for you! Keep us updated!

Labor vibes to us all! :
Keep up those labor vibes!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Shine - Im keeping my fingers crossed that its more than bacon keeping you crampy (or if it IS bacon, I hope it send you into real labor!)
My blood sugar has been looking great and I feel good so this baby can literally come anytime without the worry of extra heel pokes!!

I have the day off today!! (til 2) dd is in school and dh started his new job so hes gone all tuesdays! Im very excited!!!

Have a great one!!!
Sounds like your having a great day! We need some of those!!! I don't think it was the bacon for everything else but the bacon definatly caused the vomiting! I was more careful of what I ate today, didn't do the mexican as I can't imagine vomiting that! Though I may still HAVE to do the ice cream tonight! DQ has a new one I want to try, DH says I can't watch commercials at night anymore!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgreen View Post
Shine and Bennypai - sounds like things are starting to happen!
Hopefully bennypai is having better luck than I am!!!
#24 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 06:58 PM

Another quiet day on the board, but I guess that's a good sign.

peony, hope you'll be able to patch the pool.

AFWife, glad to hear that there is a chance you DH may make it to the birth. While the doctor seems quite vax-happy, at least she called to remind you to bring in extra copies of everything, and that sounds very nice.

justicesmom, hope the prediction is right and you will have the baby on the 19th. It's "only" 5 more days.

Azreial, hope your appt went well. Pottery painting with DD sounds like a lot of fun; I have to keep that in mind for the future.

Lindsay, congrats on the blood sugar!

Michelle, I hope the u/s went well.

Jenny and Shine - I wish that for both of you these are the real contractions. Keep up the good labor!

emma - what a dream. Glad to hear your son is ok.

heatherweh - glad to hear you "just" fell on your knee. Maybe some ice-packs will help.

I had my 38-week appt this morning with yet another Dr. He seemed nice, but nothing special. Anyway, the good news was that for the first time in 38 weeks I did not gain any weight. : My blood pressure was really good too and the baby is growing at a normal pace and had a great heartbeat. The not-so-great news is that LO is moving down but not close to engaging. The Dr. also could not find my cervix because it was too high. So, I guess there's more waiting in it for me. I will have to start thinking about ways to make this go faster...

In other good news, I just taught my seminar for the last time and finished one of my other classes yesterday. Now, there's just one class left (and lots of grading to do, but I can do that while I wait for labor to start).

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#25 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
I've actually avoided coming in here lately because I feel so left out! I'm SO uncomfortable and ready to be done and it's kind of depressing to see all the wonderful birth announcements.
I totally agree!!!!!!! And I feel like all I ever do is complain complain and more complain. I see people having babies that are due after me and just think grrrrr, you totally stepped out of line!

#26 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice'smom View Post

There is a lady on here that has been prediciting babies gender and she predicted this babies birth date as the 19th. I feel pretty silly to say I really believe her. I have heard she's pretty accurate.
Who is she???? I totally would be intersted in hearing her prediction for me!

#27 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
I totally agree!!!!!!! And I feel like all I ever do is complain complain and more complain. I see people having babies that are due after me and just think grrrrr, you totally stepped out of line!
laughup to the stepping out of line!!!

I too feel like all I do is complain here, but better to do it with a bunch of other women feeling the same than to anyone around here....sooo you all save my family and friends from hearing it! Thanks!!!
#28 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
laughup to the stepping out of line!!!

I too feel like all I do is complain here, but better to do it with a bunch of other women feeling the same than to anyone around here....sooo you all save my family and friends from hearing it! Thanks!!!
Pswahhh!!! My dh totally hears it too! We went for Pizza for lunch. I told him me and dd were going to get some groceries and walk walk walk around the store. Then I also informed him he needed to do something tonight as well....he rolled his eyes. Dude That's as romantic as I get now.

I walked and walked and walked. He moved around some, but nada on anything really happening. The thought kept coming to me, if my water breaks I'm going to have to leave all this food in my cart because there wouldn't be enough time to check out, get home and get to hospital.

I have my appt tomorrow. I'm seriously thinking of asking for a membrane sweep and think I would break down in tears if they try to talk me out of it

#29 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post

Oh I sooooo belong here....

Typically late and seeing all the births makes me look at my monstrous tummy and say "see that, you're slow!" He doesn't care. In fact we had a bad scare last night and I went to the hospital for stat NST. My MW was at a birth! Everything was fine and I'm breathing a lot easier today and of course still rolling my eyes at the calendar, knowing it's going to be a bit still. My doula was asking if I thought it was going to be today since we are having NASTY thunderstorms and I just said, nope. Nothing is bringing this baby before he's good, well done and very ready.

I'll have to say though... the basil gives me very strong (albeit irregular) contractions (I have fresh that I chop and put on mozzarella and tomatoes with olive oil -mmmmmmmmmmm) My friend swears that pineapple does it. Well that's not working for me. Then there's DTD which we're doing, that's not working. Pesto and DTD brought my last one, so tomorrow I'm going to a Greek restaurant for some good strong pesto and maybe a little lovin' after. Sorry if TMI.

AFwife I do not think they can force the vax on you (I'm NOT TX resident). Say no till you're blue in the face if that's what you want and ask for a waiver. My first baby was born in a place that threatened me if I didn't get the vax and then I found out I could sign a waiver. So my son did NOT get the vax and I got the waiver and I was pretty livid that they had the gall to threaten me. Just keep checking, call the hospital and talk to patient care services or the chaplin/religious person in charge at the hospital. Usually they know protocol and are honest about your options.

Good luck!
#30 of 60 Old 04-14-2009, 07:52 PM

Hi Everyone - lots to catch up on since I last posted!

I had an u/s today and everything is well! My fluid has definitely lessened but there is plenty in there still right now. I got some really cute 3D pictures of him and the tech showed us that he has hair . He looks so cozy in there I can't imagine him deciding to come on his own anytime soon! I sure hope he does decide to come on his own in the next couple days.

Lindsey - I am so glad to hear that your sugar level is looking good!

BennyPai - I hope this is it for you although it seems you might want it to hold off for a day or two? Good luck and I hope it works out how you want it to!!

AFwife - we haven't heard from you in awhile - welcome back .

FischK - congrats on not gaining weight and having good blood pressure! My cervix has been up so high too at every appt and baby's head has been as well. I know how frustrating it is to hear .

Everyone else - I hope you are feeling well and as comfortable as can be .

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page