Membrane Sweep ?'s - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-22-2009, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I had my second sweep at my appointment on Monday around 10am or so...

Monday evening is when I started to get all gassy - burp, fart, heartburn, tummy going blah, and diarreah...had more diareah that evening and today. Is diarreah a normal effect from a sweep? I have heard it is something some women get leading up to labor in general, but didn't know if it's to do with the sweep?

Question 2 - I know crampy and bleeding is normal from the sweep. I have been crampy and have bleed, but it's been on and off. Monday evening it was more crampy and more bleeding. Today it came and went. Is it normal for it to come and go. Like if things were irritated from the sweep wouldn't I have been crampy and bled then stopped. Or could the coming and going be body gearing up for (do I jinx myself and say the word) labor? Just the whole starting and stopping hours difference made me go hmmm? I get those cervical twinges and sure enough get red on the TP next time I go to the bathroom and a tiny bit on my pad.

So what do you think? I didn't have any sweeps with my first so I don;t have anything to compare it to really. My first sweep with this babe was so gentle I don;t think she did much.

Mind you if I were reading this I'd probably reply something like every woman and pregnancy is different, it could be signs of labor coming, or it could just be my body reacting to the sweep...

(and the thought occured to me how I would have never would have ever imagined talking about things like bleeding and diarreah to people I've never even met before...ah what pregnancy does to a person!)

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#2 of 5 Old 04-22-2009, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
(and the thought occured to me how I would have never would have ever imagined talking about things like bleeding and diarreah to people I've never even met before...ah what pregnancy does to a person!)
: i used to be modest

on the sweep issue, my experience was that i had a sweep, but at the time was already dilated to 3 and 90% effaced....the bloody show stuck around for a long time...but did taper off a bit...still ended up having baby next morning. the crampiness never stopped.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#3 of 5 Old 04-22-2009, 03:05 AM

it all sounds like your body gearing up tobe in labour. doesn't mean all of it had directly to do with the sweep - could just be coincidence for all we know! heh.. but yeah all that purging sounds about right for labour to come on at some point. (sorry I can't tell ya when!)

transtichel.gifMom of three - (2.5 yrs, 7yrs, and 11yrs). Birthing Doula, editor, and wife to my soulmate. I've had a c/s, hospital VBAC, UC and not yet decided what I'll do about this next little one

#4 of 5 Old 04-22-2009, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

yea I wish one of us had a magic crystal ball or something so we could figure out when we'd all finally have these kiddos!

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#5 of 5 Old 04-22-2009, 02:33 PM

sweeping never gave me blood, just cramping, with the other two pregnancies. this time around i got a bit of blood after the sweep. well, it was bloody show - not just blood. kwim?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page