Forum Jump: 

#1 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My water just broke in my sleep.

Nothing else happening.

This should be interesting.

The pressure relief alone feels fantastic.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
WTG Nancy! :

And I have to say that I'm more then a bit jealous, just the relief of pressure alone would be nice.....

I'm up because I'm starving to death. After not being that hungry for the last couple weeks, I am now apparently making up for it.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#3 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 06:47 AM

After one huge bowl of homemade chicken and rice soup, I'm headed back to bed. Hopefully. I hope you are laboring away by now Nancy!

#4 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 07:02 AM

YEah Nancy!!!! Go baby go!!! :

Sorry your up Peony!

Accupuncture shook things up for me. We'll see if it lasts. Started around 11:30 last night, real ctx (funny how I though the other ones were real) mixed with BH, crampy, mucosy (but no plug/bloodyshow-though never had this with DD) I"ve been sleeping off and on since then. I ate some applesauce and am going to try to sleep again. I'm NOT calling it labor till it is!!!!

ETA Thanks peony now I want chicken and rice soup!!!!
#5 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Irregular but recurring contractions started about an hour ago.
Different from before and all in front.
Going to the hospital shortly.
I'm sad I have to labor there, but I'm happy that it appears to have begun.

After all the things I did last week and weekend, sleeping broke my water... :-/

The soup sounds nice. I'll be whipping some up when I get back (or at least someone will). The poor chicken didn't make it to the pot!

Here's hoping that everyone has some luck today.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#6 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 250 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Good luck Nancy!

Good luck Shine!

Hey Peony, maybe the baby dropped and now you have enough room in your stomach to eat!

It sounds like something's happening for everyone!

Good luck and labor vibes to everyone...

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#7 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

Good luck Shine!

Yeah well it all stopped when I woke up this morning UGH!:
#8 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post
Good luck Nancy!

Good luck Shine!

Hey Peony, maybe the baby dropped and now you have enough room in your stomach to eat!

Good luck and labor vibes to everyone...

Nah, this baby can't get any lower! It's been well engaged for weeks now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
:

I'm starting to think that I need to start making plans instead of putting things off until after baby is born. There are a few things that I need to do but I haven't wanted to having to cancel while in labor, but this baby isn't coming out and I can't put everything off forever.

#9 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post

I'm starting to think that I need to start making plans instead of putting things off until after baby is born. There are a few things that I need to do but I haven't wanted to having to cancel while in labor, but this baby isn't coming out and I can't put everything off forever.
I finally started checking off my list slowly...it appears each day this baby isn't here I get something done. So now my list is done...now what will I do???? I don't feel much like playdates lately and unfortuantly DH is helping SIL paint/move into their new house this week. BAD timing! I was hoping I'd have baby so he wouldn't help....so now it's just me and DD all day loooong and all evening loooong and probably most of Sat as well. Not to mention I just really don't want to go into labor with MIL in town this weekend, even if she's not staying at our house, it just makes things harder as DD will go to my moms no matter what.

So I"m thinking if I havn't gone into labor by Sunday, that's when I'll probably have baby. I was shooting for April 26 with DD (even though that was early) she was born April 28. So I"m guessing it'll be my luck that this time I'll go late just to hit that date.... It seems so far away now, but I know if it happened on April 26 I would be thrilled. It's my dad's birthday and he passed away 6 years ago...the baby's middle name is after him (Samiha after Sam). God has the plan I certainly don't...that's what I'm holding onto today!
#10 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 12:06 PM

Great news, Nancy! Good luck and may your labor be smooth!

Shine, sorry to hear it stopped once again. But who knows it may pick up later today. Or you get more things done.

Peony, I was thinking something similar. I think I will try to get some work done today because if the baby waits another few days, I'll have to find a way to make up while taking care of the baby. And that does not sound pleasant.

I'm still not seeing much happening. Except I've been more consistently crampy since yesterday afternoon. And last night I dreamed that I gave birth. It wasn't bad at all, but they forgot to deliver the placenta. Hmmmm.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#11 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 12:16 PM

Go Nancy :: (I'm looking forward to the cell phone updates)

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#12 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 12:48 PM

WOHOOO!!! At least someone's in labor! Even if she did cut in line But seriously that is so awesome, Nncy, I know how much you've wanted baby to come already. Good luck and smooth, quick labor vibes to you.

DD woke with a cold, coughing, stuffy/runny nose. Lovely, me and her never get sick and of all times for her to get a cold it's when I'm overdue pregnant!? Grrrr And I'm a sahm so I have to take care of her. Lovely, just lovely.

Tummy was rumbly this morning, no more diarreah or cramping or blood on tp yet today. It's been 48 hours since the sweep, so it seems even though I have a very favorable cervix baby just isn't budging. I'm not too happy with him... I'd really prefer not to have to be induced next tuesday and be able to go into labor naturally. I know I'll just go along with it on Tuesday just to have him out already, but...sigh. It'd be so much easier if he'd just show up now.

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#13 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 01:36 PM

Nancy - Im crazy excited/super jealous!! I hope its fast and easy for you!

peony - Yay for hunger, Im waiting for mine to come back!!! Chicken and rice soup sounds delicious!!!

shine - I wont call it labor either (but I secretly will!!!)

xerxella - Not for me! I think Ill be the last one here to have a baby!!!:

Fisch, mel -

Murph - Ugh, hopefully that cold goes away...fast!!!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#14 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
After all the things I did last week and weekend, sleeping broke my water... :-/
Go nancy! Glad I checked in thiis am!
Quote:
The 26th is soon, shine. Hope that's it for you!

Murph, hope you go into labor naturally--and everyone else, too.

Haven't had much time to check the dailies, but just wanted you all to know I'm thinking of you!

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#15 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 01:39 PM

Murph, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Sorry to hear about your daughter being sick with a cold. Hope she feels better soon.

I'm finally picking up the crib today. A friend has been storing it for the last few months. I'm also almost done clearing out LO's future room. But since he won't be staying in it for the first month or so, it's not that important to finish it. It just may make him feel more welcome.

#16 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
WOHOOO!!! At least someone's in labor! Even if she did cut in line .
That was my first thought as well!

I'm having serious clothing issues. It got nice and warm here this week, only I have nothing to wear. Both my girls were born in the late fall/winter so all my big maternity clothes are winter. I have summer maternity clothes but they are all a much smaller size then I am right now. I finally found one short sleeved shirt that kind of works to wear today to take the kids to the park.

#17 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 02:24 PM

I know what you mean about clothes. Winter is finally over, and all my maternity clothes are winter clothes meant to withstand subzero temperatures. But now it's in the mid-50s and it will be in the 70s by the end of the week. Unless LO decides to show up, I'm having a problem because I do not want to buy clothes for a couple of days. My current solution is wearing those oversized t-shirts DH gets from his parents and which are about 3 sizes to big for him. They make me look like a sausage/basketball-cover, but at least they keep me cool.

#18 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
My water just broke in my sleep.

Nothing else happening.

This should be interesting.

The pressure relief alone feels fantastic.
I'm so happy for you Nancy!!!! : :!!!! Best of luck!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#19 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post

Haven't had much time to check the dailies, but just wanted you all to know I'm thinking of you!
:

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#20 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 03:33 PM

Lindsay, no way you're going to be the last one to have a baby. There's still I. Also, hope your appetite returns soon.

wobblykate and michanders, glad to see you stopped by. Hope all is well with both of you!

I'm done cleaning the baby room. Now DH has to move the desk out. I'm starting to feel dizzy and queasy; I wonder if I should have not carried that box full of stuff. Will rest and have some water.

#21 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 03:54 PM

DD and I got adjusted this morning...stopped by our fav ice cream place and shared a mid morning snack then came home...I was soooo tired I laid on the sofa and DD crawled up next to me and said she was sooo tired...we both fell asleep! It was so nice cuddling her during that time, a very rare occasion. She is still sleeping, but I better get her up for lunch!

Just a little vent: These last 3 weeks have been the loooooongest weeks of my life!!!!! : And it isn't even over! Dh keeps saying induction after due date, but I'm just not ready for that...too afraid of needing pitocin and then wanting an epi, not the road I want to go down, though it is tempting to just have baby. I'm going to stick it out to 42 mark if need be when I would have to be induced via hospital rules. Please pray I don't make it that far for my emotional well being!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post

The 26th is soon, shine. Hope that's it for you!

Thanks Kate, I know it's not far but it seems like it! Good to hear from you here! And you too Michanders!

Quote:

DD woke with a cold, coughing, stuffy/runny nose. Lovely, me and her never get sick and of all times for her to get a cold it's when I'm overdue pregnant!? Grrrr And I'm a sahm so I have to take care of her. Lovely, just lovely.
Bummer about DD. It's so hard being a SAHM sometimes!!! I know I get cranky with DH when he's sick and gets to just go off and sleep and get well...but never does a SAHM get to do this! Hopefully she gets better soon! DD was starting a cold and I upped her proboitics, put a dab of apple cider vinegar in her humidifer at nap/night time and gave her Sambucol/echinachia and it seemed to clear it up fast!

Also hoping that you just go into labor soon on your own! Though seriously the tuesday induction looks tempting to me (I can't believe I say that) though I'd prefer NOT to go into labor on Tuesday as that is DD's b-day and really don't want them to have to share their b-day!
#22 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Hmm, just to clarify, I am a p/t WOHM (I'm a full-time PhD student, son goes to part-time preschool, DH works F/T OH) and I absolutely have to take care of my DS when he gets sick. (Sick kids can't go to daycare). And DS has the uncanny ability to get sick whenever I have an exam, a paper due, etc. Seems absolutely typical to me that our kids are getting sick in our last moments of pregnancy... last week DS and DH were sick (and DH also just recedes to bedroom and acts like the world has come to an end b/c he is stuffy...). Now I have a horrid sore throat, GRR, but I am just trying to pretend I don't.

Speaking of sick... yesterday my mom got sick to her stomach (she is visiting to help). I've been having on and off mildish cramping all morning and I'm thinking, is it pre-labor or the gastro-intestinal upset my mom had...

So, best wishes that everyone will GET WELL ASAP so we can have our babies!!!!

I hope to be reading Nancy's birth announcement soon... and good luck to everyone else too. I am trying to remain calm and zen about this whole thing. B/c the medical co-care people are going to start pushing me hard to induce next tuesday I feel I have to stay firm myself in believing that its OKAY to be pregnant as long as I need to be. My HB MW says up to 43 weeks is totally NORMAL. Trying to decide if I will remind the CNM today that I am actually still planning a HB. So she can know to just lay off me with the pressure to follow hospital procedures (not that she took that tack, in fact she gave me a long pep-talk about how its my health, my baby, my body, and my responsibility to make the decisions about my care).

dissertating mom to three

#23 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 04:17 PM

yeah back on the 11th I said I didn't want dd to have to share her birthday with baby boy, now I could have cared less. Our 5th anniversary is this Thursday, I said I could care less if I have to share, just get OUT!

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#24 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
DD and I got adjusted this morning...stopped by our fav ice cream place and shared a mid morning snack then came home...I was soooo tired I laid on the sofa and DD crawled up next to me and said she was sooo tired...we both fell asleep! It was so nice cuddling her during that time, a very rare occasion. She is still sleeping, but I better get her up for lunch!
So DD was still resting/sleeping at 1pm so I went to get her up to eat and she was burning up. I stripped her down and still hot. She freaked when I wanted to check her temp...finally got her calm to do that and she had 102.3 temp! Says nothing hurts, has no other symptoms, just is laying around with fever. Called the chiro and she said DD probably had something starting and with the adjustment her body kicked into gear and is fighting it fast.

So weird. So now we are on the sofa with videos eating warm veggies and drinking water. I hope this doesn't last and I hope not to go into labor while she's sick...being a mom is hard!
#25 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
yeah back on the 11th I said I didn't want dd to have to share her birthday with baby boy, now I could have cared less. Our 5th anniversary is this Thursday, I said I could care less if I have to share, just get OUT!
At this point I'm not sure baby is ever going to arrive, so I'm sure if I havn't had baby by tue (dd b-day), I'll go right past it!
#26 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 250 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
shine

It sounds like everyones sick. I hope your and everyone's LO gets better soon.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#27 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 06:55 PM

Nancy, I'm super excited for you! Can't wait to hear the news of your arrivial!

Shine, I've been thinking of you.

I'll be back later. Tonight I see the Henna lady. Hoping everything goes well.

Here in Texas ya'll, (No, we really don't say ya'll, lol) its 90 degrees! And my AC is out! Supprisingly, its not so bad in this house... We have window units so if worse came to worse, we could always install those. I'm not worried. My pulse is down. I've been resting and I'm thinking since being sick its up just b/c thats what it does when my body is fighting a bug.

Taken Black Elderberry... Is that ok during pregnancy? HAven't taken it since the pulse scare tho. Thinking it may have had something to do with the baby's heart rate dropping and mine being high...
#28 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitful womb View Post

Here in Texas ya'll, (No, we really don't say ya'll, lol) its 90 degrees! And my AC is out! Supprisingly, its not so bad in this house... We have window units so if worse came to worse, we could always install those.
Its hot here too but supposed to cool down this weekend. Dh and I are joking that shes in my stomach saying Nuh-uh! Im not coming out into that heat!!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#29 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 07:35 PM

Shine- I hope you can wait it out. You really don't want an induction unless you have to. It so hard to wait though. May your time pass very quickly. :

Fruitful Womb- 90 and no AC! I hope you are still able to stay comfortable. We don't have AC but we live in CO. It will hit 90 or higher but it cools off very nicely at night.

I just chased children all around the park for 4 hours. They were so tired that even the 6y who hasn't napped in years fell asleep for 5 minutes in the way home. The verdict for me, I feel better after doing that then I have in the last week. I think baby is in there to stay.

#30 of 45 Old 04-22-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
I am trying to remain calm and zen about this whole thing. B/c the medical co-care people are going to start pushing me hard to induce next tuesday I feel I have to stay firm myself in believing that its OKAY to be pregnant as long as I need to be. My HB MW says up to 43 weeks is totally NORMAL. Trying to decide if I will remind the CNM today that I am actually still planning a HB. So she can know to just lay off me with the pressure to follow hospital procedures (not that she took that tack, in fact she gave me a long pep-talk about how its my health, my baby, my body, and my responsibility to make the decisions about my care).
My '42 weeker' turned out to be more like 39 in appearance. I would get the ultrasounds and tests to prove baby is fine (and give you peace of mind) and definitely stay calm and firm.

I hope Nancy is cuddling a baby! My water broke in my sleep w/ #1, and we waited 10 hours for labor to start...hopefully hers is a bit faster than that!

Miriam is doing great, nursing well now (took her a little while to figure it out), gained an ounce already...

We're watching her soft spot really closely- she was posterior right up until the last minute, so she doesn't have any molding, instead her suture lines are more open. So she has a really big soft spot, and lines going out from it, and we need to watch closely to make sure that it isn't swelling at all, and that she isn't lethargic or having high pitched wails. I'm really glad we decided to go ahead and give her the Vit K, since my MW said that was the first thing the nurse asked when she called her to consult about it. We're planning on taking her to the chiro since she spun at the last minute like that, but I want to wait a bit since the MW said her head is more vulnerable right now, and the thought of taking her out makes me nervous.

DS thinks she is very interesting, and points and jabbers about her. He has been doing really well at touching her gently, and unfortunately he thinks she is so interesting that he is having trouble going to sleep with her in the room!

So far I've had someone here every day, which has been great- DH took Monday and today off, and my SIL's helped out, my mom is coming tomorrow, etc... at some point reality will have to hit, but I'm enjoying the pampering while I have it!

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page