PP Weekly Thread 5/3 - 5/9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 142 Old 05-03-2009, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I had a wonderful trip to visit my mom and family in Massachusetts since last wednesday.

I also got myself a Baby Hawk mei tai (sp) carrier & I love it! So does Parker.... I'm looking forward to using it around the house.

I must have leaked through my shirt on at least 5 different occasions over the last few days. It drove me crazy! Usually, when I was nursing on one side the other would leak through my shirt... UGH! I think it was because I was nursing a bit less than when I'm hanging at home I had a bit more supply (that wasn't being used as frequently).

Ummmmm - yeah, okay... I just checked to see how my leaking "situation" was right now...left boob - soaked through my shirt, and because I'm sitting (slouching) and my boobs are resting on my post baby belly "fluff" I've also leaked through and soaked the entire front of my shirt. I think it's time to pump!

I try to keep a humorous attitude about it, even though it's embarrassing! But at least I'm home right now....

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#2 of 142 Old 05-03-2009, 10:53 PM

Oh yeah- I'm washing my sheets every 2-3 days (as though I don't have enough to do) because they are soaked with milk. Yuck. All night we move from one side of the bed to the other and I am constantly laying in a puddle of milk. Baby and I both wake up damp and smelly. Man since labor and delivery I haven't had a dry moment kwim?

I love my BabyHawk- can you use it with little ones? I borrowed a smaller mei-tei from a friend and baby still almost fell out the armpit part. I'm really needing a good ring sling right now. The wrap has been GREAT, but it is too time consuming and body-encompassing to be practical for around the house when I need to grab an errant toddler or nurse on demand.

Of course this is what the whole board was about and I am so happy to be on this new adventure and the baby is beautiful and so on, BUT I am sort of sad that our pregnancies are over and the joyful anticipation that went with it. Its been such a marvelous journey with all of you each step of the way. I really have appreciated all the advice and confidence that I got from this board, so sad its kind of coming to an end! I miss coming to the board daily (ok multiple times daily) to see what was new with everyone in their pregnancies and who had delivered, etc. This has been a healing experience for me after my first birth experience and subsequent miscarriage. You are all an awesome group of strong women!

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#3 of 142 Old 05-03-2009, 10:55 PM

I'm here with you on the leaking! I put in new pads and leaked through them in less than 30 minutes. I was wondering how the outside of my shirt was wet - then i figured it out. And mine is totally when I'm nursing on one side, the other lets down and leaks

Took dh to his first SCA meeting! So nice to get out of the house with the little one and leave older one and dh at home. He did really good - wanted to nurse twice and pooped twice. The second time he decided to poo loud enough for all to hear! Then i go to change him and he decided he wasn't done...needless to say he went through the small pack of wipes I had brought.

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#4 of 142 Old 05-03-2009, 11:01 PM

Heather - I'm going through missing being pregnant and coming to the board daily for updates or whatever. I hate that the due date boards get split up on here. I'd love to be able to continue to talk to all you guys on here about all the baby stuff. I looked over on the life with babe and it's so many people talking about a broad range of ages. I like that we are all in the same month. And that we spent all of pregnancy together.

While I love finally being able to reach the petals on the car, to breath normally and into regular clothes, I miss the belly. I miss the movements and the wiggles and kicks. As of right now I know I'm not done being pregnant in my life. I'm not looking for that anytime soon, mind you, but definitly not done. With all the annoying things and waiting at the end, it's all totally worth it and all such an amazing time.

#5 of 142 Old 05-03-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
Heather - I'm going through missing being pregnant and coming to the board daily for updates or whatever. I hate that the due date boards get split up on here. I'd love to be able to continue to talk to all you guys on here about all the baby stuff. I looked over on the life with babe and it's so many people talking about a broad range of ages. I like that we are all in the same month. And that we spent all of pregnancy together.

While I love finally being able to reach the petals on the car, to breath normally and into regular clothes, I miss the belly. I miss the movements and the wiggles and kicks. As of right now I know I'm not done being pregnant in my life. I'm not looking for that anytime soon, mind you, but definitly not done. With all the annoying things and waiting at the end, it's all totally worth it and all such an amazing time.

That last month or so I was so ready to be done because I was so uncomfortable...and I LOVE having my baby...but being pregnant was so neat. I miss the kicks most of all.

Can't we do "April 2009 Moms" kind of threads throughout the year in the Babe section? (and later sections as well?) I love having contact with moms of children the same age as my DS!

Leaking: I constantly wear nursing pads so I can't always tell if I'm leaking or not (although, he eats CONSTANTLY so I'm always feeding or pumping...so I'm not sure there's much excess to leak right now) I did, however, soak a nursing pad a few days back. I had gone all night without pumping/nursing on the right side and when I woke up the pad and my bra were soaked through and my breast was hard as a rock...you only make that mistake one time let me tell you (ouch)

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#6 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 01:18 AM

I'm feeling the same way as you are all about missing the pregnancy, but I'm sooo in love with my new daughter!

Today I walked across the street to my sister's house to a "Meet the Baby" party. She did a great job setting everything up. I had so much fun. Piper had her first blow out while a friend held her. Then my sister says, "You got lucky, all of her kids puke on me, lol".
#7 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 01:19 AM

after leaking through numerous shirts at night time i've found the best solution for me is to sleep in a nursing bra w/pads. i wear a zip sweatshirt over the top. very comfy, no more shirts stiff w/ dried milk in the morning. yuk. not leaking as much as the first week or so, tho. except dd likes to let go shortly after getting the foremilk running and let it spray (literally, spray!) down my shirt.

nursing is getting better every day :. i hope the same is true for us all. nancy, i was thrilled to read in the last thread that you had figured out your supply!!

eden had another good night last night. the cluster feeds are exhausting, but as long as she's not screaming...

my mom's visiting again tomorrow...maybe i can make some of the phone calls i've been putting off!

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#8 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 02:09 AM

Kate, I slept in a nursing bra for 2 years with my son. Its the only thing that worked for me. I also often slept on top of a towel, I hear you ladies about the crazy wet bed.

Right now I am using disposable nursing pads, which I'm not crazy about, but the washable ones are so useless when I am leaking this much. It just seems to spread the milk spot out into a nice perfect circle. With my son about 4 months in the leaking situation got much better. I only very RARELY leaked on the non-nursing side. But before that it was a fountain. Sometimes it would actually spray out if I wasn't wearing a bra/shirt over it. I am hoping all that happens faster this time.

Yikes, I hear my 5-day-old smacking her lips and making these struggly little vocalizations over on my mom's lap, so, speaking of nursing.... gotta go.

dissertating mom to three

#9 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, everyone!
My baby girl is one week old today, and my DP went back to work this morning. I had a moment of panic and held him back about 15 minutes so that I could take a shower. With my first baby, I would have taken a quick shower without DP around, but now that there are two other little ones around, I don't think it's a good idea.
I wish that I could trust my two older girls not to treat baby as a doll, but they are 3.5 & 5 years old and that would be entirely unrealistic.

I've been leaking and/or engorged since my second PP day. I finally pumped a few ounces on the on the fourth day, and that helped somewhat. I have been nervous about pumping too much and causing the situation to get completely out of control. I wear a disposable nursing pad all the time. My 3.5yo dd - the same kiddo who nursed 3X last Sunday and ultimately brought on my labor the next morning - immediately upon meeting her baby sister, announced to everyone that big sisters do not nurse and babies do. DD held to that solidly until this AM. Was I ever thankful for the relief! She told DP that my milk tastes like strawberries.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#10 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post
She told DP that my milk tastes like strawberries.
Well, its good to find out what it tastes like from a verbal nursling! (well, I guess a recent nursling).

My DS, who is 4 1/2, keeps talking big talk that he is going to start nursing again, but so far, thank goodness, he has shown no actual interest in doing it.

I also hear you about not being able to totally trust that siblings won't treat baby as a doll. My son is dying to have his sister nap with him etc (he wants to lie together with her and snuggle, its sweet) but I feel I have to stay close the whole time, and then I am frustrated b/c I'd like to use his naps/bedtime as my grown-up time (whatever that is, lol). He wants to hold and hug her, and most of the time he's fine, but I have to keep a sharp lookout. It will be good when she's older and can protect herself a bit.

Of course, we'll sort it all out.

#11 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

I love my BabyHawk- can you use it with little ones? I borrowed a smaller mei-tei from a friend and baby still almost fell out the armpit part. I'm really needing a good ring sling right now. The wrap has been GREAT, but it is too time consuming and body-encompassing to be practical for around the house when I need to grab an errant toddler or nurse on demand.

YES! They go in chest to chest with their legs bent in their "froggy" position. The shoulder straps after crossing at your back, you wrap high around their back to close off the armpit part and tie it securely at their back. It's perfect because my guys little head gets support from the top of the carrier and he stays high up on my torso so I can still move around. I actually untied the carrier at one point to slide him down and nurse, which worked pretty well!

I also have a sling, which I need to try nursing in, and a stretchy wrap which works great for nursing. Right now I'll be using the Baby Hawk.... to get used to it. I love that it's reversible so DH can wear it without the cute print I got...LOL.

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#12 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 02:06 PM

I sleep in a bra with pads as well. I still find that I leak while nursing, etc but it definitely helps a lot!

I am so with all of you on the whole missing being pregnant thing. I was so ready to be done and now I'm missing the kicks and the belly. I do love having him on the outside finally though!

Married to my best friend partners.gif Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two dog2.gif  Remembering angel1.gif 3/2008

****5***heartbeat.gif 10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#13 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 02:16 PM

I lost 25 pounds so far.
I don't miss being pregnant.
I don't leak, but sleep in bra + pads and...

I created a monster. rawr.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#14 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherweh View Post

Of course this is what the whole board was about and I am so happy to be on this new adventure and the baby is beautiful and so on, BUT I am sort of sad that our pregnancies are over and the joyful anticipation that went with it. Its been such a marvelous journey with all of you each step of the way. I really have appreciated all the advice and confidence that I got from this board, so sad its kind of coming to an end! I miss coming to the board daily (ok multiple times daily) to see what was new with everyone in their pregnancies and who had delivered, etc. This has been a healing experience for me after my first birth experience and subsequent miscarriage. You are all an awesome group of strong women!
I am sad that I"m not on here as much either...I talk about my MDC friends alot in converstations in the "real world".

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
That last month or so I was so ready to be done because I was so uncomfortable...and I LOVE having my baby...but being pregnant was so neat. I miss the kicks most of all.

Can't we do "April 2009 Moms" kind of threads throughout the year in the Babe section? (and later sections as well?) I love having contact with moms of children the same age as my DS!
I am in the minority here, I don't miss being pregnant. I am so glad to have my baby on the outside, it is so much easier for me (I know that sounds crazy, but it's true) We plan on this being our last one, unless God has other plans, so I"m relishing every moment as I know it will not last long! The thought of her being out of the newborn stage makes me sad!

I like the idea of the April 2009 MOMs thread in the baby section...I'm not sure I"m going to do the face book thing as I just really don't want to get an account and all that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
Kate, I slept in a nursing bra for 2 years with my son. Its the only thing that worked for me.

Right now I am using disposable nursing pads, which I'm not crazy about, but the washable ones are so useless when I am leaking this much.
I too am using disposable pads, I have the washable ones that'll work probably age 6mo and beyond, but till then I'm sure I'll have to sleep in my nursing bra with those pads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post
Hi, everyone!
My baby girl is one week old today, and my DP went back to work this morning. I had a moment of panic and held him back about 15 minutes so that I could take a shower.
Congrats! My baby girl is 1 week old today too! Can you believe how fast that week went. DH went back to work this morning, he had an important on site meeting, but he just walked in the door to stay the afternoon. I just didn't have enough time with just us as a family as we had relatives over for DD's B-day this weekend, which actually went very well. I too had a mini panic last night and had tears this morning when DH left but the morning went good. I was able to take a shower when DD2 was sleeping in the bassinet in the hall so I could see her from the bathroom doorway and DD1 had a video in downstairs. Worked well. I can't imagine having 3 children to work around!

Here's a question for you all...do you wake your baby to feed at night? DD2 will sleep for a good 5 hour stretch and she is nursing really good between and throughout the day and has never lost weight, she gained 5 oz at day 3. So to me it doesn't seem like a necessity. I think to just continue nursing on demand.

We are still co sleeping so that is working great for us! And starting yesterday DD2 would take naps in the bassinet so that has been able to get some stuff done...I just don't want to overdo it and end up making my recovery last longer...kwim.
#15 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 03:58 PM

ShineLikeTheSon, I think DP's week went by so quickly for a similar reason: we had visitors EVERY DAY over the past week. I can't really complain, as many of our visitors were also bringing food and/or taking the older girls on a play date. Still, I'd have liked to have one day just to ourselves as a famliy to savor the first moments with our new addition.

I haven't been waking my little one or really keeping track of time between nursing. I just try to pick up on her cues to nurse on demand, and I think that is fine because she's gaining a good amount of weight and healthy. Enjoy that night-time sleep, Mama!!!

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#16 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 04:08 PM

I kinda wish we had visitors - pretty much no more calls or emails or nothing after baby is born. It's like they were all so excited for him to get here and bugging me non stop, and now no one calls or emails. My parents came to see Oliver once in the hospital and haven't called or nothing since. For my daughter we had tons of visitor and everything. It'd be nice to have more people visit since it would occupy dd more.

I'm about in tears because I've lost all my good slings. I can't find them anywhere. I've searched the whole house and nothing... I just can't believe I've lost them. I loved my maya ring sling, and I had a tye dye one. Both are no where to be found. I also had one I wore in the water, again, missing. It so upsetting. First time since I've had the baby I want to break down in tears. I just can't believe I lost them.

Talked with the LC today and she gave me some more tips and said if stuff still isn't working that I can come in and she can try to see if something else is off with viewing his latch.

#17 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 04:29 PM

To all of you who need a good ring sling, I have a friend who is selling the older type (no padding) maya wraps for their original price from 1999, http://www.onegreensnail.com/

To keep baby safe around my other kids & to move well with hands free, I adore the mayawrap right now. I end up eating most meals with baby Ramsay in it too, its the quickest and easiest with a newborn. I have wraps but they make him a little mad right now.

As for the mad leaking in bed, I am not a fan of bras at night, so I will keep a stack of hand towels next to the bed and put one under the breast and one close by for unexpected pop-offs and spraying. I keep the baby in a sleep positioner on his side beside me & the positioner has a blanket on top and a baby blanket underneath. the whole thing is in top of a waterproof mattress pad. So, next to me I keep a few hand towels or raggedy cloth dipes for milk & a stack of receiving blankets in case he pees thru the dipe. This way I avoid changing the whole bed.

I am coming up on week 3 after C section. I am not on any drugs which is nice, b/c percosets can make you weepy! But ,still sore, which is normal. And trying hard to keep my activity pretty low key.

To all the ladies who have wild babies who have a hard time latching in the middle of the night, I have that baby too! This little Ramsay has been my hardest baby to nurse of all. I know it will improve with time though.

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
#18 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 04:36 PM

My baby would latch onto a garden hose and be perfectly content.

#19 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 04:37 PM

I'm right there on missing the big baby belly...well you know, the kicks and squirms and searching for the heartbeat...not the inability to tie my shoes and the shooting pains up and down my back

I sleep in a nursing tank with breast pads. Really wishing I'd bought a nursing tee instead of the tank, my shoulders get so COLD at night!

Do the washable nursing pads not come with a water proof layer? I sewed a water proof layer into mine and while they do definitely feel soggier than the disposables, I haven't had a problem with leakage (and I do letdown from both sides, yuck).
#20 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 06:27 PM

Just Julian and I went out this morning. Poor guy did fine on the way there, but didn't like the car on the way home. I've always had puddles of milk, I'm laughing about the posters talking about moving away from the wet spots all night, that was always me, but not this time. Maybe after 6 years of straight bfing, my breasts have finally figured out how much to make from the beginning.

Not much weight loss here. I've always been slow to lose it, but a little more can come off. I've lost 14 lbs and that is it. : I'm mostly irked because I have absolutely no pants that fit besides my maternity ones.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#21 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 08:19 PM

wow, I am not even THINKING about weight loss yet (obviously I've had some, since the baby was 9lbs!). It came off very, very slowly last time, I am determined to be a little more proactive this time, but on the other hand its just not my priority in the first few weeks. I guess I know my body WON'T lose it quickly, and I don't want to get upset about it.

I don't miss being pregnant at all, though I do in a way miss the excitement/anticipation of potential and possibility.

I am still exhausted, it will be a week tomorrow and I am fine with just holing up an taking it easy for a bit longer. Haven't taken baby anywhere yet and I find I am really reluctant (we've played outside the apt a bit, but haven't actually GONE anywhere and she hasn't been in the car). I think b/c I know I'll be back at work relatively soon, I am just not in any rush to get out with the baby and start dragging her around the grown-up world... (I am a full-time grad student, so fortunately "work" is still more flexible than it is for many other people, its still a big responsibility outside the home).

Unfortunately, my husband had literally gotten a brand-new job less than a week before the baby was born. He came home early the day she was born and took the next day off and went back. I feel bad for him (and for us all) about that. Luckily my mom is here to help me though.

#22 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liseux View Post
I am coming up on week 3 after C section. I am not on any drugs which is nice, b/c percosets can make you weepy! But ,still sore, which is normal. And trying hard to keep my activity pretty low key.
I didn't know that about Percocet. I'm sure being on that for two weeks didn't help with my general PP weepiness. I'm off it now and only taking ibuprofen when I feel like I really need it. I'm glad your recovery is going well. I'm sore too, three weeks after my c-section. But my surgical glue is starting to come off, so that's a step in the right direction. And I think I finally tracked down and eliminated all traces of the adhesive from the million and one things that were taped to me in the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
Not much weight loss here. I've always been slow to lose it, but a little more can come off. I've lost 14 lbs and that is it. : I'm mostly irked because I have absolutely no pants that fit besides my maternity ones.
Yep, I am so over having to wear yoga pants every day because nothing else fits. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was pretty much just wearing my one pair of maternity jeans, which I haven't tried on since River was born, but I just refuse to wear any pants with that maternity belly panel. I did remember one pair of maternity pants that doesn't have the panel. It drove me nuts when I was still pregnant because I hate the below-the-belly kind of maternity pants, but that pair fits me now!

Today was the third day in a row where I got to take a nap at least two and half hours long. I found myself telling my baby, "It's amazing how much cuter you are when Mama is well rested!"

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#23 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 08:31 PM

I mentioned my weight loss because I haven't done much but feed feed feed since I got home. I was amazed at how much came off.

I'm very tired and still bleeding and sore and have a mild uti (never had one before).

Basically, I'm wiped and my emotions are all over the place.

#24 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
wow, I am not even THINKING about weight loss yet (obviously I've had some, since the baby was 9lbs!).

I don't miss being pregnant at all, though I do in a way miss the excitement/anticipation of potential and possibility.
Same here, I'm sure I've lost, but don't even know what I was at my last appointment to compare to.

I also agree about missing the anticipation of the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post

Yep, I am so over having to wear yoga pants every day because nothing else fits. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was pretty much just wearing my one pair of maternity jeans, which I haven't tried on since River was born, but I just refuse to wear any pants with that maternity belly panel. I did remember one pair of maternity pants that doesn't have the panel. It drove me nuts when I was still pregnant because I hate the below-the-belly kind of maternity pants, but that pair fits me now!

OOPS! should have kept those early maternity jeans...I gave them to SIL who couldn't wear them and gave them to a friend...now I have NOTHING other than yoga pants that will fit till I"m back down to size...guess I'll still be wearing those yoga pants for a few months!

Is itching feeling down below normal? I did have quite a few stitches and it's been a week. With my history of yeast, I of course am very nervous about that being the issue. There could be a many reasons I could have a yeasty again... sweets, antibiotics, mama bottom spray, tucks pads, general birth who knows but just wondering if the natural healing could be the culprit and not another yeasty problem????

Also DH is soooo missing DTD! He was a bit sick of it towards the end and now he is relentless! It's going to be a long 6 or more weeks for him!!!!

DD2 is wanting to nurse again, she is never full! But I love it!

Oh and CDing...we have been going back and forth between sposies and CD. A few of the fitteds I got were too small for our 8.5 lb baby and a few are still a bit too big they leak, so we don't have as many and run out...also at night I'm using sposies as no way am I getting up every hour to change this little peeer (is that even a word?) The kissaluv0 and a WAHM pocket small are my favs with the infant prowrap. Though I can't wait to get into my pockets, blueberries, BG, FB, blueberries minkis! DH loves the pockets so will change more when we get into those too! Though seriously I love picking out which diaper I"m going to use so I generally offer to change anyway! Funny what we get excited about isn't it!
#25 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 09:00 PM

i have no kegel strength. i cannot stop my pee mid-stream. if i laugh when i happen to have to pee, it's all over. this isn't fun.

anybody else?
#26 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondimpression View Post
I sleep in a nursing tank with breast pads. Really wishing I'd bought a nursing tee instead of the tank, my shoulders get so COLD at night!
I've heard of people cutting two slits in an old t-shirt for access for nursing at night.

I wore a nursing bra and pads at night for a year with ds1, but this time I'm just holding a fleece pad over top of the nipple not in use.

For bed wetness I put 4 towels down to sleep on at night and remove the top one as they get wet.

Ds2 is 4 weeks tomorrow : I don't know where the time flies. Soon dh will be going back to work but at least I headed out of the house with both boys all by myself...baby steps

I soooo miss dtd. I've been wanting to since I was 1 week pp Which is totally weird since last pregnancy it felt like 6 weeks was wayyyy too soon to be doing ANYTHING 'down there'.

Ds2 is fitting into our AIO dipes, so that is really great. We are still using sposies for night time and outtings, but I think I'll stop using them for outtings tomorrow.

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#27 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncaMama View Post
i have no kegel strength. i cannot stop my pee mid-stream. if i laugh when i happen to have to pee, it's all over. this isn't fun.

anybody else?
Me: Kinda.
It hurts to sneeze and cough, too. :-/

#28 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawncayden View Post
I soooo miss dtd. I've been wanting to since I was 1 week pp Which is totally weird since last pregnancy it felt like 6 weeks was wayyyy too soon to be doing ANYTHING 'down there'.
Me, too. I was just thinking today how strange it is to have thoughts of DTD at one week PP. Not that it would be enjoyable physically at this point - just wish I could fast-forward to the end of my PP period.

#29 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
Is itching feeling down below normal? I did have quite a few stitches and it's been a week. With my history of yeast, I of course am very nervous about that being the issue. There could be a many reasons I could have a yeasty again... sweets, antibiotics, mama bottom spray, tucks pads, general birth who knows but just wondering if the natural healing could be the culprit and not another yeasty problem????
I'm 5 weeks PP and my stitches still itch like crazy sometimes. I also have TONS of them since it took 2 hours to sew me up which I'm sure makes a difference on level of itchiness. I think it feels completely different from yeast itch though
#30 of 142 Old 05-04-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondimpression View Post
I'm 5 weeks PP and my stitches still itch like crazy sometimes. I also have TONS of them since it took 2 hours to sew me up which I'm sure makes a difference on level of itchiness. I think it feels completely different from yeast itch though
I remember when I had my first I was stitched from a 4th degree episiotomy. IT SUCKED! I couldn't poop, and everytime I cough it felt like my bottom was ripping apart!

Did you tear or did you have an episiotmy?

On the homefront, Piper was laughing in her sleep today. She makes all kinds of silly cute sounds. Normally, in her sleep she sounds like she is barking, lol! My other dd was full of silly cute sounds as a newborn too. My favorite is when they sound like a cat meowing when I rub their back. I should be sleeping...

I'm so late in this postpartum chat thread that I feel like I missed out on how you all were doing on your recovery from the get go.

I have embarrassing questions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page