I'm going to be pregnant forever - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 04-16-2009, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I'm never going into labor. I think this whole spontaneous labor thing is a myth. I can't imagine it. It's like the way guys complain about being hit in the groin. It's a big myth that guys made up to gain sympathy. I've seen my son in the bath. He punches himself in the groin and then pulls on his privates like it's Stretch Armstrong. He's just not old enough to know the rules, yet.

I'll be pregnant forever or until someone reaches in there and pulls the kid out, one way or another. I'm supposed to believe that after 9 (10) months my body's just going to suddenly decide to evict this kid! I don't believe it. :

And, don't tell me I have at least 2 more weeks. I REALLY don't want to hear that. Besides, I'm too tired to do this whole labor thing, anyways. And, why, today, did I suddenly develop dandruff?????

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#2 of 21 Old 04-16-2009, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Mama I know exactly how you feel Two weeks ago I was feeling the exact same way. I opted for a scheduled induction at 39 weeks. I just could not take it anymore. Of course I am not trying to sway you to do the same, I just wanted to say I know how you feel and I also hated when people would tell me that I had two more weeks!! It made me feel like I was impatient and selfish to want my baby out and my body back. Shame on me for letting it get to me in the way

I hope your baby comes soon Mama!!!

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

#3 of 21 Old 04-16-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post
I'm never going into labor. I think this whole spontaneous labor thing is a myth. I can't imagine it. It's like the way guys complain about being hit in the groin. It's a big myth that guys made up to gain sympathy. I've seen my son in the bath. He punches himself in the groin and then pulls on his privates like it's Stretch Armstrong. He's just not old enough to know the rules, yet.

I'll be pregnant forever or until someone reaches in there and pulls the kid out, one way or another. I'm supposed to believe that after 9 (10) months my body's just going to suddenly decide to evict this kid! I don't believe it. :

And, don't tell me I have at least 2 more weeks. I REALLY don't want to hear that. Besides, I'm too tired to do this whole labor thing, anyways. And, why, today, did I suddenly develop dandruff?????
I think you're right about all of this. I've been thinking the same thing. And I really hate it when people pretend that once the 9 days between today and my due date are over I will immediately go into labor and have a baby. For one thing, that's NINE days and for another it ain't going to happen. Ever.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#4 of 21 Old 04-16-2009, 08:59 PM

I'm so here with you too mama. I am on an ap board on another site. We are a small community and I'm so tired of hearing baby will come when baby is done, or that it's completely normal to go 41 or even 42 weeks, or whever else.

My dd came out at 39 weeks and 1 day and while it did just spontaneously happen, I just have no faith this time it'll happen that way. Heck everyone, including me, was convinced I'd go early and maybe even earlier than i did with dd....right....Still here...still pregnant....

And yes, I told dh last night I think i'll be pregnant forever

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#5 of 21 Old 04-17-2009, 09:20 AM

I hear ya!! I am getting tired of everyone constantly asking "where is that baby!" etc. I am *only* 38.5 weeks. I can not imagine another month of this!! Seriously, between email and FB I get like 20 people asking a day when am I going to have the baby. TRUST ME, no one is more ready than I!! I see the MW today, last time she offered to give me a little sweep (I said no) and today I just might take her up on it!!
#6 of 21 Old 04-17-2009, 09:23 AM

I'm feeling this way too today.

I'm celebrating my 41st week

Mama to DD 8 * DS 6 * DS 2
Expecting #4 Late Nov 2011
#7 of 21 Old 04-17-2009, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
There will be no induction for me (because of the VBAC) and I am NOT getting an elective C. So either this fairy tale of spontaneous labor will come true or I really will be pregnant forever like Joe's wife on Family Guy. (She'e been pregnant for 9 years, of course, she's a cartoon....)

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#8 of 21 Old 04-17-2009, 01:10 PM

Xerxella--I feel your pain. Last pg I went 42 1/2 wks, and the hospy people got all panicky and induced me , which didn't go well at all since I ended up with a c/s. This time, I'm in the same boat, waiting for baby to arrive, and hoping I can duck another c/s (at least I know I won't be getting any pitocin). Meanwhile, I can barely move comfortably due to the pelvic loosening pain and my one giant swollen foot. So, anyway, yeah, I'm right there with you in spirit. May we go into labor SOON!!
#9 of 21 Old 04-17-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
There will be no induction for me (because of the VBAC) and I am NOT getting an elective C. So either this fairy tale of spontaneous labor will come true or I really will be pregnant forever like Joe's wife on Family Guy. (She'e been pregnant for 9 years, of course, she's a cartoon....)
I've been saying I'm joe's wife from family guy, you need to pick someone else

I've had an almost 43 and almost 42wk-er too so I can't imagine how it must feel.

Oh and despite that people have been calling me since the beginning of March asking if I had the baby yet :x I got really angry at my sister after 3 or 4 days of that in a row and said "I hope NOT because if I did it would be in hospital, is that what YOU WANT?!?!" She didn't call me back for a few days

and I didn't tell anyone my edd, I just said "around easter" so really that would have been like 6wks early!!

The mw's at the bc kept saying that they thought I would have this baby early and I really wish that they didn't because I'm at 41+? (too lazy to figure it out) and no baby and no signs of baby coming anytime soon. Sometimes I swear I'm finally going to get that May baby. DS1 was due in May but was born in June

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#10 of 21 Old 04-17-2009, 03:47 PM

42 weeks today. Had the bloody show this morning and all I've been able to muster up all day is some sporadic contractions. I am so done with all of this.

Jenny, proud maker of red things
#11 of 21 Old 04-17-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
It's like the way guys complain about being hit in the groin. It's a big myth that guys made up to gain sympathy. I've seen my son in the bath. He punches himself in the groin and then pulls on his privates like it's Stretch Armstrong. He's just not old enough to know the rules, yet.
DDC crashing. I'm so sorry mama, I absolutely hate that end of the road feeling.

I have to say though - this is the funniest comment I've read in forever!

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
#12 of 21 Old 04-18-2009, 12:38 AM

jenny

I feel bad for complaining at almost 40 weeks (have about 30 minutes until i'm officially due......)

#13 of 21 Old 04-18-2009, 02:04 AM

I am very, very tired of hearing about how I look like I am going to "pop" (sorry, childbirth is NOTHING like "popping") and I am so "huge" and blah blah. I had my son at 38 weeks so I've now been pregnant a week longer than ever before. It feels like NOTHING is going on and everyone (well, son, mom, friends) are starting to pester me. My husband knows well enough to leave me alone about it...

dissertating mom to three

#14 of 21 Old 04-18-2009, 08:57 AM

and hello due date

#15 of 21 Old 04-18-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
My husband knows well enough to leave me alone about it...
You're lucky... Mine spent the last few weeks telling the baby he has to come so dh can stay home but has he has already taken the next week of, now every day is a "when does the baby come ? You have to tell him to come now !" day :
Do they really think it's funny ?
#16 of 21 Old 04-18-2009, 10:12 AM

I hate the end too! DS was 15 days past dd and I hated everyone hounding me. This time I didn't tell anyone my due date and gave myself a little time and said "May." But I can't imagine going that late with this baby! At 38.5 wks it's already the size DS was when he was born. It's engaged.... I've been having pretty consistent contractions for days! It is just stressing me out. COME OUT BABY!!! Or atleast tell me when you're coming so I can stop thinking "any time now..."

Happy to be married to DH and SAHM to Brenden (10/16/06) and Jackson (5/3/09)! Expecting baby #3 in July
Homeschooling worked for me!
#17 of 21 Old 04-18-2009, 10:15 AM

Oh yeah... and I frequent the May DDC more then this one... cause it's stressful seeing how many other people already had their babies...

Happy to be married to DH and SAHM to Brenden (10/16/06) and Jackson (5/3/09)! Expecting baby #3 in July
Homeschooling worked for me!
#18 of 21 Old 04-18-2009, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#19 of 21 Old 04-18-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
I am very, very tired of hearing about how I look like I am going to "pop" (sorry, childbirth is NOTHING like "popping") and I am so "huge" and blah blah. I had my son at 38 weeks so I've now been pregnant a week longer than ever before. It feels like NOTHING is going on and everyone (well, son, mom, friends) are starting to pester me. My husband knows well enough to leave me alone about it...
That annoys me sooooooo much. Ok annoy is an understatement, it makes me just shy of a murderous rage. I want to ask them if they think those comments are really helpful to a hormonal, VERY, over-pregnant (yes I said over pregnant LOL!) tired, achy and impatient woman? My dh is ok about it, he's trying to be supportive, he'll talk to my belly and say "ok, you've tortured your mama enough, come on out..."

I should start gracing the May DDC....

comon babies ---> :
#20 of 21 Old 04-18-2009, 02:31 PM

i would start gracing May, but seeing may babies being born doesn't give me much hope!

#21 of 21 Old 04-18-2009, 04:32 PM

I hear ya sister! I keep saying I'm waiting for the baby to find the button in there that will send me into labor. I mean really there has to be something to it right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page