Daily Chat: Wednesday, April 15th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 05:32 PM
 
Murph12334's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh yea and i lost 1 lb, so now only 19lb total weight gain this pregnancy

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

Murph12334 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-15-2009, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter
 
nancy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 1,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
oh yea and i lost 1 lb, so now only 19lb total weight gain this pregnancy
Hush.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
nancy11 is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 05:44 PM
 
liseux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: washington d.c.
Posts: 1,216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lilgreen, Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it!
I can't rest, I'm wired!!!!

Lindsay, I love having the same gender, I get constant comments about it though. I could try for a girl, but I don't think it will happen and I really don't mind. I love little boys! I will have 4 living, one of mine is in heaven, he passed away after birth, what happened to him is why I have to have a C section, but I don't want to go into detail & scare anyone. I'm open about it with everyone & with my other kids, but pregnancy is definitely not a picnic for me anymore. In fact, this is my 3rd subsequent(after loss) baby and the first time I've joined a ddc.

Murph, it does sound like your appt was a challenge! If you do end up having to do the antibiotics for GBS i recommend taking liquid or powder acidophilus the day of the birth and after to prevent thrush. I hope they find the results though!

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
liseux is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 07:48 PM
 
michanders4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liseux - I'm so excited for you!!!! And thanks so much for thinking of me :-).

Nancy - cheesecake for lunch sounds so ideal to me!! I just realized I didn't eat any lunch and now I will make up for it at dinner :. At least the reason I skipped lunch is because I was napping so soundly!

Lindsey - how did your u/s go?????????????

Murph - I think its great that you are already at 4cm and think it is only a matter of time for you!!!! :

Lilgreen - 10km every day ???? People are amazed when they hear I walk 2-3 miles!

Azreial - sorry to hear about your tummy - I hope it feels better soon!

I know we mentioned movement earlier, but this little one has been moving much less today. He is still moving and I checked his heartbeat with the doppler and it sounds great, but I still don't like that he is moving less. I am just ready to have him here with us so that I can stop worrying about every little movement or lack there of, etc. I know it will be a whole different world when it comes to worrying when he is here, but I'm just ready to meet him!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
michanders4 is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 07:54 PM
 
Peony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 15,918
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
My tummy is upset again. I think it's because I ate too much and too many foods that don't go together

I'm laying in bed with my dogs hiding out until I need to get ready to go to my appmnt
I hope you are feeling better by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liseux View Post
Except...tomorrow morning is my C section!!! Please send happy healthy thoughts & good healing thoughts my way if you don't mind. Part of me wants to be 39 weeks forever, its sweet & private btwn baby & me right now. Although I am kind of in denial that my 5th boy will be out tomorrow. I feel good about the surgeon, I know that this birth method is safest for my baby, but its always a little nerve-racking!

Good luck to everyone & I hope things are moving along for those that are ready, like you Nancy!!
Congrats on the 5th boy! I also love hearing about families with all one gender. I don't know what #3 is, but We'd be utterly thrilled if it turns out to be the 3rd girl for us. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and wishing that your birth goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
Just got back from my appointment. So I'm due on Sat.

They couldn't find my gbs results still - grrr - so still have no clue if it was positive or negative. They did the swap 3 weeks ago! Meaning if they don;t find it and i go into labor, i'm guessing they'll treat me as if I am positive... I will so not be a happy camper

I'm still 80-90% dialated and at 4 cent now and -1 station.

I asked how long they let you go. She said since I'm due on Sat, at next weeks appointment they will schedule an induction if I haven't gone. I questioned about doing anything else and had her strip my membranes when I was there. (that didn't hurt a bit)

I have an appointment on Monday for a NST and then will see the midwife again. I asked if she could strip again on Monday and she said she could. So hopefully.... I have another NST scheduled for Thursday as well.

She said that since I'm already 4 cent she highly doubts the Cervidil would do anything for me. So that would me inducing with pitocin.

I told her I really want to avoid pitocin. She recommended walking and nipple stimulation to try to get things going. She said they can do a low dose pitocin to try to get things going if it comes to induction and turn it off.

Sigh

So Not really happy with my appointment...
Why are they wanting to induce so early? An induction next week, you wouldn't even be to 41 weeks yet.




I decided that DD1 wasn't going on the sleep over. Is the pressure from baby getting to anyone else? It's so bad today, we were at a friend's house this afternoon and I could hardly stand to sit because baby feels like it's right there. Not to mention trying to actually walk. It's tolerable if I lay down but like that happens with my children.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Peony is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 08:10 PM
 
FischK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Only two more days left and then I officially don't have to go to work anymore! : Even though I will probably be so bored waiting around that I'll be in my office nevertheless. It looks like our dinner guests may have decided to postpone to avoid getting me sick, which I really appreciate. Now of course, I've all this food that needs to go, but I'm sure I'll find a way to eat it.

Azreial, hope your stomach is slowly getting better. It's about time you start feeling normal again (If possible while pregnant).

Liseux, I wish you the best of luck tomorrow and that you may soon hold your fifth boy in your arms. :

Murph, I will keep my fingers crossed that you go into labor before Monday.

Lilgreen, you walk 10k/day? I wish I could do that, but I tire when going to the supermarket. I should really use next week to get in shape...

Michelle, I know what you mean about the movement. I'm currently trying to count movements and it's not going anywhere. He's moving but so slowly that I usually get distracted just waiting. I so wish I could just hold him to make sure he's ok. Oh, and I also wish that you will go into labor in the next 24 hours.

Lindsay, hope all is well with you. And I didn't even notice the typo (threaT) until you pointed it out. Must be subconscious or something.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

FischK is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 10:32 PM
 
Azreial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Gloucester MA
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm all grrrrr. My appmnt sucked. Just lost of pushy-ness and then a a grrr experience at the hospital for the NST (the bc had 2 boked at the same time and only one spot to do them : )

Ended up having to leave l&d AMA because after over and hr they wanted to do more monitoring because "baby is too active". l&d nurse got po'd because we were leaving and they were having u/s come up to check. Check whaty and why I don't know because NO ONE TALKED TO US!!!!! At one point we sat there for almost 20 minutes with the monitor not picking up the HR without anyone coming in and to try and get it to read again.

The nurse was got was terrible. She came in at one point looked saw the monitor wan't picking the HR up scolded me for having a too active baby and LEFT she didn't try to get the monitor to pick up the hr or anything she just lefT!!!

DH tried to explain that this is baby active time and bnaby will continue to be active until 9-10 tonight. She just kind of shrugged and said "if that's what it takes" I'm sorry there was no way we could stay until 10, we had been there since 5:20 and we have 4 other children waiting for us to come home and its not like anything alarming was popping up. The baby was just "moving too much"

Before that at the bc I heard, waaay too many times that I need to have this baby by 41+4. On the car ride home dh wanted to know "or what? are you going to expolode" My other two singletons were both born after that, one at almost 43wks!! I said that to the mw (same one who gave me the hard time last week) and said just repeated that the baby needs to be born by Sunday and we need to start thinking about what we can do to make that happen.

I'm so right now. I'm just under shaking

DH is angry too. He said if we have a msg from the mw at the bc abotu us leaving giving me a hard time he's taking the day off work tomorrow and going down to the hospital to complain. It was that bad


Then just to make the day even better, we needed to mail our taxes, a whopping $5 and there is only one post office in the whole state that is open extended hours today and its in Boston!!!! Because of our appmnt being 3 hours instead of less than 1 we missed the po and are going to end up owing the IRS penalities etc because apprently the post office is no longer offering extended hours on tax day :
Not that it should, but there were 6+ other people who at the po who thought it would be open until at least 8, that made me feel a little better

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Azreial is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 10:38 PM
 
Gnatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: midwest
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I just skimmed the thread... no internet at home, still...but here I am! 9 days past the due date. Baby was a bit quiet yesterday morning, but did great all afternoon and has been busy today, so I'm reassured.

Had my membranes stripped last night, made it into a chiro today, so hoping that does something... hoping something starts soon, or I'll need to get in and have a biophysical profile, and my prefered backup doc is booked until too long after now to be any use, so I'd have to go see somebody else.

Anyway... I saw that some of you are having upset stomaches, so am I. But on the plus side, my 1 year old had spots on his tummy yesterday, and today I can confirm that they are NOT indeed chicken pox! I definitely want him to get pox, but not right now!

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

Gnatty is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 10:58 PM
 
Murph12334's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why are they wanting to induce so early? An induction next week, you wouldn't even be to 41 weeks yet.

-No they would schedule an induction next week, for the following week. Sorry I didn't say that right. So I'd be 41+ (closer to 42) when they'd induce

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

Murph12334 is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 11:53 PM
 
Lindsay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liseux View Post
Lindsay, I love having the same gender, I get constant comments about it though. I could try for a girl, but I don't think it will happen and I really don't mind. I love little boys! I will have 4 living, one of mine is in heaven, he passed away after birth, what happened to him is why I have to have a C section, but I don't want to go into detail & scare anyone. I'm open about it with everyone & with my other kids, but pregnancy is definitely not a picnic for me anymore. In fact, this is my 3rd subsequent(after loss) baby and the first time I've joined a ddc.
I am so so sorry for your loss but I am so glad you joined this board!!! (and dont worry, Im not scared, Im glad that you have found peace and have the courage to get preg again!!!) Its been so nice to have ladies I can open up to that have "been there" before, especially when it comes to tough or embarrassing situations!!

Oh! And have a GREAT birth tomorrow!!!!!!::::

wife. dd1 : dd2
Lindsay1234 is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:00 AM
 
Lindsay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post

Lindsey - how did your u/s go?????????????


I know we mentioned movement earlier, but this little one has been moving much less today. He is still moving and I checked his heartbeat with the doppler and it sounds great, but I still don't like that he is moving less. I am just ready to have him here with us so that I can stop worrying about every little movement or lack there of, etc. I know it will be a whole different world when it comes to worrying when he is here, but I'm just ready to meet him!!
I actually didnt go!! We looked at dd1s prenatal and birth chart the other day and saw that I am the EXACT same size with this one and had an easy labor! The u/s was for weight but the doc said it could be a pound +/- which could give them ammunition if they think the baby is 10 lbs. They would probably want to induce or c-sect me. Dd1 was 9 lbs, 21 inches, so Im really confident that even a 10lb-er wouldnt be that much more difficult!!

My blood sugar is going well, I havent gained ANY weight practically(sorry ladies) and I have NO symptoms of anything wrong. SO were going to forgo any testing unless medically necessary. The doc actually told us these tests were just procedure, not because anything is wrong.

And I hear you on the less movement! Itll be nice to stop worrying so much and have this baby in our arms....wait....its 7pm, does this mean Michelle is in labor?!::

wife. dd1 : dd2
Lindsay1234 is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:03 AM
 
Lindsay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FischK View Post
I'm currently trying to count movements and it's not going anywhere. He's moving but so slowly that I usually get distracted just waiting. I so wish I could just hold him to make sure he's ok.
These last couple weeks have been hard and nerve racking for all of us. Well get through it!!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
Lindsay1234 is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:11 AM
 
Lindsay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Azreial - that just BLOWS, the whole darn thing, the docs and the taxes/post office. :
I guess I dont understand if you have a history of late babies, what makes this one so special and needing to come early?! (no offense, all babies ARE special!!)
And as for the "too active" drama. My baby was too active too and the docs couldnt do their thing and got frustrated. Um hello?! When is too active a BAD thing?! UGH!!! Im so sorry you had to put up with all that crap!!!

gnatty - Boo to no baby yet but yay::: to no chicken pox!!! COuld it be new detergent? dd gets rashy when I switch detergents.

wife. dd1 : dd2
Lindsay1234 is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:14 AM
 
michanders4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
I actually didnt go!! We looked at dd1s prenatal and birth chart the other day and saw that I am the EXACT same size with this one and had an easy labor! The u/s was for weight but the doc said it could be a pound +/- which could give them ammunition if they think the baby is 10 lbs. They would probably want to induce or c-sect me. Dd1 was 9 lbs, 21 inches, so Im really confident that even a 10lb-er wouldnt be that much more difficult!!

My blood sugar is going well, I havent gained ANY weight practically(sorry ladies) and I have NO symptoms of anything wrong. SO were going to forgo any testing unless medically necessary. The doc actually told us these tests were just procedure, not because anything is wrong.

And I hear you on the less movement! Itll be nice to stop worrying so much and have this baby in our arms....wait....its 7pm, does this mean Michelle is in labor?!::

Good for you for not going. At this point in time I feel it won't tell you much as far as the weight. Since they did a weight check at 39 weeks for me they didn't even do one yesterday. The weight is usually off and usually off in a higher direction so I have a feeling this baby is somewhere around 8.5 pounds which I am very ok with . Since I have less fluid now my belly is actually measuring right on track .

Oh and I go tomorrow at 6 (EST)!!!! I'll have my computer with me and I'll keep you updated when I can .

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
michanders4 is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:35 AM
 
Peony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 15,918
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
I'm all grrrrr. My appmnt sucked. Just lost of pushy-ness and then a a grrr experience at the hospital for the NST (the bc had 2 boked at the same time and only one spot to do them : )

Ended up having to leave l&d AMA because after over and hr they wanted to do more monitoring because "baby is too active". l&d nurse got po'd because we were leaving and they were having u/s come up to check. Check whaty and why I don't know because NO ONE TALKED TO US!!!!! At one point we sat there for almost 20 minutes with the monitor not picking up the HR without anyone coming in and to try and get it to read again.

The nurse was got was terrible. She came in at one point looked saw the monitor wan't picking the HR up scolded me for having a too active baby and LEFT she didn't try to get the monitor to pick up the hr or anything she just lefT!!!

DH tried to explain that this is baby active time and bnaby will continue to be active until 9-10 tonight. She just kind of shrugged and said "if that's what it takes" I'm sorry there was no way we could stay until 10, we had been there since 5:20 and we have 4 other children waiting for us to come home and its not like anything alarming was popping up. The baby was just "moving too much"

Before that at the bc I heard, waaay too many times that I need to have this baby by 41+4. On the car ride home dh wanted to know "or what? are you going to expolode" My other two singletons were both born after that, one at almost 43wks!! I said that to the mw (same one who gave me the hard time last week) and said just repeated that the baby needs to be born by Sunday and we need to start thinking about what we can do to make that happen.

I'm so right now. I'm just under shaking

DH is angry too. He said if we have a msg from the mw at the bc abotu us leaving giving me a hard time he's taking the day off work tomorrow and going down to the hospital to complain. It was that bad


Then just to make the day even better, we needed to mail our taxes, a whopping $5 and there is only one post office in the whole state that is open extended hours today and its in Boston!!!! Because of our appmnt being 3 hours instead of less than 1 we missed the po and are going to end up owing the IRS penalities etc because apprently the post office is no longer offering extended hours on tax day :
Not that it should, but there were 6+ other people who at the po who thought it would be open until at least 8, that made me feel a little better
: I can't believe that! Talk about a bad day all round. If all your others were late, why is this one any different? And I'm sorry about your taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
I actually didnt go!! We looked at dd1s prenatal and birth chart the other day and saw that I am the EXACT same size with this one and had an easy labor! The u/s was for weight but the doc said it could be a pound +/- which could give them ammunition if they think the baby is 10 lbs. They would probably want to induce or c-sect me. Dd1 was 9 lbs, 21 inches, so Im really confident that even a 10lb-er wouldnt be that much more difficult!!

My blood sugar is going well, I havent gained ANY weight practically(sorry ladies) and I have NO symptoms of anything wrong. SO were going to forgo any testing unless medically necessary. The doc actually told us these tests were just procedure, not because anything is wrong.

And I hear you on the less movement! Itll be nice to stop worrying so much and have this baby in our arms....wait....its 7pm, does this mean Michelle is in labor?!::
Awesome! :

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Peony is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:53 AM
 
heatherweh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Its been grey and rainy here and this month has been relatively cold. I really thought I'd be out and about in t-shirts and skirts and stuff by now. Today I am just feeling blue, on the verge of tears. I feel like when I have my period, all crampy and headachey and just generally uncomfortable and melancholy.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
heatherweh is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 01:09 AM
 
fruitful womb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Fort Worth TX
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been so tired. It hurts to move. I'm so very overwhelmed. AND I lost 10 lbs in two weeks! I was 168.4 now I'm 158.8. I am eating... Don't know why the sudden weightloss!?? My dh is worried. He is urging me to eat because he can see my ribbs. I don't understand whats happening to me.
fruitful womb is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 01:13 AM
 
Azreial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Gloucester MA
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm feeling better now. Bc called a couple hours ago, dh just turned the answering machine down so I couldn't hear. He said he's going to call and take care of things tomorrow

Why the pressure for 41+4? I'm a vbac this time and the bc is on the verge of getting closed by the hospital and has had extremely restricice rules put in them. Unfortunatly we've gottne "the rules mw", as dh calls her, these last couple of visits

The vbac thing is very frustrating. According to this mw because I have a scar my placenta ages sooner. Yes she said that!! Pretty much any bad thing that can happen because of post dates will magically happen at exactly 41+4 because I have a scar

She's so serious about this 41+4 that she didn't even want me to make another prenatal appmnt because if I don't have the baby by Sunday they're "going to have to admit me on Monday" ah yeah ever hear of a little thing called informed consent? Or patients rights?
She never asked us what we wanted or thought never mind risks/benfits. She just told us what the protocols are in a manner that suggests there isn't any room fir discussion

It's just so stressful

I'm really glad that we're having a home birth. While the whole thing sucks it would suck 100x more if I was going to have to birth with all of that drama. Hb mw is fine with me going to 43wks

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Azreial is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 01:27 AM
 
emmaegbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,881
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
I'm really glad that we're having a home birth. While the whole thing sucks it would suck 100x more if I was going to have to birth with all of that drama. Hb mw is fine with me going to 43wks
This is so my situation too. I am so glad I am planning a HB for many reasons, not least of all b/c at this point otherwise I would be under so much stress of a "ticking clock". I have been diagnosed with GD and its PERFECTLY controlled with diet, yet the medical folks say I must have baby by 40+4 (that was an "extension" granted by the special perinatologist from 40w) and then they kick me out of birth center into Labor and Delivery and start on my case that I need an induction. I already told them I wouldn't do an induction based on a calendar date, but still, I imagine they will start in on me about it if I get that far.

Meanwhile, HB MWs are so relaxed about my gestational diabetes, and they think my fasting ##s may be actually getting too low... they are more concerned about my lack of weight gain and that I should be eating more...

Sorry to hear about tax stress for others. For the first time EVER I got them in early (was so worried if baby came...). Its probably too late now anyway, but what about e-file??

Alright, good luck ladies. Can't wait to read more birth announcements and birth stories tomorrow! BTW... do you gals plan to write your birth stories in that forum and link to them? I don't even know how to do that... (unless its as simple as just pasting in the address from the top of the browser?)

dissertating mom to three

emmaegbert is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 02:11 AM
 
Lindsay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
michelle - YES!!!!!! I cant wait to see a pic of that fat, beautiful boy with those lips!!!!

Peony - seeing your MDC name reminded me that I bought a HUGE bouquet of the most BEAUTIFUL peonies today from the co-op. They were the brightest pink and I literally gasped when I saw them!!!

Heather - I know youre sick but I want to say Im excited for you!!! Seems like a couple ladies on this board have had "the flu" right before they went into labor. Ill keep my confidence quiet though

Fruitful - that is really odd BUT even though you are eating, you arent eating as much and because the baby is literally growing a half pound a week (or whatever) it COULD be because you arent getting any of your food, its all going to the babe. Have you talked to your doc?

Azreial - your situation is pretty baffling to me. I wonder what magic happens at 41+4 exactly? Im glad your DH is handling it for you, mine got put in charge of all doc calls from now on too!

emma - You have a problem with weight too? These last few weeks have just been CRAZY for all of the ladies on this board!! and YES!!!!! for the early taxes, we did the same thing, I did NOT want that to be on my list!!!

A doula told me the funniest thing the other day. When I showed her and my mw the birth plan I told them, I want to keep this short and sweet, is this ok? I mentioned that I didnt want many vaginal exams but didnt include that on the list. The doula said "I tell all the preg women I work with, if you dont want a vaginal exam, dont take your panties off" I died laughing!!! Shes right though, we need to remember that "procedures" cant be forced on us and that we still have the ultimate say!!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
Lindsay1234 is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 02:15 AM
 
michanders4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
michelle - YES!!!!!! I cant wait to see a pic of that fat, beautiful boy with those lips!!!!

I cant wait to kiss those chubby little cheeks .

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
michanders4 is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 03:07 AM
 
emmaegbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,881
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
emma - You have a problem with weight too? These last few weeks have just been CRAZY for all of the ladies on this board!! and YES!!!!! for the early taxes, we did the same thing, I did NOT want that to be on my list!!!

[...]

A doula told me the funniest thing the other day. When I showed her and my mw the birth plan I told them, I want to keep this short and sweet, is this ok? I mentioned that I didnt want many vaginal exams but didnt include that on the list. The doula said "I tell all the preg women I work with, if you dont want a vaginal exam, dont take your panties off" I died laughing!!! Shes right though, we need to remember that "procedures" cant be forced on us and that we still have the ultimate say!!!
Yes yes yes, you don't have to consent to anything! One of the CNMs at the medical practice gave me a big pep talk about this-- that if I "end up" in L&D I don't have to have IV, electronic monitor, labor augmentation, and that I should stick to what I know is right for me, and not treat doctors as if though they give orders... they give recommendations based on their experience. I've talked to my DH about what I would and wouldn't want in case I need him to run interference for me (truth is my HB MW and her assistant would be w/ me as doulas/companions so I'd have plenty of support if I did transfer!)

And the weight gain thing is funny, eh? Too much, too little, blah blah. I am not so worried about it personally but once and a while I do get susceptible... if I haven't gained enough weight is it somehow detrimental, does it mean I'm lacking something, etc. And my DH keeps saying he's sad if we've "put our baby on a diet" before its even born, is it going to be some sort of shrimpy, stunted little thing...

Well anyway, back east its already tomorrow so I should get off the April 15 chat thread and take my tired self to bed.

dissertating mom to three

emmaegbert is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 05:12 AM
 
BennyPai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MAINE!!!
Posts: 2,149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
And my DH keeps saying he's sad if we've "put our baby on a diet" before its even born, is it going to be some sort of shrimpy, stunted little thing...
During my last pregnancy, I lost 6lb during the first trimester due to morning sickness and another 4 pounds during the third trimester due to grief when we lost my neice to SIDS. My total gain was 25lb -10lb less than my first pregnancy. I felt so guilty and expected to see a puny, deprived baby.

Instead, my second daughter weighed over 10lb and was covered with rolls. She was a pound heavier than her big sister had been at birth.
Babies receive the nourishment first and pregnant Mamas get what is left after that. I'm sure your little one is not deprived.

My mother blessing became a gathering that lasted past midnight. I am glad that I have friends who enjoy my company that much. By 12:30, though, I was noticing my contractions were frequent and more intense. I finally had DP run me a bath. When I got out of the tub, I saw some of my mucous plug floating in the water. DP went into high gear getting our birth supplies together and cleaning our room to make space for the birth pool.
Things seem to be calming down, so I'm going to get rest for a while.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
BennyPai is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off