Daily Chat: Wednesday, April 22nd - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnatty View Post
My '42 weeker' turned out to be more like 39 in appearance. I would get the ultrasounds and tests to prove baby is fine (and give you peace of mind) and definitely stay calm and firm.

[....]

DS thinks she is very interesting, and points and jabbers about her. He has been doing really well at touching her gently, and unfortunately he thinks she is so interesting that he is having trouble going to sleep with her in the room!
thanks for the reassurance, its what I plan to do- the minimum of monitoring to reassure everyone and go ahead with my HB and no induction. Or maybe baby will be born before monday (my first NST) and I can cancel it all. I did the one U/S that they wanted and baby came back measuring as 78 percentile, so, really not all that big anyway.

That is so funny about your son! I worry about that with mine, he's so FASCINATED by certain things, especially anything about bodies, and babies bodies are weird and fascinating. My son is 4 1/2 so I imagine the fascination will wear off quickly once he sees how predictable babies are, but I can totally imagine him having a hard time sleeping b/c he's so busy watching the baby. In fact, I remember that happening to me when I became a big sister at age 9! I'd jump out of bed to go stand over my sister in her moses basket and just make sure she was breathing... and I remember so many funny things about how she looked as an infant, the way her hair was, that strange shape of her head, she had one foot that turned in a little bit (it straightened out). I think I really studied her a lot at first.

dissertating mom to three

#32 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 08:23 PM

I've been thinking wondering if Nancy had her baby yet.

I have my appointment tomorrow for a u/s and then yet another nst. I will be telling them at the u/s NOT to tell me whatever size they guess the baby to be. I've heard way to many times about the guesses being wrong and do not want to even know. I keep thinking maybe there not really a baby in there. I mean he's not coming out...am i really pregnant? Maybe it's all some wierd dream...

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#33 of 45 Old 04-23-2009, 12:15 AM

wow pretty slow tonight - is everyone in labor?

#34 of 45 Old 04-23-2009, 12:38 AM

nope not in labor. just an appt at the CNMs at 5 where she offered all these things (to strip my membranes, to schedule an AROM, etc) and then later fighting with my mom b/c she decided to make dinner (the first meal anyone has decided to cook besides me in, oh, I can't remember how long) but it wasn't ready when we got back at 7:10, and then she was mad that I was annoyed... DS goes to bed at 8 and she was totally furious that I had to whip things together super fast and that I spent "so long" at the park if I wanted him to go to bed on time. (in my tired, bratty pregnant brain the fact that there are two other adults in the household at the moment should free me up to not rush home from the park to cook.)

ARGH. I want to have the baby already so I can concentrate on something else and maybe other people will consider me in need of pampering? Unfortunately with my family members maybe not...

#35 of 45 Old 04-23-2009, 12:51 AM

I'm here with you emma on needing some pampering already! I can't wait until MIL is her for a week after I give birth. She's WONDERFUL! She cooks, cleans, helps with kids, laundry, etc. It's like i'm in Heaven!

#36 of 45 Old 04-23-2009, 12:55 AM

Definitely not in labor here. I'm jealous of those that will get pampered after baby arrives, my parents live 20 minutes from us, but they are not the pampering type. My mom will come over and play with kids here and there but nothing more then that.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#37 of 45 Old 04-23-2009, 12:56 AM

Yay Nancy!!!!!! Cant wait to ge tthe cell phone update!

Peony - FOUR hours?! Um Mother of the Year award goes to you!!! One and a half is my max! YOURE going to sleep well tonight I bet!

Thanks PP mom for posting things in the daily thread, I think we preg moms are going a little bit crazy and its nice to hear from people who have seen the light at the end of the tunnel!!

Gnatty - I was wondering how little brother was going to handle sweet Miriam!!! Im hoping little M makes a full and fast recovery!

Emma - Im wondering hw my dd(7) is going to react too. Right now she is the ultra confident big sis, but who knows waht will happen...Its nice to know you were an "older" big sis and you loves your little sister so much!!! And did you say already? How long will your mws let you go before they send you for an induction, 2 weeks?
Oh and : to the dinner situation. It really sucks when people dont understand a childs (or familys) schedule. One night going to bed late can really throw the kids off!!

Shine - that fever is really weird!! I wonder what caused it? Is she ok now? And about the induction talk, Im scared of it too so Im WILLING this baby out!!! Begging and pleading too!!

Had a mw appt today and we got our hospital plan squared away(teamwork!). Then when we "played with the baby" both the mws said she didnt feel unusually large and if she has the room to move from left to right, she is definitely NOT 10plus lbs.
Got a TON of things done today including buying greeting cards and gifts for the next 2 months for bdays, showers and holidays. Feels great to have them out of the way!

DH got a 2nd job and today is one of his 2 double shift days. Its money in the pocket but dd and I are really missing him! Its going to take some getting used to.
Just waiting for this baby to be born, our EDD is Monday and DH has a feeling itll be on tuesday so well see!

Defrosting a piece of cake, going to go eat it now!:

wife. dd1 : dd2
#38 of 45 Old 04-23-2009, 01:09 AM

Yum, cake sounds good now.... That's great your DH got another job, well great for money, not so great since he will be around less.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#39 of 45 Old 04-23-2009, 02:00 AM

Lindsay I hear you, my DH just started a new job TODAY. Ugh. Its money (not a lot, unemployment wasn't much less!) but the timing of it all sure could have been better. And as for adjusting as an older first-time big sib... its still hard but of course a 7yo will be more resourceful and independent than a younger kid, and they can nurture the baby more. On the downside, she'll have clearer memories of the good-old-days before she had her world turned upside-down by a baby!

As for fighting with family members and wishing for pampering. Sigh. I'm just so tired and cranky and I live in a small apt and I wish I didn't feel like I have to be the CEO of the house all the time. Like why can't anyone else remember that my son goes to bed at 8? No such luck with my life. If I specifically INSTRUCT someone (DH, mom) to make dinner and exactly what to make and when to do it they *might* (and act like they deserve a gold medal for all their hard work too). Oh well. It could be worse. My mom has been cleaning my house like mad which is great... though in order to make sure I am not TOO grateful or anything, today she said how much she hates housework, but that she can't stand staying here when its so disgusting so she just does it anyway. Nice.

Feeling lots of uncomfortable/borderline painful contractions today on and off. Nothing regular yet, but maybe its a good sign. Together with my amazing disappearing gestational diabetes, its giving me hope for an impending labor.

Sleep tight everyone. (or don't... I hope you're busy having your babies!)

#40 of 45 Old 04-23-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
I keep thinking maybe there not really a baby in there. I mean he's not coming out...am i really pregnant? Maybe it's all some wierd dream...
Um, well, I don't know you IRL so maybe you are actually that crazy, but I doubt it!

It was actually weird to have the U/S a few weeks ago though when I didn't have an earlier one (the silly size check- I asked to see the error range when they told me the "size"-- its a BIG +/- range, so you can see why they are so far off). It felt sort of intrusive, like I'd left the baby alone to be all private in there and then BOOM, a few weeks before the due date I'm all peering at its face... (we didn't even see the genitalia- the late u/s is all piecemeal, one body part at a time, so if you want them to avoid that area they may be able to anyway. the U/S tech said she didn't even see it.)

#41 of 45 Old 04-23-2009, 02:19 AM

Got back from my Henna appointment at 11 pm! I'm so tired. I'll post pics tomorrow evening.

My but HURTS! Its been spasming ALL DAY. Break from 7 to 11pm then WHAMM they're at it again. This hurts so so so bad. I was almost in tears earlier. I can't walk when they hit! WHAT IS THIS???
#42 of 45 Old 04-23-2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitful womb View Post
Got back from my Henna appointment at 11 pm! I'm so tired. I'll post pics tomorrow evening.

My but HURTS! Its been spasming ALL DAY. Break from 7 to 11pm then WHAMM they're at it again. This hurts so so so bad. I was almost in tears earlier. I can't walk when they hit! WHAT IS THIS???
I dunno but when I was having horrible leg spasms my MW said its caused by mineral imbalances, she suggested taking emergen-C to help right when I am feeling it. Also really upping my cal and mag (but separately if possible). She warned that upping mag can cause "loose stools" (it did) so to back off if that happens. And drink tons of water. Since I doubled my cal and mag amounts it hasn't happened.

Yikes! hope you feel better!

#43 of 45 Old 04-23-2009, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
I dunno but when I was having horrible leg spasms my MW said its caused by mineral imbalances, she suggested taking emergen-C to help right when I am feeling it. Also really upping my cal and mag (but separately if possible). She warned that upping mag can cause "loose stools" (it did) so to back off if that happens. And drink tons of water. Since I doubled my cal and mag amounts it hasn't happened.

Thanks Emma. I've got "Calm" I can take. Its a Cal/mag drink. don't have anything seperate. I'll go do that now and rest. Good Night everyone.
#44 of 45 Old 04-23-2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:

Oooh emma - thanks for the tip!!! My legs have been almost cramping at night, maybe Ill try ER-C!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#45 of 45 Old 04-23-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Um, well, I don't know you IRL so maybe you are actually that crazy, but I doubt it!

It was actually weird to have the U/S a few weeks ago though when I didn't have an earlier one (the silly size check- I asked to see the error range when they told me the "size"-- its a BIG +/- range, so you can see why they are so far off). It felt sort of intrusive, like I'd left the baby alone to be all private in there and then BOOM, a few weeks before the due date I'm all peering at its face... (we didn't even see the genitalia- the late u/s is all piecemeal, one body part at a time, so if you want them to avoid that area they may be able to anyway. the U/S tech said she didn't even see it.)
with how large I've gotten there sure better be a baby in there! I keep scaring myself at my size when i walk by a mirror

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page