Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Getting us started...
#2 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

This weekend LO slept once in the carseat for about an hour...I didn't know what to do with myself. I feel naked without her on me! Then yesterday she layed on the floor a few times and was happy for 15 min and also has been much happier in general when awake. I'm guessing it's that she's a bit older now, 5 weeks today going too fast! And that she's most likely 10 lbs now. She actually slept all night last night...we went to bed around 11:30 and she woke at 6:00 to nurse and be changed. Bad thing is I'm not a morning person so the waking at 6:00 was hard for me, and she was wide awake. Thankfully she fell back asleep at 7 and we kinda dozed till 9 while DD1 watched cartoons in my bed with us. Sadly I almost miss the 3am feeding as then she sleeps longer in the morning!

I'm feeling so pressured by DH when it comes to sexual stuff. I know it's been tough on him especially since we were DTD at least once a day at the end of preggo. And in the 3rd week pp I was actually wanting to do stuff, not DTD, but didn't out of fear due to my major stitches. Now that feeling is gone. I have NO desire to do any of it and technically I still have one more week of recommended "pelvic rest" before my appointment at 6 weeks. Things feel fine down there now, but the desire is not there and I hate how I feel if I just do things for his benefit, especially now when I'm more emotional. I finally had to tell DH this this morning and of course he felt bad for making me feel that way but then leaves for work like a sad puppy who didn't get attention. One thing is that to get me going most of the time it was nipple stim...well now with nursing that's out the window as these things are for feeding only!

Felt guilty about paci use, Logically I know it's not a big deal but in my heart it makes me feel like a failure that I can't console my baby. We have been using it off and on (only DH and I as I don't want anyone else just using it to hold my babe when she may need me) anyway I do EVERYTHING first and then if it's been a while and she's still not consoled I'll use it. She usually falls right asleep after so she doesn't have it long...appears to just take the edge off so she can relax. But I sitll have a hard time not feeling like a failure.

LO chooses her breast sometimes....so I"m block feeding but the last two days if I've nursed twice on one side, I'll try again and she appears she doesn't want it, so I'd try the other breast just to check everything off my list and she'll take it...like she knows the other one will be work to get it out and the milk is right there with that breast. They are sooo smart! anyone else's LO pick their breast?

It's gloomy here and we have NOTHING on the calendar all week...I need to schedule something or my mood will go down fast here!

I always have so much to write...I'm thinking about blogging now, it feels good to get stuff out but not have to actually talk with someone about it. Althought I actually would only want those I've never met to read not close friends/family.
#3 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 12:27 PM

Shine, don't feel bad about the paci. My son used one and I let myself feel that way sometimes, but then I really got over it and decided that kids are all different, and we can trust ourselves to know what they need. And its OKAY for it not to always be our body. On the upside, I think this little one is a lot less "sucky" so we may not have to bother with it.

I'm feeling some ambivalence about DTD, we did it once and it was okay but kind of hurt. Now I feel the pressure about it and similarly I'm not feeling it- though I wish I was. If that makes sense.

Right now I am wearing the baby in a handed down Ergo with an infant insert. I never had an ergo before. Baby seems really happy but its quite bulky in front compared to the wrap. And I think I don't quite have the straps set up right b/c I keep feeling as if though they are going to slip off my shoulders. My shoulders are really broad, and my chest is huge, and it seems like that little "chest strap" isn't expanding far enough or something. Hmm. Gotta mess around with it. I mean, baby feels secure and everything, but the carrier isn't staying put in the way I'd like. Maybe I am just spoiled by how totally snug a wrap is for this age?

And- YAY! Baby is finally really getting the hang of sidelying nursing. I didn't have to sit up in bed once last night, and my nips aren't all sore, and she seems to be satisfied. She still needs help to get in the right position (she's 5 weeks tomorrow) but I am very happy about this change in my nighttime routines.

We worked a lot on our garden over the weekend and it felt nice and like we are getting back to some semblance of normal. I'd worked a lot on weeding and cleaning things out right before I had the baby, but haven't managed much in the past month. DS and I picked out starts (haha, didn't get the seeds going this year!) and we dug in a bunch of compost, and got all sorts of lovely summer plants in (melons, peppers, winter squash, summer squash, herbs, cucumbers, arugula... already have lots of greens going strong, plus beans, tomatoes, and some other cukes getting started). I want to still put in more flowers, some more beans, and try to find a little corner for carrots, which are always a crapshoot for me for some reason. We have a relatively small community garden plot so I am always STUFFING it full.

Tomorrow we go get Phoebe's birth certificate! Then on to a passport, and then a social security number. Apparently the SS office around here no longer accepts a letter from the MW along with a birth cert, so we have to come up with a second form of "ID" for our baby. Medical bills count (whatever, I think that is weird!) but she hasn't had any medical issues yet, and I'm waiting to get her state health insurance card (Healthy Families) before I schedule her hearing test and anything else potentially expensive. Oh, and please cross your fingers for us that the governor's talk is just talk, and that they aren't REALLY going to cut state health programs for low income families, because that is what covers my kids (who, by the way, have never used it for anything other than well-child visits).

Well, thats the end of my novel for now, gotta go nurse a squirmy girl.

dissertating mom to three

#4 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
I am DEFINITELY interested in doing the couch to 5K program! I know DH will do it with me too as we were just talking about getting back in shape together. He teases that he gained baby weight too. I very quickly lost 25-30 of the 35-40 pounds I gained but my weightloss has definitely halted. I really would like to be 10 pounds less than my pre pregnancy weight so I have 20 pounds to lose *sigh*. I am officially allowed to exercise now and I know its going to take some time to get back in shape as walking gets me tired (or maybe its the lack of sleep?). I was at the gym almost right up until I delivered so I hope that helps! My body is definitely all around jiggly though and I have this mound of extra skin/fat that hangs over my incision (had a section) and getting dressed is very discouraging .

On DTD I'm officially allowed to do that now and DH has been patiently (or maybe not so patiently) waiting but I'm sort of scared. I had a C Section and I guess I'm afraid an orgasm will hurt? I'm not sure. I need to just do it already and move on! I had a bit of a sex drive when Cooper was first born but now I think the fear of the unknown has taken over.
I also have the little pooch of fat and skin hanging over my incision. MW swears it will go away, and sure enough, I can tell it's shrinking. I'm currently 35 pounds over my pre-pg weight (gained 60 ) and would like to be about 10 pounds under the pre-pg weight, so about 45 to lose. :

On your other issue...well, it doesn't hurt for me. I was worried about that too, but no pain at all. Of course DH is still not wanting to DTD so I'm on my own there, but at least it doesn't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
Has anyone found/used sunscreen before 6 months old like it says on the water babies bottle?
Well, we've used sunscreen on River once or twice. I used the super-gentle natural kind from Whole Foods. She didn't have any kind of skin reaction to it, and if she got a sunburn I would feel like the worst mom ever, so I'm not going to worry about occasional use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
Felt guilty about paci use, Logically I know it's not a big deal but in my heart it makes me feel like a failure that I can't console my baby. We have been using it off and on (only DH and I as I don't want anyone else just using it to hold my babe when she may need me) anyway I do EVERYTHING first and then if it's been a while and she's still not consoled I'll use it. She usually falls right asleep after so she doesn't have it long...appears to just take the edge off so she can relax. But I sitll have a hard time not feeling like a failure.
I feel guilty about it sometimes too, but I really think our expectations of ourselves are way too high. I've been thinking about this a lot lately because I keep getting these surges of mommy-guilt, when I truly am doing my best to take good care of my baby, keep myself from getting burned out, and nurture my marriage at the same time. To be the perfect AP mom, you would have to:

1) BF whenever, wherever, for however long LO wants to
2) Be physically with your baby 24-7 until at least toddlerhood
3) Pick up LO instantly whenever he starts to cry
4) Manage to console LO without the use of pacifiers, baby swings, or vibrating bouncy seats
5) Wear LO in a carrier several hours each day without fail
6) Cloth diaper, including all of the laundry that involves
7) Maintain your household spotlessly while recycling, composting, gardening, cooking everything from scratch using natural and organic foods, sticking to a budget, etc.
8) Still manage to have some kind of relationship with DH or DP

I can manage to do some of these things all the time and others some of the time, but I cannot do all of them all of the time. No wonder I feel guilty! I am working on lowering my expectations of myself. And if I try everything else to console my baby and the pacifier is the only thing that works, then it probably just means she's crying because she wants to suck on the pacifier, so that should be okay, right?

Getting off my soapbox now...

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#5 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 12:42 PM

I'm not feeling so guilty about using the paci...my nips simply can't handle the amount of sucking she needs, and she doesn't like my finger...I am however feeling guilty about the bouncy chair. It vibrates. She loves it. She can make the rattle rattle with her hand or her foot. She talks to it, and tries to laugh. Sometimes though I can't settle her, and I've tried everything else, and I stick her in there and she stops crying. Or I pick her up because she's been in there for a while, and she cries. WAAAAA.

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#6 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
I'm feeling so pressured by DH when it comes to sexual stuff.

They are sooo smart! anyone else's LO pick their breast?
Hey, you have a get outta jail free card til six weeks! Seriously. I went in at 6 weeks and my mw had a look and my tear wasn't healed all the way, so it would have been really painful (and I had been pretty achy, sore up til 6 weeks) to dtd, so I'm glad we didn't rush it. We still haven't. I still have some soreness. I think we will soon, though, before my very patient dh's brain explodes. DD has been falling asleep earlier, so...but don't do it if you're not ready, cause then it won't feel good. GL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
I also have the little pooch of fat and skin hanging over my incision. MW swears it will go away, and sure enough, I can tell it's shrinking. I'm currently 35 pounds over my pre-pg weight (gained 60 ) and would like to be about 10 pounds under the pre-pg weight, so about 45 to lose. :
I didn't have a c, but I would like to be 20 lbs under my pre-preg weight....yeah, right. I'm only about 10-12 pounds over (depending on the day) and I'm no where near getting into my summer pants. Even though I was wearing those before I got pg when I was 20 pounds heavier due to bcp. My shape has changed. I had ginormous hips to start with, now I need my own zip code . I'm not down on myself, I think I look pretty good for having pushed a 9 lb baby out, but that spreads the hips pretty well. Of course, just carrying the baby does that, too.

Quote:
I feel guilty about it sometimes too, but I really think our expectations of ourselves are way too high. I've been thinking about this a lot lately because I keep getting these surges of mommy-guilt, when I truly am doing my best to take good care of my baby, keep myself from getting burned out, and nurture my marriage at the same time. To be the perfect AP mom, you would have to:

1) BF whenever, wherever, for however long LO wants to
2) Be physically with your baby 24-7 until at least toddlerhood
3) Pick up LO instantly whenever he starts to cry
4) Manage to console LO without the use of pacifiers, baby swings, or vibrating bouncy seats
5) Wear LO in a carrier several hours each day without fail
6) Cloth diaper, including all of the laundry that involves
7) Maintain your household spotlessly while recycling, composting, gardening, cooking everything from scratch using natural and organic foods, sticking to a budget, etc.
8) Still manage to have some kind of relationship with DH or DP

I can manage to do some of these things all the time and others some of the time, but I cannot do all of them all of the time. No wonder I feel guilty! I am working on lowering my expectations of myself. And if I try everything else to console my baby and the pacifier is the only thing that works, then it probably just means she's crying because she wants to suck on the pacifier, so that should be okay, right?

Getting off my soapbox now...
! Exactly! I haven't done the paci yet. (but my kid won't stop screaming in the car and it's becoming more appealing, I'm just afraid the paci will be like delivering in the hospital...I knew if I did I'd have a hard time resisting the drugs. I'm afraid if the paci is there I'll over use it). I do, however, use the swing daily and she loves her bouncy seat, too. The worst part is, that we were given it as a hand me down and it's the one with flashing lights and music. I call it video game training :. I hate it, but she sits there and smiles and coos and I can cook dinner or something.

Nancy, on the sunblock, we bought Eden a big, sun-proof floppy hat. When I'm carrying her in the pack it shades her whole body.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#7 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:

On your other issue...well, it doesn't hurt for me. I was worried about that too, but no pain at all. Of course DH is still not wanting to DTD so I'm on my own there, but at least it doesn't hurt.
nak

That's good to know. I've been worried about the flap over the scar, too. I was afraid that it would stay thanks to excessive weight gain.

On dtd I would love to, but I still have two and a half weeks of recovery time. DH can't wait either. Hope it stays that way.

Quote:
Well, we've used sunscreen on River once or twice. I used the super-gentle natural kind from Whole Foods. She didn't have any kind of skin reaction to it, and if she got a sunburn I would feel like the worst mom ever, so I'm not going to worry about occasional use.

I've used sunscreen on DS when we went to the beach last week. Some stuff from the drugstore for babies. DH bought it. I probably should have cared more about it, but since DS appears to have my very sun-sensitive skin, I cannot imagine taking him to the ocean without it. No skin reaction.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#8 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 02:53 PM

my LO getting the hang of sidelying nursing as well! I'm very happy about that. It's so much easier.

i had some time to reply to posts on here i had just read.

i never thought i would say it, but i wish ds would take a paci!!

dtd - i'm wanting more of that time, now if me and dh could find the spare time together without a 3 year old and infant around!

my shape has changed too. my hips still groan and crack at me at times when moving in bed or getting up. They did need to expand to get the 9lber out as well though. i never understood what everyone was talking about after i had my tiny almost 7lber, until now with ds being 9lbs. wow! so much difference!

i feel myself starting to gain weight back. i had lost it all and know it's sticking in my stomach area again. i need to do something about that....hmmm now how do i work out with ds strapped to me?

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#9 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 04:06 PM

We are doing so much better since we started CDing. He seems a ton more comfortable. His naps are better and he sleeps better at night. It's more laundry but whatever.

Nancy: Have you considered drinking your calories? A smoothie or Slimfast shake or something? I had to do it while I was pregnant because I got nauseated in the morning and would have no appetite by afternoon.

I've considered using a paci...especially at night because he won't sleep unless he's nursed himself to sleep. It's sweet...but it can get annoying when I'm exhausted.

My toxic parents have been calling and it's driving me crazy. I JUST got DS acclimated to the new house and my parents keep asking me to come home to visit again. It throws off his schedule and makes it twice as hard for me when we get back. Ugh, I'll be so glad when we move away...

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#10 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 04:40 PM

My goal is to pump 50% of Zack's intake. That's where I was right before it dropped to like an ounce per pump... total. Which is... bad. He eats anywhere from 4-6 ounces per feeding.

I was averaging 3 ounces, so I hope to get back to that.

Food is just... not on my list. I eat one significant meal per day and pick at things other times. I try to drink whatever appeals to me, but that's not doing well, either.

I mean, Zack is doing great, but... I really want to be a part of that more than just a few ounces a day. 50% would make me happy. He's just going to eat more and more. I don't know how I will keep up in like a month (or less).

It's probably just not in me to really do this right, and I'm really disappointed that my start was so rocky. Having to give him a bottle on day four really stinks. But, he's so happy and just wants food to come out of whatever I stick in his mouth.

Zack is a serious and voracious eater. And he manipulates me already. He smiles and acts cute when he wants food. Then he nearly inhales it. I honestly don't think he cares where it comes from. My intent, however, is to get the health benefits from what I can provide.

His acne is disappearing and the air bubbles don't bother him so much any more. He flings his head around a lot and his eyes are turning brown (like mine ). i can't wait for him to grab onto something. So far, he's only stuck his hand on the bottle -- and I think that was an accident/coincidence.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#11 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Well we DTD last night and it was a success!! It didn't hurt at all and actually felt quite good . Using a condom, however, was more uncomfortable then I remember but I'm sure we will get used to it.

I love side lying nursing!!!! Its the easiest thing to do in the middle of the night. We are at the in laws in Minnesota until tomorrow and have been here all week and we have been co-sleeping the whole time ! I thought I'd be too scared to do it but I started pulling DS into bed with us in the middle of the night back home too. I've had a few scares but I think I'm more aware of where he is then I think and I think he is more resilient than I think as well.

I use the paci but DS doesn't always want it so he hardly uses it. Once in awhile, usually when he's tired, he'll want it while I rock him to sleep. I don't feel guilty about it but might if nothing else could console him. All I have to do is feed him when he's fussy and it usually calms him right down!

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with the flap over the incision. Its quite scary :. I'm excited to start the couch to 5K program! My plan was to sign up for a 5K in the fall and this program sounds perfect!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#12 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 07:18 PM

I cannot imagine how some of you survived so long without side lying nursing. I was doing it the first day home from the hospital. It has gotten easier though.

I use a pacifier as well. LO seems to like it to fall asleep in the carrier....if I nurse him, it just wakes him up so we use a paci. He is trying to find his fist though and I'd prefer that.

Question about smiling....ODS smiled at 4 weeks and smiled ALOT. LO didn't start smiling until 6 weeks, but still rarely smiles. Is this normal?

Michelle, mama to spirited toddler Liam (August 20, 2007) and high needs baby Ben (April 6, 2009)
#13 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 07:33 PM

dd smiles some, not alot tho at 9 weeks wednesday. mostly in the mornings, by evening, she is fussy and gassy and not in the mood. i feel bad for wanting the gassiness to go away. it feels like i am wishing away these tiny days, when all i really want is for her not to hurt anymore.

#14 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 08:10 PM

I've been trying to get DS to become better at side lying nursing, but we're having problems with that. He tends to relatch, and then it becomes painful. Does anyone have any advice? It would be so convenient at 5 am.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#15 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 08:28 PM

on the smiling, Eden started @ 12 days & hasn't stopped since. my nephew (brilliant boy) didn't smile much for the first couple months. now he's a big joker, but still has a very serious side.. i guess what i'm saying is that it's as much personality as as development @ this age....and of course pain will make it less likely.

i ate red peppers today, even though i knew i shouldn't...now i'm burping them. last time it gave lo mucousy poo & gas. i ordered a sandwich @ a restaurant & paid 4 it before i knew they were out of tomatoes, normally you get to choose 1 or the other .

#16 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
DS just started smiling yesterday at 6 weeks . Its so sweet!!

Ugh I have to say I've had a great trip visiting the in laws but I am so ready to go home! Its been very trying as far as hardly holding DS and I got in the habit of pumping so my in laws could have the opportunity to feed him and all around its just going to be nice to be back home.

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#17 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
DS just started smiling yesterday at 6 weeks . Its so sweet!!

Ugh I have to say I've had a great trip visiting the in laws but I am so ready to go home! Its been very trying as far as hardly holding DS and I got in the habit of pumping so my in laws could have the opportunity to feed him and all around its just going to be nice to be back home.
Wow you are too good to your IL! I barley let mine hold my babes...they got to hold theirs, now it's my turn! I hope I remember these things when I'm an grandma!!!

Thanks for all the comforts on teh paci issue...it really is rare we use it. The car is a must and I don't feel guilty about that one as I physically can't console her.

I liked that list of AP perfection...I'm definatly an AP mama but no where near perfect and never will be!!!

Dh has been holding LO while she's slept for the last 2 hours! I even did some cleaning and gave DD1 a bath, Amazing I know! IT actually felt good to get something done on my own. But I do miss my baby! I think I'll go steal her soon!

As for the sexual stuff, DH would never pressure me it just made me feel that way. He knows there is no DTD till after 6 weeks, but it's the fooling around he's wanting now...he'll just have to be patient.

I just sold my Ergo and am looking at buying a mei tai...sachi or kozy. Can't wait to get them along with my wombfruit wrap. I had to wait till late at night to wash my Moby as we use it all the time!

LO is just a much happier baby..she wasn't bad before just a bit fussy when awake and now she is just chillin most of the time...still wants to be held mostly which is fine with me!

Awesome that some of you are getting smiles...I"m not sure ours are true ones as they are usually followed with a toot or BM!
#18 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 11:34 PM

Shine: I think poop smiles count! They obviously make her feel good, so she smiles!!

I just got to watch Eden 'pet' her daddy for like 5 minutes. Apparently she liked the texture of his hair. It was so cute. She's getting so good with her hands. She loves to bat at the toys on her play gym and her bouncy chair and she reaches for my face when I'm talking to her. She is getting really vocal, too. It's so cute all those little coos and sounds. She really watches what my tongue is doing and tries to imitate. It's amazing to watch!

DH got a gift certificate to Olive Garden from one of his student's parents as a baby gift. Totally brilliant! I had seafood fettuccine :.

#19 of 154 Old 06-01-2009, 11:37 PM

and what's with this new lay out? i hate change:

#20 of 154 Old 06-02-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
and what's with this new lay out? i hate change:
ditto. it throws me off

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#21 of 154 Old 06-02-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
ditto. it throws me off
it doesn't even fit in my browser window properly!

#22 of 154 Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 AM

mucousy poops meaning gel like instead of watery w/ seeds?

if so thats what we've had for 3-4 days or so. today i ate a bacon sandwich(bread and 4 slices of bacon) a hot dog, an ice cream cone, a taco and a chicken taco. i drank water (lots), one tea and one coke. i totally eliminated dairy before with no results. no veggies as they all seem to upset her tummy. Any ideas?

Also, I know it's not the healthiest diet, but what can I eat without veggies?? And how can I lose this 20 pounds? Any ideas?

#23 of 154 Old 06-02-2009, 12:38 AM

oh yeah, on the smiles, on one of you ladies blogs I read that all smiles count, because they're smiling because they're feeling especially happy, regardless of whether they are purposefully doing it or not. That really resonated with me as I agree whole heartedly. I smile before I think about smiling when something makes me happy, so why can't our babies? It doesn't have to mean gas....

#24 of 154 Old 06-02-2009, 01:29 AM

I feel like I'm barely reading and catching up the past few days!

Nora had a rough, fussy day today. And a new rash on her face and head. So I'm adding avocados to the fail list on the allergy challenge. I tried the ergo because it was hot and getting really sweating walking/bouncing her around in the wrap for so long. I don't have an infant insert, and she doesn't fit very well yet (I think she's close to 10lbs now, but still pretty petite).

I'm running with a friend tomorrow, starting the couch to 5K. I can't believe I did a 14K run in September- it feels overwhelming to get to that level of fitness again! Baby steps...

Tomorrow is also my 30th birthday. Please, please baby give me a calmer day as a birthday gift

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#25 of 154 Old 06-02-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post
I feel like I'm barely reading and catching up the past few days!

Nora had a rough, fussy day today. And a new rash on her face and head. So I'm adding avocados to the fail list on the allergy challenge. I tried the ergo because it was hot and getting really sweating walking/bouncing her around in the wrap for so long. I don't have an infant insert, and she doesn't fit very well yet (I think she's close to 10lbs now, but still pretty petite).

I'm running with a friend tomorrow, starting the couch to 5K. I can't believe I did a 14K run in September- it feels overwhelming to get to that level of fitness again! Baby steps...

Tomorrow is also my 30th birthday. Please, please baby give me a calmer day as a birthday gift
::
#26 of 154 Old 06-02-2009, 04:27 AM

PAKadoodle

mr. mouth just plowed through 7 ounces. 2 were pumped.
any time he sleeps more than three hours...

NOMNOMNOM

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#27 of 154 Old 06-02-2009, 10:43 AM

I go for my post p check up today - oh fun

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#28 of 154 Old 06-02-2009, 11:15 AM

happy birthday melw!

We had a night where she literally screeched for 2 hours. Then called down for 2 hours before bed, but couldn't sleep until after midnight. We go for the 2 month check up today, i don't know whether to mention it again or he's just going to say it's colic. i just can tell she hurts. does colic make them screech in pain? The zantac is what finally calmed her down, but I only can give it twice a day for the reflux, and i did it a little before 12 hours to see if it would help. i just want her to feel good.

i wonder if i should try elimination diet again and see if something is bothering her now? she just all the sudden got a rash from detergent, so i wonder if its dairy now when it wasn't before???? is that possible?

i so feel for all of you with your bad days. bad days are so long and tiring and hard. i am literally exhausted and feel like i should sleep all day today, but i can't, she has her appointment and i have to get groceries and take ds to football camp and get dd1 and and and....

#29 of 154 Old 06-02-2009, 11:26 AM

ugh I was vomiting last night. feel a lot better this morning but not good. hope baby is okay. and the boys- they had a stomach bug about 4 weeks ago and baby and I didn't get it. I can't imagine its the same one- that sounds like too long of an incubation.

any tips?

unfortunately I have a chock full day too.

#30 of 154 Old 06-02-2009, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No time to read, it's a crazy week. Apparently I'm back to my regular schedule now. Julian smiled this HUGE smile last night and has been doing it this morning, but only at DH. I'm telling him that it's because he thinks daddy is funny looking.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page