Forum Jump: 

#151 of 158 Old 05-17-2009, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
this kid is a poltergeist!
he sleeps with his eyes open and it's freaky!!
:-O
Cooper will open his while he is sleeping and his eyes roll back. Thankfully the ped. in the hospital warned us that it happens and its normal.

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#152 of 158 Old 05-17-2009, 11:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nancy (and anyone pumping for work), I posted on Lindsay's thread, but thought I'd repost here that there is a great video online about maximizing production when pumping.

AFWife. I hope you get some good sleep soon- parenting with two parents will feel like a breeze after this!

Nora had a couple of tired freak outs to fall asleep again today. Why can't she just nurse and fall asleep? A walk in the wrap will do it, but it's not always possible to do. And she doesn't fall for walking around the house- she wants to go outside! I'm getting my exercise, at least

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#153 of 158 Old 05-18-2009, 12:25 AM

Dh is at work probably all night...no sleep for me when he's gone

what is PAK?

milk was hurting dd2...she's alot better today, we'll see how the night goes. i'm off to bed praying i sleep...
#154 of 158 Old 05-18-2009, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
Dh is at work probably all night...no sleep for me when he's gone

what is PAK?

milk was hurting dd2...she's alot better today, we'll see how the night goes. i'm off to bed praying i sleep...
Instead of nursing at keyboard(nak) its pumping at keyboard (I think) which I think sounds tricky

I hope you get some sleep!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#155 of 158 Old 05-18-2009, 03:51 AM

pak

pumping @ kb

which i am... again!

and, thanks for the video link.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#156 of 158 Old 05-18-2009, 10:35 AM

I am watching LO stare at her favorite spot on the wall...where the border and the changing table meet...we say she likes the bugs on the border, but I'm sure it's the contrast. She talks to them and stares, it's very cute. We've been at it so much this morning I brought the laptop in here!!! LOL

I need to pump some to have some back up for my mom when she watches her for a couple of hours while I work, but she is sucking me dry by night time, do I just pump and it will increase enough for her???

Kate-I am always constipated. They have me on iron, so that makes it worse. But OB put me on 2 colace pills per day, plus the prenatal and the iron, and it seems to be working, you could try it? It's just a softener not a drug....

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#157 of 158 Old 05-18-2009, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmomma76 View Post
I am watching LO stare at her favorite spot on the wall...where the border and the changing table meet...we say she likes the bugs on the border, but I'm sure it's the contrast. She talks to them and stares, it's very cute. We've been at it so much this morning I brought the laptop in here!!! LOL

I need to pump some to have some back up for my mom when she watches her for a couple of hours while I work, but she is sucking me dry by night time, do I just pump and it will increase enough for her???

Kate-I am always constipated. They have me on iron, so that makes it worse. But OB put me on 2 colace pills per day, plus the prenatal and the iron, and it seems to be working, you could try it? It's just a softener not a drug....

Milk supply is at it's lowest at night, it peaks roughly around 4am. Most women find it's easier to pump in the mornings (not at 4am, but sometime in the morning!). And yes if you add a regular pumping session in then your milk supply will adjust.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#158 of 158 Old 05-18-2009, 11:14 AM

Peony-thanks. I'll wait for her to eat again, and pump right after. I just hope there's enough for her today. She seems to get frustrated when it gets lower and she has to work more for it.

Nancy I thought of you the other day when I was talking to an aquaintence of mine. Her ds was born a week before mine, and she tried and tried to BF him, and he just wouldn't do it. So she had been pumping for him. The LC told her to put him to the breast twice per day, and have him try, it would increase her supply and he would have the opportunity to try...anyway, she'd been doing that for 4 weeks, and one day he just latched on and she's been BF ever since. I don't know if any of that's helpful or not, I don't want to be discouraging, but I thought I would pass it along...

I am supposed to go to work today...instead I am sitting here on MDC and thinking about starting a blog...lol

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page