PP Weekly Thread 5/10-5/16 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-13-2009, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Forgive me, I've only skimmed this thread for the week.

We had our first doctor's appt last week. Doc told me it was okay to start light walking as long as I felt up to it (I'm 1 month pp). However, my knee pain has come back with a vengeance so walking around the house is keeping me in pain. Ugh, I'm very ready to get that looked at.

In 3 weeks he went from 7lbs 15oz and 21in to 9.24lbs and 22in. (I think the nurse measured his length wrong, though) I swear he's gotten even bigger since then! His belly button fell off last week too. (He got that crusty stuff on it for a few days too)

He's had 2 growth spurts (according to kellymom right on schedule too) so my breasts are SO FULL right now (even with pumping) because he isn't eating as constantly as he was last week.

He's starting to sleep longer between feedings (which means he eats for longer jags) At night he'll sleep anywhere from 3-5 hours at a time! Of course, that means he eats for an hour or so each time. During the day he'll eat for 30min-1hour at a time and sleep 2 hours. It's great. His days and nights are switching too! He stays awake for longer periods each time. He and I have a similar schedule. He'll start to drift off around 9 or so and wake up again to eat between 11 and 12am. He'll sleep until 4am or 5am. Then I can usually get him to sleep from 6am until about 9:30am. We're usually up the rest of the day after that.

My nipples are also sore. Not like those first few weeks (OUCH) but a bit tender. They're also more pink than they used to be.

Oh, Fruitful Womb: I had something like that happen twice in high school. It ended up being a clogged pore or ingrown hair. I popped and drained it and kept it clean and it cleared up in a couple of days.

Question: Anyone else dealing with sore labia? I notice that mine are sore when I go pee. It's annoying.
And, who else has hemorrhoids? I noticed light bleeding when I had BMs and I chalked it up to PP bleeding or something. But now that my bleeding has slowed down and I'm still seeing it I'm thinking hemorrhoids. Ugh, first time I've EVER had that happen.

DH comes home in 4 WEEKS : I couldn't be more ready!

If you pray, please pray for me at this time too. I'm dealing with some nasty family BS and it's been triggering me like crazy lately. (I have a self harm problem)

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2009, 03:20 PM

I'm glad to be back on here after being off for several days...the hard drive in my computer went bad (for the second time ) and I had to have it replaced.

I don't know what if anything I did to deserve this, but River is being such an easy baby. We've gotten into a good nighttime routine where she pretty much sleeps all night and only wakes up to be fed. As long as she can be snuggled up next to me, she will sleep peacefully. I'm not counting on having this last for long, but it's been about a week that she's been doing this. It helps a lot too that we finally figured out how to nurse while lying down, so I can nurse her to sleep and not have to move her afterwards.

We took her back to the pediatric cardiologist on Monday, and he is putting her on medication not because he thinks she needs it right now but because he thinks she will start to need it in the next few weeks. Can I ask, how long on average do your LOs nurse at a time? It seemed to concern the doctor that River nurses 30-40 minutes per session and falls asleep while nursing (he thought it meant she was getting too tired while she nurses) but I thought both of those things were normal. He said she should be emptying each breast in 10 minutes, but honestly I never get an "empty" feeling. Maybe it's just because my rack is so ginormous that I can't tell. Anyway, the medication is only a diuretic to prevent fluid collecting in her lungs, so I'm not that concerned about it, but the things that the doc seemed to see as red flags didn't seem that out of the ordinary to me.

to those of you who are dealing with frustrating older children. And AFWife--I hope your family issues ease up a bit. Sometimes it takes a real act of will to continue being kind to yourself in challenging circumstances.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
Old 05-13-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
funny I just read this and then I put Phoebe down on the floor while I went to the bathroom, and watched her roll from her back to her side, and then back onto her back again. She was 2 weeks yesterday. Go figure.

My son used to locomote all over the house by rolling. It was hilarious. He would roll himself from room to room.
Eden's been rolling up on her side on the bed for awhile, but I just figured it was my weight pressing the mattress down that allowed her to do it. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
I'm glad to be back on here after being off for several days...the hard drive in my computer went bad (for the second time ) and I had to have it replaced.

I don't know what if anything I did to deserve this, but River is being such an easy baby. We've gotten into a good nighttime routine where she pretty much sleeps all night and only wakes up to be fed. As long as she can be snuggled up next to me, she will sleep peacefully. I'm not counting on having this last for long, but it's been about a week that she's been doing this. It helps a lot too that we finally figured out how to nurse while lying down, so I can nurse her to sleep and not have to move her afterwards.

We took her back to the pediatric cardiologist on Monday, and he is putting her on medication not because he thinks she needs it right now but because he thinks she will start to need it in the next few weeks. Can I ask, how long on average do your LOs nurse at a time? It seemed to concern the doctor that River nurses 30-40 minutes per session and falls asleep while nursing (he thought it meant she was getting too tired while she nurses) but I thought both of those things were normal. He said she should be emptying each breast in 10 minutes, but honestly I never get an "empty" feeling. Maybe it's just because my rack is so ginormous that I can't tell. Anyway, the medication is only a diuretic to prevent fluid collecting in her lungs, so I'm not that concerned about it, but the things that the doc seemed to see as red flags didn't seem that out of the ordinary to me.

to those of you who are dealing with frustrating older children. And AFWife--I hope your family issues ease up a bit. Sometimes it takes a real act of will to continue being kind to yourself in challenging circumstances.
Eden feeds for anywhere between 5 mins and 1 hour. Just depends on what she needs at the time. I think as long as you're hearing her swallow a good deal she's fine. Eden always falls asleep @ the breast if she feeds long enough. Sometimes she continues to suck in her sleep, sometimes not. Also, if baby 'empties' your breast in 10 mins and keeps sucking you can have another letdown, which is probably what she's waiting for' My understandin is that there's a small amount of fore milk in the breast to pacify them, then as they suck your body produces hind milk (which is the good stuff, right, w/ lotsa fat, etc.), so 40 mins seems like a reasonable time to suck.

AFWife, take care of yourself. You're awesome and we love you. Also, remember that baby loves and needs you.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:48 PM

It's like my milk is water.
Z can't eat just that-- he has to have at least an ounce of formula or he freaks out.
Pumping more frequently doesn't increase my supply, either.
I get every last drop and the total is never enough for one feeding, unless I skip a session and pump later.
Annoying.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
Old 05-13-2009, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
AFwife . I second everything Kate said.

Nancy - how often is Z eating?

Cooper and I just took a nice nap together snuggled up in my bed! I didn't think I'd be comfortable having him in bes with us but he has been ending up in bed with us for at least a few hours a day usually (usually in the early morning). I love our snuggle time!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
Old 05-13-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
AFwife . I second everything Kate said.

Cooper and I just took a nice nap together snuggled up in my bed! I didn't think I'd be comfortable having him in bes with us but he has been ending up in bed with us for at least a few hours a day usually (usually in the early morning). I love our snuggle time!
the only way im really comfortable with gwyn being in bed with us is for me to have a whole third of the bed completely cleared off, and she sleeps there with nothing on or around her- until the last feeding of the night when she snuggles with me another couple hours until wake up time. we snuggle at naps too because im a light napper. on the other hand, im not comfy with her sleeping in the co sleeper much because i can't see her as well or hear her breathing as well even though it isn't far. the co sleeper is mostly used as our changing table, lol.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Zack eats every 2 hours during the day and every 3-4 at night.
.... most of the time.

And each time, he takes at least 4 ounces.

I pump right before I feed him, pretty much every time except once or twice when I end up pumping right afterwards.

I average 3 oz per pump session (total) and have to supplement the difference. He is a furious eater and has grown a lot.

I'm thinking that if had a smaller child, I'd be fine.
Zack is growing rapidly and still isn't really chunky.

Should be an interesting 18 years...

Old 05-13-2009, 08:42 PM

Thank you all for the sweet comments. I'm just holding on another 4 weeks until DH gets here. We've only spent time together twice since January and it's HARD

I'm going to X post in the BFing forum but I wanted to ask here too...

My brother is lactose intolerant. DH's youngest brother has reflux. What are the odds that DS has one of these? How do I figure it out? And, if he is LI can he still BF?

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 05-13-2009, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Re lactose intolerance. YOu'll get more definitive answers over in the breastfeeding forum, but my guess is that the worst that would happen is you'd have to watch the amount of dairy in your diet. Breastmilk doesn't have the same makeup as cow's milk, which is what people are usually drinking when they identify a lactose intolerance.

If any of that makes sense....

Mom of two girls.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claras_mom View Post
Re lactose intolerance. YOu'll get more definitive answers over in the breastfeeding forum, but my guess is that the worst that would happen is you'd have to watch the amount of dairy in your diet. Breastmilk doesn't have the same makeup as cow's milk, which is what people are usually drinking when they identify a lactose intolerance.

If any of that makes sense....
It does.

I did have a really big glass of milk last night...and cheese yesterday during the day.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:31 PM

AFWife, I think I saw these two resources on another thread when I did a search a couple days ago. I learned a lot of new stuff. Breastmilk does have lactose, but the "lactose intolerance" most people refer to doesn't start until about age four. Lactose issues w/ breastmilk are different.

Information on lactose overload

Lactose Intolerance and Colic (pdf)

Gallifreyan nerdfighter :, doting partner to the sasquatch , mama to the boss : (10/05) and the new little one (4/14/09). :: and hoping to :
Old 05-13-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasharna View Post
AFWife, I think I saw these two resources on another thread when I did a search a couple days ago. I learned a lot of new stuff. Breastmilk does have lactose, but the "lactose intolerance" most people refer to doesn't start until about age four. Lactose issues w/ breastmilk are different.

Information on lactose overload

Lactose Intolerance and Colic (pdf)
Thank you so much!!! That first article makes the most sense as I've had a bit of oversupply the past couple of days and have been trying to offer both breasts as usual...I think you just saved the day

Old 05-13-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
Zack eats every 2 hours during the day and every 3-4 at night.
.... most of the time.

And each time, he takes at least 4 ounces.

I pump right before I feed him, pretty much every time except once or twice when I end up pumping right afterwards.

I average 3 oz per pump session (total) and have to supplement the difference. He is a furious eater and has grown a lot.

I'm thinking that if had a smaller child, I'd be fine.
Zack is growing rapidly and still isn't really chunky.

Should be an interesting 18 years...
So are you just pumping and bottle feeding him then? The only reason I ask is because normally babes can get more milk out than you could with a pump.

I wonder if you added in another pump if you could up your production? I know how much a pain it would be from already feeding him every 2 hours.

All that pumping would wear me out s mama!

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

Old 05-13-2009, 11:11 PM

as for co-sleeping - ds sleeps right next to me. DH is still sleeping in dd's room because we get up so often at night to nurse and his latch still needs my help, so lights have to go on. DS sleeps right next to me in the crook of my arm. We have the whole queen bed to ourselves. I have pillows piled along the one side from when dd would sleep with me when i was pregnant to prevent her from falling out. On top of the pillows I have diapers, wipes, change of clothes, a blanket to change him on, etc

At first I was nervous about sleeping with him, but after the first night I no longer was. I fell right back into like when me and dd slept together.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
So are you just pumping and bottle feeding him then?
Yeah.
Zack has been insatiable the whole time. If it wasn't for his jaundice and weight loss in the first Sew days, I wouldn't have used a bottle. oh well.

PAK

Old 05-14-2009, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yesterday got pretty crazy for me! 3yo dd got a small scrape on her head, but the incident left me so frantic and anxious that I left home for a play date with friends even though I had a zillion things to take care of at home.
Here is what happened:
My two older girls were playing outside and I was sitting inside with India around lunch time. I could see the girls from my chair - they were playing with mud and giggling. Suddenly the laughter stopped and 3yo dd was crying and screaming. I looked up and she was dripping blood all over her head and arms. 5yo dd was running up the porch steps repeating, "I accidentally - I accidentally-"
I jumped up and put India down, ran onto the porch. 3yo dd wouldn't come to me. 5yo dd couldn't seem to get her sentence out. She did manage to tell me that a shovel managed to slip from her hands. I finally grabbed 3yo & ran her to the bathroom so I could clean the blood off. It was all through her hair, all over her face and there was a good deal of it on her arm. It turned out to all be coming from a pretty small and shallow scrape on top of her head.
5yo dd finally was able to relate that that the girls decided it was raining mud, so 3yo dd was holding an umbrella over her head while 5yo dd shoveled globs of mud onto it - with the grown-up sized shovel DP left in the backyard.
I packed up the children and let them play at a friend's house until dinner time. My nerves were shot and I needed to unwind and just sit and nurse India. Love my friends.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
Old 05-14-2009, 11:34 AM

Just stopping in to say "hello" I have been skimming the thread as much as I can, but never seem to get much time to post! I love keeping up with how everyone is doing though - so helpful and supportive. Things are going really well over here 7 weeks pp (so those of you who wonder if it ever gets better - it does!) .... Finally, I am starting look and feel like my old pp self. Baby is so easy, he's just such a laidback little guy and the fact that I can nurse him lying down and in the bjorn helps tremendously. He sleeps alot! At night sometimes he sleeps 5.5 hours and sometimes he's up after 3 hours to nurse but we nurse lying down and fall asleep. Happy to report that DS1 is pretty much back to hi old sweet self again too. Thank God! I am reading "Sibilings Without Rivalry" and employing those methods as much as possible and it has helped alot, I think. Going out with both is a bit of a pain but has gotten much easier with practice, with DS1 behaving so much better than the first three weeks and with both children calming down and getting used to everything. The bjorn is a life save for this. Only problem is DS1 got a bad cold and I have been paranoid about keeping the baby free from his germs! But I gave DS1 some pumped breastmilk (disguised as chocolate milk as he doesn't like the flavor anymore) and he has recovered very quickly! Gotta run!

Oh and Baby has been smiling at me - so sweet!:
Old 05-14-2009, 11:48 AM

co-sleeping- dh takes lo the first half of the night then lo comes to me for his feeding and sleeps right next to me the rest of the night. Yes he only really wakes once a night to eat, maybe a 2nd time for a snack but that's it. He goes to sleep about 9-10 wakes to eat 2-3ish and agian by 6 but I am up for the other children around this time anyways. He's been doing this since about 2 wks.

LO was wake most of the day yesterday w/little cat naps but nothing more than 20 mins.when he would fall asleep ds4 would yell and wake him. Ds4 is so HN. I never really noticed before lo came and right now I am so stressed w/him (ds4). I love him but sometimes just want him to go away- my mom is taking him to lunch today so I can get a break.Nap time!!!

Doesn't help I've been sick the past few days and am now watching lo because he seems to be getting it too. and its bad- post-nasal dip, cough, fever, and chest congestion. Tired to get him into the peds to check for RSV but nothing open for today or tomarrow. Talked to the nurse- but sad to say nothing I didn't know. If he gets bad enough I'm going straight to the ER. I've never ever had any of my other dc get sick this young before and they were all born in the fall and winter! If you pray please pray he doesn't get any worse- so far it's really mild. but if it runs like it did w/me and my older dc its a bad one.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
My brother is lactose intolerant. DH's youngest brother has reflux. What are the odds that DS has one of these? How do I figure it out? And, if he is LI can he still BF?
I just read abut this in What to Expect the First Year (because DS was crying uncontrollably and I was wondering about it) and it says that the big signs are blood in their stool and spitting up, then there was also gassiness, and fussiness, but the huge predictor is if there is a family history of allergies.

In that case you can continue to breastfeed, but you would have to cut out dairy from your diet (no cheese! eeek!). I think the elimination diet always starts with dairy and then you try other stuff, but you'd have to check on that. I hope it isn't food allergies, but if so at least you'll know!

Paci update: I used a paci yesterday to get DS to the store. He screams the second I put him in his car seat, before I even get him buckled in he's bright red with anger and I'm too flustered to attempt a trip out. So I did it out of necessity. I have a toddler too and I can't make him stay home all the time because his little brother flips out in the car and it isn't fair to him to have to listen to a baby scream every time we go out. Sigh. Paci is staying in the car seat so I can use it every time in need be.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
Old 05-14-2009, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Yawn. Julian has this habit of sleeping great from 9-2am, he'll wake up a couple times to nurse during then but goes right back to a deep sleep. After 2am though, all bets are off. He kicks, squirms, wants to nurse, doesn't want to nurse, falls asleep for 20 minutes, wakes up again. Repeat the entire rest of the night. He sleeps on me or in my arm so all this moving around keeps me up. Just when I fall asleep then he is up again. I'm hoping this is short lived.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:34 PM

Hi Ladies!

Like MaryTheres, I read often but rarely find time to post. Now I have my sweet little guy in my lap, not nursing for once, so I'll try!

This was my 3rd C section and definitely a good recovery, but more pain & I'm trying hard to keep taking it easy so I can move around well with my boys this summer. I gained just under 60 lbs and had lost about half at 3 weeks out. Unlike some of you I won't be looking like my pre-preg self for awhile! but its worth it!

Co-sleeping, I have my baby next to me on his little pallet, sleep positioner on top of waterproof pad, with rec. blankets over all of it. I have to switch out the blankets at least once due to pee or milk! Ramsay eats from 4pm to around 10 pm, with only short breaks & then thank God, he sleeps for 5-6 hrs straight & doesnt wake up at all. Then he eats once & goes back to sleep.

Nancy, the voraciousness can be a totally normal part of breastfeeding. Newborns can eat literally, all day. In the next 2 months though, it becomes much more manageable. I'm a volunteer LC and if I didnt help others nurse I think I wouldn't be able to go on like this, I always forget how much new babies chow down! If you did eventually want to switch back from full time pumping to putting him to the breast, it can be done, I highly recommend calling your local LLL Leader. I had similar issues with my first and they helped a lot. Its just a thought based on your last post. I do know many moms that exclusively pump and are very content with it, you may find you prefer it.

Fairymom, I hope your baby feels better soon!

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
Old 05-14-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liseux View Post
Nancy, the voraciousness can be a totally normal part of breastfeeding. Newborns can eat literally, all day. In the next 2 months though, it becomes much more manageable. I'm a volunteer LC and if I didnt help others nurse I think I wouldn't be able to go on like this, I always forget how much new babies chow down! If you did eventually want to switch back from full time pumping to putting him to the breast, it can be done, I highly recommend calling your local LLL Leader. I had similar issues with my first and they helped a lot. Its just a thought based on your last post. I do know many moms that exclusively pump and are very content with it, you may find you prefer it.
I don't mind the bottle at all... I just wish I could get more in it.
The way Zack eats, it's almost 50/50 now.

We'll see what happens... he's very healthy, so I can't get too upset.
He's such a little man already, that the feeling like he "needs" to nurse from me has dissipated. Zack is very content. I am blessed and he still knows my voice = Food!

I feel so used. LOL

Old 05-14-2009, 03:22 PM

Nancy, I know that "used" feeling, LOL!

Here's a tip that might help with supply: power pumping. From the Mobi Motherhood Intl website, "If you enjoy watching a television show at night, you can pump or power pump during the show. Even if you aren’t producing much milk during these pumping sessions you are stimulating your breasts to make more milk." Basically, you watch a 1 hr show and then pump the entire commercial break, every commercial break. At the end of the show you can then store the milk, but its not about how much, its just about sending the signal to make more milk. The next day you should see more.

I also have a pumping trick that helps let down more milk during the session. I will try to put here later, I am being demanded!

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
Old 05-14-2009, 04:48 PM

I've been tired enough that I "forget" to feed Nora at night sometimes. She'll wake up and I can give her my pinky to suck while I'm still half-asleep. She must fall back asleep, because it's usually an hour or two later when she wakes up again and I actually wake up enough to feed her!!! Earlier this week she was crying at night and I said sleepily to my husband "I wonder what she wants?". He thought I was crazy- "Ummm... probably for you to feed her!"

I have to be careful and pay attention to her cues, because she's a baby that doesn't DEMAND to be fed like her sister did.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

Old 05-14-2009, 05:28 PM

Ha ha... a pinky.
That would totally FAIL in this house!
There's no fooling Mr. Mouth.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
Ha ha... a pinky.
That would totally FAIL in this house!
There's no fooling Mr. Mouth.
Tee-hee... same here. I've tried various binkies, too. He acts like I'm trying to poison him.

's okay though. He's a pretty quiet baby.

Gallifreyan nerdfighter :, doting partner to the sasquatch , mama to the boss : (10/05) and the new little one (4/14/09). :: and hoping to :
Old 05-14-2009, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Mel- I sort of do the same thing. Sometimes when Cooper wakes up at night it will take me a little while to realize he needs to eat! I'm so tired that I'll first just try to console him and hope he'll just fall back to sleep. When he doeant stop crying I realize what he wants...LOL

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
Old 05-14-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasharna View Post
Tee-hee... same here. I've tried various binkies, too. He acts like I'm trying to poison him.

's okay though. He's a pretty quiet baby.
g can spit her binky about two feet. i dont think were going to get much use of it.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
Old 05-14-2009, 10:28 PM

oli acts like i'm gagging him at using the paci

today was horrible
Today at the eye appt she was constantly talking. She never stop talking! Just constant.. then the not listening on top of it... OMG Then he woke and was hungry so she started the screaching and he's crying and I'm trying to talk with the dr and trying to pick out new frames... Needless to say I have no clue what the dr said, no clue what i picked out for frames or what i paid for or how much the fames will be int he end, because i'm so distracted trying to get them to be quiet!

So i had dh meet me at the grocery store because we had a gift card and needed some stuff... so finally we get throught he store and I'm distracted again that I end up paying it on the credit card...sigh - well that was a pointless day out.

Ended up yelling at dh that i can't do it on my own - he's being shitty at disciplining J and she's acting worse and worse and how do i discipline her when i have him in my arms constantly? Yelled at him that it's not fair he can go to appt without having to take 2 kids screaming...how am i ever supposed to go to appointments. This is why i haven't been to the dentist in 3 years and eye dr. I have an appt for j and me for the dentist in 2 weeks and think i'd be better off just cancelling it because this sucks

Old 05-14-2009, 10:34 PM

Update on DS tummy issues: I think it was lactose overload. I pumped off a ton of foremilk and he nursed later and did fine. My mom fed him what I had pumped a few hours later (because I was totally drained by then) and said he woke up screaming a little while after. I'll try a dairy experiment later in the week and see if it happens again...

I'm back at my in-laws. It's caused stress with my parents...but past issues actually make it more healthy (mentally) for me to be here. DS, however, is having trouble settling in. He's been comfort nursing since we got here and when he's able to sleep I've just let him sleep. Normally I make him stay up during the day but I know he's not happy.

Speaking of unhappy...more later.

User Tag List