Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmomma76 View Post
this llo likes to poop in clean diapers only, thank you very much!!! lol

Ahh yes, I have one of those as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky leeuhhh View Post
mine likes to poop as soon as i get the diaper off. lol.

im excited because i just ordered a mei tai for gwyn. im just not loving the sling as much as i used to. are the mei tais pretty easy to work once you have a little practice?? nak.
I'm not a fan of mei tais for newborns but I know women who swear by them from day 1. Google Kozy Karrier, Kelley the woman who makes them (just a certain kind of mei tai) has an awesome site with detailed pics about different carries for newborns.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#62 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gassy. Chubby face. Peeing machine. Aggressive eater (may have to stick with pumping). Grunty sleeper.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#63 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

im excited because i just ordered a mei tai for gwyn. im just not loving the sling as much as i used to. are the mei tais pretty easy to work once you have a little practice?? nak.
nak

I'm using a mei tai baby hawk with Parker and he loves it. Falls asleep every time! Totally easy to put on, even by myself, and I'm a carrier newbie!

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#64 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 02:07 PM

Hi all! I am loving this!! Anyone else?? I do miss the belly kicks and squiggles, but this baby is just great...and I can still say that after 3.5 hours of sleep...although I admit I wasn't as cheerful at 4 this morning!! LOL

I love my nursing tanks. It is so easy to discreetly NIP. Most have no idea! I wear a sleep bra at night, and a long sleeve shirt...because I get cold too.

I am at work for a few hours, trying out bringing babe with me...if it goes well, I can bring her most of the time!! Wish me luck!!

I have Bjorn that my sis loaned me. It is the only one that lo will stay in, she HATES a sling, we tried 2 different ones. Oh well. I think she likes to be more upright because of the reflux. It says not to use it for a newborn, but she has been fine, and she's still only about 6.5 pounds.

Question...since you ladies are always so awesome at answering questions...this was my second VBAC. Since the CS I had a weird numb area around my scar, but now it's spread to most of my belly. Where I can't really feel you touch the top of my skin, but I can feel it underneath...bizarre I know, and does that even make sense? Also, my swelling is back up to like it was a few days PP. My bleeding and spotting is gone. And where my pants hit my belly (regardless of how tight they are, the ones I have on today can be pulled down without unbuttoning them) I have pain. It's like a sharp pain sometimes, and then just an ache pain the rest of the time, like a new bruise...any ideas? Suggestions? Should I call OB?

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#65 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
Ya... it's intermittent, but there. I'm trying to flush it out and am taking in straight cranberry juice. That, plus some general soreness down there appear to be my only lingering issues. I'm trying to avoid antibiotics.
cran caps...i think i took 3 a day... they don't have the sugar juice has and go right coating the bladder, also forces you to drink tons of water with the pills...hope it gets better! Last time I'll mention this so I don't bug you, I just know how much that hurts, I've gotten at least 4 a year for the last 4 years, but thankfully when I get symptoms now I just take the caps for a few days and never actually get the infection. Okay done now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdnaMarie View Post
Lochia for me is bright red again. God forbid I leave the house! It all starts again. Probably will have another 8 weeks of it. :sigh:
mine actually was less from all the activity yesterday...but came back more an hour ago...my soreness is way more when i'm busy...we will heal, we will heal!

Quote:
mine likes to poop as soon as i get the diaper off. lol..
DH has had the sqirty toots from dd2 when diaper comes off...he gets so frustrated and i laugh!

it's gloomy here and it affects my mood....

Have I said how much I love my Moby wrap???? Well I LOVE IT! I just now remembered since DD2 is in it I have two hands to type...so much easier!!! DD1 has asked me to play for the first time since birth, I hope I can get myself to do a little something with her. We have painted and colored, but playing little people or princesses just are not what I want to do right now. DH has been GREAT about playing with DD1 lately. I think he wants to be sure she gets enough attention.

DD2 has that eye gunk. at least she can open it. She's squirmy probably needs a dipe change and nurse. She's wearing a purple KL0 right now, my fav.
#66 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
Ahh yes, I have one of those as well.

I'm not a fan of mei tais for newborns but I know women who swear by them from day 1. Google Kozy Karrier, Kelley the woman who makes them (just a certain kind of mei tai) has an awesome site with detailed pics about different carries for newborns.
i will, thanks!

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#67 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
cran caps...i think i took 3 a day... they don't have the sugar juice has and go right coating the bladder, also forces you to drink tons of water with the pills...hope it gets better! Last time I'll mention this so I don't bug you, I just know how much that hurts, I've gotten at least 4 a year for the last 4 years, but thankfully when I get symptoms now I just take the caps for a few days and never actually get the infection. Okay done now!!!
This is straight cranberry juice. No sugar or other juices. Not easy to drink, but I don't mind it. I may start on some caps when it's gone. Surprisingly, this doesn't hurt much. I'm not sure why. Tips appreciated!!

#68 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmomma76 View Post
I have Bjorn that my sis loaned me. It is the only one that lo will stay in, she HATES a sling, we tried 2 different ones. Oh well. I think she likes to be more upright because of the reflux. It says not to use it for a newborn, but she has been fine, and she's still only about 6.5 pounds.
Have you tried using the sling with baby in upright position (tummy to tummy)?
I find it easier to get ds2 in the sling upright rather than cradle anyway.

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/vi...sition-211110/

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#69 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawncayden View Post
Have you tried using the sling with baby in upright position (tummy to tummy)?
I find it easier to get ds2 in the sling upright rather than cradle anyway.

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/vi...sition-211110/
I Love that video!
#70 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondimpression View Post

After the meconium poops, I think Xander only had 2-3 poops that first week...TONS of pee-drenched diapers though. We've found out that he's a cluster pooper. We'll get tiny skidmarks at every diaper change but he seems to save it all up for poopsplosions. His pattern is something like 20 pee diapers followed by 3 overflowing poop diapers I'd second what your MW said, if she's peeing she's getting milk and the poops will come soon enough!
Thanks for letting me know this is a normal pattern. Yesterday baby was already back to 8lb12oz at 1 week pp (birth weight was 9lbs) so no more worries about adequate nursing, she's doing great w/ her weight gain. MW reiterated that some babies are just more efficient in using the BM and not to worry as long as there is plenty of pee and she is gaining weight and her behavior is normal. Phew.

I'd better start using the NB wraps and infant prefolds... those wraps only go up to 10lbs! (I got them very cheap second-hand from a similarly large baby so I think they are hardly used...) Still using just sposies and I think I'll go a few more days on that but switch to cloth around 2weeks and see if it works. We waited longer than that w/ DS but I have acquired 18 infant prefolds and 24 fuzzibunz smalls as hand-me-downs that I didn't have last time either, so I really have a big stash of tiny dipes!

Yesterday DS was stricken with a stomach bug and vomited several times. He's already getting over it so whatever it is doesn't seem to long-lived. I was feeling REALLY overwhelmed yesterday... I hadn't napped enough, DS was sick, and I kept thinking about how horrible it would be if the baby got sick, and then I was crying about it, and poor DS was saying, "I'm sorry that I am sick" which made me feel even WORSE because its not his fault! Anyway, it all seems a bit funny now but I sure was at the end of my rope yesterday. Hoping for the magic of breastmilk to protect baby. And I never got sick when I was exclusively bf-ing my son, hope I can resist the bug too...

dissertating mom to three

#71 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
This is straight cranberry juice. No sugar or other juices. Not easy to drink, but I don't mind it. I may start on some caps when it's gone. Surprisingly, this doesn't hurt much. I'm not sure why. Tips appreciated!!
My friends who don't want or can't get antibiotics sometimes use apple cider vinegar to cure infection. Its sort of a cure all, so it certainly can't hurt (although admittedly does taste sick). I prefer it this way: 1 small teacup of hot water with 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp honey.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#72 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 06:39 PM

Aiden was having that funky belly button smell again and guess what? Infection in the folds of his armpits! I lifted them up and there was pus! I bathed him last just two days ago and noticed that they were kind of raw looking (they have been just sort of red and painful looking since birth) but I've been washing them with baby soap (Method squeaky green baby clean) and water every 3 days or so when I bathe him and I think I put diaper cream on them one time.

I put Neosporin on them, but any advice? Sigh. It isn't like an adult, where you can just let them air out or something, he always holds his arms in and he has a good deal of chub and little fat folds.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#73 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 06:57 PM

Z grunts in his sleep.

#74 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
I also have been feeling kind of itchy- I hope it's b/c I am actually healing now where I can *feel* anything at all down there. Its all towards the front, which is where I had the most stress this time (and stitches last time). No stitches but I had a very minor split that the MW didn't think was worth stitching. Good idea about the receiving blankets. I have some cotton flannel PJ pants that split up the crotch from my pregnant giganticness... maybe I will pull them out of the trash bag and make them into mama rags. I've never used those before but perhaps its time to start. We haven't started cloth dipes yet but will soon which makes the washing seem easier. Do you sew a waterproof layer on the back or not worry about it?
my faves are the size of a washcloth made from dh's old pjs. i just zig-zagged the edges (4 layers). i fold in thirds. no pul, but i used sposies when i was bleeding heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Kate - what did Eden do while you were at practice? Four hours must have been exhausting for you!!!!
part of the time she slept in a bouncy chair, part of the time i held her and just sang and part of the time our bass player's dp held her. she was good.:

Quote:

eden likes to poop in the covers while i'm trying to put on a fresh cloth dipe

i love the mei tai for her. she's over 10 lbs, tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherweh View Post
Aiden was having that funky belly button smell again and guess what? Infection in the folds of his armpits! I lifted them up and there was pus! I bathed him last just two days ago and noticed that they were kind of raw looking (they have been just sort of red and painful looking since birth) but I've been washing them with baby soap (Method squeaky green baby clean) and water every 3 days or so when I bathe him and I think I put diaper cream on them one time.

I put Neosporin on them, but any advice? Sigh. It isn't like an adult, where you can just let them air out or something, he always holds his arms in and he has a good deal of chub and little fat folds.
it's likely yeast that's the culprit. if they have open sores i wouldn't do this, but otherwise vinegar water might work. 2 tbsp vinegar to 1 c water. make sure to wash and thoroughly dry every day. i wouldn't over-use the soap.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#75 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 07:24 PM

Eden's 10 lbs 2.5 oz as of yesterday!:

#76 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 07:42 PM

#77 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife View Post
he is so cute!!

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#78 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Z grunts in his sleep.
Nora, too. I'm slowly learning to distinguish the poop grunt, the pee grunt, the hungry grunt and the regular still asleep grunt.

I'm going to check in with my midwife tomorrow. Nora's skin is terrible- lots of baby acne but some suspiciously eczema-like patches. I feel even more dietary eliminations coming on...

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#79 of 142 Old 05-06-2009, 10:01 PM

Oliver's skin is so dry in certain areas. His hand and feet are the worse. The skin is peeling half the time in those areas even. I've tried to squirt some breast milk and see if it helps and used some Lanolin on it as well. Hands are looking better but feet are still the same. Ideas on what to put on it?

I have my first SCA event this Sat that I'm taking Oliver to. He won't be dressed in period clothing, but i'm trying to figure out a middle ages clothes that I can easily nurse in. We'll see what I can come up with because i'll be there all day and the little man will get hungry.

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#80 of 142 Old 05-07-2009, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
Oliver's skin is so dry in certain areas. His hand and feet are the worse. The skin is peeling half the time in those areas even. I've tried to squirt some breast milk and see if it helps and used some Lanolin on it as well. Hands are looking better but feet are still the same. Ideas on what to put on it?

I have my first SCA event this Sat that I'm taking Oliver to. He won't be dressed in period clothing, but i'm trying to figure out a middle ages clothes that I can easily nurse in. We'll see what I can come up with because i'll be there all day and the little man will get hungry.
Parker had REALLY bad peeling skin all over (but it was especially bad on his feet, hands and arms) at about 1 week pp. I felt so bad! I tried to bathe him as infrequently as possible - and used some natural lotion. It was gone in about 2 weeks. Ped. said it was normal.

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#81 of 142 Old 05-07-2009, 12:27 AM

Im here finally! Postpartum!! Yes!!!

Have you guys tried a drop of oil for the dry skin? Almond smells so good and works!

I cant breastfeed her but Im pumping and its working! I have syringes of colostrum and I think my milk is about to come in, Im amazed at how well my body is working even without a baby near me. :

wife. dd1 : dd2
#82 of 142 Old 05-07-2009, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Eden was peeling until 2 weeks pp. At one point I was taking her shirt off for a bath and I blew on her and flakes just flew off...full body dandruff. I just used cetaphil to make sure the skin underneath didn't crack. Dr. said it was totally normal, especially for a post-dates baby.

#83 of 142 Old 05-07-2009, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post

Have you guys tried a drop of oil for the dry skin? Almond smells so good and works!

I cant breastfeed her but Im pumping and its working! I have syringes of colostrum and I think my milk is about to come in, Im amazed at how well my body is working even without a baby near me. :
YAY!! for breastmilk!!!:::
#84 of 142 Old 05-07-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I was fighting a UTI in the last trimester, and I found straight cranberry juice and drank it... You're a brave brave woman. I stuck to the cranberry capsules pretty much, I had to mix the cranberry with some other juice to get it down. I also took vit C. My MW suggested Uva Ursi in an infusion, but I couldn't get that down either.

Quote:

Vinegar works for yeast rashes on the bottom, seems like it might work there too. I wonder if you should put powder (baby powder or cornstarch or something) in the folds so they don't chafe?

Quote:

Miriam had really dry ankles and feet, I rubbed them with olive oil. It took awhile for that top dry layer to come off, but she doesn't seem to be shedding anymore.

I have to figure out a formal outfit for next month. We have a annual ball, and last year I wore a skirt and top, but the top was tight and hard to maneuver... I ended up nursing in the bathroom. Would like to avoid that this year... I think a trip to the thrift store is in order!

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

#85 of 142 Old 05-07-2009, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We had our first night of no pooping at night! : I'm utterly thrilled not to have to get up 4+ times to change a dipe.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#86 of 142 Old 05-07-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Glad it doesn't hurt for you!!!

Quote:
My friends who don't want or can't get antibiotics sometimes use apple cider vinegar to cure infection. Its sort of a cure all, so it certainly can't hurt (although admittedly does taste sick). I prefer it this way: 1 small teacup of hot water with 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp honey.
I used this remedy for cold sores...who knew it could be used for this too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife View Post
Beautiful boy! Congrats on the 1 month milestone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post

Yeah, glad your here!!!! I'll have to try some oil...we used california baby sensative lotion and that helped alot but there are still a few spots and I don't want to use that on her hands. THanks for the tip. Glad pumping is working for you!!!

Should have went outside yesterday, it never ended up rainy was just gloomy, now it'll probably rain today . SIL is bringing more food today, yeah! DD2 is doing well...nurses great and sleeps great too! Did have a few moments of fussiness yesterday but mild.

I need to do a bit more around the house to ease DH's anxiety...so I won't be checking back here till tonight or tomorrow...Have a GREAT day new mamas!
#87 of 142 Old 05-07-2009, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Welcome Lindsay! : :

Did anyone elses LO go through the 3 week growth spurt early? Cooper could not nurse enough yesterday at 2 and a half weeks! He would feed and be screaming in hunger an hour or less later! I felt like I couldn't produce enough milk fast enough for him!

It was supposed to rain all week here but the sun decided to come out yesterday and we took a nice long walk :

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#88 of 142 Old 05-07-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnatty View Post
Vinegar works for yeast rashes on the bottom, seems like it might work there too. I wonder if you should put powder (baby powder or cornstarch or something) in the folds so they don't chafe
Eden had a weepy spot in her neck folds at 3 days old. We put cornstarch on it b/c my mom suggested and the LC said no b/c cornstarch encourages yeast. She said it was most important to keepit clean & dry. She said you could apply a small amount of breast milk (not sopping wet, just swab the area and let it dry), but i wouldn't do that if there was actual infection (i.e. pp mentioned pus, which makes me think the yeast has broken the skin and allowed bacteria to develop. if it just "cheesy" with white stuff, but no broken skin I's go with breast milk or vinegar water)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Welcome Lindsay! : :

Did anyone elses LO go through the 3 week growth spurt early? Cooper could not nurse enough yesterday at 2 and a half weeks! He would feed and be screaming in hunger an hour or less later! I felt like I couldn't produce enough milk fast enough for him!
yes! it was exhausting and I began to worry I had birthed a little monster...i was actually terrified she was developing an extremely annoying personality, but it passed in a couple of days!

#89 of 142 Old 05-07-2009, 01:57 PM

Welcome to the postpartum thread, Lindsay!!!

We made a trip to the midwife's office to re-weigh Nora this morning, and she's been gaining great over the past 9 days. Which is good, since my attempts to get her to feed more were rather unsuccessful. She eats when she wants to and is finished when she's finished- any prodding to get a little more hindmilk in is either spit back up at me, or she arches her back and pulls off.

And she's one month old today : It's gone by so quickly!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#90 of 142 Old 05-07-2009, 02:24 PM

cord fell off at 4 days pp, yay!

Piper projectile pooped on me yesterday.

My landlord decided not to stay with us (a huge sigh of relief b/c I was so worried about being hostest so soon after the birth). Instead the lady that moved in the house we were going to move into (the same house the landlord is working on) decided to move out after day two of living there! Landlord is staying there to finish the house.

I'm staying in bed! Come next week dh goes back to work. I'll have to resume my former responsibilies and I'm not looking forward to it!

Going to do an herbal bath today!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page