PP Weekly Thread 4/26 - 5/2 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-30-2009, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ladies w/bfing issues may I make a suggestion? I had my best bfing experience so far w/ds4 and he was a 34 wker who didn't actually bf (I pumped) for almost 2 mnths after birth. At first he didn't have the suck reflex and then wasn't strong enough for the breast and had to get stronger. Eventually he weaned to the breast and bfed till almost 9 mnths- would have gone longer but it was time.

Anyways what I attribute to having been so successful was a good lc but more what she gave me- a nipple shield. They're silicone and just make it easier for los that have a hard time latching on or sucking- give a little more to grab on to. Medela makes them and I got mine this time at Target for like $3 or $4. Am using one this time w/Caleb because it worked so well w/O, not that Caleb needs the help but I do. The shield keeps my nipples from hurting some and tuffen them up more gradually.

As for he and I getting dependent on the shield- I was able to wean off of it about a month after O (ds4) went full time to the breast. And am planning to do the same w/Caleb. I kinda view it as a training wheel for my boobs!

I wish I had had one w/my eldests- I was so young and had no one to help me figure out bfing so only ended up bfing them for like 3 wks and 6 wks. DS14 had a bad latch and weak suck and I was 18 w/no one- I did my best but now in retrospect wish I had had a shield!

I hope I am not stepping on any toes by recommending this- I just know it helped so much and I believe bfing is so important that I feel the need to help w/any info I have to help others succeed too!

Good luck to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2009, 12:11 PM

2nd degree tear here. I haven't seen the stitches as I refuse to look at the mess I made. I have pain at the end of the day all over down there.

As for the bfing, Z latches well and it is starting not to hurt. l I also just realized that he falls asleep because I'm empty! I'm trying to pump between feedings, but he must have had a growth spurt or something. He was insatiable yesterday. I'm still only putting out just under two ounces total.

I hope things pick up soon. I don't really know what else to try other than pumping every hour. I don't seem to be full enough that frequently, and then I get caught with feeding him right after I've pumped...

Plus, I feel like a farm animal hooked up to the machine. :-/

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
Old 04-30-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar View Post
First I had no supply, then he wasn't latching properly, then I got cracked nipples, then one breast wasn't really producing as much as the other, then one of my montgomery glands got blocked, then I got mastitis. Finally we are on the mend. My one breast ended up getting an abcess that drained last Friday, and now I am able to nurse on both sides without too much discomfort. And I also got new flanges today for my breast pump so I can pump and not have the nipple rub against the side. Things are definitely looking up!
OMG!!!! wow, hats off to you for hanging in there!!! I'm a *midwife* & I can't promise you I wouldn't have wanted to throw in the towel

re: constipation, how's your fiber intake? consider taking metamucil or fibercon tablets daily. they are not drugs & are non-habit forming. Additionally, I think it would be reasonable to also consider Miralax daily while you're taking iron.

re: nipple shields, I just want to caution that they can diminish supply since baby isn't directly stimulating the breast & may not be able to put as much suction on the breast as w/o. That said though, nipple shields can be a really helpful tool when used appropriately.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Is anyone else not being spit up on? I know this is a good thing, but Cooper has only spit up maybe 3 times and when he does its the tiniest little amount. I'm guessing that means that he is digesting very well, which is obviously a good thing!!

I used a nipple shield that the hospital provided at first and it helped a lot. He didn't like my right boob at first, but now he latches on very easily with both! He is such a good baby and makes this seem easy .

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
Old 04-30-2009, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
quasar, nancy11, wobblykate, everyone else who has persisted bfing through struggles: you mamas rock

Anyone else getting tired of being spit up on? River woke up to nurse at 4:30 this morning, nursed for 40 minutes, acted like she was done, then begged to nurse again. After she nursed some more, she spat up an impressive amount of milk all over me. After I changed my shirt, I took her out into the living room and discovered that one of my cats had yakked on the carpet. Man, my life contains way too much in the way of regurgitated stomach contents lately. Yuck. And I'm not even including all the puking I did when I was pregnant. I know I shouldn't complain, and I'm so happy to have this baby. But still, I can't help but remember how little puking my life used to involve.
:

I know exactly what you mean.

OTOH, the threat of spit up is one sure tool to get the baby's four yo sister to stop loving on her. Clara really got it one day--from her howl, you'd think they were both dying. She spent half an hour in the bathtub, much of it directly under the faucet, making sure all the spit up was gone.

Mom of two girls.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
But still, I can't help but remember how little puking my life used to involve.

my life involved much less contact w/someone else's poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Is anyone else not being spit up on? I know this is a good thing, but Cooper has only spit up maybe 3 times and when he does its the tiniest little amount. I'm guessing that means that he is digesting very well, which is obviously a good thing!!
Eden had one bad day of spitting up when my milk supply increased...since then, she'll occasionally spit a bit when she burps, but not too much.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:35 PM

No spit up here, and now my milk supply is crazy low.
I hope I can bring it back.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:44 PM

I'm not getting too spit up on. Really the only time he would spit up before was when he was fed with the cup or with a breast milk bottle. I think it was because he was getting too much all at once. When he's nursing, he has to take his time and I think he realizes he's full before he gets to the point of spitting up. The past few days though, he has spit up a couple times on me. It seems to be that he does this after he falls asleep but keeps nursing. I thnk that when he's sleep nursing, he doesn't really swallow as well, and he also just keeps sucking even if he's hunger satisfied.

nancy, good luck getting your supply up. Sometimes I think I do worry a little too much about supply and things. On another board there's a poster that is pumping about 15 oz extra a day! I was feeling really depressed about that since my supply is nowhere near that. But my baby's growing, he's eating well, and he's happy. So at the moment, there's really no need for me to get all discouraged when I get about an ounce or maybe two extra. I do think I need to pump more frequently though so I can have at least a small supply for when I have to go back to work.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:47 PM

I meant to say too that I've tried a nipple shield. It helped out a little, but at times it was a little awkward and messy. I'd go to take it off and there'd be milk all dripping down me. All I know is that I really am happy with things at the moment, and I'm not going to even think about those rough times.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:49 PM

Aiden gained 2 lbs in the past 10 days since his last doctors appointment! Our pediatrician was cracking up. This little guy definitely cluster feeds. He'll sleep for hours and then nurse frantically for two hours or so at a time. I have a milk supply like a fire hydrant.

There's a babywearing meeting tonight, so hopefully I can work on how to get him in the sling properly and see if there are any other carriers appropriate for a newborn. I have to get it together if I ever hope to leave the house with toddler and infant together.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
Old 04-30-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherweh View Post
Aiden gained 2 lbs in the past 10 days since his last doctors appointment! Our pediatrician was cracking up. This little guy definitely cluster feeds. He'll sleep for hours and then nurse frantically for two hours or so at a time. I have a milk supply like a fire hydrant.

There's a babywearing meeting tonight, so hopefully I can work on how to get him in the sling properly and see if there are any other carriers appropriate for a newborn. I have to get it together if I ever hope to leave the house with toddler and infant together.
i am having such issues with leaving the house. i have this fear of dropping her in the parking lot trying to get her in her sling. i dont know why, i put dd1 in her sling and never had a problem. so i've been carrying her, which is very tiring, and makes things like grocery shopping impossible. im about to get a head support thing so she can ride in our maclaren stroller, which i wasnt planning on using at all until she was older. we cant afford another carrier right now, but that will be first on my list when i get back to work.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:47 PM

River had her first poopy diaper blowout today. Gotta celebrate every milestone!

On the subject of diapers, I'm sad to note that cloth diapers are not quite living up to my hopes and dreams for them. We had River in sposies for the first couple weeks because she was too tiny to fit into her cloth, then we switched her to cloth last Friday. They are so much bulkier and so much more of a hassle. She doesn't really like them. It might just be a coincidence, but she got much fussier right after we switched her to cloth, and now she has a weird rash on her bum. I tried to change her really often, but I feel like I'd have to be changing her every half hour to keep her from sitting in a wet or dirty diaper. The cloth just does not absorb stuff and keep it away from her skin as well as the disposables. We switched her back to sposies to see if her temperament goes back to its previous calm, happy version and to see if they help clear up the rash. (It's already improving only 24 hours after switching her back.) So we'll probably do sposies for a while then switch back to cloth for a few days to see what happens. I'm not happy about the idea of ditching the cloth, but I'll have to do whatever keeps my kiddo happiest.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
Old 04-30-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherweh View Post
Let us know what they tell you about other carriers. I'd like another one, too, and I got an unexpected cash gift meant to be spent on the baby, but I'm having a tough time deciding.

That said, I had my first successful outing with the ring sling today. (Mostly I've just been practicing around the house up 'til now.) I still supported baby with my arm a little, just for my own comfort. People sure did stare, but the only comments I got were totally positive. One older lady said she wished slings were around when she was raising her kids, since it looked so comfy and useful.

As for baby... he just slept. I did end up taking him into one store in the carseat because I was worried about waking him up, but once I was there I wished I had the sling instead. It's really just so easy!

Of course, as I was on my way out of the house, baby had three consecutive poops in the space of ten minutes. I swear they know when you're going somewhere.

The doctor said to just rinse the baby's bum in the sink after a poopy diaper and pat dry, rather than using wipes (cloth or otherwise) and creams. Some of the poops seem to be pretty fatty though, and they stick to his skin. I'm afraid if I use baby wash, it will dry out his skin too much and contribute to the rash. But it seems to be either that or more rubbing, which is also no good. Anybody btdt?

Gallifreyan nerdfighter :, doting partner to the sasquatch , mama to the boss : (10/05) and the new little one (4/14/09). :: and hoping to :
Old 04-30-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
we all feel like the worst mom ever at some point..don't beat yourself up. You're just trying to do the best you can. Are you flushing your system with water? That will help flush out the excess vit c. And Eden has a new scratch on her face daily. At first i put gloves on her, but she loves to try and put her fingers in her mouth and i didn't want to take that away from her.
Quote:
You're doing great. Seriously. Taking care of a newborn and trying to take care of yourself at the same time is not easy, and we are all going to make lots of mistakes as we work on figuring it out. Your baby is lucky to have a mom who puts so much effort into taking good care of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post

AFWife, floradix is OTC. Usually in health/natural food stores. And you're doing a great job

AHH! I'm out for a couple of days and there's too much for my brain to handle!

Thanks for the sweet comments, guys. I really appreciated them

Mel: I'll check that out, it's worth a try, right?

I'll have to update more eventually...I'm exhausted.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 05-01-2009, 12:07 AM

i keep on trying to read this thread and post, but it's gotten so big I can't ever find time to read it all, let alone post to others or even post myself.

DD1's in bed and ds is being held by dh, so i'm finally able to get on here

Breastfeeding isn't going great. I keep getting cracked, bleeding, blistered nipples. I have a lump (clogged duct I believe) in my armpit area that is finally going down. I really need to look up the LC number and give her a call about the bleeding and blistered nipples.

I'm was feeling less sore yesterday then wore myself out cleaning and felt even soreer today than previous.

MIL is gone and left a bigger mess than was here before she came. She and dh were so busy taking care of dd that they forgot about me and I was up doing stuff for my self all the time. She was so good last time with helping out around the house. This time I know she had to deal with dd, but OMG the place was totally trashed when she left. I still haven't got it back together. But seriously, every knife in my house was dirty and i was down to only a few forks.

Oli's calling for some more milk. I'll try to check in later.

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

Old 05-01-2009, 01:59 AM

well, finally I am caught up on this thread...I keep reading and getting 'needed' before I can post!!! LOL

I wonder if anyone else has a colicky baby? Miss K is somewhat colicky, although we have figured out what calms her down kind of. She is doing way more crying than I would like, but if I am holding her and rocking her and walking her, and she's still crying, I can't help it I guess. But today she sounds hoarse...I wonder if that's normal??? I don't think it's from crying, as she really hasn't done 'that' much of it, I hope we're not getting a cold, since my throat is scratchy too. But I don't know. I worry too much I guess...but with all of the stuff going around, and she'll only be one month tomorrow...you know...

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
Old 05-01-2009, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmomma76 View Post
well, finally I am caught up on this thread...I keep reading and getting 'needed' before I can post!!! LOL

I wonder if anyone else has a colicky baby? Miss K is somewhat colicky, although we have figured out what calms her down kind of. She is doing way more crying than I would like, but if I am holding her and rocking her and walking her, and she's still crying, I can't help it I guess. But today she sounds hoarse...I wonder if that's normal??? I don't think it's from crying, as she really hasn't done 'that' much of it, I hope we're not getting a cold, since my throat is scratchy too. But I don't know. I worry too much I guess...but with all of the stuff going around, and she'll only be one month tomorrow...you know...
Seriously, try Gripe Water...it's all natural and it can't hurt to try! I guess we got lucky with no colic here, but when he gets gassy or hiccups I'm running for the stuff!

On BFing: I have a cracked nipple on the right side. Left side is totally fine. I've been dealing with the crack for about a week now by keeping it lubricated (lanolin and Aquaphor) but it's gotten so painful I just can't nurse on that side more than once a day (if that) So, I've decided to pump on that side more often than not and keep him nursing on the left. I really don't want to introduce bottles yet (he's so young) but I feel bad just pumping and dumping... Am I going to screw up my supply by doing this? Should I just try to nurse through the pain? I've started putting Neosporin on it instead of the other stuff...and I take Motrin every 4 hours. Ugh, I've caught myself thinking "maybe I should just pump and bottle feed" more than once and had to chastise myself.

On PPBlues/Depression: I know I have the blues and I'm really worried it's starting to go into depression. My parents have been taking care of the baby...and, while they mean well, they can be quite overbearing. Lately, I've been feeling like more of a wet nurse than a mother. I mean, when it's just me here during the day I'm okay; but whenever they're at home (including most of the night) they usually have him and just bring him to me to eat. My mom keeps talking about how much I need my rest and how my getting to rest is the most important thing right now...and I keep telling her that I need to learn to just deal with it and be a mom. But, they did this kind of thing in high school too (I didn't know how to register for my sophomore year in college because my dad had done everything for me my freshman year...I just had to sign papers) I learn best by just having to do it and that's hard for them to let me do. It's making me feel distant from my DS I can't help but be afraid it's hurting our relationship...but I think, sometimes, it's harder on me than on him.

Sorry, I'll have to finish later...hormones.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 05-01-2009, 03:24 AM

Quote:
My first was like that, but this one has spit up a bit more. She's had three or four huge spit-ups. In two weeks. Okay that's not that bad... But it's hard not to compare.

To all the mamas with breastfeeding challenges, YOU CAN DO IT! You can! And breastmilk with a little supplementing if that is what baby needs to thrive at the moment, is better than giving up. You all rock. I really admire your tenacity.

Quote:
I feel bad just pumping and dumping... Am I going to screw up my supply by doing this?
I don't think so- on the contrary, that will help you maintain a good supply, but why can't you freeze the milk for later, when you WILL want to give him a bottle? Sorry if you already answered that somewhere here.

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
Old 05-01-2009, 03:32 AM

Quote:
I though I'd lucked out on the spit up...until Xander was 3 weeks! Burping him after every feeding and keeping his head elevated really cuts down on it. But hopefully you won't have to deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky leeuhhh View Post
i am having such issues with leaving the house. i have this fear of dropping her in the parking lot trying to get her in her sling. i dont know why, i put dd1 in her sling and never had a problem. so i've been carrying her, which is very tiring, and makes things like grocery shopping impossible. im about to get a head support thing so she can ride in our maclaren stroller, which i wasnt planning on using at all until she was older. we cant afford another carrier right now, but that will be first on my list when i get back to work.
I have a sling and just can't seem to get the hang of it, Xander's chin always winds up mashed against his chest so I worry about positional asphyxiation And a suggestion on a super cheap wrap carrier for you: the Moby wrap website has complete instructions with pictures for free. For the wrap itself, buy 5-6 yards of slightly-but-not-too-stretchy fabric straight off the bolt (Walmart has $1/yard fabrics), cut it along the fold then mark the center width-wise...you're done! I did this with some light weight fabric and feel MUCH more confident wrapping Xander in either the hug hold or kangaroo hold than putting him in the sling. Hope that helps
Old 05-01-2009, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmomma76 View Post
i don't know if eden's colicky or just going through the three week growth spurt the lc mentioned? when they're colick do the want to do nothing but eat? she's been feeding practically non-stop since 4:30 and it's 11:30 now. i tried going to bed around 9, but she screams evert time i take her off. the lc has me using a rx nipple cream on the crack side and pumping for 24 hours. she said to feed eden on the other side

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
Seriously, try Gripe Water...it's all natural and it can't hurt to try! I guess we got lucky with no colic here, but when he gets gassy or hiccups I'm running for the stuff!
where do you get it?

sorry about the crack...i'm there with ya

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:14 AM

slings- I have a wrap and a fitted sling. Love the wrap- this is the first I've ever had. But am afraid it may be too hot on the summer. Its made of cotton (thin) but black. Had him in it outside last week when it was about 80f and he started to sweat! The sling still feels really snug- think my boobs are too big- feel like I am wearing him on top of my boobs! But I hate ring slings- I'm the mom who ends up w/ring on her neck and a hand under the ring to try and keep it from pulling. Would've loved to find the stretchy kind but needed used/inexpensive.

spit-up- not much here. I've taken to calling him bubbles because that's about all he does for spit up. Now pee and poop that's something he's been covering me in since birth- literally! came out pooping on me and then peed on my chest immediately after they placed him there! I've been christened!

milk supply- usaually I have so much I've been known to spray across the room but not this time. My milk came in on day 3 but I had no engorgement at all! I feel so lucky and adtribute it all to the good little eater I have. But the past few days I've been dealing w/a one sided eater- every 2 hrs working thru it. I don't have a pump and can't hand express more than a few drops (this is different that ever before) so I just go w/it and switch breasts every feeding. But he's gaining weight and peeing so much so I know he's getting enough. My supply it increase and decrease to fit his needs/wants.

baby blues- yep dealing w/them too. Think Dh is more worried about me than I am.I have about 2 down days a week and usaully has more to do w/money (we're struggling more right now than before lo came) and the fact I can't control those issues.Some days I just want to run away from it all- mostly the dc (not babe thou- he'd come w/me) but they've been fighting so much more lately (cabin fever- had some nice weather last week now this week all rainy and cool) and grating on my nerves!

I have to say my DH has completely surprised me! he's even more AP than I am sometimes and taken to daddy hood (and parentpartnerhood) so great. I love him so much.

Have to go bf babe, be back later!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
i don't know if eden's colicky or just going through the three week growth spurt the lc mentioned? when they're colick do the want to do nothing but eat? she's been feeding practically non-stop since 4:30 and it's 11:30 now. i tried going to bed around 9, but she screams evert time i take her off. the lc has me using a rx nipple cream on the crack side and pumping for 24 hours. she said to feed eden on the other side

where do you get it?

sorry about the crack...i'm there with ya
No, they scream and scream and scream. : DD1 was colicky from 2 weeks till 5+ months, hours and hours of nonstop crying every day. *shudder* I don't wish that on anyone.

Yesterday was my second day out with Julian. The first trip out he slept happily in the car, not so yesterday. Sigh, I'm hoping it was a fluke. I've already had two car seat haters, I was really hoping that the 3rd one would at least tolerate it. Of course yesterday DD1 was moved up to a more advanced gymnastics level, she'll go 2 days a week throughout the summer even. This summer I can take it somewhat easy as far as driving but when DD1 goes to first grade in August, I'll have to pick her up every day (I'm hoping DH can do drop off), which is 20 minutes each way then what ever I have to shuttle other children to.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
No, they scream and scream and scream. : DD1 was colicky from 2 weeks till 5+ months, hours and hours of nonstop crying every day. *shudder* I don't wish that on anyone.
yes. this, it's like gas you can't get rid of. We have gripe water, my sister swears by it, and its great for hiccups, and gas all day, but nothing helps in the evening but holding her tight and rocking or walking, we have to alternate. she does think she needs more to eat when she's gassy, she thinks the gas pain means hungry, poor baby. yesterday and the night before she was just hoarse sounding and i don't know why. sounds better today, i was just afraid of the flu or something, stupid news.

spit up, yes and no, she has reflux and spits up a little, but mostly she was spitting up in her mouth and choking on it, it's getting better. now however everyone is saying ok, now you don't have to worry about her choking, you don't have to sleep her on you, well i like it and she likes it so bugger off!! she only gets me up twice a night(after the crying ends between 11 and 12 usually) and i still worrying about the choking. i should phase out of the recliner and into the bed with dh though...

bf, this is the best it's ever been for me, but i had 2 bad experiences, so i empathize with you. and you guys are awesome to keep it up!!!! it's so hard.

one handed typing here. i treasure holding this sweet, calm, snuggly baby. i can't believe she's already one month old today!

Old 05-01-2009, 11:50 AM

oh kate, i got gripe water at CVS, Little Tummies makes it, and it was in with the antacids.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:11 PM

Carriers: I like a stretchy wrap or mei tai more than a sling

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 05-01-2009, 01:31 PM

Figured out the milk supply issue. I wasn't drinking enough. I am fending off a UTI that is threatening me right now, so I started to drink lots of fluids and a few hours later my boobs were tremendous. We went all night and this morning without formula supplementation and he's happily snoozing. I actually have just a little too much for him -- well, only like half an ounce... but still!

I'm really happy and hope that I found the problem. The result was so instantaneous, that it must have been it. I have totally lost my appetite and haven't been eating or drinking much at all. It's just starting to return, but it's more like the old me than the pregnant me. I'm thrilled about that, but am now conscious of the need for fluids.

It figures there was a simple solution...

Old 05-01-2009, 01:33 PM

Oh -- and the 3 foot ranged projectile poop during a diaper change by daddy: priceless. (especially since I warned him)

Old 05-01-2009, 04:19 PM

for those with bf issues

for those with baby blues...AFwife-your the mom now, stand up to your parents and for DS who should be resting with you!! you can do it! Remind your parents they had their children and this is your job now to raise your DS.

DD2is doing great! she nurses like a pro and has gained 5 oz at day 4!! our chiro just came over and gave dd2 her first adjustment. I got one too! we are cosleeping! I never thought we would as we didn't feel comfortable with dd1....but we loooove it and are both gtting great sleep!

I too am not crazy about the CD for newborn, they wet so much the dipe is soaked all the time. i may stick with sposies till 1 or 2 months.

I have a stitch that really burns when I pee. MW said it would...but ouch!!! I over did it this AM...I feel so good but after 20 min of being up i'm sore.

DH is amazing!!! He is doing everything and keeps complimenting me on what a great job I did in labor and what a great mom I am. I didn't know our love for eachother would grow more with the birth of our second child!

DD1 is going through some changes but thankfully is sleeping good at night even when dd2 cries! DD1 party is tomorrow, should be ok as it is very low key. MIL is coming today, am a bit worried bout it...
Old 05-01-2009, 05:04 PM

Xander is chilling on a blanket on the floor right now happily cooing inbetween hiccups

On CDs...I'm working on the transition but finding that I blow through the half dozen prefolds I have in a matter of hours. The cloth wipes are a huge hit though, even DH likes them. I bought a bunch of fitted and pocket diapers but can't even use them because the velcro closures literally shred Xander's thighs Ugh, so I'm sending off all 40 diapers I bought to a WAHM who does snap conversions. Thankfully I got the diapers dirt cheap so even with the cost of the snap conversion, they still come out at less than half the cost of their (nearly) identical brand name counterparts. And with the snaps, he won't be taking his diaper off quite so easily when he gets older

We're going to the post office today to ship out those diapers and to mail off all my shower thank you's which I finally finished, right in time to stick them in the same envelope as the birth announcements And depending on how Xander does there, we may even brave the mall to find me some non-maternity clothes that fit :
Old 05-01-2009, 05:58 PM

cds- gwyn is starting to outgrow her newborn diapers already! the only covers she will fit in are her proraps, which are my least fav. i have started putting small bummis on her, which are super duper bulky at this point, but look much more comfortable. we use sposies at night because i can't deal with trying to pull a cloth dipe together while im leaking milk all over and dodging squirting poo, lol. hopefully when i start working ill be able to get some money together for some pocket dipes so i dont have to deal with a prefold sliding all over the place. otherwise i am as in love with cloth as i was for dd1.

sling- this is going a little better today. i think i was trying to be too much of a perfectionist with the way she was sitting in the sling. she is snoozing away in there right now and i have my arms free and am able to type, which is glorious.

going back to work- i think i might have found a nanny job that will let me bring the girls with. this is great because i think it's the only way id be able to afford homeschooling dd1 next year. i wasnt sure id be able to find anything with the economy the way it is, so im keeping my fingers crossed this works out.

oh and baby is a month old today! i can't believe it!!

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!

User Tag List