Daily Chat: Friday, April 17th - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm feeling simultaneous depression and aggravation.

This all feels like a dream. Can I wake up now?

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#2 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 06:28 AM

No- back to sleep with you!

Ctx too painful to sleep anymore and lasting longer than any of the other times that I've had "prelabor". Unfortunately DH just got home from work an hour ago and took an Ambien so I think I'm on my own for the next six hours or so. Hopefully I can get back to bed, it feels wrong to be up at this time in the morning.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#3 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 08:18 AM

You should both go back to bed. I just woke up for the 8th time this night, and I'll stay up now. For the first time in a week or so, I even feel a little bit crampy. I dreamed tonight that my water had broken; of course, nothing reallly happened but it was a change.

Time for some coffee.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#4 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 09:12 AM

Good morning!

Finally got out of bed after laying there cramping for the past few hours. What's new though--I've been cramping/contrax for weeks.

Had an appointment with my midwife yesterday. Everything looks great. She is totally a "baby comes when it is ready" believer, so she isn't worried. She doesn't check for dialation until labor but dh says I'm still at a 4 (have been for weeks) and that my cervix is mush

Today I'm 41 weeks so REALLY. it HAS to be soon. Right?? RIGHT?

Today I'm feeling really anxious. And I am SO sick of people calling me, acting like I'm a freak of nature. Or, an elephant.

Mama to DD 8 * DS 6 * DS 2
Expecting #4 Late Nov 2011
#5 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 09:33 AM

Wow it seems almost everyone is contracting today - err or was last night. I've been getting them nightly as well and just not ignore them and go to bed. They don;t wake me up though.

Pissed at DH. I went off an him what, like 2 days ago for being lazy? So he didn't get it. I find out he hasn't been letting out dog out in the morning to pee. So for this whole week i've had to get up almost right after he leave because she's barking to go out.... Then I find two more things his butt didn't do... GRRRRR Not good way to start the day, but dude, me due dates tomorrow, you already know i'm cranky as hell, how about not doing stuff to make it worse?

Anyways like I said due date tomorrow. Yesterday went for a walk and had like 2 contractions. Stopped walking and they went away.

I'm about ready to shove some directional signs up there because baby obviously is making a home in there and not going to come out...

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#6 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Peanut was moving ALL night... and still is. I got no sleep. No position was acceptable to it. I was out of bed seven times trying to restart the "time to go to sleep" process.

I have an appointment this morning and I will decline the exam. I don't feel like being prodded today and I'm sure there is little progress. I'll just check myself later or something. Whether I know what the deal is or not, the thing isn't going to come out until it wants to. Whatever.

I haven't been contracting much recently -- just some tightening now and then. I'm sure things are slowly progressing. Again, whatever. So annoyed at this whole thing.

39 weeks tomorrow.

#7 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 09:51 AM

Stupid dh - i just found he deleted some songs off my playlist I just spent time downloading yesterday....

I'm so going out for lunch today

#8 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

I ate cheesecake for breakfast (it was homemade) and going out for lunch sounds good. I feel spiteful.

#9 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 10:11 AM

Good morning moms !

I still don't have any contractions, just a baby who seems to looove it in there !

I went to the chiropractician two days ago to relax my muscles and ligaments and help baby to turn vertex again but I have no idea what's happening in there now... Is that a head I'm feeling ? Hmmm.. No, that feels more lie a butt : but, again, I'm not sure... US on monday to check :
If he's still breech, i really think i'll keep baby inside until the moment he'll turn
#10 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 10:16 AM

Nancy - oooo cheesecake sounds YUM!

Ilek - crossing fingers that baby is turned the proper way for you!

#11 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I didn't sleep well last night either. I actually didn't have to pee *that* many times but I had two children that kept waking me up. The language therapist is coming over in an hour to tell us if she will accept DD1 as a client. It would solve so many problems if she did.

More bad news about DH's work though. His office manager found out yesterday that he has to have open heart surgery next week. There is absolutely no way DH could take more then a week off with him gone, a week is going to be hell as it. Definitely not a peaceful baby moon with his cell phone ringing all the time. Sigh.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#12 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Here's another person that didn't sleep well. I tossed and turned and tossed and turned. And, every toss and turn takes about 5 minutes and it hurts. Plus, when I did fall asleep I woke myself up 2xs with my own loud snoring! WTF! I never snore! I'm tired already and I have 7 1/2 more hours of work and it's going to be 70 degrees today and I could be home playing with my DS, but instead I'm stuck here.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#13 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post
Plus, when I did fall asleep I woke myself up 2xs with my own loud snoring! WTF! I never snore!
That's what happened to me the last time I woke up this morning. DH has permanently evacuated at this point, but now I feel like I need to escape from my sleeping self, too.

In better news, today is my last official day at work. And I have this feeling that I may even get through the rest of things on my desk today, meaning I will not have a reason to come back for at least 10 days. :: Of course, that will only happen if I stop looking at MDC.

Peony, hope your DD gets accepted by the therapist, and sorry to hear about your husband's work dilemmas.

Ilek, when did you baby turn breech? Recently? Hope you manage to turn the baby back in time.

#14 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 11:25 AM

Also feeling depressed and angry here. I had more false labor last night. Anyone else hate false labor like I do? I'm hopeing there is some benefit to it. It just gets my hopes up and then fizzles out. My due date isn't even until tomorrow, but it just feels like it's never going to happen. My first son came at 38 wks and my second on his due date. You ladies that are already a week over your due date or more are amazing women. Especially if your still in a good mood. I just don't remember all these mood swings with my other two children. They are a doozy. Again today I'm sending out birthing vibes. : Somebody is going to have their baby today and they are going to have a beautiful birth story to share. :
#15 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 11:26 AM

: to all of you for rest, courage and whatever you need

FischK, we don't know exactly... Baby was suppose to be vertex since (at least) the 32nd week but, 2 weeks ago (37 weeks) I had an US to check that my placenta was not previa anymore (we were quite sure it wasn't but, well...) and we had an horrible appointment, having to wait more than an hour and having a *** technician telling us "oh, that's a leg, baby is breech, you'll need a c-section" :
My belly is so tight even my mw is never sure about what she feels... I think I've felt the baby spinning around a few times since the US but, well, as long as we're not sure...
We don't have the right to have a HB if baby is breech... So, well... We're expecting baby to turn and if he doesn't... well, he seems to feel good inside
#16 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 12:13 PM

Oh Peony, you deserve some good news today, I hope you get some.

I've been taking hour-long walks every evening, I get all kinds of great contractions, they last another hour or two, then poof, they go away. I am sore and achey all night like everyone else (though luckily I only seem to wake once or twice in the night...) but I wake up to another sunny so-cal day and no baby. sigh.

I'm going to walk to campus today to take out a big stack of reading and hopefully that will give the baby the idea to come on and give me a reason to procrastinate!! I also did sit down and do some reading yesterday, and I am determined to do some reading and writing every day until baby comes, at least chip away at some of the work I have to do this summer.

dissertating mom to three

#17 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post
Here's another person that didn't sleep well. I tossed and turned and tossed and turned. And, every toss and turn takes about 5 minutes and it hurts. Plus, when I did fall asleep I woke myself up 2xs with my own loud snoring! WTF! I never snore! I'm tired already and I have 7 1/2 more hours of work and it's going to be 70 degrees today and I could be home playing with my DS, but instead I'm stuck here.
I've been doing that as well. I have a worse story though, I woke myslef up last week because I had drooled too much. Like waaayy too much my hair was soaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice'smom View Post
Also feeling depressed and angry here. I had more false labor last night. Anyone else hate false labor like I do?
I like to call it "practice" or "trial run" it sounds so much nicer that way. Those cramps/ctx certainly don't feel "false"

So I got 5 calls from the bc yesterday abd already 2 today and its not even noon : DH is going to call them back and tell them that we'll come in for the nst at the BC not l&d but we're not going to do a BPP just because and that they need to call my work back about my being out!

DD is sick today, the twins thankfully went back to daycare. I hope ds1 doesn't stay home tomorrow

We FINALLY dtd last night : I can totally understand why guys high-five each other about it now it was a looooong time
I'm in a much better mood today than I have been for weeks

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#18 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Man... I wrote a post and responded to a bunch of you and lost it. Sorry!

I woke up with classic 'bloody show' this morning!! I had many mild contractions that woke me up throughout the night and they haven't let up, although they're not progressing yet. I'm pretty confident it's going to happen this weekend (I'm due on Sunday).

I'm kind of hoping he'll hold off until Sunday night, though, since my mom arrives Sunday evening and my favourite m/w (the one that was there for ds2's birth) goes on call at 8pm Sunday.

Yay!!
#19 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 02:26 PM

Nancy and heather - I hope you guys got back to sleep!!!!! An Im declining exams too nancy. Its really not going to change anything I dont think (except my nerves!)

Fischk - I keep having those dreams too. Too bad were not shamens or something and can predict whats happening today!! And YES YES YES!!!! for last days of work!!!!!

Daisy - DO what I do. On my vc mail it says ":This is lindsay, its April 16th, and Im not in labor, leave a message" lol

Melissa- ugh. Youd think they would LEARN especially since you already have a kid and he KNOWS the lst weeks are hell!! Jeez!! and when youre at lunch, treat yourself to a yummy dessert!!!

Ilek - comfortable babies seem to be an epidemic on this board!! We have a lot of people going past their due dates! I hope the babe turns and Im sure he will. Have you seen the "spinning babies" site someone talked about a while back?

Peony - My fingers are crossed that the therapist accepts you!!!! As for dh, that SUCKS. I hope you have other support you can call on if you need it!

Xerxella - These sleepless nights are killing me! And its been hard to take naps because Im waking myself up snoring too!! How much longer are you working for?! Right don to the wire arent you?!

shelby - just hang on, it wont be long now!! Everyone always says the 1st come late, 2nd babies come earlier and 3rd come whenever they want but it seems to be the opposite on this board!

Emma - Im the same way with the ctx. I get them and then they stop when I stop moving. Good luck on the reading!!!!Im sure its beautiful by you, Im up north and these past few days have been perfect!!! Im not sure if I told you before but I used to live in SD, in Ocean Beach and then Hillcrest. (only for a year before I got homesick)

Azreial - Your whole post killed me!!!! The drool, the bc drama, the dtd high five!!! Im glad you set limits with the bc, but what is a BPP? We dtd the other day for the first time in a month and I was high from it for several days!! I hoe everyone in your family gets well and stays well for the next few weeks!!!!

lil green - is this the first real bloody show for you?!

As for me, I got a TON of uninterrupted sleep last night and I really feel great today!! I went to a jog-a-thon at dd1s school today and the principal came up to me and said "After you calling to update dds emergency card the other day, were suprised to see you here today!" All the other parents said that too and I was wondering what the heck kind of pregnancy is everyone having?
I have bad days but I m not confining myself to my house in a bad mood funk for weeks til the baby is born! Saw a friend yesterday who commented on my great mood and its funny, even if I were in the worst mood ever, I would NEVER let it show in public in front of people or take it out on people, thats for at home and my DH!! lol

Today is a doc appt and Im bringing DH again as ammo. The doc seems to not be as pushy when hes there. Also, I sit in HER chair when she comes in and make her take the uncomfortable ones! (tips and tricks form my mw to put ME in control!!) I believe Im having a great pregnancy so shes not gonna force procedures on me!!!

Have a great day everyone!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#20 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 02:34 PM

lindsay - yes the first bloody show for me. I was losing some mucous plug (I think) the two days before that wasn't bloody, though. Not that bloody show means impending labour, but it's still something!!

peony - I sure hope you get your good news today. that sucks about your dh's work

As I mentioned a few days ago, we went golfind easter monday (pitch n putt) and I got dh to take a picture to document it, lol.

Here I am golfing at 39w1d: http://dzw2wg.bay.livefilestore.com/...P-KAwWeQIR6Yhg

my follow throughs were cut short due to my belly, but it was fun nonetheless.
#21 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 02:37 PM

I"m back and frustrated right along with most of you! I posted about my situation on an indiviudal post...should have posted here as it sounds like most everyone is feeling as crummy emotionally as I am!:
#22 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Ugh! Maybe since we're almost all feeling cruddy, that means we're all about to go into labor....

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#23 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 03:23 PM

nope i don;t believe it, I think we'll have the world record for a ton of women who just never give birth

Besides if feeling cruddy were any indication of labor I would have had him out a while ago.

#24 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 03:34 PM

Bpp=biophyical profile. U/s to check fluid, movement, breathing motions etc

I'm going in for a nst this afternoon. Dh talked to the bc. Mw on today said bpp is up to us but she would like to explain it to us when we come in. Shes also going to call the disabilty people from my work she said she didnt see anything about them calling. So that's where that is. I think everything is ok.

I have to feed dd

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#25 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 04:05 PM

I'm done. With work that is. ::

Now, I will put all my energy into getting LO to come out. It's actually warm here today, and all have to wear is winter clothes because none of my other clothes are able to contain my belly. So, I'm going to have a serious talk with LO about this. Maybe that helps.

We really need to leave the world record of women who never give birth to another DDC!

So, I'm wishing everyone a great, happy, and successful day with lots of "real" labor. And I will go for a walk now.

#26 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

pelvis hurts a bunch today.
what's this big lump in my belly? it won't stop moving. weird.

#27 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FischK View Post
I'm done. With work that is. ::
Yay! Congratulations on finishing! I hope you enjoy your walk
#28 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 04:32 PM

No Lindsay, I hadn't seen that website, thank you (even if I'm already doing those techniques )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
nope i don;t believe it, I think we'll have the world record for a ton of women who just never give birth
#29 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 06:37 PM

So remember I canceled my u/s the other day? The doc just called and left a message that they were going to do one today when I come in!! Im in between crying and laughing because I have NEVER been with docs that are this pushy. Im getting 4 calls a week from her, one on Easter at 845pm even. This u/s was for a weight of the baby so its not medically necessary, Im measuring fine and had a previous 9lb-er. So DH is going with me and were gently going to explain that we refuse this u/s unless there is a medical EMERGENCY.
Jeez!!!:

wife. dd1 : dd2
#30 of 54 Old 04-17-2009, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
So remember I canceled my u/s the other day? The doc just called and left a message that they were going to do one today when I come in!! Im in between crying and laughing because I have NEVER been with docs that are this pushy. Im getting 4 calls a week from her, one on Easter at 845pm even. This u/s was for a weight of the baby so its not medically necessary, Im measuring fine and had a previous 9lb-er. So DH is going with me and were gently going to explain that we refuse this u/s unless there is a medical EMERGENCY.
Jeez!!!:
Wow. My doctor hardly remembers me when I go in.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page